The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2017, 06:50:20 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1729284 times)
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: March 16, 2007, 08:55:57 pm »

NEVER let the hope die! We can't give up now!! It's not a lost cause until we hear they aren't having a season 8...and even then, we can keep letting them know how much we dislike he news/ decision! I know it seems hard to keep positive about this but like anything that people are fighting for, it's not easy and there will be down times! But, let's not get to thinking about that just yet! We can do this! Keep the hope alive and keep on writing!  Star

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
minilorelai14
« Reply #811 on: March 16, 2007, 09:01:03 pm »

wow guys so far i have 20 letters!! great job!! and we have some great letters too!! the cast will luv them and also who ever wrote the one to vanessa...i gave it to her and she said thanks so much! so thats one letter and the rest will be sent out march 27 and the last day u can email is march 26 now my email is [email protected] if anybody doesnt know but keep writting and thanks so much!!
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #812 on: March 16, 2007, 09:10:56 pm »

So not only is today Lauren Graham's Birthday and a day away from St. Patricks Day BUT today where I live, it's snowing. Now ordinarily snow is not that big a surprise considering I live in New England HOWEVER, this year it has barely snowed at all except for the day when I mailed in my letter to Alexis and the day before Valentines Day. On Valentines Day my grandmother had massive surgery to remove cancer. My entire family thought for sure she wouldn't make it so two weeks before I asked for a sign that she would be okay and when it snowed the day before the surgery I knew everything was going to be okay and it was. She's doing much better than what the doctor expected and now it's snowing on Lauren's Graham birthday. I say it's a really good sign that we're going to get an eight season. Keep sending those letters and just believe in the magic of snow!  Wink

OMG that is the coolest thing on earth especially since one of the things GG is known for is the magic snow!
Did it seriously snow the day you sent the letter to Alexis? Shocked Ok now that has to be a sign especially after 7x11 when she sent the letter to Luke and it started snowing!!! More hope!! Thank God! Yesterday I was so depressed and all my hope was basically gone and then today came and I read a nice article and you told us this story. Like Heidi said, there will be ups and downs this whole ride!

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
squeegiebeckenham
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: March 16, 2007, 09:41:43 pm »

wow guys so far i have 20 letters!! great job!! and we have some great letters too!! the cast will luv them and also who ever wrote the one to vanessa...i gave it to her and she said thanks so much! so thats one letter and the rest will be sent out march 27 and the last day u can email is march 26 now my email is [email protected] if anybody doesnt know but keep writting and thanks so much!!

this sounds cool... im a bit out of the loop. care to explain??? who are you sending the letters to???

"In fact if you put Oy and Poodle together you'd have a great new catchphrase, you know like 'Oy with the poodles already!'

Australian Addict and Proud of it!!!
minilorelai14
« Reply #814 on: March 16, 2007, 09:49:49 pm »

just go to this thread and it will explain it all! http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6793.new;boardseen#new
L*F
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 93

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: March 16, 2007, 09:50:33 pm »

i think its great what youre doing!thanks for that. i started today writing my letters, to Alexis and to Lauren, so tomorow i'll send them to you. Wink

LORELAI: You know, I love watching you cook. It's hot.
LUKE: That's because you're standing right next to the broiler.
LORELAI: Oh, is that what we're calling it now?
minilorelai14
« Reply #816 on: March 16, 2007, 09:53:20 pm »

great! Grin thanks so much!
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #817 on: March 16, 2007, 10:08:58 pm »

Hi Great8ers,

For some people the idea of participating in a fan campaign like the Great8Mandate can be a little intimidating.  That's understandable if you've never done anything like this before.  This post is a quick 'cheat sheet' for anyone who is interested in helping to support Gilmore Girls season eight.

1.  Write a letter of support for Gilmore Girls.  It's that simple.  It can be short or it can be long.  All you need to do is express why the show is important to you and that you have a desire to see it continue on to season eight.

2.  Decide whether you'd like to e-mail your 'snail mail' your letter.  (Send it to one person or send it to many.  Every little bit helps.)

2a. If you'd like to e-mail your letter, use these addresses:

Dawn Ostroff
President of Entertainment, The CW Television Network
[email protected]

The CW Television Network
[email protected]

Alexis Bledel's Managers
Michael Flutie: [email protected]
Paul M. Brown:  [email protected]

2b.  If you'd like to snail mail your letter, use these addresses:

Ms. Dawn Ostroff
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

Peter Roth
President, Warner Brothers Television
300 Television Plaza
Burbank, CA 91505

Cast Member's Name
c/o Gilmore Girls
3701 Oak St.
Building 34R
Burbank, CA 91505

3.  All of the above contacts are important.  If you can't decide who to write to, my personal suggestion would be Dawn Ostroff.

4.  Don't be intimidated!  If you have any questions at all, your fellow GilmoreGirls.org Forum members are here to help.

5.  Keep the faith.  Viva la Gilmore!   Hearts

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
squeegiebeckenham
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: March 16, 2007, 10:11:59 pm »

just go to this thread and it will explain it all! http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6793.new;boardseen#new

thanks i get what the campaign is (i've already started writing!!) i was just wondering who the letters we were emailing to YOU personally were addressed to. xxx

"In fact if you put Oy and Poodle together you'd have a great new catchphrase, you know like 'Oy with the poodles already!'

minilorelai14
« Reply #819 on: March 16, 2007, 10:13:32 pm »

hi im just going to tell u that the cast one doesnt work..me and vanessa did it i sent one to vanessa and vanessa sent one to lauren and lauren nor vanessa got them so i wouldnt send them there!

thanks i get what the campaign is (i've already started writing!!) i was just wondering who the letters we were emailing to YOU personally were addressed to. xxx

ur sending them to me my email is [email protected] and then me or vanessa r going to give it to the gilmore girl cast so just send it to my email
squeegiebeckenham
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: March 16, 2007, 10:46:56 pm »

alritey shpanx man. u'll hear from me soon!!! xxx

Amelia77
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: March 17, 2007, 01:51:34 am »

I have only just joined this website but I hsvr read it for ages.  I have been busy writing a letter to Dawn Ostroff.  I have decided to post it so that I know other people's opinions before I send it.
Dear Ms Ostroff

Pictures of Lorelai and Rory with Lorelai wearing her everyone loves an irish girl t-shirt and looking shocked.  The photos wouldn't show on here.   

EVERYONE LOVES AN IRISH GIRL but why does Rory look so disappointed and why does Lorelai look so shocked.  It's supposed to be Saint Patrick's Day

They are disappointed and shocked because their favourite television programme is being abandoned.

GILMORE GIRLS

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE don't let thousands of fans down by ending an amazing show at season seven.  We need to find out what happens to Rory after she graduates from Yale, we need to know more about Lane and Zac caring for their baby twins, we need to know how the relationship between Logan and Rory will progress, but most of all we need to know about Lorelai and Luke.  Will Luke forgive Lorelai, will they make up and get back together, will they get married, will they have children?

There is so much more that we need to know before the season finishes and we need to know what happens in good time, with nothing rushed. 

I belong to a website known as gilmoregirls.org.  Everyone who belongs to this website is trying to make season eight happen and get our Great8Mandate.  We are all trying our best to convince people like you that we need just one more season to make sure that our favourite programme goes out with a bang.

When I sit down every week to watch my favourite programme I feel so happy because I can block everything bad that is happening in my life out and withdraw from my world and enter the world of the Gilmore Girls.  I cant wait to find out what is happening in their world and up until now I have been taking that weekly pleasure for granted.  But now that I have received the news that there won't be an eighth season it has made me extremely sad.  Without my weekly addiction I don't know what I will do.

Everyone at gilmoregirls.org is fighting for the cause now we need you to fight as well.

We know that you need Alexis and Lauren to sign on for another year before you can produce another season, but you are one of the people that can try and convince them to do one more year.  You have a lot more power than a lot of people and Gilmore Girls fans need you to help. 

So please, think about it.  I know you will make a lot of fans very happy if we could get just one more season of our favourite programme.

Yours sincerely

Amelia
Age 13
New Zealand

Please let me know your opinion of my letter
Thanks
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 09:14:30 pm by Amelia77 » Logged
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #822 on: March 17, 2007, 03:29:45 am »

Hi all Great8Supporters,

As many of you know, we're using today (St. Patrick's Day) to help get the Great8Mandate word out. 

Drew (aka Copperboom!) has designed a printable pendant that you can wear throughout the day to express your love for Gilmore Girls and spread our message at the same time!

For more information on how to make your own pendant, visit here.

Additionally, please don't forget to mail your letters of support today!  We're hoping that the luck o' the Irish will rub off on us and season 8 will be in our near future.  When mailing your letters, attach St. Patrick's Day stickers or draw four leaf clovers.

For some people the idea of participating in a fan campaign can be a little intimidating.  That's understandable if you've never done anything like this before.  This post is a quick 'cheat sheet' for anyone who is interested in helping to support Gilmore Girls season eight.

1.  Write a letter of support for Gilmore Girls.  It's that simple.  It can be short or it can be long.  All you need to do is express why the show is important to you and that you have a desire to see it continue on to season eight.

2.  Decide whether you'd like to e-mail your 'snail mail' your letter.  (Send it to one person or send it to many.  Every little bit helps.)

2a. If you'd like to e-mail your letter, use these addresses:

Dawn Ostroff
[email protected]

[email protected]

Alexis Bledel's Managers
Michael Flutie: [email protected]
Paul M. Brown:  [email protected]

2b.  If you'd like to snail mail your letter, use these addresses:

Ms. Dawn Ostroff
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

Peter Roth
President, Warner Brothers Television
300 Television Plaza
Burbank, CA 91505

Cast Member's Name
c/o Gilmore Girls
Warner Bros. Television
4000 Warner Boulevard
Burbank, CA 91522

3.  All of the above contacts are important.  If you can't decide who to write to, my personal suggestion would be Dawn Ostroff.

4.  Don't be intimidated!  If you have any questions at all, your fellow GilmoreGirls.org Forum members are here to help.

5.  Keep the faith.  Viva la Gilmore!   Star

~Heidi
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 04:24:53 am by Heidi » Logged

Flame    Flame
iluvgilmoregirls!
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: March 17, 2007, 06:51:11 am »

Ok I have offcially e-mailed everyone on the e-mail list all I have to is send my letters. Season 8 here we come!
lorelai614
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: March 17, 2007, 06:57:46 am »

Ok I have offcially e-mailed everyone on the e-mail list all I have to is send my letters. Season 8 here we come!

me too! i even sent 2 e mails to them, because maybe then there is a better chance that they might read one of them  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: