The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 07:06:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765363 times)
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #795 on: March 16, 2007, 05:10:45 pm »

OMG GG IS WINNING SO FAR!! GG:60% VM:39% Cheesy

Hi guys,

My intention isn't to sound harsh (because I LOVE the support), but that poll doesn't mean very much.  One user can vote over and over and over.  Please do go vote (I did), but don't put too much stock in it.   

Honestly, the best thing we can do right now is simply continue to write letters to The CW and all the contacts that are on the first post of this thread.  At this point, we probably won't hear a definitive season 8 answer until mid-May.  We need to be in this for the long haul.  The good news is that we've already been at it for over a month.  We just need to keep on, keeping on.  Fighting the good fight.

Between now and May we're going to hear good news and we're going to hear bad news.  There will be highs and lows.  But we just need to continue doing the best we can. Wink

Again, thank you to everyone.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #796 on: March 16, 2007, 05:21:46 pm »

Heidi you are so good at the comfort, you should become a therapist or something Grin

Heidi is right, I know someone that voted 127 times and within a half hour, the poll went from 82% to 47% so really it doesnt matter. I would focus my attention on the written poll because apparently Ms Ostroff is going to be reading that. Also if you read the new article Heidi posted by David Kronk, you will read at the top that

"Nothing Iíve written about, here or in print, has elicited such passionate response. I wrote the entry linked above three weeks ago, and Iím still getting Email about it."

I can't stop smiling over this quote Grin and this isn't the first place I've heard something like this so keep up the wonderful work guys!! No matter what happens on the polls at tvguide.com, it doesn't mean everything so dont give up hope!!!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 05:25:42 pm by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: March 16, 2007, 05:23:27 pm »

Very true heidi!

We can't give up...never...not until we hear the news for sure, announced b ythe CW that GG is staying!

Britney- I just finished my letter to Lauren and will send it to u now...if i need to add anything, just tell me k?

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: March 16, 2007, 06:05:27 pm »

Keep posting on tv guide.  And the poll doesn't really mean anything.  Because ppl vote a zillion times for one because they are like 5 years old, so it's not realistic.  The same thing with the poll for the greys anatomy spin off, ppl voted a million times, no.

The written word is the way to go.

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 77

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: March 16, 2007, 06:30:04 pm »

2 things:

Hey Brittany--I totally forgot, would you mind adding birthday wishes to the bottom of my paragraph? Like BTW Happy 40th Lauren! You so don't look it!
Thank you=)

Secondly, a question:

Does anyone think that the sudden New York Times call for Rory, possible relocating her to somewhere far away is all a set up?
I mean, because if she is far away at some newspaper somewhere, it would be a lot easier to continue the show without her.
Is this all a set up to continue the show on the chance that Alexis decides NOT to continue?
Just a thought.

Keep up the good work everybody we can't give up hope!
Have fun at the set Brittany!

xoxox
Jenny

<333 WATCH THIS--It'll change your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 .ONE LOVE.
ObessedwithGG

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #800 on: March 16, 2007, 06:37:33 pm »

Does anyone think that the sudden New York Times call for Rory, possible relocating her to somewhere far away is all a set up?
I mean, because if she is far away at some newspaper somewhere, it would be a lot easier to continue the show without her.
Is this all a set up to continue the show on the chance that Alexis decides NOT to continue?
Just a thought.

Hopefully that could be the case, but I've heard that Lauren won't come back if Alexis doesn't.† Which means, either they are both in or they are both out.† Maybe Lauren will change her mind?† Anything to keep this show going is alright with me!

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
squeegiebeckenham
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: March 16, 2007, 06:40:36 pm »

hey hey hey!

ok so this isn't where you introduce urself but i don't have much time so quickly... hey i'm rach from Sydney Australia. i'm a GG addict (no duh) always have been always will be.

anyhoo now that that's done just wanted to say this is an AWESOME idea!!! and i'm definately gonna help in any way i can.

I'm writing a letter as we speak...

what else can i do?Huh

and yea Lauren has said in various interviews that her and alexis had talked about it and kinda if one didn't want to continue then they'd respect that and finish. i LOVE GG and i love lor more than rory but honestly could it really go on with only one of them??? ARGh it makes me so sad just thinking of it!!!

xxx

"In fact if you put Oy and Poodle together you'd have a great new catchphrase, you know like 'Oy with the poodles already!'

Australian Addict and Proud of it!!!
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: March 16, 2007, 06:47:44 pm »

Yeah i wouldn't pay too much attention to the tvguide poll. †I doubt that will have any effect on the decision for a season 8. †Our letters are much more important than that!! †
iluvgilmoregirls!

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: March 16, 2007, 07:10:20 pm »

Yup I agree! So keep sending letters!! Smiley
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: March 16, 2007, 07:26:38 pm »

So not only is today Lauren Graham's Birthday and a day away from St. Patricks Day BUT today where I live, it's snowing. Now ordinarily snow is not that big a surprise considering I live in New England HOWEVER, this year it has barely snowed at all except for the day when I mailed in my letter to Alexis and the day before Valentines Day. On Valentines Day my grandmother had massive surgery to remove cancer. My entire family thought for sure she wouldn't make it so two weeks before I asked for a sign that she would be okay and when it snowed the day before the surgery I knew everything was going to be okay and it was. She's doing much better than what the doctor expected and now it's snowing on Lauren's Graham birthday. I say it's a really good sign that we're going to get an eight season. Keep sending those letters and just believe in the magic of snow!  Wink

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: March 16, 2007, 07:29:35 pm »

minilorelai I sent an email to that email made out to Lauren Graham

that would be wonderful if you could hand deliver it

have fun!
print the second one called #2 the first one a few spelling mistakes
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 07:35:38 pm by gilmoregirlforever » Logged

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

I'm Trish! LUKE*<3*LORELAI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #806 on: March 16, 2007, 07:47:36 pm »

So not only is today Lauren Graham's Birthday and a day away from St. Patricks Day BUT today where I live, it's snowing. Now ordinarily snow is not that big a surprise considering I live in New England HOWEVER, this year it has barely snowed at all except for the day when I mailed in my letter to Alexis and the day before Valentines Day. On Valentines Day my grandmother had massive surgery to remove cancer. My entire family thought for sure she wouldn't make it so two weeks before I asked for a sign that she would be okay and when it snowed the day before the surgery I knew everything was going to be okay and it was. She's doing much better than what the doctor expected and now it's snowing on Lauren's Graham birthday. I say it's a really good sign that we're going to get an eight season. Keep sending those letters and just believe in the magic of snow!† Wink

Haha, that's so cool! I just watched love/war/snow today too!

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
Loridhhp
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 125

Love heals all wounds

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: March 16, 2007, 07:48:39 pm »

Ok I replied to David Kronks blog and I commented on Ausiello at tv guide. I stated why Gilmore Girls is such an inspiration to me and deserves one more season to end it properly without the rush. I hope it helps. We need more time to say goodbye to our beloved friends from Stars Hollow. Keep up the writing everyone. We can't give up.

Have a great day! †Clover Smitten Lori

Lori: "Friends come and go but I'm your mother. I'll always be here for you."
Ariel: "What if I'm an Archeologist in Eygpt and I'm having hallucinations and manic?"
Lori: "Then I'll be on the next plane. I won't give up ever"
mandy03201986
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: March 16, 2007, 07:59:44 pm »

I love gilmore girls...I own all 6 seasons and I will be buying season 7...I full support season 8....It is a great show that I look forward to each week.
Amanda Terry Roll Eyes
ObessedwithGG

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #809 on: March 16, 2007, 08:50:13 pm »

Is it just me or is it getting harder and harder to keep the hope alive.  I really really want a season 8...completely!  But I'm also concerned about getting too attached to another season just to hang it ripped out from under us...this is tough.  Please CW keep Gilmore Girls alive another year!  I need season 8!!

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: