The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 04:56:07 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1762762 times)
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #615 on: March 12, 2007, 04:12:13 pm »

Hi Gilmore-Community Smiley

I just found this page yesterday when I googled for information about an 8th season of Gilmore Girls.

First of all, I really loved the idea of a campaign to keep our favourite show on television.

I am a huge fan of Gilmore Girls and got really sad when it came to my mind that we only have 5 more episodes before the series finale - although here in Austria they just finished broadcasting the 6th season.

However, since yesterday I keep thinking of any ways we could reach the one person who really could save the show - Alexis. I am not pretty sure, that all the letters really reach her (in time) but I think if she knew how much her fans want her to come back for a last season she would probably reconsider everything. And than just a few minutes ago it I had this idea of making a personal video - just like an ad or something. Were some people tell why and how much they'd like Alexis to sign for one more season.
But - yeah, there's a but - I don't know how we could get it out. The best way of course would be TV, but I don't even want to think about the price you have to pay for 1-2 minutes being on TV. If not TV, maybe there's someone with a homepage who could cooperate with us and put this video on the side - of course a popular site which has many visitors every day, or at least put the video on youtube or something. Whatever way we'd choose, we should however contact some of the people who had been very helpful in the past (as I read in this thread, there a people like this) and I think this news would spread like wildfire.

Don't know if this idea is good or not, or how we could actually accomplish this plan, but I just wanted to share this with you.

I really hope we can save our show!!

Greetings from Vienna  Smiley

kamakazedeer
Diner Owner

Community Points: 71

Emily Gilmore Life Ruiner- she ruins peoples lives

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 12, 2007, 04:15:58 pm »

If anyone has a membership to IMDb pro they can access Alexis' contact information which, I'm sure has a contact to her current agent. I, personally do not have a pro account because it costs money (it's around $12 a month), but they are running a 14 day trial if someone wants to try that. I would try it but I would probably forget I subscribed and wind up not cancelling the account and paying.

visionofdivision
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 12, 2007, 04:18:05 pm »

i think the idea about a video on youtube could work very very well. if everyone recorded a message using something as simple as a webcam, someone could put it all together and make a very good video out of it i think. it's very easy to get the word out with youtube.

in the meantime, which e-mail has proven to be the best contact? i want to do this, but i don't want to send it to someone who has been unresponsive so far.
kamakazedeer
Diner Owner

Community Points: 71

Emily Gilmore Life Ruiner- she ruins peoples lives

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 12, 2007, 04:22:43 pm »

I like the youtube idea. I'd be happy to help edit a video. It'd be cool if we could incorporate video messages along with clips of maybe some favorite moments in the show. My only concern would be if anyone from the network or anyone involved in the show would see it.

GGgirl4life
Stars Hollow Tourist

Ryan Ross <3

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 12, 2007, 08:47:55 pm »

We cannot just sit here and let this awesome show end. I'll cry on the day of the series finale. I'm up for doing anything to stop the producers from ending the show and making a season 8. Plus do they think they have enough time to get Lorelai and Luke married in the last two months? It took AS-P about five years to get them together. Does David Rosenthal think it is possible to do it? Then he isn't a true fan if he does. I'm sorry if it seems like I'm taking it out on you guys or anybody else but I've had a really bad day and I really need to say something about this anyway. C'mon everyone, let's make season 8 one of our main goals this month/year.

LORELAI: Pass.
RORY: Why?
LORELAI: Because I'm not Anna Nicole Smith. Next.
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #620 on: March 12, 2007, 10:42:09 pm »

Hi team,

I would like to remind everyone that we're trying to get the Great8Mandate word out on Saturday, March 17th, aka St. Patrick's DayClover

In short, we're organzing Great8Mandate letters of support to be both physically mailed and e-mailed on St. Patrick's Day.  If you're interested in participating, simply visit the first post of this thread.  There, you can find contact names and address information.  Letters can be as short or long as you'd like.  The main thing is to express your desire for season 8 and how much you enjoy the show.  If you're an on the go/busy type person, please make use of our pre-made Great8Mandate stationary and simply mail your letter on the 17th.  Include a St. Patrick's Day sticker if you have one ... or drawn a clover on your envelope ... a little luck of the Irish might do us good.

~Heidi

Here are a few screencaps of Lorelai wearing her 'everyone loves an Irish girl' shirt.  I made them a little smaller than normal so that people can use them in stationary, on message boards, etc.  Anything to get the word out.  Viva la Gilmore. Clover

~Heidi
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 10:43:11 pm by Heidi » Logged

Flame    Flame
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

I'm Trish! LUKE*<3*LORELAI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #621 on: March 13, 2007, 05:41:31 am »

If anyone has a membership to IMDb pro they can access Alexis' contact information which, I'm sure has a contact to her current agent. I, personally do not have a pro account because it costs money (it's around $12 a month), but they are running a 14 day trial if someone wants to try that. I would try it but I would probably forget I subscribed and wind up not cancelling the account and paying.
\
Yes, and you could get laurens contact info to! Good idea.

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

I'm Trish! LUKE*<3*LORELAI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #622 on: March 13, 2007, 05:42:58 am »

Sweet!  The screencaps rock!  I might be able to make some sort of stationary out of them......
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 05:44:51 am by KrazyKutie318 » Logged

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
Mona
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 13, 2007, 08:22:21 am »

I love the youtube idea. Maybe I can do it on a German video-site. If anybody of you make ideo, I can post it on a lot of German forums or other sites.
Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 13, 2007, 09:53:19 am »

Greetings from Vienna  Smiley

Super, Wiener Verstärkung!!!!!

Welcome, Divine!!! Great to have another Viennese GG-Fan on board!!!

During the last days I was thinking of sending the girls each a small "Sachertorte", but received the offer today - 47 Euro incl. shipping to L.A. (each, and this is only for the small ones, "Piccolo")
Well, this is definitely to much for me, especially since I can't be sure that the boxes really get to AB and LG!!!
 Embarrassed Cry Embarrassed

Btw, if your are planning to mail some letters, pls feel free to use the "Viennese G8M-stationary" I've made (if you like it): http://www.gilmoregirls.org/other/great8mandate/vienna.pdf

Looking forwarding to reading your posts here!!!

Lieber Gruß,
Billie_aus_Wien

Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 13, 2007, 10:01:08 am »

It pretty much sounds like it's all in Alexis's hands.  Everyone else is signed on (at least that's the rumor) but her (yet).
No Alexis = no show.

So we have to somehow get to either her, or her agent.

Conrad, thank you so much for your back-up with that agent-idea, I already thought my suggestion was in some way "inapropriate" because nobody responded...

I really think that would make sense! Is it now for sure that it's "Flutie"??

The more days go by and the less reaction from the studios are coming I'm getting more and more unbelieving and sad....   Undecided

I so much hope the show stays on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billie

megansleia
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 13, 2007, 10:08:11 am »

If they take it off, then all the good shows with the exception of 1 or 2 will be gone!!
minilorelai14
« Reply #627 on: March 13, 2007, 10:39:00 am »

k i have an idea...wht if each person on the org writes one paraghraph then u can send em to me and i will put them all together and i will give it to vanessa and tell her to give it to the cast and if u guys want to do this just write the letter and send it to my email [email protected] and u can include anything on it just get the point across by saying KEEP THE SHOW ON THE AIR!!

tell me wht u guys think of the idea Wink

o also i read a post about getting to alexis's agent vanessa have the same agent as her so maybe i can help with that to!
LGLDandRGLH4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

It's over....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #628 on: March 13, 2007, 12:31:30 pm »

minilorelai I love your idea! I'll start on my paragraph right away and send it to you!
DON'T GIVE UP PEOPLE! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!

I will always love Rory and Logan......

I can't believe it's over.

Gilmore Girls
11/5/2000 - 5/22/2007
           R.I.P

You will be missed,
But never forgotten.......
mandate_supporter
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 12

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 13, 2007, 12:34:35 pm »

I've sent emails to all the addresses listed on the first page, and today I mailed a letter to Alexis and one to David Rosenthal.  I hand wrote both letters, hopefully to show that I am serious about this and I was really taking the time to make this personal.  Hopefully they will see the letters before a decision is announced!

Let's keep trucking, Madaters!  Wink

Vote for your favorite Gilmore Girls episodes!  http://gilmorevote.blogspot.com/
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: