The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 05:36:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733183 times)
minilorelai14
« Reply #690 on: March 14, 2007, 06:26:57 pm »

hey guys keep sending the letters plzz im getting bucnh so keep sending them!! just write write and write some more! lol Cheesy and ive gotten a bunch for alexis but none for like lauren and scott and i know there signed on already but u can still write to them im sure they will like it  Wink and just send em to my email [email protected] and plzzz tell them why u want to keep them on the air not really about ur life but u can say oo ive learned so many things from this show which helps me life ect but dont go into ur life story!

thanks so much!

KEEP WRITTING!

k also who wrote the story about her daughter touched me so much u have alot of hope and ur an amazing person!!
thanks for that letter they will not forget that!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 08:22:08 pm by minilorelai14 » Logged
Loridhhp
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 125

Love heals all wounds

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 14, 2007, 09:12:53 pm »

Hey minilorelai14, that e-mail was probably mine if your talking about the single mom of a 16 year old with severe mental illness who found hope and laughter through Gilmore Girls. I meant every word. GG has been instrumental in helping me have a relationaship with my daughter and modeling it after Lorelai and Rory's relationship. I became a more supportive, loving mother to my daughter with all her challenges by watching Gilmore Girls. I thanked the cast for all their great work and asked for one more season to really wrap up our favorite show because a few more episodes is just not enough time to prepare for such a loss.

Keep up the great work everyone! Grin I will continue to think positive and watch all 6 seasons on DVD until the 7th comes out, then I'll get that too.

Until next time...Live passionately, love unconditionally, laugh often and be happy!  Smitten Lori

Lori: "Friends come and go but I'm your mother. I'll always be here for you."
Ariel: "What if I'm an Archeologist in Eygpt and I'm having hallucinations and manic?"
Lori: "Then I'll be on the next plane. I won't give up ever"
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #692 on: March 14, 2007, 09:16:02 pm »

Hey minilorelai14, that e-mail was probably mine if your talking about the single mom of a 16 year old with severe mental illness who found hope and laughter through Gilmore Girls. I meant every word. GG has been instrumental in helping me have a relationaship with my daughter and modeling it after Lorelai and Rory's relationship. I became a more supportive, loving mother to my daughter with all her challenges by watching Gilmore Girls. I thanked the cast for all their great work and asked for one more season to really wrap up our favorite show because a few more episodes is just not enough time to prepare for such a loss.

Keep up the great work everyone! Grin I will continue to think positive and watch all 6 seasons on DVD until the 7th comes out, then I'll get that too.

Until next time...Live passionately, love unconditionally, laugh often and be happy!  Smitten Lori

Lori,

If you're willing, I would e-mail that to both of Alexis's managers.  That's an excellent story that would really let Alexis and her representation know that what she does touches people in a very positive way.  Just a suggestion. Smiley

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
minilorelai14
« Reply #693 on: March 14, 2007, 09:43:53 pm »

Loridhhp well that was a wonderful letter it touched me so much!! ur a wonderful ladie i just have to tell u that and im glad that gilmore girl has helped u it has also helped me through lots of challenges but thats one story that lauren and alexis and even the hole cast i bet wont forget!!

k keep sending the letters im hoping to get more then im getting but just keep writting!!

hey heidi if u want u can write a letter and i can give it to vanessa and she will give it the cast thats wht im doing but u dont have to just if u want! Smiley
Lizbelle45
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 13

She wants you, Luke.

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 14, 2007, 10:59:35 pm »

Minilorelai14.... thanks for putting out your email address. I really have wanted to send a letter to the CW or whomever expressing how much I want them to keep GG, but I haven't been sure who to direct it to. I really appreciate you giving out your email! Look for mine soon!

Wonderful Signatures Made By Lukesgirl

"You're going to kiss me now? So incredibly predictable."
-Lor to Luke

Java Junkie who's just keeping the F.A.I.T.H
Jocelyn
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

Oy with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 15, 2007, 12:07:42 am »

Hey all,

I'm back!  Well, I've been keeping up and still sending letters etc so still here.  Another possible template if anyone wants help getting started - this one's geared towards Alexis:

Dear Ms Bledel,

I am one of multitudes of long-term Gilmore Girls fans around the world.  In Australia, as in the USA, this show has found an enthusiastic and loyal audience in every age group, from grandparents to teens, all of whom look to this fantastic show for laughter, tears, and joy.  With no exaggeration I can confidently label Gilmore Girls as one of the best shows on television.  This is due to its consistently high levels of acting, writing and commitment from everyone involved in the show.  It has been both a dear pleasure and a privilege watching Rory grow up into such a woman, and watching all the characters develop into the wonderful personalities we see today.

It is abundantly clear to me, as to all your fans, that you have a long and successful career ahead of you, in whatever projects you take on - especially if we have anything to say about it.  I look forward to following your work for many years to come.  Just as important as the future, however, is the past - and making sure that the past has ended up the way it ought to.

Gilmore Girls can never be a finished story, as characters as rounded and full as these will always have more to do, but they deserve the chance for an ending that is as well thought out and fully explored as the rest of the show has always been.  The incredibly bittersweet relationship between Lorelai and Luke is a prime example of a storyline that has been around as long as this show has, and that deserves the chance to be finished with as much care as necessary, and the subsequent time that it so clearly merits.  Similarly, it would be an intense disappointment if, having experienced with Rory the hurdles she has had to overcome in the path towards her dream of one day becoming a journalist, someone who just wants to be sure she sees... something, we were denied the opportunity to 'be there' as she finally realises her dream.

Gilmore Girls will never be over, not completely, but as it stands at the end of Season Seven, it is also unfinished.  A show this well made, well acted and well loved deserves a proper ending.  Please at least consider the importance of returning for a Season Eight.

Yours Sincerely,

Christopher: “This town is like one big outpatient mental institution.”
Long live Stars Hollow!
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: March 15, 2007, 12:28:28 am »

Wow Jocelyn, that is a great letter, and one anybody would be proud to put there name to surely!

Great effort my fellow Aussie.  Keep pushing the cause.

Long live Gilmore Girls Clover

Caryn
 Kiss

Please read Forum Rules
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #697 on: March 15, 2007, 01:59:58 am »

Hello all,

I would like to give a warm welcome to those of you who may be visiting the Mandate thread for the time (via the GilmoreGirls.org mailing list).

As a reminder to everyone, we're trying to get the Great8Mandate word out on Saturday, March 17th, aka St. Patrick's DayClover

In short, we're organzing Great8Mandate letters of support to be both physically mailed and e-mailed on St. Patrick's Day.  If you're interested in participating, simply visit the first post of this thread.  There, you can find contact names and address information.  Letters can be as short or long as you'd like.  The main thing is to express your desire for season 8 and how much you enjoy the show.  If you're an on the go/busy type person, please make use of our pre-made Great8Mandate stationary and simply mail your letter on the 17thInclude a St. Patrick's Day sticker if you have one ... or drawn a clover on your envelope ... a little luck of the Irish might do us good.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #698 on: March 15, 2007, 04:32:45 am »

I hadn’t much time to post in the last 3 days but there’ve been so many posts in the meantime so I am just taking that time now.

I am glad that some of you liked the youtube-idea although I feel that maybe nobody wants to “show his face” on the internet. But I really liked the idea from kamakazedeer about putting some of our favourite clips together. And instead of letting the actors talk, we’ll just collect some messages and put them in the background. I don’t know if that would be too much work, as I have zero knowledge of making a video on the computer. But I still think it would be a nice idea and as we are already sending letters to the cast / agents, we could include the link to our video there.

---

@Billie: Hallöchen auch von mir  Wink

I was really surprised to find someone from Vienna here on the board – that’s pretty cool!!

Yeah, that would be great idea (at least if they’d know about Sachertorte) but these are extremely overpriced, that’s true.
I already saw your Viennesse stationary and totally liked it, especially the picture of the girls and Mozart – looks totally cool!

--

I also liked minilorelai’s idea – although I don’t know who Vanessa is and how she is connected with the cast (did I miss this on some of the former posts??)
I bet they’ll totally love a book with so many letters from different people. I am just a little worried about our remaining time. You said you could pass on the book by the end of April? I hope they haven’t already decided anything by that time. However – you’ll receive my letters for the book later today!!! Thank you offering this again 

Again, I am REALLY glad that I found this site – it’s great to see who so many devoted fans work together and try to save the show!!

iluvgilmoregirls!
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: March 15, 2007, 05:38:07 am »

I tried sending an e-mail to Alexis and Lauren but the e-mail I had did not work. I got it off one of the post does anyone have another e-mail for them? just woundering if not it is ok I am going to mail them letters today anyway and I hope it works! we all need another season!!
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: March 15, 2007, 05:45:17 am »

Hey all. I thought I should post a copy of my letter on here. Granted, it is not original nor as persusasive as some of the ones posted here before me, but I was under a time crunch. (Speaking of crunch, there is another kid in the room who is chewing like a moronic cow, and it is driving me up a FREAKING wall. Wall Wall Is it that difficult to shut your damn lips when you chew eh?!) Anywho. Heres the poorly written letter....

To Whom It May Concern:

Hello! My name is Sarah, and I am only one of the adoring fans of Gilmore Girls.  I have heard the rumors about there not being a season eight of Gilmore Girls, and it breaks my heart to hear that.  I also heard that the decision lies in the hands of Alexis Bledel. Without her, the show will surely end. There are only a few episodes left in the season, and this is not enough time to tie up all of the loose ends of our story. Will Luke marry Lorelai? Will Lorelai finally be able to be happy? Will Lane and Zach make good parents? Will Luke and April become inseperable? Will Logan and Rory stay together forever? Will Rory get her dream job as a journalist? Will she be successful? Or fall into the doom that Mitchum once told her? Will Emily and Lorelai finally have a reconciliaton? Will Chris and Lorelai be able to maintain a friendship? Will Ms. Patty and Babette remain as our towns favorite gossip queens? Will Kirk and Lulu ever get married? What will happen to the town of Stars Hollow?! We need one more seasons to answer these questions, and we need Alexis to be able to do so.  If Gilmore Girls is cancelled, many of fans will turn their backs on the one who didn't sign on, and I for one do not want that to be the case. A season of only 13 episodes in it will still make us fans happy, for that is enough time to not leave us wondering what has happened to our lovely town of Stars Hollow, and all the friends we have meet along the way. I have eaten at Friday night dinners (where I tasted many of unique cuisines, and traded garnishes when the food was bad), been to two graduations (one at which I cried) felt the heartbreak of the breakups, the warmth of the love, tasted Luke's Special Omlette, been scolded for my drinking coffee to much, and I feel I have been there through it all. Please visit www.gilmoregirls.org/forum, and look at our Great8Mandate. Many fans have been there to support Gilmore Girls through many years, and we need to see our girls through one more year. We have grown up with the Girls, and if there is no season eight, we will feel like we are losing one of our best friends.  Thank you for your time.
Sincerley,
            The Fourth Lorelai Gilmore
                                  (Sarah)

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
Jocelyn
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

Oy with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: March 15, 2007, 05:51:56 am »

Hey Sarah,

That's a great letter - and the most important thing is that we're SENDING letters at all. I like all the questions that quickly put all the unfinished issues into your letter.  Having them all together like that really puts into perspective how much there is left to see.

Bring on St Patrick's Day - We'll show them all!

*jiggles in excitement and some terror*

Christopher: “This town is like one big outpatient mental institution.”
Long live Stars Hollow!
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: March 15, 2007, 07:20:47 am »

I also liked minilorelai’s idea – although I don’t know who Vanessa is and how she is connected with the cast (did I miss this on some of the former posts??)

Vanessa Marano plays April Nardini (Luke's daughter)

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #703 on: March 15, 2007, 07:54:42 am »

Oh, thanks for putting me in the picture - I didn't know that she meant this Vanessa, but know I know  Smiley

Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: March 15, 2007, 08:23:17 am »

@ all

Obviously it really makes no sense to use the AB-New York-adress (first post) - even me in Europe, I got my letter back!!! (US mail is definitely working!!!)

Heidi, maybe you want to delete that address from the post? Huh

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: