The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 03:02:00 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733692 times)
AnnaKatherine
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: March 16, 2007, 10:49:52 am »

I finished a letter to Alexis Bledel yesterday that I'll send tomorrow on St. Patricks Day. I'm sending it with a copy of the GoGos original album just for kicks. I know it's an old reference, but the idea came to me when I saw the album in a used bookstore. I think I'll write a letter to Lauren and Dawn Ostroff too. I can't decide if I should send Lauren's letter out on her birthday today or tomorrow on St. Patricks Day. I'm thinking tomorrow...mostly because I don't think I can get it done in time to mail it today.
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: March 16, 2007, 11:21:11 am »

Thank you so much for posting that article Heidi, I absolutely love David Kronk, he is amazing for doing this. I am going to comment right now and then pass the link around to different sites and hopefully convince them to comment.

I am also in the process of writing my paragraph to Lauren and Alexis.

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
iluvgilmoregirls!
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #767 on: March 16, 2007, 11:41:38 am »

Thanks Heidi I just posted a comment Smiley AnnaKatherine that is such a cute idea about the GoGo cd! I just finished my letters and I am going to send them tomorrow!
GGmom
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: March 16, 2007, 11:46:12 am »

I am posting this here because our Gilmore Girls need your support. I really do not want to see them go down to VMars.
Thanks!

Please try to spread this around this site and any other gg supported site out there.

On TVGuide there is a vote going on GIRLS VS. MARS

It is not hard to register, and there are already too many MARS votes.

Go to TVGuide.com, click on news & views and then Micheal Ausiello. The subject matter is CW Pitting Mars vs. Girls? Plus: Kudrow on Grey's 2.0?
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: March 16, 2007, 11:59:52 am »

Get you butts on over to --->  http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=800010961

and fight for our girls!

Vote Gilmore Girls!!!

It's a fight between keeping Gilmore Girls or Veronica Mars!

Gilmore Girls needs to stay.

And apparently Veronica Mars staying is up to whether or not Lauren and Alexis renew their contracts.

So click on the link and get typing!  Dawn Ostroff will be reading what is posted here -->

http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=800010961
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 12:02:39 pm by gilmoregirlforever » Logged

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #770 on: March 16, 2007, 12:02:26 pm »

Hey Great8ers,

Here's the latest from TV Guide's Michael Ausiello:

---
And while we're clearing up false rumors, let me set the record straight about all this Veronica Mars fourth-season flash-forward business. Contrary to reports, Rob Thomas' retooled Mars would not take place at an FBI Academy, with Veronica serving as a trainee. Our favorite snarky sleuth would be an actual agent. Personally, I love the idea — even though it would probably trigger a major cast purge.

There's also a rumor floating around that Mars' fate rests in the hands of Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel. Maybe, maybe not. While one insider says, "Clearly, Gilmore Girls not coming back would help Veronica Mars a lot," still another insists, "One has absolutely nothing to do with the other."

Either way, let's hope this whole mess gets resolved sooner rather than later. My faint heart can only take so much.

Of course, if we had to pick Girls or Mars, which one would we save and why? Cast your vote below! (I have it on good authority that this column is required reading for Dawn Ostroff.)
---

Again, I urge everyone to head on over to the following link and post their season 8 support messages!  (You do have to sign up for a TV Guide account first, but Ausiello's blog is read by many and we really need to continue the good fight.)

Thanks!

~Heidi

P.S. - As a small reminder, let's not make this an 'us vs. them' thing between Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars fans.  Let's keep things friendly.  Simply support Gilmore Girls and season 8.  No need to bash anyone else in the process.  Clover
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 12:03:40 pm by Heidi » Logged

Flame    Flame
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: March 16, 2007, 12:06:45 pm »

P.S. - As a small reminder, let's not make this an 'us vs. them' thing between Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars fans.  Let's keep things friendly.  Simply support Gilmore Girls and season 8.  No need to bash anyone else in the process.  Clover

But also remember, state why Gilmore Girls needs to stay over Veronica Mars.  You don't have to be mean, but prove your points.  Prove why Gilmore Girls has to stay for a Season 8 and Veronica Mars, while being a good show, doesn't compare to the fans and quality that is Gilmore.

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 310

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: March 16, 2007, 12:13:11 pm »

haha, I couldn't read it without signing up to leave a comment. lol 
haha but I didn't really prove a point, oops.

I just read over on the spoilers only thread (its a little old) but someone went on a tour and they said GG was definate for next year???  That would be awesome, but its not true, right?

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #773 on: March 16, 2007, 12:15:00 pm »

I just read over on the spoilers only thread (its a little old) but someone went on a tour and they said GG was definate for next year???  That would be awesome, but its not true, right?

Right, as far as we know ... just a rumor.  I e-mailed a different tour guide, who is also a friend, and asked what he knew ... according to him nothing has been decided yet.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
minilorelai14
« Reply #774 on: March 16, 2007, 12:31:16 pm »

hey guys keep writting those letters and send them to me! at [email protected] and everybody u can also send b-day wishes to lauren graham if u want and im telling u this little secret well lol vanessa has a screen name on here and me and vanessa r going to the gilmore girl set 2morrow and were going to try to get lauren and alexis on here!! mite not work but worth a shot! Grin

keep writting those letters there going to be given to vanessa march 27 and the last day to send letters to me is march 26! so keep writting!!
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: March 16, 2007, 12:36:07 pm »

Keep voting guys, this is very important.  It is TV Guide.

laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: March 16, 2007, 12:42:46 pm »

Yeah I didn't really prove a point either.  But our votes are there at least.  So long as we weren't rude, I didn't even refer to VM, just said GG all the way.
mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 310

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: March 16, 2007, 01:04:18 pm »

haha true...wow, we really needs lots of people to go there, I just looked and it seems that VM is kicking out butt!!!! Sad

There was one rude VM person, but we really need to get Gilmore girls up there!

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

I'm Trish! LUKE*<3*LORELAI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #778 on: March 16, 2007, 02:13:53 pm »

ooh, this stinks!  GG and VM are my 2 fav shows!  But, unfortinatly, one has to be better than the other.  To take on from Rory, heres a pro/con list
Gilmore Girls staying instead Veronica Mars
PRO
}It is funny
}It gives us relationship advice
}It teaches us pop culture refrences.  (I mean,  every time they say one I don't understand, I go look it up!)
}It is a wonderful mother daughter relationship
}I wish I could live in Stars Hollow
}There are SO many people who need to get married (Kirk/Lulu, Lor/Luke, Logan/Rory, are paris and doyle still together?...)
}We want to see what happens after Rory graduates
}We want (i hope) Lorelai and Luke back together, and 5 episodes isn't enough time for there relationship to re-blossem.
CON
}We've had 7 seasons already, VM has only had 2
}Kristen Bell is pretty cool.... (not as cool as Lauren or Alexis though!)
}Logan and Veronica need to get back together! 
}We want Sheriff Mars for longer than a few episodes!
}What's gonna happen to the Criminology class?
}We want Veronica to graduate too!

There you have it.  Happy birthday Lauren!

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
gilmore-fanatic517
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #779 on: March 16, 2007, 02:27:44 pm »

It is worth a try to make a petetion (by hand) or even send a e-mail to people you senknow to d letters. Heyy it couldnt hurt. Even though it might be alot of work but in previous experiences it is very effective!

Something my friend and I are doing is having a gilmore party/marathon night to write letters and e-mails, while watching gg . Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: