The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 05:00:25 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732623 times)
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: March 03, 2007, 11:53:06 am »

I have just sent an email to Ms. Dawn Ostroff. I hope she gets back to me. I swear I am going to cry if we don't get a Season 8.  Cry

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
gilmoreren
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 36

Fairtrade Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 03, 2007, 12:08:21 pm »

Yes, I hope it so much. I didn't see season 7, because in Germany ends season 6   two weeks ago.

I'm so sorry for my horrible English, but I'm from Germany.  Roll Eyes

Nicht ein Problem! Lassen Sie uns während einer Jahreszeit 8 hoffen!

Was gonna say how impressed I was with your knowledge of foreign languages, conradv then saw a nod to babelfish. Ah, the great bamboozler itself.

Observe:
Things are definitely hotting up for gilmore girls fans with great8mandate in their sights...
To French
Les choses hotting certainement vers le haut pour des ventilateurs de filles de gilmore avec great8mandate dans leurs vues...
To German
Die Sachen hotting gewiß nach oben für Ventilatoren von Mädchen von gilmore mit great8mandate in ihren Ansichten...
Back to English
The things hotting certainly upward for fans of girls of gilmore with great8mandate in their opinions...

Things hotting certainly upward!!

Grin

You can have hours of fun with babel fish.

(p.s. - I WAS answering honestly to the posts. Absolutely no disrespect was meant in any way.)

For the record, I was amused not offended

--
I'm a C19 girl

Gilmoreren an aunty soon...
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #482 on: March 03, 2007, 02:14:16 pm »

The Great8Mandate is an initiative created by the brilliant folks at gilmoregirls.org

Aw, shucks, someone called us brilliant. Wink

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 03, 2007, 02:44:18 pm »

For the record, I was amused not offended

I kinda figured you were not, and I wanted the posters from outside the US to know - it's a tricky thing trying to be witty on a message board...   Grin

I never did hear back from my emails, but at least they're sent!

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: March 03, 2007, 05:27:08 pm »

This is a copy of the e-mail I sent to Dawn. I made it as real as I could... I didn't gloss over the bad parts of this season, I made that part of the reason why we need an 8th season.

"I would like to speak to you in regards to the television show Gilmore Girls. Gilmore Girls is a very unique and special show. Especially to fans like me, who share a common bond with my own mother. Even when my mother came developed Multiple Sclerosis, our relationship changed so that we could stay as close as we were before. We have certain TV shows that we always watch together like; “Whose Line Is It Anyway”, “Jay Leno,”, “Saturday Night Live” and especially “Conan O’Brien”. But also with movies starring Carry Grant, Doris Day, etc along with modern movies. Oddly enough I have yet to be able to pursue her enough to watch Gilmore Girls with me because she knows my grandmother likes that show… yeah that’s in common too. With all of that said, I feel as if Gilmore Girls is meant for me to watch.

When I heard that there has been some question on an 8th season, I immediately wanted to voice my thoughts on it. I’m taking part of Gilmoregirls.org’s Great8Mandate to contact people in hopes of giving some executives insight into the need for an 8th season.  Gilmore Girls is a show not only special to me but to millions of people who tune in every Tuesday to watch. There are fans like me out there who even choose Gilmore Girls over American Idol most of the time. Gilmore Girls has to be special to the newly formed CW as well. For as I see it the CW is not fairing as well as what was hoped and Gilmore Girls is one of the reasons why the CW is getting a better chance to prove it wrong. The only main problem that we the fans see is the writing of the show, which has dramatically changed since Amy Sherman and Dan Palladino left. As a matter a fact, Amy and Dan leaving the show where they did is part of the reason why this season is unsatisfactory compared to the previous season. I understand Dave Rothsendale has worked very hard to try and keep Gilmore Girls together however, the show still seemed to go in the wrong direction. With such things as; slow storylines, lame references/Gilmorisms, townies who appeared to be missing in action for many episodes, lack of humor, hard ranges of emotions for the actors to reach, bad camera shots which lessened the impact of the scenes, barely any music, barely any scenes between Lorelai and Rory, the horror of what was Lorelai/Chris’s marriage, the stupid gap between Lorelai and Luke, pathetic plot ploys to try and bring in ratings from commercials only to setup for disappointment, and so forth. Even with all of these faults us true fans have stuck through it because we still have faith that Gilmore Girls will be able to get itself back up to where it was supposed to be even before Amy and Dan left. However, this can’t happen by the end of this season.

There have been some MAJOR improvements from the past couple of episodes (7.11- 7.16) little by little things have been getting better. Now that the whole “Lorelai/Chris split up once and for all thing” there has been established this huge sense of relief has washed over me. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted and it brings me hope of Lorelai and Luke coming together. I am a big fan of those two and it is another important reason why I have been watching the show all through these years. The fact they have this big gap between them where they hardly speak to each other is one of the reasons why watching this season has been so hard. Now that they have a chance to be together the way the should’ve in the 6th season, the flow of it is compared to the speed of a turtle. I understand the writers don’t wish to rush into it and create a whirlwind, however at this rate they’ll never be where I always wished them to be by the end of this season. If they did it would seem too fake.

Now why would a fan like me send a letter with so many complaints and hope for another season? Good question. Because all the better to end the show with my dear. Seriously, with this season sucking so badly there’s very little chance the series will conclude with the kind of ending that this amazing series deserves. There won’t be enough closure and it won’t go out on top…. not even in the middle. There won’t be as many viewers as what would be. However, with an 8th season there is a chance for some real big changes. With the slow improvement by the writing staff, by the time shoots start for next season they should have the storylines straightened out and stronger than before. If they continue to think outside the box they can create better plots for Rory. Lorelai could get away from the way her character has been portrayed as weak and selfish, back onto being strong and caring for other people while not being afraid to speak her mind. Luke can go back to the good old grumpish Luke who is there for Lorelai with a sharp tongue. Who fights with Taylor and serves Lorelai coffee at his diner. What I’m eagerly excited to see more than anything else is a possible wedding and/or baby with Lorelai and Luke. God, just think of the ratings! I’m sure they would be the highest ratings of the past two years. It would be talked about for years to come and it would definitely end the series where we know for sure how things will turn out. It will go out with a bang. I could think of some great storylines for an 8th season right now. If I could right episodes for the show I would run right over. But I can’t and I have to rely on the real writers. 

Boy am I exhausted. I write more here than what I speak. Anyway, I write this letter because I hope that if this somehow helps to support the show then I just have to try it. Maybe if enough people send letters to the executives of the show then they would push for an 8th season even harder. After all it would just be for one more year. That’s it and the CW needs all the support it can get. "
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 05:32:11 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
snicklefritz

Community Points: 62

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: March 03, 2007, 06:52:18 pm »

hey does anyone listen to the tvguide podcast?

cause Michael Aussiello, when asked if he thought GG would come back for another season replied:  "I would think the odds are pretty good that it will back.. then he said he feels in his gut that it will be back, because there are too many people that want this show to come back, and usually when that happens the show comes back

...so he sounds pretty optimistic about an 8th season!

just thought i would share

ckiddings
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

I support a Gilmore Girls Movie!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #486 on: March 03, 2007, 07:13:13 pm »

cause Michael Aussiello, when asked if he thought GG would come back for another season replied:  "I would think the odds are pretty good that it will back.. then he said he feels in his gut that it will be back, because there are too many people that want this show to come back, and usually when that happens the show comes back

That is soooo awesome to hear! I am all smiles now....had a tough day....that was a nice little pick-me-up. Thanks Snicklefritz! Pretty Stick to you my friend! Embarrassed Smiley Grin Cheesy From frown to smile in 30 seconds. See what good can come from hanging out at Gilmore Girls.org
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 07:15:07 pm by ckiddings » Logged

snicklefritz

Community Points: 62

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: March 03, 2007, 07:16:58 pm »

Glad I could share that good info with you... and cheer you up! Smiley

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: March 03, 2007, 08:42:40 pm »

That's awesome to hear, Snicklefritz! You rock!! But, that doesn't mean that we can ease up on our efforts!! We've got to keep on with the fight, fellow Gilmore Girls fans! Knowing that there's hope, gives a great feeling, and means we must fight even harder to keep that hope and gut feeling alive!! We can do this! We are brilliant, great, awesome people who are showing that it DOES make a difference for people to speak out about something that they strongly believe in and want to change...and that every voice does make a difference!! Thanks to Heidi and all the members of the ORG...Great8Mandate is sweeping the nation! Keep it up everyone! WE WILL SEE A SEASON 8!! Smiley Smiley

Off to go write some more letters and scope out some more ways to support the mandate!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 08:43:57 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 77

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: March 03, 2007, 09:55:42 pm »

For sure, we have to keep on fighting!
But I just want to remind everyone that although we are all freaking out about the fact that we only have until May 8.
We might be able to buy a little more time.
BECAUSE.

I know that 7th Heaven did in fact get cancelled.
It was already dead-gone-done.
The actors, directors and crew had moved on.
And then the network got thousands of angry letters from fans.
And what'ya know?
It bounced back for yet an 11th season!
So don't give up hope!
Keep up the effort and keep those letters coming!

xoxox
Jenny

<333 WATCH THIS--It'll change your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 .ONE LOVE.
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: March 03, 2007, 09:59:56 pm »

Wow, thanks for that info Snicklefritz!! 

and Jenny- yeah thats very true!! mackenzie rozman even like barely came on the show anymore and it still went for another season...well we ARE getting a new season!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK EVERYONE!

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
lorelai614
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: March 04, 2007, 05:51:30 am »

whew thank you for posting that Snicklefritz!
and yeah 7th heaven was cancelled and then came back! and dont forget that around the 5th or 6th season of friends, it was on the verge of being cancelled, but it went on for another another 5 or 4 seasons!
we just have to keep all of this stuff in mind  Smiley

Mona
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: March 04, 2007, 07:58:32 am »

I made in two German GG-Forums advertisement. I hope some of the people help us.
Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: March 04, 2007, 11:49:10 am »

I made in two German GG-Forums advertisement. I hope some of the people help us.

Hi Mona,

I think it would be great if people from Germany write letters and emails, too!!!! Have you also sent some? I finished my letters last week, I do hope it helps when the people in charge at CW and WB and especially Alexis Bledel get also mail from Europe.
I did spread the word, too, in several german boards (http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6630.msg287796#msg287796), so I hope, we finally covered some!  Wink Wink

Viele liebe Grüße aus Wien,
Billie

nevaeh11084
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

"I just...like to see you happy"

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: March 05, 2007, 06:34:53 am »

hey im new to this bored (i found out aboput it through the cw lounge) i wrote a couple emails already and anything you guys need me to do im in! just let me know!

"I just...like to see you happy"
<3 JavaJunkie
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: