The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2017, 09:42:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1762565 times)
SassyPaws
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #555 on: March 09, 2007, 04:20:38 pm »

I have some really great news! I just heard from My Friend at GG who sent me the following information:

"SP is now finalizing a deal with Warner Bros. TV to return for an 8th season. An 8th season, overall, looks more and more likely."
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #556 on: March 09, 2007, 04:22:34 pm »

I have some really great news! I just heard from My Friend at GG who sent me the following information:

"SP is now finalizing a deal with Warner Bros. TV to return for an 8th season. An 8th season, overall, looks more and more likely."

Now let us know when there's news of Alexis...  Wink

thanks for the update!

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #557 on: March 09, 2007, 06:14:46 pm »

Well this definately gives me hope Sassypaws, but I refuse to rest until we hear that big announcement from the network.  Thanks for the update and keep them coming please Smiley

Long live Gilmore Girls  Hearts

Please read Forum Rules
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

I'm Trish! LUKE*<3*LORELAI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #558 on: March 09, 2007, 07:51:28 pm »

I sent a letter to T.V. Guide, here it is:
Dear T.V. Guide:
Have you ever had a had a day where no matter how hard you try you just can't seem to pay attention to anything because you are so excited for a new season or episode of your favorite show?  Have you ever had a really bad day, and you go home feeling like nothing went right, and then you sit down to watch your favorite T.V. show, and all the horrible feeling just go away?  It's a wonderful feeling, isn't it?  Every tuesday at 7:00 PM, I turn to the CW, and I feel that way. 
One of my absolute favorite T.V. shows, Gilmore Girls, is in great danger of being canceled.  It would be a terrible loss for this wonderful T.V. show to go off the air after it's 7th season.  I don't know about anyone else, but I would be very distraught if it was canceled.  Please go to www.gilmoregirls.org and click Great8Mandate to find out what YOU can do to help work towards another season of Gilmore Girls.  Thank-You!

Sincerely,
Tricia Richards

Phone: 

E-Mail:

Snail Mail*:
*Please refrain contacting me through snail mail, do not send advertisements, and DO NOT give this contact information to any other companies. 

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

View Profile WWW
« Reply #559 on: March 09, 2007, 08:18:23 pm »

I have offically emailed everyone on the email list.  If I can be of anymore assistance, AIM me KrazyKutie318, or email me at [email protected]
Thx!

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
lukenlorelai4ever5
Town Resident

Don't stop believin' in a season 8!

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: March 09, 2007, 09:31:29 pm »

Well, I just joined up to the mandate so I will try to write to one of these addresses in the near future!  I did it for Everwood last year, but it didn't work.  Hopefully it will this year! 

Lorelai Gilmore: Where are you?
Luke Danes: Oh, I'm about an hour from 'If I lived here I'd blow my brains out.'
Lorelai Gilmore: Oh, I heard it's nice there this time of year.

J.J.
Noddie

Fav shows:
This 'n' Ugly Betty
emma_is
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: March 10, 2007, 04:00:44 am »

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

Yay Save Gilmore Girls

Best show ever

Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley

PinkyT
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: March 10, 2007, 07:58:58 am »

Who is SP?  Sherman-Palladino?  Can that be so?  And who is your source?  PLEASE can you tell us how legitimate this is??? I just saw something on E Weekend News saying that GG was not coming back and I am sick!!!!!!!!!!!

Now let us know when there's news of Alexis... Wink

thanks for the update!
FlyGrl0609
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: March 10, 2007, 08:37:58 am »

Who is SP?  Sherman-Palladino?  Can that be so?  And who is your source?  PLEASE can you tell us how legitimate this is??? I just saw something on E Weekend News saying that GG was not coming back and I am sick!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the update!

SP is Scott Patterson

I had an idea the other night but I don't know how plausable it is. What about taking an add out in the LA Times or Variety or some other trade paper. Just a half a page saying how much we love GG and hope it comes back. I know it might be expensive but i for one would be willing to donate to that. Any thoughts?

June: Rule #1 Don't propose to a girl on a bus.

~~~Headliner & Java Junkie all the way!~~~
Copperboom88
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

Rory+Jess=Perfection

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: March 10, 2007, 10:08:10 am »

Just sent a short but sweet e-mail and hopefully every letter will help.  Nod 

Copperboom baby!! Smiley

pics by tabbycat!
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

View Profile WWW
« Reply #565 on: March 10, 2007, 10:31:41 am »

thanks for the update!

SP is Scott Patterson

I had an idea the other night but I don't know how plausable it is. What about taking an add out in the LA Times or Variety or some other trade paper. Just a half a page saying how much we love GG and hope it comes back. I know it might be expensive but i for one would be willing to donate to that. Any thoughts?

I think it would be possible, but very costly.  I think, if we could get enough people to donate, we may be able to get a small-ish add in the middle of the entertainment section.  Nothing too big, just a bit on why it should get an eighth season, and info about the Great8Mandate.  Concidering how much it is to get an engagement announcement, something like this is gonna cost a very pretty penny.  Accually more like a pretty quarter, but whatever.  Grin 
I'd be willing to donate, but concidering my age, 13, it would have to be a small check through snail-mail.  But, I'll do whatever I can to help.

iluvgilmoregirls!
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: March 10, 2007, 10:59:22 am »

I think it is a great idea let me know what i can do. We need an 8th season of Gilmore girls otherwise i will go nuts!!!
Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: March 10, 2007, 02:38:00 pm »

Does anyone of you know who the AGENT of AB is??? I have the impression that she might ignore what we are doing since she has to focus on somebody really reliable (she is quite young, right?) to advise her - this would be her agent?
So, maybe THAT's the person we should send letters to?

Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

lorelai614
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: March 10, 2007, 04:07:21 pm »

thanks for the update!

SP is Scott Patterson

I think it would be possible, but very costly. I think, if we could get enough people to donate, we may be able to get a small-ish add in the middle of the entertainment section. Nothing too big, just a bit on why it should get an eighth season, and info about the Great8Mandate. Concidering how much it is to get an engagement announcement, something like this is gonna cost a very pretty penny. Accually more like a pretty quarter, but whatever. Grin
I'd be willing to donate, but concidering my age, 13, it would have to be a small check through snail-mail. But, I'll do whatever I can to help.

yeah that would be a good idea, but you are right about the cost. it might be cheaper if we just took out many ads in different, smaller papers around the country, or where ever people may live maybe? probably wouldnt work, but just thinking...

dianne1
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: March 10, 2007, 05:58:20 pm »

I'm 100% behind the great 8 mandate. I write for 12 gilmore lovers who watch faithfully every tuesday. I myself own all six seasons! We rewatch the whole season each fall, complete with all the famous "gilmore treats".  Let us know what we can do!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: