The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 05:45:59 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1764825 times)
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

I'm Trish! LUKE*<3*LORELAI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #600 on: March 12, 2007, 06:07:00 am »

Can anyone think of any Gilmore/St. Patrick's Day tie-ins?

~Heidi

Just that Lauren Graham's 40th birthday (a big milestone) is March 16th -- the day before St. Patrick's Day. Also, Lauren is very Irish. Great idea, Heidi! Smiley

And Lauren also wears that tshirt when her and Rory come back from the european backpacking holiday that says "Everybody loves an Irish Girl"

I love this idea Heidi - count me in and let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Long live Gilmore Girls Hearts

Caryn  Kiss
OOh!  Your right! She is irish, isn't she!   Grin  Very observent!

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
Rory_Gilmore
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 38

gilmore girls= my anti drug

View Profile
« Reply #601 on: March 12, 2007, 07:43:58 am »

Cry Cry  season 8!!! we need you!!!! don't leave us now!!!!

it sounds like season 8 is off to a rough start. alexis may not sign, and loren won't do it without her. *sob*  i'm so unhappy about all of this. they can't take it off the air... it's the bestest show eva!! Lightning Hidden

help season 8!!!we need you!!

JJ-FAITH;BBB;Foodie;Flyswatter; rory
*Max*

speech/tennis
dababydoll
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile WWW
« Reply #602 on: March 12, 2007, 08:48:22 am »

I support  season 8!!!

DaBabyDoll
Mona
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #603 on: March 12, 2007, 11:31:10 am »

I just had this thought about two seconds ago, so I haven't yet really hashed out the details.  Feel free to tell me if you think it's a good or bad idea.  I can take it. Wink

What does everyone think about picking a day in the near future to 'get the word out'?  I'm envisioning something along the lines of choosing a certain day and asking Great8Mandate participants to mail/e-mail letters of support on that day.  Tons and tons of letters sent on one day. 

We can pick any day we want ... but I was wondering if St. Patrick's Day would work well.  It's far enough off in that we have a week to prepare, yet is close enough so that letters can arrive at their destinations with enough time to make a difference.  Plus, I figure that it wouldn't hurt to have the luck of the Irish on our side.  For people who mail phsyical letters, maybe we can add four leaf clover stickers or something of that sort?  Can anyone think of any Gilmore/St. Patrick's Day tie-ins?

Please let me know what you think.  Again, I'm just tossing ideas out there.  We want to keep things moving forward.  No one ever got what they wanted by sitting around doing nothing. Clover

~Heidi
I think, that, yes, It's a good idea, but we may want to send them on the 16th, because some people will have left for vacation, (namely, me.) on the 17th.  And since the 16th is also Lauren's 40th birthday, so we could send birthday cards to her tellling how much we want an eighth season and wishing her a happy birthday and such. 

Please tell her love greetings of me. My letter would arrive in one week and then it's too late for birthday greetings.  Smiley
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

I'm Trish! LUKE*<3*LORELAI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #604 on: March 12, 2007, 01:38:04 pm »

I just had this thought about two seconds ago, so I haven't yet really hashed out the details.  Feel free to tell me if you think it's a good or bad idea.  I can take it. Wink

What does everyone think about picking a day in the near future to 'get the word out'?  I'm envisioning something along the lines of choosing a certain day and asking Great8Mandate participants to mail/e-mail letters of support on that day.  Tons and tons of letters sent on one day. 

We can pick any day we want ... but I was wondering if St. Patrick's Day would work well.  It's far enough off in that we have a week to prepare, yet is close enough so that letters can arrive at their destinations with enough time to make a difference.  Plus, I figure that it wouldn't hurt to have the luck of the Irish on our side.  For people who mail phsyical letters, maybe we can add four leaf clover stickers or something of that sort?  Can anyone think of any Gilmore/St. Patrick's Day tie-ins?

Please let me know what you think.  Again, I'm just tossing ideas out there.  We want to keep things moving forward.  No one ever got what they wanted by sitting around doing nothing. Clover

~Heidi
I think, that, yes, It's a good idea, but we may want to send them on the 16th, because some people will have left for vacation, (namely, me.) on the 17th.  And since the 16th is also Lauren's 40th birthday, so we could send birthday cards to her tellling how much we want an eighth season and wishing her a happy birthday and such. 

Please tell
KK,  Grin
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 02:52:49 pm by KrazyKutie318 » Logged

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #605 on: March 12, 2007, 02:27:57 pm »

wow. i hadn't been keeping track how old lauren was but, she does not look 40 at all...she has super-genes. hopefilly, we will all look as good as she does when we are 40. lol. sorry about getting off topic.

i do love the m&m idea.
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #606 on: March 12, 2007, 02:32:06 pm »

wow. i hadn't been keeping track how old lauren was but, she does not look 40 at all...she has super-genes. hopefilly, we will all look as good as she does when we are 40. lol. sorry about getting off topic.

i do love the m&m idea.

Yeah, she does look super in jeans.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #607 on: March 12, 2007, 03:18:25 pm »

OMG! I just read the news about how it's not looking good for us!!! Nooo! They can't do this! It sucks!! I will not rest until I know for a fact that there will be a new Season but I'm losing hope here!!

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
conradv
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #608 on: March 12, 2007, 03:22:32 pm »

OMG! I just read the news about how it's not looking good for us!!! Nooo! They can't do this! It sucks!! I will not rest until I know for a fact that there will be a new Season but I'm losing hope here!!

It pretty much sounds like it's all in Alexis's hands.  Everyone else is signed on (at least that's the rumor) but her (yet).

No Alexis = no show.

So we have to somehow get to either her, or her agent.

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #609 on: March 12, 2007, 03:32:10 pm »

Hi team,

I would like to remind everyone that we're trying to get the Great8Mandate word out on Saturday, March 17th, aka St. Patrick's DayClover

In short, we're organzing Great8Mandate letters of support to be both physically mailed and e-mailed on St. Patrick's Day.  If you're interested in participating, simply visit the first post of this thread.  There, you can find contact names and address information.  Letters can be as short or long as you'd like.  The main thing is to express your desire for season 8 and how much you enjoy the show.  If you're an on the go/busy type person, please make use of our pre-made Great8Mandate stationary and simply mail your letter on the 17th.  Include a St. Patrick's Day sticker if you have one ... or drawn a clover on your envelope ... a little luck of the Irish might do us good.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #610 on: March 12, 2007, 03:33:53 pm »

I'll start writing a letter now. I really need to think about what I'm going to say though. I will also get a sticker or something for St. Patrick's Day.

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #611 on: March 12, 2007, 03:40:50 pm »

It pretty much sounds like it's all in Alexis's hands.  Everyone else is signed on (at least that's the rumor) but her (yet).

No Alexis = no show.

I'm fairly certain that Alexis used to be represented by Michael Flutie of "Michael Flutie's Office - Talent Brand Managment" aka Flutie Entertainment.  However, I don't know how current that is. 

Anyone know otherwise?

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
conradv
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #612 on: March 12, 2007, 03:46:07 pm »

No Alexis = no show.

I'm fairly certain that Alexis used to be represented by Michael Flutie of "Michael Flutie's Office - Talent Brand Managment" aka Flutie Entertainment.  However, I don't know how current that is. 

Anyone know otherwise?

~Heidi

According to TV.com, it's Flutie.

Another web site dated 2001, shows Flutie and this address:

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
270 Lafayette Street
Suite 1400
New York, NY 10012

I also found this one:

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
9300 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite #333
Beverley Hills, CA 90212
USA

I notice you have the first address on page one, I'm unsure of the validity of the other.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 03:52:25 pm by conradv » Logged

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #613 on: March 12, 2007, 03:56:55 pm »

If we can find out if Mr. Flutie definitely still represents Alexis, I think I've found an e-mail address for him.  But I don't want to start having fans e-mail him unless we know he's still in the picture ...

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
conradv
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #614 on: March 12, 2007, 04:03:59 pm »

If we can find out if Mr. Flutie definitely still represents Alexis, I think I've found an e-mail address for him.  But I don't want to start having fans e-mail him unless we know he's still in the picture ...

~Heidi

I can't find anything definitive. I wonder if the agency would even give that info out?  (probably not)

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: