The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 05:47:40 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1730611 times)
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: March 08, 2007, 04:01:19 pm »

On page 11 of the March12-18 TV Guide, Stephen Battaglio has a section of Endangered Shows.   I tried to find it online, but my patience wore out.  I'm just going type the part mentioning OUR show.

"The CW > It's goodbye to Gilmore Girls unless stars Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel decide to sign on for another seaon.  Veronica Mars will likely solve her final case this spring.  If 7th Heaven doesn't get canceled, you'll know that the CW's slate of potential new series must be lousy."

Now, the TV Guide always prints feedback questions/comments about anything written.  I think we should all flood their email box about our fight to keep the best CW show on the air.  Even Battaglio admits that if GG, as well as these other shows are lost the potential of the network holding together is slim. 

[email protected]
Also it asks for you to include your name, address and phone number.

What do you guys think?

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 08, 2007, 04:10:37 pm »

On page 11 of the March12-18 TV Guide, Stephen Battaglio has a section of Endangered Shows.   I tried to find it online, but my patience wore out.  I'm just going type the part mentioning OUR show.

"The CW > It's goodbye to Gilmore Girls unless stars Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel decide to sign on for another seaon.  Veronica Mars will likely solve her final case this spring.  If 7th Heaven doesn't get canceled, you'll know that the CW's slate of potential new series must be lousy."

Now, the TV Guide always prints feedback questions/comments about anything written.  I think we should all flood their email box about our fight to keep the best CW show on the air.  Even Battaglio admits that if GG, as well as these other shows are lost the potential of the network holding together is slim. 

[email protected]

What do you guys think?

Sounds good to me - email sent.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 08, 2007, 04:28:24 pm »

Ok, heres my letter that I am planning on sending to all the bigwig execs at the CW and for Gilmore Girls exclusively. I did it on the stationary.. let me know what you all think please!!!

Dear ______________,

After the Bracebridge Group is snowed in many seasons ago, Sookie says “That makes me so mad and so sad. I’m Smad!” I thought back to the episode because right now, I am very smad. The possible end to a show that is so much more than a show to so many people just seems ridiculous. I would like to say first that I am a member of an online forum, www.gilmoregirls.org. Visited by thousands of members daily, this forum has come up with what is labeled “The Great8Mandate”.  I will tell you that because I am so smad I will be sharing with you my own personal feelings about the possibility of the ending of the Gilmore era.
      For seven years now, I have watched the Girls every Tuesday night without fail. I have never missed a single episode and can’t imagine never being able to watch again ( except through syndication and of course dvds).
      Though I love all of the characters and have come to think of each and every one of them as friends, I feel as though I have a unique fondness for Rory. At 21 years old, I feel as though Rory and I have grown up together and I have watched her deal with many of the same issues that I myself have experienced. I look to her for guidance. Rory, as a character, has what I would consider the strongest moral stamina of any character on television. Her character inspires me to try to do well in school (FAU) as well as to try to do good in my community. Her actions encourage me to try to live my life with the same zest and conviction as she does. As I move forward into the next phase of my life, and am about to graduate college, I want to be able to look to Rory for more guidance. We have all watched her grow into a beautiful woman and watched her work very hard to get where she is, it would be an awful shame ot not allow her devoted fans to see where her hard works carries her.
      We have watched Lorelai and Rory deal with many struggles and many broken hearts, though I am sure you would conclude the show in a positive manner we, as devoted, loyal viewers deserve to see them live out their happiness and their dreams at least for a season. I know that Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel are not required to do another season due to contracts, but I think that it should be relayed to them how much their fans want this, and I think that as the people in charge, you should do whatever is feasibly possible to make this happen.
      Without my weekly Gilmore, as Michel once said, “I [will] feel like crap on toast!” Please take my emotions, as well as those of the millions of other fans into consideration when making your decisions. I think that the end of Gilmore Girls would make not only myself, but Sookie and millions of other smad. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Ashley Rohlfing

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 08, 2007, 04:42:40 pm »

Ooh, loving the letter! we have to keep fighting! we will get our 8th season! just keep hopes high...but not too high lol. keep up the good work everyone!

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
gilly girl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

Emma Baby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #544 on: March 08, 2007, 06:53:41 pm »

just want peeps to know, i sent my concerns to dawn, something or other.  Pretty please do the same all my homies. Grin
gilmore_fan84
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

Javie Junkie

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 08, 2007, 07:43:44 pm »

I thought of something while watching this week's episode 'Gilmore Girls Only'. I've read that there is some question as to how far the plot can go after the 7th season. Mostly, they question Rory graduating. I've always thought that they could show her being a journalist, that there is much more to explore after graduating. This quote from the show says it all:
(not exact quote, sorry!)

RORY: What happens after I graduate?
LORELAI: That's when the party begins!

Maybe someone could include this in their letter? Something like, "Even Lorelai knows there's more story there that we have to explore..."

Just an idea...go Season 8!

Mara
Diner Regular

Community Points: 25

"I'm the perfect storm of caffeine and genetics."

View Profile WWW
« Reply #546 on: March 08, 2007, 11:10:18 pm »

Hi there ...

I had a bad pc virus and I desperately need someone to catch me up ... did something happen ? Did we get some acknowledgement or something ?

@ gilmore_fan84
I thought of something while watching this week's episode 'Gilmore Girls Only'. I've read that there is some question as to how far the plot can go after the 7th season. Mostly, they question Rory graduating. I've always thought that they could show her being a journalist, that there is much more to explore after graduating. This quote from the show says it all:
(not exact quote, sorry!)

RORY: What happens after I graduate?
LORELAI: That's when the party begins!

Maybe someone could include this in their letter? Something like, "Even Lorelai knows there's more story there that we have to explore..."

Just an idea...go Season 8!
Done  Wink. I was just searching for something like that for my letters.[/color]

« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 11:12:26 pm by Mara » Logged

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #547 on: March 08, 2007, 11:26:53 pm »

I'm not sure how reliable this is but this was posted at fan forum, I got it from our spoiler page thanks to gilmoregirlfan4:

Hey everyone, Sarah and Jason in LA here!

We did a tour this afternoon, and got some WONDERFUL news! SPOILER: GG is returning for an 8th season, and we were told that the WB and the CW are both "very, very excited abut it". Sounds to us like that means all the cast will return.

Doing another tour in the morning, hope to have more to share then.

http://www.fanforum.com/14350906-post258.html

In light of recent news, I decided to e-mail an old acquaintance who is also a WB tour guide.  I explained that the Gilmore community heard through the grapevine that a fellow tour guide was confirming season 8.  The following is what my friend had to say ...

"I think the tour guide is saying that out of wishful thinking. There has been no "official" word on an 8th season. We all are hoping, big time, but nothing is for sure yet."

Please note that I'm not trying to discount or disprove the original FanForum user who posted the season 8 news.  (I do believe that she/he was indeed told such news.)  I'm just trying to collect as much information as possible. 

Keep on trucking my friends.  Great8Mandate or bust.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
nevaeh11084
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

"I just...like to see you happy"

View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 09, 2007, 05:16:49 am »

Ok, heres my letter that I am planning on sending to all the bigwig execs at the CW and for Gilmore Girls exclusively. I did it on the stationary.. let me know what you all think please!!!

Dear ______________,

After the Bracebridge Group is snowed in many seasons ago, Sookie says “That makes me so mad and so sad. I’m Smad!” I thought back to the episode because right now, I am very smad. The possible end to a show that is so much more than a show to so many people just seems ridiculous. I would like to say first that I am a member of an online forum, www.gilmoregirls.org. Visited by thousands of members daily, this forum has come up with what is labeled “The Great8Mandate”.  I will tell you that because I am so smad I will be sharing with you my own personal feelings about the possibility of the ending of the Gilmore era.
      For seven years now, I have watched the Girls every Tuesday night without fail. I have never missed a single episode and can’t imagine never being able to watch again ( except through syndication and of course dvds).
      Though I love all of the characters and have come to think of each and every one of them as friends, I feel as though I have a unique fondness for Rory. At 21 years old, I feel as though Rory and I have grown up together and I have watched her deal with many of the same issues that I myself have experienced. I look to her for guidance. Rory, as a character, has what I would consider the strongest moral stamina of any character on television. Her character inspires me to try to do well in school (FAU) as well as to try to do good in my community. Her actions encourage me to try to live my life with the same zest and conviction as she does. As I move forward into the next phase of my life, and am about to graduate college, I want to be able to look to Rory for more guidance. We have all watched her grow into a beautiful woman and watched her work very hard to get where she is, it would be an awful shame ot not allow her devoted fans to see where her hard works carries her.
      We have watched Lorelai and Rory deal with many struggles and many broken hearts, though I am sure you would conclude the show in a positive manner we, as devoted, loyal viewers deserve to see them live out their happiness and their dreams at least for a season. I know that Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel are not required to do another season due to contracts, but I think that it should be relayed to them how much their fans want this, and I think that as the people in charge, you should do whatever is feasibly possible to make this happen.
      Without my weekly Gilmore, as Michel once said, “I [will] feel like crap on toast!” Please take my emotions, as well as those of the millions of other fans into consideration when making your decisions. I think that the end of Gilmore Girls would make not only myself, but Sookie and millions of other smad. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Ashley Rohlfing

i love the letter!! great job!! anyone know any other email address?? i work 7 days a week and emails are a lot easier for me to write i have already written each one on here at least once and tomorrow i plan on writing them again. {i have alos written alexis a letter}.

<3 JavaJunkie
Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 09, 2007, 07:30:40 am »

Just read the following at the FanForum:

(quote)

OK, Just some clarification on a few things....

[...]

Also, I asked a different person for confirmation of the S8 news we had gotten the day before on tour. This person said that they hadn't heard anything official yet, but that he had spoken with Matt Czuchry (yes, this is where I giggled and went all fangirly that the person I talked to had even talked to Matt ) a few days ago, and that he said that everyone "was in", they were just waiting on the TWO girls.

However, the guy admitted it was a few days ago, and that our news was later. When I told him I had heard it from a different person, he wasn't surprised, and said it's probably true, he just hadn't heard it confirmed himself yet.

(unquote)

There is the link: http://www.fanforum.com/f15/gilmore-girls-s-s-176-yes-no-thats-question-62793750/index9.html

That HAS something, hasn't it? ? ? ?   Now - more letters to LG and AB! ! ! ! ! !  Come on!

We will make this! ! ! ! !

UmustBe
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 32

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 09, 2007, 08:07:55 am »

I totally support an eighth season! Let me know if i can do anything

ELIZABETH ♥
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 09, 2007, 08:10:02 am »

It appears to me that the people we need to write to are mainly Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel. We need to WOW them with our 'smadness.' Heheh. (nice letter Ashley!!). I know someone around here sent them personalized M&Ms, but maybe we should send something non-edible. I am nto a creative person so I myself have no ideas, but maybe some of you brilliant folks could think of something. I sent them both letters, as I cannot stand to see the bestest show on TV go down the drains. We need quotes from Gilmore that could relate to this matter, which I have seen many people showing. Just a thought that we could all try and get our creative juices flowing. And FAST!!  Roll Eyes Sorry if that sounds demanding but I'm just upset. Over some spoilers I've read and some things concerning the end of a great show.  Sad

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
nevaeh11084
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 09, 2007, 08:45:49 am »

It appears to me that the people we need to write to are mainly Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel. We need to WOW them with our 'smadness.' Heheh. (nice letter Ashley!!). I know someone around here sent them personalized M&Ms, but maybe we should send something non-edible. I am nto a creative person so I myself have no ideas, but maybe some of you brilliant folks could think of something. I sent them both letters, as I cannot stand to see the bestest show on TV go down the drains. We need quotes from Gilmore that could relate to this matter, which I have seen many people showing. Just a thought that we could all try and get our creative juices flowing. And FAST!!  Roll Eyes Sorry if that sounds demanding but I'm just upset. Over some spoilers I've read and some things concerning the end of a great show.  Sad

I DEFINITLY LIKE YOUR IDEA I THINK SOMETHING CREATIVE/DIFFERENT WILL REALLY GET THEIR ATTENTION ESPECIALLY IF IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE SHOW! MAYBE EVERYONE SHOULD CUT OUT A HOROSCOPE FROM THE PAPER AND HAND WRITE SOMETHING LIKE YOU WILL GET THOUSANDS OF LETTERS/EMAILS GIVE US AN 8TH SEASON AND WE WILL GO AWAY. THEN MAIL IT TO THEM. IDK JUST A THOUGHT!

GILMORE GIRLS FOREVER!!

<3 JavaJunkie
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 09, 2007, 08:46:42 am »

[email protected]

What do you guys think?

Found the article, it’s here: http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/The-Biz/default.aspx?posting={214844C1-FBDF-408D-9802-1B016ACEF9E6}.  I thought there may be a way (similar to Ask Ausiello) where we could respond right online but I’m not finding anything like that for him.  I sent my e-mail Smiley
Copperboom88
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

Rory+Jess=Perfection

View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 09, 2007, 11:39:27 am »

must have season 8 people!! if not then i will surely die, its true. jk

Copperboom baby!! Smiley

pics by tabbycat!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: