The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 12:33:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765934 times)
Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #930 on: March 19, 2007, 04:40:47 pm »

Kind of irrelevant, but Lauren's going to be in Evan Almightly (sequal to Bruce).  I wonder if it'll be any good...

ps. i made 30 new pins and passed them out today! (giving evil stares to the people who said "what's Gilmore Girls??")  it was SOOOO happy to see people wearing "I support..." buttons all over the school! Grin

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 19, 2007, 05:10:39 pm »

Agree about the Bad Santa thing, her role wasn't that "naughty" in bad santa.  I just was making a point that Lauren doesn't really have to go for that "teenybopper" image.  She's old enough and has done enough in her career where she can let her talent speak for itself.  She doesn't need the squeaky clean image.  Thats just my opinion.   Grin
I'd still watch an 8th season even if Alexis didnt sign up full time.  I think Lauren could carry the show by herself.  But still, lets hope Alexis decides to finish up the show!

ggfan1
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 19, 2007, 05:20:41 pm »

Hi! I am just learning that there may not be a season 8 and I'm devastated!!!  Shocked I had heard rumours at the beginning of the year but I didn't think they were true...I will be absolutely lost without this TV show.  Sad I will do anything to help...I put the button as my msn picture so everyone can see it. Let me know if there's anythin I can do! I plan to write some letters this weekend!
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 19, 2007, 06:42:08 pm »

You good at making shirts?

I found out today that you get a LOT of responses by wearing it.

PM me if you want any ideas!

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 77

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 19, 2007, 06:48:40 pm »

Does anyone know when they stop shooting for this season?

Mid to late May, I believe.

I think I saw somewhere around this thread recently that they stop shooting about mid-april. So we have a little less than a month to make them have an 8th season and shoot the last episode as a season finale. I'm a little worried that if there is no decision before shooting stops, we won't get a fulfilling conclusion if the last episode is indeed the last of the series. I wonder how the writers will write that episode if there is no news on an 8th season...

I love the enthusiasm and determination of everyone here to get an 8th season!!! All Gilmore fans banded together are mghty powerful  Bam   Pow  lol. Keep up the great work everyone  Smiley  High Five  !!! And thanks to Heidi for keeping everyone updated on this thread and for all the hard work she does  Wink Hearts

Clover And I sent an e-mail on Saturday for our St. Patty's Day campaign  Clover

hahah that's what I meant.
<3

<333 WATCH THIS--It'll change your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 .ONE LOVE.
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 19, 2007, 06:49:51 pm »

I was just wondering if there was anyone who could make me a shirt? Ill send you money.... Im just not good with that sort of thing. Message me....

Keeep the hope alive!!!!

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 19, 2007, 08:46:44 pm »

@ShutupRob: your last comment was great! how about you post it here (if you haven't already): http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=800010961

I've actually posted to that thread several times, starting around page 9 or 10 or so.  Thanks for asking, though!   Grin

Best,
Rob

---------------------------
Season 8:  Because Rory still has sooooooooooooooooo much potential to become an Aerie Girl a Dirty girl a Kayak, just like her mother.
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: March 19, 2007, 09:43:36 pm »

@ShutupRob: your last comment was great! how about you post it here (if you haven't already): http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=800010961

I've actually posted to that thread several times, starting around page 9 or 10 or so.  Thanks for asking, though!   Grin

Best,
Rob

---------------------------
Season 8:  Because Rory still has sooooooooooooooooo much potential to become an Aerie Girl a Dirty girl a Kayak, just like her mother.

Yea me 2, I've posted at least 3 times. Grin

One thing I noticed about this whole putting the show against eachother thing is that almost ALL of the VM fans say they like GG, just not this season or just not this season and last so if they pick GG, make an AMAZING season like season 5, everyone, including VM fans that just got there show cancelled, will be somewhat happy. Wow that is saying something that 32 pages of fans do/did like GG, no wonder it is one of the top shows! Shocked

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 19, 2007, 10:22:09 pm »

I just can't believe that so many people would pick Veronica or Gilmore Girls? Are they seriously? How are they coming to this conclusion? Gilmore Girls has quadruple the ratings of Veronica, so all of the Veronica watchers must be crazy internet people, or each person has five different profiles on tvguide.com  It's just annoying...I think everyone that watches that show is 12.  Ok, enough with my lude behaviour...

Well at least we know what we are talking about  Grin

God I hope there is another season!  I have my fingers, toes, hands, legs, arms and eyes crossed...I look like a pretzel 

I have never had such a strong continuous feeling of nervousness in my life and apparently I am going to feel this way for another month...goody!  But it is worth it if we get our girls for one more season.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 10:23:46 pm by gilmoregirlforever » Logged

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #939 on: March 19, 2007, 10:27:28 pm »

I usually try and stay fairly politically correct and middle of the road when it comes to touchy Gilmore rumors and gossip.  Mostly because there's (at least) two sides to every story and we often only hear one side.  But with that said ... all the news we've heard thus far is that Alexis is the only person/issue holding up season 8.  Furthermore, we've heard it from multiple sources ... numerous entertainment reporters, The CW's own employees (tour guides), and other 'tipsters'.  Because it's so common knowledge, I thought I'd share a few questions that have entered my mind recently (and probably yours too).  If anyone would like to share their own opinions, please do.

- Who's leaking the 'Alexis is holding up season 8' information?  Is it a leak to try and pressure her to sign ... or is it common knowledge that everyone else is willing to move forward?  Will holding out on season 8 hurt her career in the short-term?  Long-term?  Do we think she already has something else lined up and that's why she's so willing to jump ship?

- How much do we believe that Lauren wants to do season 8?  Food for thought ... pretend Lauren doesn't want to do season 8, but also doesn't want to upset fans in the process.  If she knows Alexis is definitely against another season, all Lauren has to say is that she won't do season 8 without Alexis and then Lauren comes off looking squeaky clean.  Remember, the entertainment industry is a business.  Or, is Lauren genuinely interested in doing another season, but is using the 'I won't move on without Alexis' as a tactic to negotiate?  Again, remember this is a business.

- How does everyone feel about the fact that The CW seems to have pitted Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars fans against each other?  Devious business move or will it end up alienating fans?  Furthermore, how does everyone feel about Kristin from E! and Michael from TV Guide being so behind the save Veronica campaign?  (I had a fleeting thought that Kristin leaked the Veronica Mars cancellation news just to drum up interest in saving the show.  Congrats; it worked.)

Have I got your wheels turning yet?  Or do I just think too much?  Hopefully the above questions didn't come off as negative, that wasn't my intention.  They are simply thoughts that have entered my mind during the countless hours we've all spent trying to save our favorite show.   

As I've always said and will continue to say ... nothing's over until it's over.  I will support the Great8Mandate until the very end and still believe there's hope for season 8.  Viva la Gilmore!

~Heidi

Hi everyone,

It's come to my attention that a few people might have taken my above post the wrong way.  I absolutely did not set out to or mean to 'dirty' the names and good character of Lauren or Alexis.  And the idea that anyone here could even think that was my intention ... kind of really hurts.

Let me start off by saying ... I love Gilmore Girls.  I love Lauren Graham.  I love Alexis Bledel.  If I didn't, there's no way I would continue to put so much of my time and effort into the Great8Mandate and trying to 'save' season 8.  With my original post I simply wanted to get people thinking ... about this, about that, about everything.  I was bringing up points that had been brought up to me and wanted to start a dialogue for discussion.  (For example, the 'How much do we believe that Lauren wants to do season 8?' question came from a response that entertainment writer David Kronke gave in his TV blog.  That idea had never even crossed my mind until he brought it up.)  I enjoy reading the different opinions and insights that ORG Forum members have and wanted to know if anyone else had thought about the questions presented.  I didn't mean to imply I whole-heartedly agreed with what I wrote, just that they were passing thoughts.  Perhaps I should have better prefaced everything. 

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: March 20, 2007, 05:37:55 am »

I hate to be the bear of bad news. (Is that the saying or is it bearer? Tongue)

NEW - Studio Tour - "The story I've heard is that Alexis is absolutely not coming back and the network has accepted that and moved on. Lauren, on the other hand, has also said she is done, but the network is still throwing money (and the promise of future deals for her little production company) at her in the hopes she will reconsider. But generally speaking, it seems unlikely that there will be another season." - [email protected]

I do not know the reliability of the source. Though it sure sounds bad. Very bad.

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #941 on: March 20, 2007, 05:54:05 am »

Agree about the Bad Santa thing, her role wasn't that "naughty" in bad santa.  I just was making a point that Lauren doesn't really have to go for that "teenybopper" image.  She's old enough and has done enough in her career where she can let her talent speak for itself.  She doesn't need the squeaky clean image.  Thats just my opinion.   Grin
I'd still watch an 8th season even if Alexis didnt sign up full time.  I think Lauren could carry the show by herself.  But still, lets hope Alexis decides to finish up the show!

lol yeah i agree. but, also, when people start to percieve her as some naughty person just because she played in one movie where that was her role (heidi no im not targeting this at you so dont worry lol), thats kinda retarded because in acting you get a role and play it....its just acting.

NEW - Studio Tour - "The story I've heard is that Alexis is absolutely not coming back and the network has accepted that and moved on. Lauren, on the other hand, has also said she is done, but the network is still throwing money (and the promise of future deals for her little production company) at her in the hopes she will reconsider. But generally speaking, it seems unlikely that there will be another season." - [email protected]

I do not know the reliability of the source. Though it sure sounds bad. Very bad.

hopefully thats not very reliable lol....

k now on what everyone is saying about everwood being cancelled or whatever...yea they may have done something sinmilar to what we are doing, but i dont think that they made as much effort as everyone here is to keep the show.  so maybe thats why it didnt work

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 20, 2007, 08:18:39 am »

I think I may cry...........

I will remain hopeful until the end... but now I am very sad......

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #943 on: March 20, 2007, 08:26:22 am »

I think I may cry...........

I will remain hopeful until the end... but now I am very sad......

Hi guys,

Remember that anything can change on a moment's notice.  It's important to try and stay positive.  We'll probably be at this for about another two months and between now and then I'm sure we'll hear many things, some good and some bad.

Keep sending those letters and letting everyone know that season 8 is definitely supported.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 20, 2007, 08:47:02 am »

I am remaining positive... and hopeful.... it just caught me off guard to hear such outrightly bad news. I doubt that this source is reliable......

I like happy sources!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: