The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 03:21:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765223 times)
ObessedwithGG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #645 on: March 13, 2007, 07:55:39 pm »

I'm loving all of this support going.  I'd be totally crushed if they ended the series this year.  There is no way a satisfying ending can come with only 5 episodes left, especially after the whole Lorelia/Christopher detour the show took.  I'm up for doing whatever it takes to have it come back!  IT HAS TO COME BACK FOR ANOTHER YEAR!

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
minilorelai14
« Reply #646 on: March 13, 2007, 08:07:32 pm »

minilorelai I love your idea! I'll start on my paragraph right away and send it to you!
DON'T GIVE UP PEOPLE! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

k good my emial is [email protected]

k and anybody eles that likes the idea plzz do it i tihnk that it will help alot and these letters will go strait to the cast so plzz keep gg alive!!

and my idea again is send ur letters to me i will put them in a book and there off to the set to lauren and alexis so keep sending them to me!

Thats an excellent idea, I wanna join in on this. Should I write 2 different letters? One to Lauren and one to Alexis or just make one out to both of them?

anything u want u can write to the hole cast or any cast member or 2 letters but 3 at the limit plzz because if we keep getting like 3 from each person that does it where going to have alot of letters so 3 at limit to any cast member or just to the hole cast ur choice but thanks for doing it and send it to my emial [email protected]
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #647 on: March 14, 2007, 01:39:57 am »

It pretty much sounds like it's all in Alexis's hands.  Everyone else is signed on (at least that's the rumor) but her (yet).

No Alexis = no show.

So we have to somehow get to either her, or her agent.

In response to those of you who have inquired about how to contact Alexis and her representation, the following information was pulled from IMDbpro.com (each is listed as her manager).

Michael Flutie: [email protected]
Paul M. Brown[email protected]

Two quick comments ...

The above information was publicly accessible, so I don't feel terribly guilty about sharing it with the Gilmore masses.

However, with that said, if you choose to e-mail either person, please do so in a respectful and supportive manner.  The Great8Mandate is a positive fan campaign created to express our support for the show and its actorsWink

~Heidi
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 01:44:33 am by Heidi » Logged

Flame    Flame
mariabcn
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 14, 2007, 02:54:34 am »

sorry, i wrote in spanish!
adoro la serie no me puedo imaginar el fin! tenemos que apoyar para que sigan "creando" el mundo gilmore y nos hagan soñar. todo es mágico con Lorelai, Rory, Luke y compañía.
besos
Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 14, 2007, 04:38:49 am »

In response to those of you who have inquired about how to contact Alexis and her representation, the following information was pulled from IMDbpro.com (each is listed as her manager).

Two quick comments ...

The above information was publicly accessible, so I don't feel terribly guilty about sharing it with the Gilmore masses.

However, with that said, if you choose to e-mail either person, please do so in a respectful and supportive manner.  The Great8Mandate is a positive fan campaign created to express our support for the show and its actorsWink

~Heidi

Thank you, Heidi.

Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 14, 2007, 05:51:58 am »

Two quick comments ...

~Heidi

Thanks Heidi! I have sent my professional and sincere letters to both of her managers, and I hope that many others will do the same.

Please don't send hate mail to these addresses, because this will not show support, and is not a way to get the show for an eight season.

Fight We have to fight for our next season and our favorite show!

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

I'm Trish! LUKE*<3*LORELAI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #651 on: March 14, 2007, 07:08:13 am »

It pretty much sounds like it's all in Alexis's hands.  Everyone else is signed on (at least that's the rumor) but her (yet).

No Alexis = no show.

So we have to somehow get to either her, or her agent.

Two quick comments ...

~Heidi
Cool!  Yes, I agree.  We need to be positive and supportive of the show.  Saying  "I LOVE GILMORE GIRLS AND IT WOULD SO TOTALLY SUCK IF IT WAS CANCELED! IF YOU CANCEL IT WE WILL ALL HATE YOU!!!" is going to do zip, zilch, and nada to convince her to sign.  Just think positive!

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 14, 2007, 07:28:15 am »

In my mails I related to an interview M. Flutie did some time ago (what his aims are and so on), maybe this makes sense for some of you, too:

http://michaelflutie.com/PDF/models.pdf

conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 14, 2007, 07:33:53 am »

minilorelai I love your idea! I'll start on my paragraph right away and send it to you!
DON'T GIVE UP PEOPLE! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

k good my emial is [email protected]

k and anybody eles that likes the idea plzz do it i tihnk that it will help alot and these letters will go strait to the cast so plzz keep gg alive!!

and my idea again is send ur letters to me i will put them in a book and there off to the set to lauren and alexis so keep sending them to me!

Thanks for your help - I'll be emailing you a short letter to Alexis.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
mandate_supporter
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 12

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 14, 2007, 07:38:09 am »

My feeling is that people like Lauren, Alexis, and DR hear all the time that the show is great and people love them and their fans just would not know what to do if the show was canceled.  It's great to include those points in your letters, but I would add more than just that, seeing as how it might not go too far in actually convincing them to stay.

Like Holly said, make sure you keep all letters respectful and dignified.  In my letters, I acknowledged that the cast had indeed been doing this for a long time, and their fans understand that they must get plenty of lucrative film and theater roles offered to them that look quite enticing, especially after 7 years of playing the same character.  I also told Alexis that I worried she might regret walking away from a successful show that meant a lot to not only her fans, but to her as well.  I think also the fact that the remaining 5 episodes is not enough time to wrap up all the storylines is an excellent point, which I know many of you have mentioned.

I just think it would be a good idea to try to convey more than just that you wouldn't have anything to do on Tuesday nights, it's your "FAV SHOW EVR!!", etc.  Smiley

Anyway, just a few thoughts.  I don't mean to sound weird and judgy or anything-- Gilmore Girls means a lot to me too!  Just trying to think of how we can be most successful.

Let's keep on truckin'!  Wink

Vote for your favorite Gilmore Girls episodes!  http://gilmorevote.blogspot.com/
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 14, 2007, 07:53:05 am »

My feeling is that people like Lauren, Alexis, and DR hear all the time that the show is great and people love them and their fans just would not know what to do if the show was canceled.  It's great to include those points in your letters, but I would add more than just that, seeing as how it might not go too far in actually convincing them to stay.

Like Holly said, make sure you keep all letters respectful and dignified.  In my letters, I acknowledged that the cast had indeed been doing this for a long time, and their fans understand that they must get plenty of lucrative film and theater roles offered to them that look quite enticing, especially after 7 years of playing the same character.  I also told Alexis that I worried she might regret walking away from a successful show that meant a lot to not only her fans, but to her as well.  I think also the fact that the remaining 5 episodes is not enough time to wrap up all the storylines is an excellent point, which I know many of you have mentioned.

I just think it would be a good idea to try to convey more than just that you wouldn't have anything to do on Tuesday nights, it's your "FAV SHOW EVR!!", etc.  Smiley

Anyway, just a few thoughts.  I don't mean to sound weird and judgy or anything-- Gilmore Girls means a lot to me too!  Just trying to think of how we can be most successful.

Let's keep on truckin'!  Wink

Those are good points.  They're professionals, and we have to come across in a respectable manner. We don't want to sound like a bunch of airheaded teenyboppers....  Tongue

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
FlyGrl0609
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 14, 2007, 10:31:48 am »

I was just reading the Ask Ausiello and happened upon this:

Question: Do you have any new Gilmore Girls scoop?— Cory
Ausiello: Matt Czuchry's pilot has been put on hold.

Could be good news for us guys! Lets keep up the hard work!

June: Rule #1 Don't propose to a girl on a bus.

~~~Headliner & Java Junkie all the way!~~~
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 14, 2007, 10:42:04 am »

Not to be negative, but his PILOT could be put on hold for a variety of things not related to GG.

Okay, I'm a little worried about posting Alexis's agents on here.  As Heidi said, please be very respectful with them.  I would not want this to backfire.

And to the Maria, what a great idea to writein spanish...since it's Alexis's native tongue.....MAYBE SHE'LL PAY MORE attention to it.

Oh and congrats to all that have joined the CAUSE here, be sure to send your letters ASAP.  I challenge you all to send them this saturday!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 10:44:29 am by MasBYUgal » Logged

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

Community Points: 354

View Profile WWW
« Reply #658 on: March 14, 2007, 11:09:17 am »

Not to be negative, but his PILOT could be put on hold for a variety of things not related to GG.

Oh and congrats to all that have joined the CAUSE here, be sure to send your letters ASAP.  I challenge you all to send them this saturday!

I can assure you that mine have been sent. Actually I am pretty sure they should have them by now.

Heidi~This thread was a perfect idea!  I have just recently gone back an read through the entire thread again and the level of commit by everyone is just amazing

My New Website
minilorelai14
« Reply #659 on: March 14, 2007, 12:04:18 pm »

thanks for sending ur letters guys!! keep sending them and also i plan on giving vanessa the book to give to the cast by the end of april or maybe earlier but i dont have a exact date but keep sending them!! thanks so much to all of the ppl who already have send me letters and im just repeating wht im doing. im collecting letters to give to the cast u can write to any cast member and i will give it to vanessa and i have to go rite now but i will tell ya the rest later byez!!
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: