The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 03:12:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734569 times)
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #720 on: March 15, 2007, 11:31:52 am »

hey conradv i think i got ur letter? but wht is ur email cuase i remeber u saying u were going to send me one so just wht is ur email so i can check? and hey by the way lol Cheesy

I just pm'd it to you.

hey back at ya  Smiley

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
minilorelai14
« Reply #721 on: March 15, 2007, 11:45:34 am »

thanks!!
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #722 on: March 15, 2007, 12:25:52 pm »

Hello all,

I would like to give a warm welcome to those of you who may be visiting the Mandate thread for the time (via the GilmoreGirls.org mailing list).

As a reminder to everyone, we're trying to get the Great8Mandate word out on Saturday, March 17th, aka St. Patrick's DayClover

In short, we're organzing Great8Mandate letters of support to be both physically mailed and e-mailed on St. Patrick's Day.  If you're interested in participating, simply visit the first post of this thread.  There, you can find contact names and address information.  Letters can be as short or long as you'd like.  The main thing is to express your desire for season 8 and how much you enjoy the show.  If you're an on the go/busy type person, please make use of our pre-made Great8Mandate stationary and simply mail your letter on the 17thInclude a St. Patrick's Day sticker if you have one ... or drawn a clover on your envelope ... a little luck of the Irish might do us good.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
anime_freak182
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

Candy Mountain XD

View Profile
« Reply #723 on: March 15, 2007, 12:56:22 pm »

A cool thing to do would be to have a Gilmore Girls party, and get a bunch of friends together and put in a GG dvd and write letters while you watch. I'm going to  Smiley

LUKE: But me, raising a kid? I don't even like kids. They're always sticky, you know, like they've got jam on their hands. Even if there's no jam in the house, somehow they've always got jam on their hands. I'm not the right guy to deal with that. I have no patience for jam hands.
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #724 on: March 15, 2007, 01:47:17 pm »

I dont know if anyone else read this, but Melissa McCarthy (aka Sookie) just signed on for a pilot on ABC.   Sad  And also i just read this on TVguide.com:

"Say what you want about this season's Gilmore Girls, but show-runner Dave Rosenthal has succeeded in at least one area where Team Palladino failed: He's arranged for Rory to finally come face-to-face with her longtime idol, Christiane Amanpour!

According to multiple Girls sources, CNN's internationally renowned newshound will make a cameo in the show's May 8 season (and likely series) finale. Amanpour's scene is still being written, so all that's known at this point is that she will be playing herself.

As anyone with a passing interest in Gilmore Girls knows, Amy and Dan were relentless in their bid to lure Amanpour to Stars Hollow during their six-year reign. They almost succeeded in getting her late last season, but a scheduling conflict derailed things at the 11th hour. They left shortly afterwards and, well, the rest is history. Whatever mixed feelings they have about the show these days, I gotta think this news will put a smile on their faces.

Now, regarding the small matter of the show's "likely series finale," all I can say is that you might want to start saying your goodbyes now. Talks to bring the show back for an eighth season have stalled, and, according to several sources, there's little hope for a turnaround.

On the bright side, Rory's finally gonna meet Christiane Amanpour!"

It's not looking good... Sad
conradv
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #725 on: March 15, 2007, 01:56:15 pm »

I dont know if anyone else read this, but Melissa McCarthy (aka Sookie) just signed on for a pilot on ABC.   Sad  And also i just read this on TVguide.com:

"Say what you want about this season's Gilmore Girls, but show-runner Dave Rosenthal has succeeded in at least one area where Team Palladino failed: He's arranged for Rory to finally come face-to-face with her longtime idol, Christiane Amanpour!

According to multiple Girls sources, CNN's internationally renowned newshound will make a cameo in the show's May 8 season (and likely series) finale. Amanpour's scene is still being written, so all that's known at this point is that she will be playing herself.

As anyone with a passing interest in Gilmore Girls knows, Amy and Dan were relentless in their bid to lure Amanpour to Stars Hollow during their six-year reign. They almost succeeded in getting her late last season, but a scheduling conflict derailed things at the 11th hour. They left shortly afterwards and, well, the rest is history. Whatever mixed feelings they have about the show these days, I gotta think this news will put a smile on their faces.

Now, regarding the small matter of the show's "likely series finale," all I can say is that you might want to start saying your goodbyes now. Talks to bring the show back for an eighth season have stalled, and, according to several sources, there's little hope for a turnaround.

Well, thankfully Ausiello has been wrong as often as right, so there's still hope.

And "On the bright side"?   Roll Eyes

Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 15, 2007, 02:06:09 pm »

Would you please post the link(s) of your source(s)? I couldn't find this....

Thank you!

conradv
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 15, 2007, 02:08:13 pm »

Thank you!

Here's the Link
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 02:09:49 pm by conradv » Logged

Billie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 15, 2007, 02:09:54 pm »

Thank you!

Here's the Link

Thank you, Conrad. This doesn't sound the way we wanted it, right? I'm so sad...  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Mara
Diner Regular

Community Points: 25

"I'm the perfect storm of caffeine and genetics."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #729 on: March 15, 2007, 02:10:32 pm »

why u want gilmore girls to stay on the air and maybe if u want u can say how gilmore girls helped u during hard times and thats why u need it and it doesnt need to be long at all and u can write 3 letters the limit! send it to [email protected] thats my email then it will go in a book and off to lauren, alexis and to the hole gilmore cast!
Great idea, thanks a lot minilorelai14 you get mail tomorrow ... here it's almost midnight and I'm getting kind of tired.
Thanks for the update email heidi St. Patrick's Day ... got it ... will start writing the letters / emails and also try to get word out in a german forum ... there are a lot of Gilmore fans. Billie ... no, not at all ... but maybe ... it's not over now.[/size][/color]
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 02:11:53 pm by Mara » Logged

conradv
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 15, 2007, 02:10:55 pm »

Thank you!

Here's the Link

Thank you, Conrad. These doesn't sound the way we wanted it, right? I'm so sad...  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Yeah, but consider the source.....  Yes, it's possible, but nothing is set in stone.

LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 15, 2007, 02:11:38 pm »

Sure no problem.  
The link for the Melissa McCarthy news is here http://www.tv.com/tracking/viewer.html?sls_id=11000&ref_type=101&ref_id=44&tag=updates;title;0

The tvguide link is: http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=700017472

Lets hope this isnt true.  
Billie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 15, 2007, 02:11:59 pm »

Hi Mara, schön dich zu lesen!!!

Did you read the bad news???

Billie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 15, 2007, 02:13:30 pm »

Sure no problem. 
The link for the Melissa McCarthy news is here http://www.tv.com/tracking/viewer.html?sls_id=11000&ref_type=101&ref_id=44&tag=updates;title;0

The tvguide link is: http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=700017472

Lets hope this isnt true. 

Thank you, Christine. I'm kind of starting crying.... sounds quite true, doesn't it???

laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 15, 2007, 02:16:38 pm »

MM can continue to do GG and another show, especially considering her limited screen time this year.  Gregg Henry (Mitchum) also just signed on for a new show.  Just as MC's contract, it's reasonable to assume that these other shows all take a back seat to GG if it continues.  I would think the actors or their agents would make sure there's a clause in there stating this.  It's not official until it's official (from the network), don't lose hope!!! 
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: