The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 12:49:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1730748 times)
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #750 on: March 15, 2007, 03:53:19 pm »

Pls tell me - are you writing the same letters/emails again and again? Are you writing different letters to the same people? HELP!
I want this what I'm doing to make sense, I want to tell people how much this show means to me and how much I would like it to stay, BUT I do not want them to feel irritated and then getting the exact wrong reaction.... What's the right thing to do? Heidi? You all?

No, we won't give up. Not until May 17th, right?  Grin

Personally, I wrote separate letters to everyone.  I read the examples that people posted here, but I wrote my own thing.  I kept them pretty short (a couple of paragraphs) and honestly said how I feel.  None were form letters.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 15, 2007, 03:53:53 pm »

Keep writing those letters people!
We can't give up!
We won't give up!
Giving up is not in our vocabulary.

Until the CW official states anything, the speculation by any reporters or writers should be almost non-existent.  It only exists for the fact that we need to keep trying.  Keep trying harder and stronger than before.

I have hope! Hope is keeping me from crying right now.  It ain't over til it's over.

We are all Gilmore Girls.  Gilmore Girls do not give up!

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
conradv
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 15, 2007, 03:54:47 pm »

...We are all Gilmore Girls...

*cough*

*cough*

Wink

Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 15, 2007, 03:59:39 pm »

Well, Conrad, being a diner waitress, you may also count as Gilmore Girl....  Wink Wink Wink Wink

conradv
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 15, 2007, 04:01:02 pm »

Well, Conrad, being a diner waitress, you may also count as Gilmore Girl....  Wink Wink Wink Wink

I've petitioned for the removal of my skirt, but no dice.

(dirty?)

dababydoll
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #755 on: March 15, 2007, 04:12:54 pm »

SEASON 8... CANT LIVE W/OUT IT!!!
SEEN EVERY EPPIE MORE THEN ONCE, I HAVE AND LOVED THEM mORE EVERY TIME!!!

KEEP GOINg gg... KEEP GOINg

DaBabyDoll
ObessedwithGG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #756 on: March 15, 2007, 04:53:14 pm »

It's pertinant that we keep the letters and emails going!  How horrible would it be if the show actually ends this season?! 

Keeping the fingers crossed!

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

I'm Trish! LUKE*<3*LORELAI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #757 on: March 15, 2007, 04:58:53 pm »

I've petitioned for the removal of my skirt, but no dice.

(dirty?)
Yes, very.   Grin

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
minilorelai14
« Reply #758 on: March 15, 2007, 05:17:05 pm »

Hey minilorelai14, you may want to give the book of e-mails from us to Vanessa BEFORE May 4th. We want our voices to be heard so we will need to get the book of e-mails to Vanessa soon before the season wraps their filming sometime in April so the cast can read them and while negotiations are still going on for one more season. So if you are e-mailing the cast send it to minilorelai14 at [email protected] as soon as you can so she can give our e-mails to Vanessa Marano (Who plays Luke's daughter, April) and Vanessa can get it to the cast to read. This may help them to make a decision but we need to do it real soon.

Everyone keep up the great job with the letters and e-mails! it's not over til it's over and we still have a chance. Have a great day!  Clover Smitten Lori  Grin

thanks so much for posting that it helps me out and i havent found a date to give it to her yet but so far i have 8 and thats not enough!! come on guys keep writting!! and guys if u want to help me out just post my idea around the hole board and just tell everybody to keep writting and tell them to send the letters to [email protected] PLZZ!! we need to get so many more!! maybe i can give it to her early april or something but just help me out guys!! tell everybody to write and tell them to send em to my email also i got 4 more today! thats great keep up the good work and write write write!!!!!!
Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 77

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 15, 2007, 09:45:42 pm »

Yay!
I sent an e-mail.
And it was pretty darn good if you ask me!
<3

<333 WATCH THIS--It'll change your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 .ONE LOVE.
minilorelai14
« Reply #760 on: March 15, 2007, 10:04:31 pm »

thank u jenny!!

luv yaz!! now im going to bed nite nite but keep sending those letters!!
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #761 on: March 16, 2007, 01:42:47 am »

Hello all,

I would like to give a warm welcome to anyone who is visiting the Great8Mandate thread for the first time.  If you have any questions at all, please ask!

As a reminder to everyone, we're trying to get the Great8Mandate word out on Saturday, March 17th, aka St. Patrick's DayClover

In short, we're organzing Great8Mandate letters of support to be both physically mailed and e-mailed on St. Patrick's Day.  If you're interested in participating, simply visit the first post of this thread.  There, you can find contact names and address information.  Letters can be as short or long as you'd like.  The main thing is to express your desire for season 8 and how much you enjoy the show.  If you're an on the go/busy type person, please make use of our pre-made Great8Mandate stationary and simply mail your letter on the 17thInclude a St. Patrick's Day sticker if you have one ... or drawn a clover on your envelope ... a little luck of the Irish might do us good.

Remember, we're looking for letters to be mailed (aka postmarked) on the 17th.  They don't need to arrive by that date, just be sent then. Wink

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Baby_Bird
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

I Suport Great8Mandate

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 16, 2007, 08:26:33 am »

I can't live without my show Gilmoregirls I love it too much.

Patricia  Cady
minilorelai14
« Reply #763 on: March 16, 2007, 09:21:41 am »

hey everybody i found a date to give the letters to vanessa it is march 26 thats the last day to email me letters and there off to the gilmore cast march 27!! k so keep writting and i gtg byez!

Happy B-day LAUREN GRAHAM!! ur the best!! Kiss
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #764 on: March 16, 2007, 10:03:37 am »

Hi Mandate Supporters,

Our favorite 'TV Mayor' (aka David Kroke from the L.A. Daily News) has written another article about the Great8Mandate and fate of Gilmore Girls.  I urge everyone to read things over and then post comments on his blog.  He'll hopefully pass along the messages to the good people at The CW.

Great8Mandate 2: Can “Gilmore Girls” be saved?

http://www.insidesocal.com/tv/2007/03/great8mandate_2_can_gilmore_gi.html

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: