The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2017, 12:43:31 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734885 times)
ckiddings
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

I support a Gilmore Girls Movie!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #465 on: March 02, 2007, 01:41:41 pm »

Awesome letter Lauren! Thanks for joing our efforts. By all means, send some more letters off. You could even alter this one slightly and send it off to Alexis Bledel and Lauren Graham! You Go Girl! Pretty Stick to you. Grin

Mona
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 02, 2007, 02:15:44 pm »

To German
Die Sachen hotting gewiß nach oben für Ventilatoren von Mädchen von gilmore mit great8mandate in ihren Ansichten...

Grin Do you know what you wrote? That's a funny translation.  Grin
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 02, 2007, 02:27:35 pm »

Here's a copy of the letter I just wrote to ms. Ostroff. I'm thinking about printing out a bunch and addressing them to different people.

Dear Ms. Ostroff,
Please Luke, Please, Please.... give us a Gilmore Girls Season 8! I am a part of the Gilmore Girls Great8Mandate, a campaign started by www.gilmoregirls.org. We are all in desperate need of an 8th season. The Gilmore Girls have become more than just a television show to me. They’ve become almost like friends, in a way. You get used to seeing them every week and dealing with what’s going on in their lives. I’ve been with our beloved girls through everything. I was there when Rory got into Chilton and when she graduated. I was there when that glorious moment came and Luke and Lorelai finally realized they had something. I was there with Rory when she was with Dean, Jess, and now Logan. I was present at Emily and Richard’s vows renual and have been to countless Friday Night Dinners. When Lorelai and Luke broke off their engagement, they shed tears. And I was crying with them. When Logan became Rory’s boyfriend she was extatic. I was extatic too. Ms. Ostroff, me and a million others have been with these girls through it all. And I know it has a lot to do with money issues. But if you could just realize that us, the viewers and supporters, were hoping and praying that by some chance you could try and convinve Alexis and Lauren to stay on for another season it would mean the world to us. Please, Ms Ostroff, Please, Please, Please. How many have we had today? Seven. But we you have the power to give us more.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I really and truly appreciate it.
                                       Sincerely,
Lauren Thomas, 14, One of many Gilmore Girls addicts.

Awesome letter Lauren! Thanks for joing our efforts. By all means, send some more letters off. You could even alter this one slightly and send it off to Alexis Bledel and Lauren Graham! You Go Girl! Pretty Stick to you. Grin

I echo that Lauren - well done!!   

Who else out there has been sending their letters?  Share your stories and let us know that you are supporting this great campaign.  Who knows, yours might be the one that inspires the next person to participate.

Long live Gilmore Girls
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 04:56:04 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
LGLDandRGLH4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

It's over....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #468 on: March 02, 2007, 04:54:46 pm »

Thank-you all very much! I wrote some pre-made letters and put them in the mail-box. I have 10 in there right now. But I have more stamps, so I'll start some more soon.

I will always love Rory and Logan......

I can't believe it's over.

Gilmore Girls
11/5/2000 - 5/22/2007
           R.I.P

You will be missed,
But never forgotten.......
LGLDandRGLH4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

It's over....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #469 on: March 02, 2007, 06:31:12 pm »

*******ATTENTION ATTENTION!!!!!!********* IMPORTANT NEWS!!!!!

I found on a spoiler site that "7.18 (The first eppie after the hiaitus (sp?) )is scheduled to air on April 10. Assuming there are no reruns in the last group of episodes, that would put 7.22 (The season finalie(sp?) ) on May 8."

THAT'S NOT A LOT OF TIME, PEOPLE. Yes, we've been doing good but it's now obvious that WE NEED TO WORK FASTER. We need MORE e-mails and MORE letters. If I'm not mistaken they begin shooting sometime durning the summer if they have another season to work on. If not shooting, planning. THAT MEANS WE MUST GET A MOVE ON. As I said before, YES we are doing good work but WE MUST STEP IT UP. We have only 3 months until the season finaly (sp?). THAT'S NOT VERY LONG. So PUMP OUT THOSE LETTERS, MAKE THOSE PHONE CALLS! (CW Comment Line: 818-977-6878) Come on, guys! We're getting there! But we MUST MOVE FASTER!!!!!!! 

I will always love Rory and Logan......

I can't believe it's over.

Gilmore Girls
11/5/2000 - 5/22/2007
           R.I.P

You will be missed,
But never forgotten.......
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 02, 2007, 08:54:48 pm »

Wow, when you actually put it down, it's not that much time! And we need a season 8! Wow, it's crazy how much time goes by!!!

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 02, 2007, 09:19:33 pm »

Actually we have less time then that cause I heard they have already started filming episode 19 which means they have 3 episodes left to make a decision and 3 episodes to move there decision forward! If they decided not to do it *knocks on wood....no SLAMS on wood*, they would have to fix loose ends, think of a proper ending, basically do everything they want to do before the show ends. Or if they decided to continue, they gotta decided how to end the season, how to start the new one, etc!

I heard it takes them a week to film an episode so if you think about it, we only got about a month, month and a half maybe!

Is it alright if I snag the Mailing list for another thread on another site (fanforum) trying to help get a Season 8? I promise to credit this thread for it! Wink

Sure, the more the merrier.  If you're not opposed to it, I would like to ask that you please include the term 'Great8Mandate' in your post.  It's honestly not an ego thing.  The CW has come to know the Gilmore campaign as The Great8Mandate and I think the more people that use the term, the better it looks.  But that's my personal opinion.

Either way, you're welcome to share our compiled list of addresses and e-mails.  Viva la Gilmore.   Star

~Heidi

Do you mean in the post where I'm putting the mailing list? Cause if so, its already done Grin I'm passing around the news of the Great8mandate like wildfire! Every GG forum I know of, I am trying to pass this on to! Smiley
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 02:31:37 am by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
Lilja
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 03, 2007, 03:14:05 am »

I hope it is not to late  tho fight for a season. I want to Join you from Germany, so I just wrote a mail to CW.

Hello from Berlin,
over here in Germany we just saw the end of "Gilmore Girls" Season 6, and all the fans are looking forward to September/October 2007 when the German TV station VOX will start showing season 7. Many German fans keep an eye on the US-fanpages and so we want to join in the campain for another Season "Gilmore Girls". There are so many stories you could tell even after Rory finished Yale. Will she be a journalist? Or will she get interested in economics just like Richard wants her to? Will she move to NYC or stay in Connecticut? What will happened to her an Logan? Or does Jess come back for her rescue?
And as I have learned from the Internet, Lorelai and Christopher even got married, but recently got separated. So how can they get back to the times they were parent an just friends. And will Luke really forgive Lorelai? And even so I heard that season 7 will have a Happy Ending I can't believe that Lorelai and Luke can overcome all the things from the last 2 years in just those few weeks left.
Gilmore Girls is the best show ever: I love watching all episodes on DVD over an over. I can't imagine that there will be a time when I have no chance to wonder what will be new in Stars Hollow next week.
One Last Season during which David Rosenthal can prove that he is not just the guy hired to burry an excellent show? One last chance to watch Alexis Bledel be come grown women (Rory becoming independent of her grandparent an the money of her farther but still being Lorelais  adult best friend)? One last Season enjoying Kirk? One last year before Lorelai turns 40?
That would be so great.
Respectfully

Mona
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 03, 2007, 04:20:56 am »

Ein sehr guter Brief. Gefällt mir.

--> A very nice letter. I like it.  Smiley
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 03, 2007, 06:11:13 am »

Mr. Kronke (aka The Mayor of Television) of the L.A. Daily News is GilmoreGirls.org's new favorite journalist.

In an ongoing effort to try and garner media attention for The Great8Mandate, a few GilmoreGirls.org members sent Mr. Kronke heartfelt letters urging him to help promote our efforts ... and he did.  His article ("Four more years! Well, at least one...") features excerpts from our letters and outlines both the pros and cons of a possible season eight. 

REASONS “GILMORE GIRLS” MIGHT RETURN

* Lauren Graham was recently given a producer’s credit, which clearly is a step towards luring her back for another year.

* The CW needs it more than it needs The CW. Even with its lower ratings, only a handful of other shows on the network have a higher viewership. “Reba’s” gone, “Veronica Mars,” “Seventh Heaven” and “One Tree Hill” are on life support, and its Monday sitcom lineup is hurting. That’s a lot of prime-time real estate for a network with a modest development budget to renovate, so The CW might be willing to pony up to keep a solid audience and critical favorite on the schedule. Even a diminished "GG" is better than most CW programming.

* My correspondents are correct – rushing Luke and Lorelai’s rekindling of their romance would kind of stink.

http://www.insidesocal.com/tv/2007/02/four_more_years_well_at_least.html

GilmoreGirls.org would like to sincerely thank Mr. Kronke for taking the time to feature The Great8Mandate.  As 'The Mayor of Television' he gets our vote.

~Heidi

Bumping this link up for more to see and write in!

I just wrote a comment, here's what I wrote:

I am a die hard GG fan who not only loved this season (even though I'm a huge Luke and Lorelai fan) but all those before and most likely all those to come. This show will never be something I could hate or be dissapointed in, it will never be a chore to watch and I would love another season to watch and smile at and love.

Gilmore Girls must go on another season, it is the most amazing and smart show on earth, the storyline is wonderful even if sometimes painful to watch! The acting is phenominal, it is the best I've ever seen and why they dont get more attention from award givers, I will never know!

I love this show and will never stop loving it. I completely support GG season 8 and the Great8Mandate! Please make our work worth while!

I'm considering emailing that to the email addresses available in the first post, I will add more to it of course Wink

btw I totally love the guy who wrote article, such a good person for doing this for us.
I love what he wrote here:

"The CW needs it more than it needs The CW. Even with its lower ratings, only a handful of other shows on the network have a higher viewership. “Reba’s” gone, “Veronica Mars,” “Seventh Heaven” and “One Tree Hill” are on life support, and its Monday sitcom lineup is hurting. That’s a lot of prime-time real estate for a network with a modest development budget to renovate, so The CW might be willing to pony up to keep a solid audience and critical favorite on the schedule. Even a diminished "GG" is better than most CW programming."

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
Mona
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 03, 2007, 06:27:38 am »

Made someone of you advertisement in the www? We have to make attentive of us.
Lilja
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 03, 2007, 08:18:45 am »

I just posted my letter (see some time today in this Forum) als a bulletin to  all my friends MySpace. Maybe it is a good way to get the WEB 2.0 -forums to fight for a season 8
x_ch0c0
Inn Chef

Community Points: 492

xxx Pri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #477 on: March 03, 2007, 08:41:54 am »

Wow! The Great8Mandate is spreading across the nation FAST!

Okay, this thread is to let all fans of the show know that the time has come for you to stand up and be counted, if you like me are looking for an eighth season of the show.

First and foremost, I understand that there is a feeling that the show has gone downhill since DR and his team took over the show after the departure of AS-P. Personally, I think that if the ball was dropped it was really dropped in season 6, and that Davis Rosenthal’s been doing his best to get the characters back into, well, character, after the strange and disappointing turns their stories took in season six.

Even if you believe that the show has gone somewhat south in this season, I'm going to ask you to think about the characters and their need to resolve their storylines. After seven seasons of a show of such high quality, is it fair to cut off the Girls' stories before they have the chance to finish them? No.

The Great8Mandate is an initiative created by the brilliant folks at gilmoregirls.org

I strongly encourage everyone who wants the chance to tell the powers that be how much the show merits an eighth season to visit the website and get involved. Proof of the fans' support counts for a lot in these situations. Even if you only mention this to friends and fellow fans, the message and the effort spreads.

This show deserves the chance for an eighth season, so help make it happen!

Christopher: “This town is like one big outpatient mental institution.”

Long live Stars Hollow!

http://community.tvguide.com/thread.jspa?threadID=800009676

Just wondering, but can't you submit an article sample into a newspaper? Then, they can publish it or something? I don't know, but that's what my uncle did a few years back.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2007, 08:44:02 am by x_ch0c0 » Logged

||Never say good-bye, because good-bye means going away, and going away..means forgetting.||

Don't worry, I'm not forgetting. Smiley Bye bye, ORG.
undine28
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 03, 2007, 10:12:54 am »

hey guys,

I live in Germany and I'm a Gilmore Girls Freak! Since the 7th season doesn't exist here yet, I am very interested in how you liked the episodes from season 7. I just read that Lorelai and Christopher will be married! I can't believe it!!!! I have waited for that so long... And is Lane going to have a baby? I would really appreciate if someone told me something, how you liked it and maybe give me some extra information about the 7th season. Since I lived in the states for one year (as an Aupair) I miss the states and I'm always very excited if I hear somethin' from people that live overseas...

bye, Undine
Catie
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 03, 2007, 10:20:52 am »

Hey! I'm a new member here that heard of the mandate though talk on CW boards and other places. I've been lurking here for awhile on this thread, but I finally printed out some flyers and letters to send of DO, DR, Peter Roth, LG and AB and will be sending them today.

Keep up all the work here. I really appreciate all the effort everyone's putting in to help get us a season 8. We sure do need it.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: