The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 05:42:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733214 times)
FlyGrl0609
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: March 11, 2007, 05:17:59 pm »

Yippe!  I was signature 100 on the S8 petition and like 1000 something on the Alexis one!

WooHoo! I was number 1241 on the Alexis petition. I had signed the other one before! Smiley

June: Rule #1 Don't propose to a girl on a bus.

~~~Headliner & Java Junkie all the way!~~~
iluvgilmoregirls!
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 11, 2007, 05:40:14 pm »

I was like 1108 on the Alexis one and like 94th on the season 8 one! I hope we can get more!! Grin
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

I'm Trish! LUKE*<3*LORELAI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #587 on: March 11, 2007, 06:28:30 pm »

Well, this isn't great8mandate realated, but I was googleing "Lorelai and Coffee" and I found this website and it's totally cute!
http://www.angelfire.com/poetry/lukeandlor/

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 11, 2007, 06:47:49 pm »

Yippe!  I was signature 100 on the S8 petition and like 1000 something on the Alexis one!

WooHoo! I was number 1241 on the Alexis petition. I had signed the other one before! Smiley

1244 - that's me! I had signed the other one as well! It's amazing how fast the Alexis petition must be getting out and about!

Keep up the excellent work everyone! Gilmore Girls forever!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #589 on: March 11, 2007, 07:22:47 pm »

I just had this thought about two seconds ago, so I haven't yet really hashed out the details.  Feel free to tell me if you think it's a good or bad idea.  I can take it. Wink

What does everyone think about picking a day in the near future to 'get the word out'?  I'm envisioning something along the lines of choosing a certain day and asking Great8Mandate participants to mail/e-mail letters of support on that day.  Tons and tons of letters sent on one day. 

We can pick any day we want ... but I was wondering if St. Patrick's Day would work well.  It's far enough off in that we have a week to prepare, yet is close enough so that letters can arrive at their destinations with enough time to make a difference.  Plus, I figure that it wouldn't hurt to have the luck of the Irish on our side.  For people who mail phsyical letters, maybe we can add four leaf clover stickers or something of that sort?  Can anyone think of any Gilmore/St. Patrick's Day tie-ins?

Please let me know what you think.  Again, I'm just tossing ideas out there.  We want to keep things moving forward.  No one ever got what they wanted by sitting around doing nothing. Clover

~Heidi
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 08:02:49 pm by Heidi » Logged

Flame    Flame
lorelai614
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 11, 2007, 07:43:43 pm »

thats a really good idea! that way a lot of letters would arrive all on one day, basically. i will try to think of gilmore girl/st. patricks day related things. i am excited  Cheesy Cheesy

wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 11, 2007, 07:57:57 pm »

Can anyone think of any Gilmore/St. Patrick's Day tie-ins?

~Heidi

Just that Lauren Graham's 40th birthday (a big milestone) is March 16th -- the day before St. Patrick's Day.  Also, Lauren is very Irish.  Great idea, Heidi!  Smiley

Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 77

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 11, 2007, 08:44:00 pm »

Yeah that's exactly what I was thinking.
What better way to celebrate her birthday/heritage than keep her show alive?
What if everyone also included birthday wishes in their letters?
<3

<333 WATCH THIS--It'll change your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 .ONE LOVE.
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 11, 2007, 10:09:54 pm »

~Heidi

Just that Lauren Graham's 40th birthday (a big milestone) is March 16th -- the day before St. Patrick's Day. Also, Lauren is very Irish. Great idea, Heidi! Smiley

And Lauren also wears that tshirt when her and Rory come back from the european backpacking holiday that says "Everybody loves an Irish Girl"

I love this idea Heidi - count me in and let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Long live Gilmore Girls Hearts

Caryn  Kiss

Please read Forum Rules
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #594 on: March 11, 2007, 10:40:14 pm »

~Heidi

Just that Lauren Graham's 40th birthday (a big milestone) is March 16th -- the day before St. Patrick's Day. Also, Lauren is very Irish. Great idea, Heidi! Smiley

And Lauren also wears that tshirt when her and Rory come back from the european backpacking holiday that says "Everybody loves an Irish Girl"

I love this idea Heidi - count me in and let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Long live Gilmore Girls Hearts

Caryn  Kiss

Heidi goes to look for screencaps of said shirt. Clover

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 11, 2007, 10:45:36 pm »

Cool.  It's in Episode 1, Season 4 in the first 5 minutes Heidi.  I just watched it earlier today so it was fresh in my mind. Smiley

Please read Forum Rules
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #596 on: March 11, 2007, 11:49:53 pm »

The following is 'hot scoop' from E! Online's Kristin (it appeared in her Vine show).

"It's not looking good for an 8th season of Gilmore Girls.  Sources tell me that show-runner David Rosenthal has been taking meetings with other studios, looking for a new job for next season and word is Alexis Bledel is saying she won't do another year and Lauren won't do it without her."

If you haven't already participated in the Great8Mandate, now is the time!  Simply read the first post of this thread for information on how you can help!

~Heidi Clover

Flame    Flame
L*F
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 93

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 12, 2007, 04:48:20 am »

oh man...they cant end it this season!if they end it this season they will have to rush things and that is not good...Lorelai and Luke need more time! and i want to see Rory's life after graduate.
well now i will for sure send another letter. i think that the idea of send tons of letters in one day is awesome Smiley
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 04:49:57 am by L*F » Logged

LORELAI: You know, I love watching you cook. It's hot.
LUKE: That's because you're standing right next to the broiler.
LORELAI: Oh, is that what we're calling it now?
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 12, 2007, 05:40:20 am »

Wahh!  Cry I'm trying not to give up hope, but our attempts are not making any progess it seems. Nothing new is happening and nothing is changing. Alexis doesn't want to do another season, and DR feels he is out of a job.

As for the IRISH thing, I'm a tad Irish myself. For Lauren's birthday we should do something Irishy/St. Patricks Day-se.  Clover Perhaps send her a bag of green (different shades) M&Ms with the words "Everybody loves a Gilmore Girl" on some and "Everybody loves an Irish Girl' on the others.  Clover Though, this isn't really BIG, which we need something HUGE to convince Alexis.
We need something BIG, something with  Pow Bam . Let's go!

(Oh, and guess who loves this Clover ... :raises hand.)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 05:41:52 am by Fantasy » Logged

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

I'm Trish! LUKE*<3*LORELAI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #599 on: March 12, 2007, 06:05:01 am »

I just had this thought about two seconds ago, so I haven't yet really hashed out the details.  Feel free to tell me if you think it's a good or bad idea.  I can take it. Wink

What does everyone think about picking a day in the near future to 'get the word out'?  I'm envisioning something along the lines of choosing a certain day and asking Great8Mandate participants to mail/e-mail letters of support on that day.  Tons and tons of letters sent on one day. 

We can pick any day we want ... but I was wondering if St. Patrick's Day would work well.  It's far enough off in that we have a week to prepare, yet is close enough so that letters can arrive at their destinations with enough time to make a difference.  Plus, I figure that it wouldn't hurt to have the luck of the Irish on our side.  For people who mail phsyical letters, maybe we can add four leaf clover stickers or something of that sort?  Can anyone think of any Gilmore/St. Patrick's Day tie-ins?

Please let me know what you think.  Again, I'm just tossing ideas out there.  We want to keep things moving forward.  No one ever got what they wanted by sitting around doing nothing. Clover

~Heidi
I think, that, yes, It's a good idea, but we may want to send them on the 16th, because some people will have left for vacation, (namely, me.) on the 17th.  And since the 16th is also Lauren's 40th birthday, so we could send birthday cards to her tellling how much we want an eighth season and wishing her a happy birthday and such. 
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 06:07:57 am by KrazyKutie318 » Logged

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: