The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 03:01:57 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733691 times)
yelnatslp
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: March 10, 2007, 06:03:38 pm »

so, this was posted on the4thlorelai:

"GILMORE WILL BE RETURNING FOR AN 8TH SEASON!
According to several members of a tour group from last week. Apparently the CW is "very, very excited about it".
However, no word on whether that means the whole cast will be returning."

-anyone know if this is true?
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: March 10, 2007, 06:22:32 pm »

I'm 100% behind the great 8 mandate. I write for 12 gilmore lovers who watch faithfully every tuesday. I myself own all six seasons! We rewatch the whole season each fall, complete with all the famous "gilmore treats".  Let us know what we can do!

Wow 12 of you that get together and have all the Gilmore fun - fantastic!!!   The best was you can help at the moment is to go to the first page of this thread and write to the addresses provided.  If you all write individually that will go along way to showing the kind of support out there for a further season.  Thanks for helping.  Long live Gilmore Girls Hearts

According to several members of a tour group from last week. Apparently the CW is "very, very excited about it".

There has been a lot of things positive and negative posted about the future of the show, however at this stage I would view it all as speculation.  Until we get the official word from the network our best avenue is to continue with the Great8Mandate campaign and let them know we are not going away. Smiley

Please read Forum Rules
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: March 10, 2007, 06:27:23 pm »

My heart jumped with excitement and then sunk right back down when I read
"However, no word on whether that means the whole cast will be returning" Cry
I hope that most of it is true though Grin

There has been a lot of things positive and negative posted about the future of the show, however at this stage I would view it all as speculation.  Until we get the official word from the network our best avenue is to continue with the Great8Mandate campaign and let them know we are not going away. Smiley

Yea I agree, until we hear the official news of the show returning, I'm not going to get my hopes up too high. I will still keep them up half way though!!! Grin

It appears to me that the people we need to write to are mainly Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel. We need to WOW them with our 'smadness.' Heheh. (nice letter Ashley!!). I know someone around here sent them personalized M&Ms, but maybe we should send something non-edible. I am nto a creative person so I myself have no ideas, but maybe some of you brilliant folks could think of something. I sent them both letters, as I cannot stand to see the bestest show on TV go down the drains. We need quotes from Gilmore that could relate to this matter, which I have seen many people showing. Just a thought that we could all try and get our creative juices flowing. And FAST!!  Roll Eyes Sorry if that sounds demanding but I'm just upset. Over some spoilers I've read and some things concerning the end of a great show.  Sad

I DEFINITLY LIKE YOUR IDEA I THINK SOMETHING CREATIVE/DIFFERENT WILL REALLY GET THEIR ATTENTION ESPECIALLY IF IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE SHOW! MAYBE EVERYONE SHOULD CUT OUT A HOROSCOPE FROM THE PAPER AND HAND WRITE SOMETHING LIKE YOU WILL GET THOUSANDS OF LETTERS/EMAILS GIVE US AN 8TH SEASON AND WE WILL GO AWAY. THEN MAIL IT TO THEM. IDK JUST A THOUGHT!

GILMORE GIRLS FOREVER!!

Thats a really great idea (horoscope) I might do something like that!

I definately think we should get creative with quotes and things that has happened on the show, really try to relate anything Gilmore to our letters to show how much we love and obsess over this show. They may not remember certain quotes and such but we should definately trying! Maybe put a little explination somewhere on the quote!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 06:29:16 pm by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
urbersadboutgg
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: March 10, 2007, 06:49:08 pm »

Maybe we should...  IDK i like the horoscope idea.
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: March 10, 2007, 06:52:45 pm »

I am really fond of the plot related ideas like the horoscope and I loved the smad letter. I think these are great ideas! It shows just how much we love the Gilmore Girls in detail. Maybe we should send those horoscopes to Alexis and Lauren as it seems to be the girls that are holding up negotiations. We should cover WB in post it notes with the mandate details on it or with 'Oy with the suspense already' on them, lol.

I have spent some time lately on Yahoo Answers where people are asking Season 8 related questions and I am using my best Saleswoman techniques to push them to come here and write letters, I dont know if its working but I got myself a 'Best Answer' vote (Yahoo Answers version of a pretty stick) for being so gosh darn helpful! There have to be more places like this that we can spread the word to get more civilians behind the cause rather than expecting a small few to do all the letter writing work. Anyone know a good hack? (sorry I was watching Hackers the other day) We could take over some prime websites and tell the world all about the Great8Mandate.

Well this is getting a bit nun on a bike (virgin on the rediculous) so I better stop before the FBI come in and get me.

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: March 10, 2007, 06:59:51 pm »

Well this is getting a bit nun on a bike (virgin on the rediculous) so I better stop before the FBI come in and get me.

B xxx

LOL Heh well with material like that you should never stop hun!!! Grin  Great job with the Yahoo Answers stuff and I agree if anybody can think of anywhere else to target audience members let us know here.

Please read Forum Rules
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

I'm Trish! LUKE*<3*LORELAI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #576 on: March 10, 2007, 07:27:23 pm »

I am really fond of the plot related ideas like the horoscope and I loved the smad letter. I think these are great ideas! It shows just how much we love the Gilmore Girls in detail. Maybe we should send those horoscopes to Alexis and Lauren as it seems to be the girls that are holding up negotiations. We should cover WB in post it notes with the mandate details on it or with 'Oy with the suspense already' on them, lol.

I have spent some time lately on Yahoo Answers where people are asking Season 8 related questions and I am using my best Saleswoman techniques to push them to come here and write letters, I dont know if its working but I got myself a 'Best Answer' vote (Yahoo Answers version of a pretty stick) for being so gosh darn helpful! There have to be more places like this that we can spread the word to get more civilians behind the cause rather than expecting a small few to do all the letter writing work. Anyone know a good hack? (sorry I was watching Hackers the other day) We could take over some prime websites and tell the world all about the Great8Mandate.

B xxx
I like the plot similaritys and the horoscope idea, and I'll advertise the Great8Mandate on my blog, (click the little globe under my name to view).  I think for the similaritys to the script of past episodes would need to be directed more towards the cast/crew members, because they would be more likely to recognize it.  i mean, the CW has a TON of different shows, and they probly can't memorize the script to every one.  And I LOVE the horoscope idea!  I think I'll send a letters to some of the cast members that say  "You will get a letter from an annoying fan today.  Give her and eighth season and she'll go away" or something to that effect.  Short, sweet, and to the point!  Grin

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
zgilmorefan
Inn Manager

Community Points: 450

View Profile WWW
« Reply #577 on: March 10, 2007, 07:52:02 pm »

I have to sat that i 100% support this great8mandate...
i'll do whatever i can to help!!!!!
i'm going to put things up in my myspace blog...
and tell my friends who are gg fans about it so they can try to help!!!!!

ILY shelby, mel, livie, magz, amber, spence, grace, ines, rory
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: March 10, 2007, 08:18:38 pm »

So does anyone know who is behind gilmoregirlsnews.com? They have Copperbooms 'I support Gilmore Girls' icon on the page but I cant seem to find mention of the Great8Mandate there. Is it an .orger's site?
Either way, I did my bit and told them all to come here and play with us, lol. I also left a similar note in the IMDB forum Smiley

Edit: Hey SassyPaws! Are you the SassyPaws quoted on the gilmoregirlsnews.com website?Huh
« Last Edit: March 10, 2007, 08:46:36 pm by QweenB » Logged

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
SassyPaws
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: March 10, 2007, 08:46:21 pm »

More positive news from My Friend at GG:

"We do hear good things about the negotiations for the girls. No details but the winds have indeed shifted. Fingers crossed."
SassyPaws
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: March 10, 2007, 10:18:38 pm »

Edit: Hey SassyPaws! Are you the SassyPaws quoted on the gilmoregirlsnews.com website?Huh

I think I must be since I posted that message on some of the forums like Great8Mandate (and a few others).   I didn't even know about gilmoregirlsnews.com.  Thank you for letting me know about it. 

I guess I have had my 15 minutes of fame.
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #581 on: March 11, 2007, 07:40:32 am »

What if a peition was started on here. One that everyone could sign with names and addresses and the such and then we could send that to all the bigwigs? I'm sure that there would be hundreds of thousands of signatures. Does anyone think that this could make an impact?

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

iluvgilmoregirls!

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 11, 2007, 08:07:57 am »

I think it could. Did you see the website you can go to on here and sign a peition to Alexis Beldel it is on one of these pages.
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 11, 2007, 10:57:01 am »

What if a peition was started on here. One that everyone could sign with names and addresses and the such and then we could send that to all the bigwigs? I'm sure that there would be hundreds of thousands of signatures. Does anyone think that this could make an impact?

I dont know how affective petitions are but they can't hurt right?

So here are 2 petitions for you, 1 for a season 8 in general and 1 to Alexis for a season 8

Petition to Alexis
Petition for more then 7 seasons

I'm signature 139 on the Alexis petition and 57 on the S8 petition
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 10:59:03 am by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

I'm Trish! LUKE*<3*LORELAI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #584 on: March 11, 2007, 03:35:06 pm »

Yippe!  I was signature 100 on the S8 petition and like 1000 something on the Alexis one!

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: