The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 04:51:43 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732583 times)
lorelai614
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #510 on: March 06, 2007, 12:58:37 pm »

And i just sent some more e-mails today.

x_ch0c0
Inn Chef

Community Points: 492

xxx Pri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #511 on: March 06, 2007, 02:07:01 pm »

Lookie what I found!

From Zoe in Alaska: Kristin, it would be great if you could tell people about our Gilmore Girls Great 8 Mandate. We're working to get an eighth season for Gilmore Girls. Can you spread the word?
Of course, here's the link! The word is out, thanks to you. By the way, if you want to root for another season of your favorite on-the-bubble shows, hold tight just a little bit longer. We're launching the Seventh Annual Save One Show campaign very soon, and then you can represent to your heart's content.

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/blog/index.jsp?uuid=26135ba3-f2ac-47da-99db-f4bca49a77f4&page

||Never say good-bye, because good-bye means going away, and going away..means forgetting.||

Don't worry, I'm not forgetting. Smiley Bye bye, ORG.
LGLDandRGLH4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

It's over....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #512 on: March 06, 2007, 03:21:43 pm »

Here is a copy of the letter I'ive just wrote and plan on sending Alexis.

Dear Ms. Bledel,
I am writing to you as a concerned and dedicated fan of your show, Gilmore Girls. As you obviously know there is a very high chance that this will be the last season for the show. I am writing this letter as an attempt to save Gilmore Girls. We have been with your and Lauren Graham’s beloved characters through six, and now seven, glorious seasons. And I will not stand by and watch that come to an abrupt end with out a fight. I know a lot of it has to do with money issues and whether or not you think this is the right path for you to take. Pirhaps you think there are bigger, and better things out there waiting for you. And who knows? There may be. But I know for a fact that there are millions of people out there who need an 8th season. I am apart of a wonderful organization started by www.gilmoregirls.org called the Great8Mandate. Our sole task is to send letters to you and your co-stars and writers and producers and beg for an eigth season. For us, Gilmore Girls has become more than just something fun to sit down and watch every Tuesday night. It’s become almost like…. A passion, if you will. We no longer sit down every Tuesday at dinner and go, “Hey, Gilmore Girls is on tonight. I think if I get my work done I’ll tune in after I take a shower.”  It’s changed to waking up Tuesday mornings and going “It’s Tuesday! WHO KNOWS WHAT THAT MEANS?” while running around the house and the rest of your family going “Oh, god. She’s running around screaming again. There must be a new episode of Gilmore Girls on tonight.” We anticipate it and count the days and hours until we can turn on the TV and watch our two favorite people exchange witty banter and interact, and progress with their lives. We’ve been with you through it all. The thousand yellow daisies when Max proposed? We were there. The Chuppah that Luke built? We were there. When Jess left, Dean got married, and when you jumped seven stories with Logan. We where there. We where always there. And we will not and simply cannot go down with out a fight. We love you and your show too much. We’ve had seven seasons and cannot wait to see how season seven ends, but we feel that for all of the loose ends and untied strings we need more time to see the stories properly wrap up. You would be doing everyone a huge and miraculous deed if you would Please, Alexis, please, please, please… give us an eigth season. We all love you and the show too much to just give up.
Thank-you for taking the time to read this letter. I know you must be a very busy woman and have a lot of stuff to do.

Sincerely yours, Lauren Thomas, 14, one of many Great8Mandaters and one of millions of Gilmore Girls fans

I will always love Rory and Logan......

I can't believe it's over.

Gilmore Girls
11/5/2000 - 5/22/2007
           R.I.P

You will be missed,
But never forgotten.......
the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #513 on: March 06, 2007, 03:52:07 pm »

wow. i love the letter. there is a change i would make though, if it's not too late. when you are mentioning all the things that have happened over the season you said "...when you jumped seven stories with Logan" i think it would make more sense to put "...when rory jumped 7 stories with Logan" it make more sense that way...=)
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 06, 2007, 03:53:22 pm »

It scares me that we may only have SIX episode left of GG forever. But, you think that if that plan was to cancel they would've told us already...we'll see

omg i know!! SIX!!! its crazy Sad

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
whiffenpoof
Town Resident

Community Points: 24

Java Junkie- just keepin the F.A.I.T.H!

View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 06, 2007, 06:00:56 pm »

i am watching the new eppi, and are they tryig to get rory to move so that alexis bledel doesnt have to be on the show much??

Made by lukesgirl!

THANK GOODNESS FOR SOOKIES BUT!

"Kissed by the Lord mama"- Lane Kim

"Oy with the poodles already!"

"As long as everything is exactly the way I want it, I’m totally flexible"

HAMBURGER HATER!!!!
yelnatslp
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 06, 2007, 06:44:17 pm »

I'm new, but I started reading this thread yesterday and have read the whole thing...
I'm planning on starting my letter tonight, and two of my friends are also writing.
It's not too late to join the cause, right?
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #517 on: March 06, 2007, 07:24:39 pm »

I'm new, but I started reading this thread yesterday and have read the whole thing...
I'm planning on starting my letter tonight, and two of my friends are also writing.
It's not too late to join the cause, right?

It's definitely not too late!  Thank you so much for taking up our cause!

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
monkeybaby
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile WWW
« Reply #518 on: March 06, 2007, 07:25:11 pm »

oh my god, I will help any way that I freaking can! I love this show so much. It can't end!!  Cry

Rory: Do something to make me hate you!
Lorelai: Go Hitler?
kristylu27
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 06, 2007, 08:19:12 pm »

I am hoping so much for another season of our favorite Girls!
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 06, 2007, 08:48:21 pm »

Well, despite the articles posted above, we can't give up now, fellow GG fans!! If you're wanting to help, see the first post to this thread for addresses and other ways to support the Great8Mandate! Smiley The more the merrier!

How much is too much? By that I mean, if we've sent a letter to someone or an e-mail to an address, do we send another one or would that be taken as being 'annoying' or 'harassing'? I don't want to be either of the two. And there is such thing as over doing it I would think, when it comes to these types of things. NOT overdoing it by having tons of people write for the cause...overdoing it by having the same person write again and again. I just thought I'd throw that out there because I feel so useless sometimes, because I've written to the address and posted a few links on forums and blogs...but I want to do more! However, I don't want to be shut out because they've seen my name come across before or my e-mail. Sometimes I think that one strong loud statement is better than a lot of repeating ones from one person. HOWEVER, I could be totally wrong. Let me know what you think.

I CAN SEE GILMORE GIRLS SEASON 8 AHEAD...just keep the hope alive!!! Smiley

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 07, 2007, 02:29:18 am »

oh my god, I will help any way that I freaking can! I love this show so much. It can't end!!  Cry
I am hoping so much for another season of our favorite Girls!

Hey guys, welcome and thanks for joining our great cause.  You can both help by going to the first post in this thread.  It has all the contact details to send letters of support for the show to.  The more we can get sent, the better our chances.

Long Live Gilmore Girls!!!

Please read Forum Rules
tj
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 07, 2007, 08:17:32 am »

I am new to the site but have been watching gilmore girls for ever i have all the dvd's and have se.en all the episodes millions of times i loe the show. I am 14 and from Brooklyn NY.   Wink
GilmoreGirlb52
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 07, 2007, 01:29:39 pm »

I'm going 2 write 2 everyone on that list. I would die if Lorelai and Luke did not get married by the end of the show!!!!!  Cry I love Gilmore Girls!  Grin

I Rock!!!!!!!!!! Lorelai and Luke!!!!!!!!! Down with Christopher!!!!!!!! Rory and Logan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SassyPaws
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 07, 2007, 02:01:31 pm »

Okay everyone, I have received some messages from "My Friend"(MF)  on the GG set regarding the season 8 negotiations but I have been a little hesitant to mention them because I don't want to give anyone false hope or screw up anything.

MF keeps telling me to relax because negotiations are ongoing and things are looking pretty good for an 8th season. My personal gut feeling (for what it is worth) is that the network and studio are really determined not to let this show go away but then what do I know?

MF went so far as to state that at this point he/she would place the odds at 4 to 1 in favor that the show and all cast members will return. I did attempt to get clarification on the definition of “all” but so far, nada.

I was not able to get MF to confirm or deny that Scott has accepted any other roles.

MF did share that there were several producers who are pursuing Scott and he appears to be really interested (at least at first). MF shared that at least one of the shows that is soliciting Scott is an established show on a much bigger network (but I couldn’t get MF to dish a name).

But MF recently overheard a conversation where SP admitted to being really flattered by all of the interest but his heart is still with GG.

Color me optimistic today!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: