The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 05:58:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1764853 times)
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #840 on: March 17, 2007, 12:51:56 pm »

Aww that video was awesome, I sooo loved it Smiley I have been trying to do something like that to advertise/support GG season 8 but I can't find the right music. If I do, I am definately making a video!

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
minilorelai14
« Reply #841 on: March 17, 2007, 01:11:03 pm »

Aww that video is so cute and amazing GREAT JOB JULIE!! i luved it and i support season 8!!

k also this is totally off topic but my friend found this video and sent me the link and got me into tears! its about child abuse and the video is martina and its called concrete angel its a wonderful video!! and everybody should see it cause this is all true...this happens in the world and its AWFUL!! not one parent should ever do this to there child EVER!! and if they do the parent should be put to death cause its wrong!! just PLAN WRONG!!...k here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLwwy-g2wkc now the first i watched it i started crying so hard!
x_ch0c0
Inn Chef

Community Points: 492

xxx Pri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #842 on: March 17, 2007, 01:15:30 pm »

That video was amazing! I loved it especiall since I'm a JJ. =D Awesome job, Julie!

||Never say good-bye, because good-bye means going away, and going away..means forgetting.||

Don't worry, I'm not forgetting. Smiley Bye bye, ORG.
gilmore-fanatic517
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #843 on: March 17, 2007, 01:26:03 pm »

Julie awsome video!
sorry if i am repeating what sombody else said but you should send it to the cw
well it is great and it made me cry (again)
You moved me Julie
lol

keep it Gg
gilmore-fanatic517
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #844 on: March 17, 2007, 01:52:47 pm »

heyy guys
I have a good idea tht i am just puttin out there

Get lots of gg fans together and just have a writing/e-mailing champain go outside ask for sigs from pedesterians, fam, friends, basically anyone who really cares.lol.
 and the best part is you could call in to a local news station to say we got alot of people to support gg... blah blah blah... and maybe they will cover the story
 make sure when you are talking to the news to mention the great8 because they will look at this site and see the support and more than likely they will cover the story. get some publicity it couldnt hurt.

No matter where you live

if it shows up on enough local news stations maybe it would catch national news station's eye (or better the CW or the CAST!) Wink

tell me what you think?

thanks
casey
TheAcademyIs_
Town Resident

My sarcasm'll catch you when you least expect it.

View Profile
« Reply #845 on: March 17, 2007, 01:58:48 pm »

Is it a bad idea to send the same e-mail to all of those contacts? I mean, I want to get my point of view out to as many "high-up" people as I can, but I don't want to be overwhelming.

Luke: Jess, are you a gigolo?
AnnaKatherine
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #846 on: March 17, 2007, 03:11:09 pm »

Aww that video is so cute and amazing GREAT JOB JULIE!! i luved it and i support season 8!!

k also this is totally off topic but my friend found this video and sent me the link and got me into tears! its about child abuse and the video is martina and its called concrete angel its a wonderful video!! and everybody should see it cause this is all true...this happens in the world and its AWFUL!! not one parent should ever do this to there child EVER!! and if they do the parent should be put to death cause its wrong!! just PLAN WRONG!!...k here is the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLwwy-g2wkc now the first i watched it i started crying so hard!

That Martina McBride song and video are absolutely beautiful. I know it well. I am a huuuuge Martina McBride fan, and that is one of my favorite songs ever. I have driven many hundreds of miles to go to her concerts. Well worth it every time.

Oh, and I just sent letters to Alexis, Lauren and Dawn Ostroff (along with the GoGos album for Alexis lol)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 03:12:14 pm by AnnaKatherine » Logged
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #847 on: March 17, 2007, 03:14:51 pm »

Is it a bad idea to send the same e-mail to all of those contacts? I mean, I want to get my point of view out to as many "high-up" people as I can, but I don't want to be overwhelming.

Hi TheAcademyIs,

Great question.  Don't worry about being overwhelming, this is a case of the more the merrier. Wink

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #848 on: March 17, 2007, 03:36:26 pm »

And what about sending more than one e-mail to the same person? If you sent one when we first started talking about this and then sent one again now, so it's been awhile. Again, I don't want to be annoying or overwhelming...but if it's been awhile, would they recognize the name and find it annoying or rude? I wouldn't want either...I just start feeling useless!

Perhaps an e-mail and a hard copy snail mail letter?

I'll go watch that video now! Thanks for your thoughts in advance! Smiley Keep up the GREAT work everyone!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 03:37:30 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #849 on: March 17, 2007, 03:52:27 pm »

And what about sending more than one e-mail to the same person? If you sent one when we first started talking about this and then sent one again now, so it's been awhile. Again, I don't want to be annoying or overwhelming...but if it's been awhile, would they recognize the name and find it annoying or rude? I wouldn't want either...I just start feeling useless!

Perhaps an e-mail and a hard copy snail mail letter?

I'll go watch that video now! Thanks for your thoughts in advance! Smiley Keep up the GREAT work everyone!

It's definitely okay to send your message to the same person more than once .... and it's definitely, definitely okay to e-mail and snail mail a hard copy of your letter.  The main thing to keep in mind is to be respectful (and we've always done that).  We're not spamming anyone ... we're not bashing anyone ... we're simply trying to be heard.

I'm very proud of how everyone has responded to the Great8Mandate.  The entire Gilmore community has been professional and considerate.  Our campaign has been directly or indirectly mentioned on E! Online, Zap2it.com, TVGuide.com, BuddyTV.com, the L.A. Daily News, and a couple other places as well.  We've done extremely well for ourselves.  However, we need to keep chugging along for two more months.  Sure, that sounds far off, but it'll be here before you know it.  We've already been campaigning with the Great8Mandate for over a month!

If you've already mailed a well thought out/heartfelt letter ... why not try sending something new?  Print out a couple copies of the Great8Mandate Flyer and hand-write on your favorite Gilmore quote along with a message to renew the show.  Put it in an envelope and address it to any of our addresses.  Gets the point across and you're done in about three minutes! Star

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #850 on: March 17, 2007, 04:00:38 pm »

Thanks for the confirmation and advice, Heidi! I will print the flyer out for sure, and get it in the mail this week!! I feel so much more productive again now! Smiley YAY!! I'll also send another e-mail to those I sent hard copies to already! We'll see a season 8 yet!! Hang in there everyone!! Keep the hope alive!

Go Great8Mandate!!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #851 on: March 17, 2007, 04:08:31 pm »

I just want to say that Ive written letters to everyone but I still feel like I should be doing more. If anybody needs any help on any of the projects that they are currently working on, or beginning.. please do not hesitate to contact me! I am at your service....

-ashley
[email protected]

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #852 on: March 17, 2007, 04:10:06 pm »

Thanks for the confirmation and advice, Heidi! I will print the flyer out for sure, and get it in the mail this week!! I feel so much more productive again now! Smiley YAY!! I'll also send another e-mail to those I sent hard copies to already! We'll see a season 8 yet!! Hang in there everyone!! Keep the hope alive!

Go Great8Mandate!!

Hi Sooks,

A good idea is to print out a flyer and then have a bunch of friends, family members, and co-workers sign it.  If you think about it, lots of people watch the show ... but, well, not everyone can be quite dedicated as we are.  BUT, those fans would still be upset if Gilmore was gone forever.  In this case, you'd be getting more bang for your buck. Smiley

I just want to say that Ive written letters to everyone but I still feel like I should be doing more. If anybody needs any help on any of the projects that they are currently working on, or beginning.. please do not hesitate to contact me! I am at your service....

Hi Ashley,

How nice it is to have someone so proactive!  A few ideas ... tell all your online friends to participate.  Send them our Great8Mandate links and have them join our cause.  Do you have a MySpace page?  Promote the Great8Mandate over there.  Promote it anywhere you can find room. Wink  Additionally, I really like the idea of printing flyers, having friends sign them, and then mailing them out.  Does that appeal to you?

~Heidi
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 04:13:26 pm by Heidi » Logged

Flame    Flame
TheAcademyIs_
Town Resident

My sarcasm'll catch you when you least expect it.

View Profile
« Reply #853 on: March 17, 2007, 04:38:19 pm »

Hi TheAcademyIs,

Great question.  Don't worry about being overwhelming, this is a case of the more the merrier. Wink

~Heidi

Alright, thanks. I'll start an e-mail as soon as I can! Smiley

Luke: Jess, are you a gigolo?
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #854 on: March 17, 2007, 04:47:50 pm »

Go Great8Mandate!!

Hi Ashley,

How nice it is to have someone so proactive!  A few ideas ... tell all your online friends to participate.  Send them our Great8Mandate links and have them join our cause.  Do you have a MySpace page?  Promote the Great8Mandate over there.  Promote it anywhere you can find room. Wink  Additionally, I really like the idea of printing flyers, having friends sign them, and then mailing them out.  Does that appeal to you?

~Heidi

I have had as many of my friends as I have been able to get, write letters already! I definetely do have a myspace page... do you have the embedded thing I need to put a flyer on it? Im kinda of illiterate to those sorts of things. I will definetely print out signed flyers and do them though... how do you think they should be formatted? Any ideas... Im sure I could come up with something.... Maybe I can put a good gg quote in between every signature or something of the sort and wrap it in a fortune and put it in this old brown leather wallet that my husband has mail that? does that sound creative enough? or do you think they'd just discard it? I dont know... I want to help!

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: