The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 11:32:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732329 times)
Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 77

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #900 on: March 18, 2007, 07:57:43 pm »

Aww, so I'm guessing there's no way to get at least one shirt to LG or AB?
Sad=(
Oh well, I went on a bunch of the myspace GG fan groups and posted threads redirecting people to here, hoping to drum up some more effort in the campaign.
Sent 2 letters by snail mail and 3 by e-mail, and sent a paragraph off to Britney for bringing to the set.....and that's all I've got=/
xoxox
Jenny

<333 WATCH THIS--It'll change your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 .ONE LOVE.
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 18, 2007, 07:59:28 pm »

Aww, so I'm guessing there's no way to get at least one shirt to LG or AB?
Sad=(
Oh well, I went on a bunch of the myspace GG fan groups and posted threads redirecting people to here, hoping to drum up some more effort in the campaign.
Sent 2 letters by snail mail and 3 by e-mail, and sent a paragraph off to Britney for bringing to the set.....and that's all I've got=/
xoxox
Jenny

I just wanted to let you know that I started a myspace page specifically for our cause!!! The address is: www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #902 on: March 18, 2007, 08:03:02 pm »

Hahhah yeah I just joined like 2 hours ago and got a pretty "Gilmore Girls loves you comment" =D
xoxox
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 08:12:24 pm by Gilmore_Lover » Logged

emma_is
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 18, 2007, 08:11:29 pm »

save gilmore girls best show ever  Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 18, 2007, 09:26:49 pm »

As for the ideas, Rob, I think if we could figure something out it would be great.
The problem with The Banner Campaign is that we're so international, how many people could be get already in CA or willing to go to CA for that. And if it's not many, it might not be worth it. Though, still, I'm really loving the idea!
As for the Newspaper one, well let's just say, I'm working on a new batch of letters now and I'll be sure to include my newspaper logo, along with an explination. Wink

I wish I still lived in San Diego rather than Central MO(sigh!), I'd certainly go up to the WB studios -- again (I've taken the tour twice).  -- if I could.  OTOH, there *are* more than a few Gg fans in the L.A. area already -- I *think* at least a few of the regulars at the FF, E! and even the TV Guide MBs are from that area, but I don't want to speak for them, it's just a matter of them coming forward or us finding them. 

On the bright side, a banner is, like, waaaaaaay cheaper than a Ferris Wheel, so if Everwoodies can get one of those huge circus contraptions in a short period time, it should be no problem to far more quickly fundraise for a banner that L.A./San Diego-based fans could tote.  Not to, like (sniff!   Cry ) guilt trip anybody or anything.  Grin  Well, anyway, does somebody knows a Browncoat (Firefly/Serenity fan) or one of the Everwood Ferris Wheel organizers?  They could probably help anybody organize stuff in L.A.

BTW, keep on spreading the word about the Newspaper Logo campaign.  Be sure that you clip your Newspaper Logo to your note printed out on Mandate stationary or otherwise with the Mandate logo!

-- Rob

-------------------
Season 8 or Bust!  We don't need Lorelai and Luke to get married (okay, I don't), we just need them to have lots and lots of sex twins! 
1giantGGfan
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 257

Hen+Chicken=4ever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #905 on: March 18, 2007, 09:43:27 pm »

Haha, that's true. Though, maybe we shouldn't take tips from them.
Both shows didn't end up doing to well in the end, Wink
I guess Firefly atleast got a movie. Would that be to corny?

I'm a state over from CA, but my spring break just ended (with only one more break until the summer) and I hardly doubt my parents would let me go. Actually, I know for sure.
But you're right, I read about people on FF touring all the time. I wonder how they feel about a season 8..

As for the showing support localy, I printed out a bluegreen pendent and taped it onto my calculator. I actually think it looks really neat. I've been looking for good stickers and stuff for my calculator and I'm so glad that my first addition in Gilmore Girls related. Smiley
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 10:04:09 pm by 1giantGGfan » Logged

Angela

^Thnx Melissa!
Just say, "Yes M.A.M.M"
Always a PTS @ Hearts 
I Hearts Rachel, my TJS!
Currently Located: In Janich's Dreams! Kiss (1 lucky girl!)
Marlies' biggest photo fan!
Loridhhp
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 125

Love heals all wounds

View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 18, 2007, 10:20:13 pm »

I live in San Diego and I'd love to tour the set before the season ends and help with a banner idea. Anyone else interested? Time's running out. They will be finished filming in the next few weeks. Anyone know when the last day of shooting is on the set? I had a dream last night that I got on set and told my story of how Gilmore Girls helped save the relationship between me and my 16 year old daughter and filled me with hope and laughter to Lauren and Alexis and they were so moved by it that they decided to do one more season to give the fans a good end to this great series. Stories of inspiration have a way of influencing people. Well, it was a great dream anyway. I would still love to tell them in person how much Gilmore Girls has taught me invaluable life lessons and continues to inspire me.

Keep up the great work everyone and let me know if I can help from here in sunny southern California.

Until next time...live passionately, love unconditionally, laugh often and never lose hope.  Smitten Lori

Lori: "Friends come and go but I'm your mother. I'll always be here for you."
Ariel: "What if I'm an Archeologist in Eygpt and I'm having hallucinations and manic?"
Lori: "Then I'll be on the next plane. I won't give up ever"
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #907 on: March 18, 2007, 11:02:19 pm »

Haha, that's true. Though, maybe we shouldn't take tips from them.
Both shows didn't end up doing to well in the end, Wink
I guess Firefly atleast got a movie. Would that be to corny?

Well, the Everwoodies still got a Ferris Wheel up, which is darn near as amazing a feat as the Browncoats helping Joss to get enough interest in getting Serenity made -- and for a bit of a better example:  the Save Farscape campaign got a full-fledged four-hour miniseries made to finish off the series in a much better place than the frustration of the cliffhanger we were originally left with.  Gg, of course, is far more of a success than any of the other three series.  And moreover, it's not really the network chief we need to convince this time.

-- Rob

----------------
Season 8 or Bust?  Season 8 or Lorelai's Bust?  Season 8 *and* Lorelai's Bust -- a much better solution!
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #908 on: March 18, 2007, 11:47:03 pm »

And moreover, it's not really the network chief we need to convince this time.

-- Rob

I usually try and stay fairly politically correct and middle of the road when it comes to touchy Gilmore rumors and gossip.  Mostly because there's (at least) two sides to every story and we often only hear one side.  But with that said ... all the news we've heard thus far is that Alexis is the only person/issue holding up season 8.  Furthermore, we've heard it from multiple sources ... numerous entertainment reporters, The CW's own employees (tour guides), and other 'tipsters'.  Because it's so common knowledge, I thought I'd share a few questions that have entered my mind recently (and probably yours too).  If anyone would like to share their own opinions, please do.

- Who's leaking the 'Alexis is holding up season 8' information?  Is it a leak to try and pressure her to sign ... or is it common knowledge that everyone else is willing to move forward?  Will holding out on season 8 hurt her career in the short-term?  Long-term?  Do we think she already has something else lined up and that's why she's so willing to jump ship?

- How much do we believe that Lauren wants to do season 8?  Food for thought ... pretend Lauren doesn't want to do season 8, but also doesn't want to upset fans in the process.  If she knows Alexis is definitely against another season, all Lauren has to say is that she won't do season 8 without Alexis and then Lauren comes off looking squeaky clean.  Remember, the entertainment industry is a business.  Or, is Lauren genuinely interested in doing another season, but is using the 'I won't move on without Alexis' as a tactic to negotiate?  Again, remember this is a business.

- How does everyone feel about the fact that The CW seems to have pitted Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars fans against each other?  Devious business move or will it end up alienating fans?  Furthermore, how does everyone feel about Kristin from E! and Michael from TV Guide being so behind the save Veronica campaign?  (I had a fleeting thought that Kristin leaked the Veronica Mars cancellation news just to drum up interest in saving the show.  Congrats; it worked.)

Have I got your wheels turning yet?  Or do I just think too much?  Hopefully the above questions didn't come off as negative, that wasn't my intention.  They are simply thoughts that have entered my mind during the countless hours we've all spent trying to save our favorite show.   

As I've always said and will continue to say ... nothing's over until it's over.  I will support the Great8Mandate until the very end and still believe there's hope for season 8.  Viva la Gilmore!

~Heidi
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 12:17:55 am by Heidi » Logged

Flame    Flame
1giantGGfan
Yale Alumnus

Hen+Chicken=4ever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #909 on: March 19, 2007, 12:23:19 am »

Hmm.. right now I think I could live with a 4 hour mini-series, but it best be a darn good 4 hours. Not this "half comercials" stuff we've been living off of lately. Wink Though, really, I'm shooting for the stars.

Quote from: Heidi
Will holding out on season 8 hurt her career in the short-term?  Long-term?
I've actually heard that Alexis doesn't even want to act anymore. That she lost so much of her teenage years working on Gilmore Girls and is looking to take a break. So maybe another question could be, Does Alexis care that it could hurt her career?

I've also heard that they are trying to convince Lauren with more money and opportunities for her production company to come back for a last (Rory-less?) season, with failure. So maybe you're right, maybe she really doesn't want another season.

Angela

^Thnx Melissa!
Just say, "Yes M.A.M.M"
Always a PTS @ Hearts 
I Hearts Rachel, my TJS!
ShutUpRob

View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 19, 2007, 01:37:24 am »

I  usually try and stay fairly politically correct and middle of the road when it comes to touchy Gilmore rumors and gossip.  Mostly because there's (at least) two sides to every story and we often only hear one side.  But with that said ... all the news we've heard thus far is that Alexis is the only person/issue holding up season 8.  Furthermore, we've heard it from multiple sources ... numerous entertainment reporters, The CW's own employees (tour guides), and other 'tipsters'.  Because it's so common knowledge, I thought I'd share a few questions that have entered my mind recently (and probably yours too).  If anyone would like to share their own opinions, please do.

Oohhhhhhhhhhhhhboy, I sure wish you'd asked that earlier in the day.  Now I'm reading this at 2:20am CT, so I'm gonna give my thoughts on these questions in separate posts.  First up -- the last question:

- How does everyone feel about the fact that The CW seems to have pitted Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars fans against each other?  Devious business move or will it end up alienating fans?  Furthermore, how does everyone feel about Kristin from E! and Michael from TV Guide being so behind the save Veronica campaign?  (I had a fleeting thought that Kristin leaked the Veronica Mars cancellation news just to drum up interest in saving the show.  Congrats; it worked.) 

Kristin and Michael could just be doing this to drum up support for VM at Gg's expense but Occam's Razor suggests that they aren't.  VM's ratings are just too flat -- it's the single lowest-rated one-hour show on the CW's schedule -- and have no potential whatsoever to increase no matter what anybody tries to do with it.   It doesn't retain audience from any show it's paired with, not ANTM, not Gg, not anything.   They're basically at the point that Arrested Development and Roswell were  during their third seasons -- inescapably branded a loser show beyond their devoted fanbases (and I'm one of VM's fanbase).  If VM gets renewed, IMO, fan reaction isn't going to have anything to do with it because the fans aren't bringing in new viewers to that show, it's purely going to be Dawn Ostroff's decision to try one more year to cultivate the show.  VM's fate isn't in Gg's hands, it's in Ostroff's.

Also, I think MA and KV are cooperating with the CW to get debate going about Gg.  Likely to show that there's still a lot of story potential in the Gilmore premise (with or without Rory).  Very little of the debate in the TVG thread contains any real analysis of VM -- even those that are voting for VM because they're angry at the direction Gg has taken are going far more into debate and analysis of Gg than they are of VM, revealing where their passion really lies even when they may be voting totally opposite the way they really feel.

Gilmore Girls, with the immensely tougher competition against American Idol, retains high ratings in the target demo that it shares with Idol (#2 in target demos of, well, you gals), continually attracts a lot of viewers outside its target demo (including 37-year-old-Kirk-like-heterosexual-male-with-a-crush-on-Lorelai me), has about 60-70% higher ratings than VM, is the #2 scripted one-hour on the CW, sometimes neck-and-neck with the netlet's ratings leader Smallville, is so popular in daily syndicated reruns on ABC Family that it's never left the channel to "rest" for any length of time since the channel started showing the reruns in 2004, is a perennial best-seller both in new DVD sets and catalog sales -- especially at the critical sales times of Valentine's Day, Mother's Day and Christmas -- and, moreover, has many storylines with great continuing potential.  Even if the choice were one more year of VM or one more year of Gg, one more year of VM makes no economic sense whatsoever.  Not when there's more money to be made from extending Gg's syndication package by one more year (extending syndication packages increases their value) and not when there's more and more money to be made from extending Gg's DVD catalog by one more year.  Gg pays for itself, even with whatever raises the gals will likely get to stay.  Meanwhile, it would take until season 5 for VM to start showing a profit under most rules of thumb regarding TV series and the way that they're deficit financed.  And VM simply has no chance of reaching season 5.  Add to that that any flash-forward in VM's timeline would horribly fracture the show's structural cohesiveness and the network really has no incentive on a creative basis to keep VM and damage whatever potential it has left as a catalog DVD.  One more year of VM makes no creative sense, either. 

So IMO, the Gg vs. VM debate makes no sense to me whatsoever on its face.  Pick one or the other?  Come on, it's a no-brainer.  The one with the future is Gilmore Girls.   The ulterior motive of trying to drum up debate about Gilmore Girls wouldn't be happening if they hadn't scrambled to uncancel VM and use the comparison as a smokescreen.  Either RT is naiive about VM's fate and unaware that it's doomed or he's playing along as primarily a favor to the network, with the Hail Mary Pass of a revamp for VM being, perhaps, a sincere effort on his part, but secondary to its primary function of getting people to talk about Gilmore Girls.  IMO, it's clear who this debating at TVG is supposed to be directed toward at Gg Central -- the rumored holdout(s) -- it's just not clear in what way it's supposed to be directed toward them.

Okay, it's a somewhat devious move on whoever's part, but I'm fine with that.  Any excuse to get people to debate Gilmore Girls is fine with me, even if I don't totally understand why they want me to do it.  I'm the FAQ-Keeper of alt.tv.gilmore-girls on Usenet, after all.  (Warning:  I swear a lot on atgg, because I'm Mr. Loudmouth McCrankypants, BID.)  I argue a lot with people that the show isn't about Lorelai and Luke, it's about Lorelai and Rory -- and thus, the Lorelai and Luke romance, as much as I like it, is just a stock romcom plot (going back to at least as far as Love's Labour's Lost by That Guy Named Bill) that is meant to be a subplot of the larger story of Lorelai's Coming of Age and her not-always-successful struggle to maintain her sense of identity in doing so.  (See, I'm likely already starting a debate about Gg already with my not-necessarily-universally-held interpretation of the show, BID . . .)  Debating the relative merits of the show with the relative merits of VM is just another way to get to discuss Gg, so I enjoy that debate in and of itself.  I don't mind being used as long as I'm getting what I want out of it -- especially not since the larger goal of whoever's using us in that debate seems to be one that I agree with wholeheartedly:  to get Gg renewed.

Finally, I seriously doubt that there's much risk in alienating fans with such a debate, even if we can see through it.  Arrested Development fans, as passionate as they were and are for the show, were realists who were resigned to the show ending with season 3 because they realized that no other network would have allowed it to have lasted for even as long as it did last.  As VM's ratings will likely remain flat at best over its last four episodes, especially since they're going to air against House, VM fans, cynical realists that they are, will start accepting that that show has gone as far as it can go, too.  But IMO, those of the VM fans that are also Gg fans will still wait with baited breath to see how s8 of Gg turns out anyway.

Sorry that turned into another one of my book reports!   Embarrassed  I'll try to make my responses to your other two questions shorter.  D'Oh!   Lips Sealed

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because you can never have enough Dirty.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 01:39:10 am by ShutUpRob » Logged
ObessedwithGG

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #911 on: March 19, 2007, 05:12:41 am »

Does anyone know when they stop shooting for this season?

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 19, 2007, 07:13:04 am »

Mid to late May, I believe.

1giantGGfan
Yale Alumnus

Hen+Chicken=4ever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #913 on: March 19, 2007, 07:38:48 am »

Earlier if the finale is on the 8th. I'd say mid to late-ish April.

Angela

^Thnx Melissa!
Just say, "Yes M.A.M.M"
Always a PTS @ Hearts 
I Hearts Rachel, my TJS!
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 19, 2007, 07:44:28 am »

Mid to late May, I believe.

I think I saw somewhere around this thread recently that they stop shooting about mid-april. So we have a little less than a month to make them have an 8th season and shoot the last episode as a season finale. I'm a little worried that if there is no decision before shooting stops, we won't get a fulfilling conclusion if the last episode is indeed the last of the series. I wonder how the writers will write that episode if there is no news on an 8th season...

I love the enthusiasm and determination of everyone here to get an 8th season!!! All Gilmore fans banded together are mghty powerful  Bam   Pow  lol. Keep up the great work everyone  Smiley  High Five  !!! And thanks to Heidi for keeping everyone updated on this thread and for all the hard work she does  Wink Hearts

Clover And I sent an e-mail on Saturday for our St. Patty's Day campaign  Clover

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: