The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 03:17:09 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734583 times)
Mona
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: March 01, 2007, 01:22:38 pm »

Yes, I hope it so much. I didn't see season 7, because in Germany ends season 6   two weeks ago.

I'm so sorry for my horrible English, but I'm from Germany.  Roll Eyes
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: March 01, 2007, 01:56:22 pm »

Yes, I hope it so much. I didn't see season 7, because in Germany ends season 6   two weeks ago.

Nicht ein Problem! Lassen Sie uns während einer Jahreszeit 8 hoffen!

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: March 01, 2007, 03:12:45 pm »

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Oh Conrad, you and babel fish made my day.. meaning night.......  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Earlier this evening I played a little with those Italian translations and found them quite cute, but this one is great!

"Not so a problem. Let us hope during an 8th time of the year!"

I like this. I'm now trying french!!!! What did we do before we had those translation programs?
(Yea, I know, you'd have to listen to my "Viennese" english....  Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink )

Btw - they do have a so called 5th season/time of the year in some parts of Germany: There is spring, summer, fall and winter and then there is carnival. (It just ended last week.) Now we know we have an international added season/time of the year: It's Gilmore-time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards from rainy Vienna,
Billie

PS. Don't you think it's great that this turns out to become a real international campaign? I yesterday told my son about it, he thinks, we are completely crazy....  Wink

PPS. SORRY for a little off-topic here...

ckiddings
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

I support a Gilmore Girls Movie!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #453 on: March 01, 2007, 03:19:46 pm »

Don't you think it's great that this turns out to become a real international campaign? I yesterday told my son about it, he thinks, we are completely crazy....  Wink

My husband thinks the same thing! I am sure that if our American Super Bowl were being threatened to be canceled that he would be the first to start campaigning. I think it is wonderful that through the Internet we can chat with people from all over the world, who all happen to love Gilmore Girls. You have to love it!  Hearts

1giantGGfan
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 257

Hen+Chicken=4ever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #454 on: March 01, 2007, 03:21:40 pm »

We/someone could send in a letter with something about season 8 in a whole bunch of different languages.. like an entire page. And then at the end like.. no matter where we are or what language we speak, we still all want a Gilmore Girls season 8! To show them how international it is...
Just an idea..

Angela

^Thnx Melissa!
Just say, "Yes M.A.M.M"
Always a PTS @ Hearts 
I Hearts Rachel, my TJS!
Currently Located: In Janich's Dreams! Kiss (1 lucky girl!)
Marlies' biggest photo fan!
Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: March 01, 2007, 03:34:29 pm »

I LIKE that idea!!! Do you think we should open some kind of "collection-topic" over at the global thread http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=4135.690 ?
It would also be nice to add a little symbol/graphics next to each line, like for example a giant ferris wheel next to my Viennese line or so.
Who could collect, print and mail the whole thing?

Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 77

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: March 01, 2007, 05:05:04 pm »

Oh and thanks for scanning the DAILY NEWS, it looks so swa-weet in print!

No problemo=)
And stuff has been CRAZY and i know I haven't been on much lately, but I just want to state how much I love the GG.org family.=D

<333 WATCH THIS--It'll change your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 .ONE LOVE.
lorelai614
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: March 01, 2007, 05:08:54 pm »

did anybody see ask ausiello???
cuz i just was looking at the main quesion page [or whatever they may call it] and this just popped out at me!
"Question: Just curious: Have you heard about GilmoreGirls.Org's Great8Mandate?— Emily
Ausiello: Not a peep. You guys are slipping!"
i know that he kind of dissed us, but nonetheless it was mentioned!
here is the link to the page:
http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ask-Ausiello/default.aspx
i am excited =]

go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: March 01, 2007, 11:26:42 pm »

Is it alright if I snag the Mailing list for another thread on another site (fanforum) trying to help get a Season 8? I promise to credit this thread for it! Wink

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #459 on: March 01, 2007, 11:47:51 pm »

Is it alright if I snag the Mailing list for another thread on another site (fanforum) trying to help get a Season 8? I promise to credit this thread for it! Wink

Sure, the more the merrier.  If you're not opposed to it, I would like to ask that you please include the term 'Great8Mandate' in your post.  It's honestly not an ego thing.  The CW has come to know the Gilmore campaign as The Great8Mandate and I think the more people that use the term, the better it looks.  But that's my personal opinion.

Either way, you're welcome to share our compiled list of addresses and e-mails.  Viva la Gilmore.   Star

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
gilmoreaholic
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: March 02, 2007, 06:53:09 am »

no more Gilmore i would cry  Cry Push it Great8 and make it happen  my letters will hit all the stars and every address i can get!!!!  The producer might know what she wants to use for the final lines but we are not ready to hear the words.  Thx for the WOM Heidi
LGLDandRGLH4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

It's over....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #461 on: March 02, 2007, 12:36:38 pm »

Okay, I gave my mom some money the other day and she got me stamps! I now have 19!!!! So I'm going to start writing letters rite away! My fanfiction can wait a little while. The Great8Mandate can't!!!!!

I will always love Rory and Logan......

I can't believe it's over.

Gilmore Girls
11/5/2000 - 5/22/2007
           R.I.P

You will be missed,
But never forgotten.......
gilmoreren
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 36

Fairtrade Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: March 02, 2007, 12:50:46 pm »

Was gonna say how impressed I was with your knowledge of foreign languages, conradv then saw a nod to babelfish. Ah, the great bamboozler itself.

Observe:
Things are definitely hotting up for gilmore girls fans with great8mandate in their sights...
To French
Les choses hotting certainement vers le haut pour des ventilateurs de filles de gilmore avec great8mandate dans leurs vues...
To German
Die Sachen hotting gewiß nach oben für Ventilatoren von Mädchen von gilmore mit great8mandate in ihren Ansichten...
Back to English
The things hotting certainly upward for fans of girls of gilmore with great8mandate in their opinions...

Things hotting certainly upward!!

--
I'm a C19 girl

Gilmoreren an aunty soon...
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: March 02, 2007, 01:00:57 pm »

Was gonna say how impressed I was with your knowledge of foreign languages, conradv then saw a nod to babelfish. Ah, the great bamboozler itself.

Observe:
Things are definitely hotting up for gilmore girls fans with great8mandate in their sights...
To French
Les choses hotting certainement vers le haut pour des ventilateurs de filles de gilmore avec great8mandate dans leurs vues...
To German
Die Sachen hotting gewiß nach oben für Ventilatoren von Mädchen von gilmore mit great8mandate in ihren Ansichten...
Back to English
The things hotting certainly upward for fans of girls of gilmore with great8mandate in their opinions...

Things hotting certainly upward!!

Grin

You can have hours of fun with babel fish.

(p.s. - I WAS answering honestly to the posts. Absolutely no disrespect was meant in any way.)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 01:02:18 pm by conradv » Logged

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
LGLDandRGLH4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

It's over....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #464 on: March 02, 2007, 01:04:06 pm »

Here's a copy of the letter I just wrote to ms. Ostroff. I'm thinking about printing out a bunch and addressing them to different people.

Dear Ms. Ostroff,
Please Luke, Please, Please.... give us a Gilmore Girls Season 8! I am a part of the Gilmore Girls Great8Mandate, a campaign started by www.gilmoregirls.org. We are all in desperate need of an 8th season. The Gilmore Girls have become more than just a television show to me. They’ve become almost like friends, in a way. You get used to seeing them every week and dealing with what’s going on in their lives. I’ve been with our beloved girls through everything. I was there when Rory got into Chilton and when she graduated. I was there when that glorious moment came and Luke and Lorelai finally realized they had something. I was there with Rory when she was with Dean, Jess, and now Logan. I was present at Emily and Richard’s vows renual and have been to countless Friday Night Dinners. When Lorelai and Luke broke off their engagement, they shed tears. And I was crying with them. When Logan became Rory’s boyfriend she was extatic. I was extatic too. Ms. Ostroff, me and a million others have been with these girls through it all. And I know it has a lot to do with money issues. But if you could just realize that us, the viewers and supporters, were hoping and praying that by some chance you could try and convinve Alexis and Lauren to stay on for another season it would mean the world to us. Please, Ms Ostroff, Please, Please, Please. How many have we had today? Seven. But we you have the power to give us more.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I really and truly appreciate it.
                                       Sincerely,
Lauren Thomas, 14, One of many Gilmore Girls addicts.

I will always love Rory and Logan......

I can't believe it's over.

Gilmore Girls
11/5/2000 - 5/22/2007
           R.I.P

You will be missed,
But never forgotten.......
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: