The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 06:03:09 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1764862 times)
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #855 on: March 17, 2007, 04:59:21 pm »

Hi guys,

I want to share a video of Lorelai and Luke clips that a fan (Julie) put together in support of season 8.  It's very well done and I thank Julie for Great8Mandate efforts!

You can watch or download the video hereStar

~Heidi

Julie that video is just beautiful!!  Very heartfelt and moving - and it said all the right things for my JJ heart.  Well Done!!! Star

Also sending off my emails to all the contacts for the St Patricks Day push, and will send hard copies all the way from Australia with hand drawn clovers on them (the kids are colouring them in as we speak Grin).  Remember everyone, it is OK to send them off more than once, as long as your message is respectful and to the point.  And if you like you can change the message a little (I have) so that it's new, fresh material being sent.

Clover Long live Gilmore Girls!!  Clover

Please read Forum Rules
iluvgilmoregirls!
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #856 on: March 17, 2007, 05:52:45 pm »

I just sent my letters today! and I am going to do the flyer thing tomorrow I can't wait!! Smiley
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #857 on: March 17, 2007, 06:06:08 pm »

I have had as many of my friends as I have been able to get, write letters already! I definetely do have a myspace page... do you have the embedded thing I need to put a flyer on it? Im kinda of illiterate to those sorts of things. I will definetely print out signed flyers and do them though... how do you think they should be formatted? Any ideas... Im sure I could come up with something.... Maybe I can put a good gg quote in between every signature or something of the sort and wrap it in a fortune and put it in this old brown leather wallet that my husband has mail that? does that sound creative enough? or do you think they'd just discard it? I dont know... I want to help!

Hi Ashley,

I don't use MySpace, but if you can be a little more specific as to what kind of 'code' you need, I'm sure I can help you out.

As far as your idea for having friends sign the Great8Mandate flyer and sending it in ... that sounds superb to me!  Definitely creative.  I do believe that each of our letters and mailings makes a difference.  I sent out a batch of letters myself earlier today.  Wink

This is my personal suggestion, but if I were you I would mail your 'fortune cookie' to either Dawn Ostroff or Pamela Morrison.  Those would be my top two picks for an idea like that. Smiley

~Heidi 

Flame    Flame
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #858 on: March 17, 2007, 06:14:08 pm »

I don't use MySpace, but if you can be a little more specific as to what kind of 'code' you need, I'm sure I can help you out.

~Heidi 

Hi Heid!  I believe that myspace uses HTML code.  I hope this helps out!!!   Smiley

Michelle

LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #859 on: March 17, 2007, 06:20:42 pm »

Heidi- I will get started on the fortune flyer/wallet to Dawn as soon as I get home (Im on vacation). Im actually really excited about it! Oh and I think Michelle was right (thanks Michelle)... myspace uses HTML. Maybe I can start a GG Great8Mandate Myspace page? Do you think that would be beneficial??? I think Id love to do it! Let me know!

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

chrissy
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #860 on: March 17, 2007, 06:34:49 pm »

we need season 8!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 06:35:53 pm by chrissy » Logged
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 17, 2007, 06:42:31 pm »

Heidi- I will get started on the fortune flyer/wallet to Dawn as soon as I get home (Im on vacation). Im actually really excited about it! Oh and I think Michelle was right (thanks Michelle)... myspace uses HTML. Maybe I can start a GG Great8Mandate Myspace page? Do you think that would be beneficial??? I think Id love to do it! Let me know!

You should do a MySpace page. I've tried to bring it up in forums, but it didn't work well.

Or you can try a group...

And. I have an idea for a letter. For all the people you know that like Gilmore Girls, but won't actually do anything to help, get quotes from them and put it in a letter. They shoulk probably talk about why they like the show and maybe why they think it should go on.

Just a suggestion.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 07:36:17 pm by CathyCoffee » Logged

love is blind so you didn't see me.
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 17, 2007, 06:45:19 pm »

I'm working on the myspace page right now! I wqill let you all know the site as soon as its done! Smiley

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 17, 2007, 06:50:36 pm »

So I just made a shirt.

I put this on the front...

And this on the back. In the corner of this pic I put, "Give them one more chance!"

I'm really getting into this.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 17, 2007, 08:24:02 pm »

Looks like lots of spirt here!  Yeah!  I just wanted to share I did my part and sent emails to support the GR8 Mandate!  I hope to get paper copies off soon!   

CloverMAY THE LUCK 'O THE IRISH BRING A SEASON 8! Clover

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 17, 2007, 08:25:45 pm »

Ok guys.... I made a myspace page!!!! Though Im still working on it.... heres the link:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=169537423

Lemme know what you think!!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #866 on: March 17, 2007, 08:31:57 pm »

Ok guys.... I made a myspace page!!!! Though Im still working on it.... heres the link:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=169537423

Lemme know what you think!!!

Looks good!  My only suggestion would be to link the images back to this thread or GilmoreGirls.org. Wink

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Amelia77
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #867 on: March 17, 2007, 08:50:35 pm »

The Myspace page is looking really awesome.  The youtube video is cool.  I don't know anything about Myspace but I was wondering if in someway you could possibly put Julie's video on the page. With her permission of course. If you were able to do that then a lot more people would be able to see the video through your page and that could create more interest to people who aren't mandating and encourage them to start. Maybe you could also have a link that would bring people straight to this page.

Keep up the good work.

Lets mandate our hearts out!!!!
aryan2003
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 21

--> Aryan . The . Apprentice <-- in omnia paratus

View Profile
« Reply #868 on: March 17, 2007, 08:53:34 pm »

today is the day! when do we find out?

"It's like once your president, your president for life... Unless you get assassinated"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 --. it
minilorelai14
« Reply #869 on: March 17, 2007, 09:49:22 pm »

k well i think im done collecting letters i have over 40 letters in less then a week!! WOW!! GUYS! great job! u can still send them but this saturday im giving them to vanessa so if ur still interested just send the letters to me at [email protected] and this thread will just tell u wht im doing!! thank u so much for all of ur support!! hopefully this helps!! k here is the link to my thread http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6793.0
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: