The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 08:40:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1729921 times)
urbanmonkey
« Reply #915 on: March 19, 2007, 09:39:10 am »

Just sent an email to Dawn Ostroff.  Hopefully it makes a difference!  *crosses fingers*
kristin_coleman
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

With all of my love Kristin

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: March 19, 2007, 10:10:32 am »

Seriously I do not want Gilmore Girls want to end I love that show. I started watching that show since it started!
Chareey
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: March 19, 2007, 10:16:28 am »

There is a Poll going on at http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ausiello.aspx. Would you save Gilmore Girls or Veronica Mars? Well, Veronica Mars is winning at the moment, I thought that if Gilmore Girls won, maybe some big shot from the CW would notice the support they have..
I'm writing e-mails at the moment, first chance I have had. Is there any point in sending a letter through the mail, I live in England and I don't know how long it would take?
minilorelai14
« Reply #918 on: March 19, 2007, 10:18:23 am »

The myspace is looking great! Great work!

k well i think im done collecting letters i have over 40 letters in less then a week!! WOW!! GUYS! great job! u can still send them but this saturday im giving them to vanessa so if ur still interested just send the letters to me at [email protected] and this thread will just tell u wht im doing!! thank u so much for all of ur support!! hopefully this helps!! k here is the link to my thread http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6793.0

Do you mean saturday the 24th?

the last day u can send emails to me is march 26! then im giving them to vanessa or im going to the gilmore girl set to give it to them! Smiley
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #919 on: March 19, 2007, 10:47:49 am »

- How much do we believe that Lauren wants to do season 8?  Food for thought ... pretend Lauren doesn't want to do season 8, but also doesn't want to upset fans in the process.  If she knows Alexis is definitely against another season, all Lauren has to say is that she won't do season 8 without Alexis and then Lauren comes off looking squeaky clean.  Remember, the entertainment industry is a business. 

Business or no business, I really think this is very unlikely.  The sequence of events seemed to be that Lauren was consistently saying (in January and February of this year) that she wasn't sure what was going to happen with season 8 - giving no answers at all.  Then the rumors began to fly that the CW would be interested in doing GG without Alexis if necessary to which Lauren responded that she would not do it without Alexis.  This is much different than I'll sign if she signs.  It would be a very different Lauren than the one we've come to know these past seven years to put it on Alexis so the fans aren't upset with her.  She has never been shy at holding onto her convictions before when fans were unhappy  -- namely, she defended the choice to have Lorelai sleep with Christopher.  I honestly do not believe that she, as an individual, is trying to come off "squeaky clean".  She has consistently said that Gilmore Girls, while a lot of work, is the best job she's ever had and she's very grateful for it.  I've seen many interviews with Alexis and I've never heard her express the same sentiment.

Taking into account that very late in this season Lauren has been credited as producer, it is most likely she would be interested in staying with the show.  Also, it does help her production company.  I think the truth of the matter is that it is probably as it seems -- Lauren is open to season 8, but will not do it without Alexis because it would not be the same show.

Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #920 on: March 19, 2007, 12:49:02 pm »

So I just made a shirt.

I put this on the front...

And this on the back. In the corner of this pic I put, "Give them one more chance!"

I'm really getting into this.

Just wondering, are you making any more of these? If you are, would you consider selling one to me?
~rebecca

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
gilmore-fanatic517
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 19, 2007, 12:50:43 pm »

(i dont know about you) but it would not be the same show with out Alexis.
Well all we can do it keep our fingers crossed and wish for her to say "yes"
 Kiss

GILMORE GIRLS IS MY LIFE!!!!! Smiley Wink Cheesy Grin Cool Roll Eyes Tongue Kiss
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #922 on: March 19, 2007, 12:56:28 pm »

ShutupRob, you make a multitude of great points, but unforunately, my kids are bouncing all over the place so I only have a minute to type my question- but know that there are lots of good comments for you in my head!

I'm wondering, like heidi brought up, is this all really in Alexis' hands? I just read on tv.com that Melissa McCarthy has signed on for an ABC sitcom called "Sam I Am"... Huh It was dated march 15, so I'm sorry if this is repeat news, but I haven't found anything here mentioning. That tiny article didn't say anything like the sitcom being in 'second place' to GG...I've also read us chatting about Matt Czuchry and Scott Petersen signing on for series as well, maybe those peripheral charcters wouldn't make or break the show, but I find it hard to believe that MM would go to a new show if GG was coming back for Season 8... Huh

Although I pray that AB signs on full time, and all is well, I must admit that I would still watch an 8th season with Lorelai et al., but with only seeing Rory from time to time (i'm a sucker for sweeps). I can accept that. I'll take GG anyway I can.

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
Catie
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 19, 2007, 12:59:03 pm »

Does anyone know when they stop shooting for this season?

The finale should wrap filming on Friday, April 13th if I counted my days correctly.
Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: March 19, 2007, 01:06:10 pm »

Does anyone know when they stop shooting for this season?

The finale should wrap filming on Friday, April 13th if I counted my days correctly.

ironic that it's on Friday the 13th, no?

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
stracciatella
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: March 19, 2007, 01:43:48 pm »

@ShutupRob: your last comment was great! how about you post it here (if you haven't already): http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=800010961
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 19, 2007, 02:32:39 pm »

Rob, excellent post, I completely and fullheartedly agree!!

If the rumors concerning Dawn Ostroff wanting the show back is true, we already have aboslutely nothing to worry about. Whatever she says goes and if she "will do anything it takes" to bring the show back, that would include cancelling the money pit that is VM (no offence VM fans) and I highly doubt she would pick it over GG just because fans want it. She will pick the show that makes the most money which clearly is GG, she has a failing network on her hands and do VM fans seriously think she is going to let it fall further just to make the internet fanbase on TVG happy?! GG is one of the most popular shows on the network and has been for a very long time even during its "failing" years. If GG is doing so horrible because of storyline, why are the ratings still higher then Veronica Mars'? That is saying something right there! Imagine how high the ratings will be once the main lover relationship is back on track and Rory is off being carreer women! They will be through the roof!!! The S6 premiere grossed over 6 million views because Lorelai proposed to Luke, imagine what they will be like once the couple are married! I don't exactly like the fact that the reason we lost/gained so many viewers is because of the LL relationship, I think the show should be successful because of the main relationship, the Lorelai and Rory relationship, its what made the show possible and successful after all and to stop watching just because LL relationship is bad is dumb IMHO, the reason I watch is because of the Mother/daughter relationship but if we get another season because of the LL relationship, I wont be complaining (unless S8 is Rory-less which has clearly be declined) so really where is the compatition?

- How much do we believe that Lauren wants to do season 8?  Food for thought ... pretend Lauren doesn't want to do season 8, but also doesn't want to upset fans in the process.  If she knows Alexis is definitely against another season, all Lauren has to say is that she won't do season 8 without Alexis and then Lauren comes off looking squeaky clean.  Remember, the entertainment industry is a business. 

Business or no business, I really think this is very unlikely.  The sequence of events seemed to be that Lauren was consistently saying (in January and February of this year) that she wasn't sure what was going to happen with season 8 - giving no answers at all.  Then the rumors began to fly that the CW would be interested in doing GG without Alexis if necessary to which Lauren responded that she would not do it without Alexis.  This is much different than I'll sign if she signs.  It would be a very different Lauren than the one we've come to know these past seven years to put it on Alexis so the fans aren't upset with her.  She has never been shy at holding onto her convictions before when fans were unhappy  -- namely, she defended the choice to have Lorelai sleep with Christopher.  I honestly do not believe that she, as an individual, is trying to come off "squeaky clean".  She has consistently said that Gilmore Girls, while a lot of work, is the best job she's ever had and she's very grateful for it.  I've seen many interviews with Alexis and I've never heard her express the same sentiment.

Taking into account that very late in this season Lauren has been credited as producer, it is most likely she would be interested in staying with the show.  Also, it does help her production company.  I think the truth of the matter is that it is probably as it seems -- Lauren is open to season 8, but will not do it without Alexis because it would not be the same show.

Heidi, I think you ask some very interesting questions, they really do make me think about your points and wonder if they are true. I have to agree with wmushell though on your second point. I think there is a slight possibility that she may be hiding behind Alexis just to stay "squeaky clean" with the fans but I think most of the reason she wont come back is exactly the reasons she has said. She has said, even before this whole "are we getting a season 8" debacle started that she wouldn't do the show without Alexis, she also has said that she is more invested in the family storyline then the love life of Lorelai which is one of the reasons why she wont return without her. Last year, she also mentioned that one of the things she hated most about the Lorelai and Rory rift was the fact that she hated not getting to work with Alexis every day cause she missed her so I don't really doubt her intentions at all. I also don't see why she would choose to hide behind Alexis now, she has always been very open about her opinion of certain happenings with/on the show. She even has said that she supported the Lorelai and Chris relationship because she liked the whole family dinamic even though she knew that the LL relationship was the most loved and the LC relationship is the most hated.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 02:39:09 pm by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
LGLDandRGLH4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

It's over....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #927 on: March 19, 2007, 03:39:51 pm »

I have now officially sent out over 20 snail mail letters and am sending more out each day!!! Keep the faith!!! And also, I love Rob's idea of the banner. I am a huge fan of Everwood and if they can get a Ferris Wheel (Sadly, it did not work *tear* but the show did end well.) we can get a banner, sigh, billboard, etc. Go Mandaters!!!

I will always love Rory and Logan......

I can't believe it's over.

Gilmore Girls
11/5/2000 - 5/22/2007
           R.I.P

You will be missed,
But never forgotten.......
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 19, 2007, 03:42:31 pm »

I agree that Dawn Ostroff would'nt keep VM on just because it has tvguide fanbase.  Gilmore Girls gets better ratings, which makes more money, which is what the CW needs right now.

And as for the Alexis Bledel, she probably doesn't want to do the show anymore because she wants to move on to "bigger and better" things.  Perhaps she didn't realize she would lose her core fan base by not giving us a season 8.  Lauren Graham really doesn't have much need to keep a "sqeaky clean" image.  Anyone remember the movie Bad Santa? lol.  Plus i really don't think Lauren would make Alexis take the fall if she herself didn't want to do the 8th season.  

the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #929 on: March 19, 2007, 04:08:45 pm »

I get what you're saying about Lauren's image. I agree with LoveMeSomeGG...I don't think that Lauren would let that all fall on Alexis. And- Lauren wasn't really that bad in Bad Santa. It was strange to see her like that but, the role wasn't incredibly dirrrrrty or anything. idk. maybe that's just me.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: