The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 09:41:49 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1764949 times)
gilmore-fanatic517
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: March 14, 2007, 04:15:36 pm »

I asked fam and friends to sign it and basically anyone who cared and it wasn't online just pen and paper
-casey
nevaeh11084
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

"I just...like to see you happy"

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 14, 2007, 04:20:54 pm »

It pretty much sounds like it's all in Alexis's hands.  Everyone else is signed on (at least that's the rumor) but her (yet).

No Alexis = no show.

So we have to somehow get to either her, or her agent.

In response to those of you who have inquired about how to contact Alexis and her representation, the following information was pulled from IMDbpro.com (each is listed as her manager).

Michael Flutie: [email protected]
Paul M. Brown[email protected]

Two quick comments ...

The above information was publicly accessible, so I don't feel terribly guilty about sharing it with the Gilmore masses.

However, with that said, if you choose to e-mail either person, please do so in a respectful and supportive manner.  The Great8Mandate is a positive fan campaign created to express our support for the show and its actorsWink

~Heidi

THANKS!!!! i emailed both of them!!!! Grin

"I just...like to see you happy"
<3 JavaJunkie
gilmore-fanatic517
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 14, 2007, 04:44:17 pm »

I was just reading the Ask Ausiello and happened upon this:

Question: Do you have any new Gilmore Girls scoop?— Cory
Ausiello: Matt Czuchry's pilot has been put on hold.

Could be good news for us guys! Lets keep up the hard work!

"Oh I love the cheezy bread"
gilmore-fanatic517
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 14, 2007, 04:51:01 pm »

Smiley
Hey guys!
I was just wanted to let you know that at my school this site is getting around to everyone and ALOT OF STUDENTS + TEACHER are talking about it! Not only that they are printing off "i support Gilmore Girls season 8 " icons and pinning it on to their shirts as buttons! Hopefully this will become a fad and (if were lucky) get around to the CW exects! I encourage you to do this and spread the word, after all it couldnt hurt right!

GG 4 live
your friend
Casey Roll Eyes
gilmore-fanatic517
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 14, 2007, 05:00:52 pm »

Lorelai: Ugh, they totally just snuck that modeling thing in.
Rory: Hmm, my mom's a model. Maybe you'll get to date Leonardo DiCaprio now.
Lorelai: Plus, now I have to plan the whole stupid thing.
Rory: Lorelai Gilmore. Nope, doesn't sound model-y enough. You need something that stands out more. How about Waffle. We could call you Waffle and say you're from Belgium.
Lorelai: [dialing on her cell phone] Okay, I'm crabby, I need to do something about it.
[on phone]
Lorelai: Hey Mom!
Emily: Well, hello.
Lorelai: So I went to my first Booster meeting last night, did Bitty tell you?
Emily: No, she did not.
Lorelai: Oh, well, maybe she's still stuck under that desk. You might want to send someone out there to look.
Emily: Well, it's certainly nice to hear you finally getting involved.
Lorelai: Yes, in fact we're planning a charity fashion show next weekend, and I volunteered to organize it.
Emily: Well, good for you.
Lorelai: Yes, and since I know how concerned you are about how Rory's perceived at Chilton, I knew you'd want to be involved somehow, so you're gonna be one of the models.
Emily: Excuse me?
Lorelai: Yeah, so it's next Saturday, be there at four, and we'll provide hair and makeup.
Emily: Lorelai, you can't be serious.
Lorelai: Oh, and we'll need your measurements also.
Emily: This is ridiculous.
Lorelai: Mom. You said you wanted me to be involved. Well, I'm involved, now don't you want to do your part to ensure Rory's future?
Emily: All right.
Lorelai: Start measuring.
[hangs up]
Rory: You feel better now?
Lorelai: Waffle's very happy

That right there was a classic Emily and Loreli / Rory dialouge
it would be really great if that dialouge would continue and it cannot coninue without a show so be persistant but dont be incouragable  and hopefully that dialouge will continue (for my sanity)
gilmore-fanatic517
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 14, 2007, 05:05:50 pm »

Grin
"i'm incouragable!"
Loreli
hehehe
it works
gilmore-fanatic517
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 14, 2007, 05:11:55 pm »

Rory: I never want to leave home!
Loreli: Oh thats my emotionaly stunted girl!

I will be emotionally stunted if this so stops

Update:
I am writing a letter to Alexis Blendel.Tip it is good to keep the letters short and sweet because (contrary to popular belif) long thoughtfull letters are about as usefull as a printer without ink so you may think it will impress her but it actually gets her board so keep the letter to one or two paragraphs MAX Cheesy

gg 4 LIVE
your friend
Casey Kiss
gilmore-fanatic517
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 14, 2007, 05:17:20 pm »

My feeling is that people like Lauren, Alexis, and DR hear all the time that the show is great and people love them and their fans just would not know what to do if the show was canceled.  It's great to include those points in your letters, but I would add more than just that, seeing as how it might not go too far in actually convincing them to stay.

Like Holly said, make sure you keep all letters respectful and dignified.  In my letters, I acknowledged that the cast had indeed been doing this for a long time, and their fans understand that they must get plenty of lucrative film and theater roles offered to them that look quite enticing, especially after 7 years of playing the same character.  I also told Alexis that I worried she might regret walking away from a successful show that meant a lot to not only her fans, but to her as well.  I think also the fact that the remaining 5 episodes is not enough time to wrap up all the storylines is an excellent point, which I know many of you have mentioned.

I just think it would be a good idea to try to convey more than just that you wouldn't have anything to do on Tuesday nights, it's your "FAV SHOW EVR!!", etc.  Smiley

Anyway, just a few thoughts.  I don't mean to sound weird and judgy or anything-- Gilmore Girls means a lot to me too!  Just trying to think of how we can be most successful.

Let's keep on truckin'!  Wink
I agree being classy is the way to go thank you , for pointing that out! After all as Heidi said we a a positive group! Shocked
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 14, 2007, 05:18:52 pm »

Love your spirirt and enthusiasm Casey, but we do frown on double posting here(or triple posting etc...).  You can always modify your posts with the modify button.  I do think it's cool it's going all around your school!

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 14, 2007, 05:21:05 pm »

Love your spirirt and enthusiasm Casey, but we do frown on double posting here(or triple posting etc...).  You can always modify your posts with the modify button.  I do think it's cool it's going all around your school!

Seems like just yesterday that I received that same email from someone, back when I was just startin' out.

Ah, the memories....   Cheesy

Welcome gilmore-fanatic517.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 14, 2007, 05:28:33 pm »

Seems like just yesterday that I received that same email from someone, back when I was just startin' out.

Ah, the memories....   Cheesy

Welcome gilmore-fanatic517.
Ah in my hormonal state I forgot to welcome Casey!  We're so lucky she got us the mention from Kristen!

And Conrad, l'm happy to make you feel nostalgic!  I do my best! Cool

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
GG3
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 14, 2007, 05:33:30 pm »

I read - think it may have seen on "crazy internet people"  -that a decision about season 8 may not be decided until mid May.  If that is the case season 7 would end without knowing if it is the season ending or the series ...
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 14, 2007, 06:14:01 pm »

I read - think it may have seen on "crazy internet people" -that a decision about season 8 may not be decided until mid May. If that is the case season 7 would end without knowing if it is the season ending or the series ...

well like they did on Reba, they said 'series finale' with the promo, so i think that we'd know by then

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

I'm Trish! LUKE*<3*LORELAI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #688 on: March 14, 2007, 06:14:56 pm »

I read - think it may have seen on "crazy internet people"  -that a decision about season 8 may not be decided until mid May.  If that is the case season 7 would end without knowing if it is the season ending or the series ...

OH NO!  That would, SO SUCK! pardon my french....  
Oy' with the poodles already!  

I've just written a letter that I am going to post here for anyone to use. Please feel free. JKust send, send, send!

To Whom It May Concern:
I am writing to you today as a dedicated and avid viewer of your amazingly incredible show, Gilmore Girls. I have heard much talk about this season (Season 7) possibly being the final season of the show. Being the driven person that I am, I cannot just sit here and watch this happen.
Gilmore Girls has become more than just an ordinary weekly television program. For some, it has become an addiction. We thrive on this show. We count days and hours and minutes and seconds until we finally turn on the television and watch our favorite characters progress with their lives.
We have been with our girls through it all. We were there when Lorelai got engaged and then unengaged to Max; When Rory got accepted to Chilton, graduated from Chilton, and started Yale. (Copperboom!) When Rory tried it again with Dean, went to Philidelphia to see Jess, and finally fell for Logan. And, of course, we were there to watch Lorelai and Luke strengthen their relationship, bit by bit piece by piece, for five agonizing seasons. We were at the Dragonfly Inn to witness the first kiss (Naked Kirk and all) and we were there in the diner when she proposed. We went to Paris with Christopher and Lorelai, and slowly watched their marriage fall to pieces. When Richard had his heart attack and went into surgery, we were there in the waiting room, our fingers crossed. We were there for it all. We always were. And there is no way we are going to back down now.
With my support from The Great8Mandate (http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6630.0) it is our sole task to compaign non-stop until we reach our goal.
So Please Luke, please, please, please…………. Give us a Season 8. We will not back down!

Lorelai [Sighs]: This is bad Michel.
Michel: I’m getting that, yes.

Sincerely,
                      -YOUR NAME HERE-
One of many Great8Mandate supporters and Gilmore Girls fans from around the globe.

Woh!  Lot's of FANTASTIC refrences to the show!  If I could, I'd hit you with a pretty stick!

And, it just occured to me, I never formally introduced myself to everyone.  I'mTrish.  I'm almost 13 (4 more days!), and I totally support the cause!  If I can be of help in any way, just let me know!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 06:21:42 pm by KrazyKutie318 » Logged

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 14, 2007, 06:26:35 pm »

Hey everyone, I'm new to this site.  I've mailed letters to all the people at CW and Lauren Graham, and Alexis Bledels agents address.  I think the best thing is for everyone just to do SOMETHING, just a few paragraphs to any of these people just so they see that there is a large group that want a season 8.  Nobody wants to see this wonderful show end, so everyone just keep up the good work!!

Christine

Lorelai: Oh you know what? I have someone standing abnormally close to me. I'll call you later.
Rory: Okay, say hi to Kirk for me.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: