The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 05:43:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1764818 times)
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: February 24, 2007, 01:14:32 pm »

I'm not sure if it would help but I have a few firends that would build a website ( for free) that we could use as a base of operations, then I could use my persuasive techniques to get them to post this on a few other websites. I personally run one of them so you'll have at leats a good 140 more people for sure.
-Paul

I am at the moment making a website the will be fuilly devoted to his goal. If you have a website that already fullfils this, please contact me.

Hi Paul,

I greatly appreciate your enthusiasm, but as far as web sites are concerned I think we have everything covered.  Using GilmoreGirls.org and the ORG Forum for all things Great8Mandate has done us well.  I think the idea of having more than one site dedicated to the same cause is quite possibily very confusing.  We need to work on simplifying the process, not adding to it.  However, if you would like to promote the Mandate on other sites and link back here, that would be excellent.  If you're interested in participating in the Mandate in other areas, please let me know.

Thank you.

~Heidi
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 02:22:28 pm by Heidi » Logged

Flame    Flame
dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 24, 2007, 02:15:15 pm »

I think this should have been posted under the Great8Mandate thread. It's a wonderful idea, I think you should share it with Heidi and everyone else. I have posted the link below.

Great8Mandate thread: http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6370.0

Thanks,
Mary

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 24, 2007, 02:54:04 pm »

Hey, do you guys happen to have the mailing address for DR? I think sending letters to him would also help to show him how much we support the show even with Amy and Dan gone.

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #318 on: February 24, 2007, 03:08:26 pm »

Hey, do you guys happen to have the mailing address for DR? I think sending letters to him would also help to show him how much we support the show even with Amy and Dan gone.

David Rosenthal
c/o Gilmore Girls
Warner Brothers
4000 Warner Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91522

That should do it. Wink

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
kilverstone
Town Resident

Community Points: 20

View Profile WWW
« Reply #319 on: February 24, 2007, 05:21:24 pm »

Okay everyone, I'm starting in with my Great 8 Mandate work. Smiley I have this coming week off from school, so I will put the links on myspace, my website etc. Smiley Sooo excited to be part of a campaign again.

LGLDandRGLH4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

It's over....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: February 24, 2007, 05:34:37 pm »

I made something!!!!

sorry, but you did not make that. You added text onto the image that minilorelai14 made...so please give credit to her for making it when all you did was add text.

I'm sorry. I give credit for the actual picture to minilorelai14 I didn't mean to try and take her work.

I will always love Rory and Logan......

I can't believe it's over.

Gilmore Girls
11/5/2000 - 5/22/2007
           R.I.P

You will be missed,
But never forgotten.......
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 24, 2007, 06:06:00 pm »

I don't know if this was posted already, but I was on fanforum and on the main GG spoilers page, there's a link to a blurb about our Great8Mandate!!!

here's the link: *it doesn't bring you to the spoilers so don't worry*

and here's the text:

Yep.

We're not allowed to link directly to other message boards, we can only talk about them. The campaign is called Season8Mandate; it was started by gilmoregirls.org a few weeks ago.

They give addresses for Dawn Ostroff and other top people to write to, and they're looking for more. They also share sample letters for inspiration, and have campaign stationary and graphics to download. Kudos to them.

hopefully fanforum people will get more info and send in some letters!

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 24, 2007, 06:44:17 pm »

Hello everyone,

I'm all in favor of having an eighth season! I have been on board since the beginning but have yet to do anything perductive to help the cause. I have started reading the 22 pages of posts or so that this thread consists of but because I don't have that much patients I couldn't read all 22 pages. So I was wondering if anyone would be able to PM me and give me any type of update at all. I intend to compose an e-mail to send to the CW network to see if I can make any impact at all. So if anyone could help me that would be great.

Thank you,
Mary

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 24, 2007, 08:47:04 pm »

You can also post threads on other forums too.

I've been doing that all night and been getting great responses!

love is blind so you didn't see me.
SunnyDayze
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

View Profile WWW
« Reply #324 on: February 24, 2007, 11:28:34 pm »

It seems to me (from what I've read in spoilers and whatnot) that Lauren, Scott, and basically everybody else except for Alexis are all on board for another season. So I don't know if anybody has suggested this specifically yet, but I think that we all should write letters to Alexis, letting her know how much we don't want to see the series go on without her, and how much it would mean to the fans if she would come back for an eighth season, if anything just to get some closure between L/L and R/L and so we know how their relationships bloom.

*meg*

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #325 on: February 25, 2007, 12:10:11 am »

It seems to me (from what I've read in spoilers and whatnot) that Lauren, Scott, and basically everybody else except for Alexis are all on board for another season. So I don't know if anybody has suggested this specifically yet, but I think that we all should write letters to Alexis, letting her know how much we don't want to see the series go on without her, and how much it would mean to the fans if she would come back for an eighth season, if anything just to get some closure between L/L and R/L and so we know how their relationships bloom.

*meg*

That's an excellent idea.  Star  I would suggest that people write to her via either of the following addresses.

Cast Member's Name
Gilmore Girls
Warner Bros.
4000 Warner Blvd.
Building 2222
Burbank, CA 91522

Cast Member's Name
Gilmore Girls
The CW Television Network
3701 Oak St.
Building 34R
Burbank, CA 91505

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 25, 2007, 08:22:12 am »

I had read that Alexis isn't too interested in GG anymore and doesn't find it exciting or interesting anymore, too. I will write some letters to the two addresses that you've provided, Heidi! Maybe after she realizes how many really enjoy GG and are so very into it, she will think twice? I know that she's wanting to get into other things but she's talented and will...she's young too!

Common' everyone! Keep strong in the Great8Mandate!!

WE CAN DO THIS!!

~M

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 25, 2007, 10:40:34 am »

We NEEEEEED season 8.  I'm doing everything I can to support this. Pleased
I make graphics, icons, banners, flyers, etc.. so if anyone ever needs any help on that end to get the word out, I'd be more than happy to do so.
KaraGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 25, 2007, 11:51:51 am »

Hey, has anyone gotten any more responses lately?  [[Prefferably from people from the CW]] I have sent 8 snail mails, and 4 emails, and still... Nothing.

ckiddings
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

I support a Gilmore Girls Movie!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: February 25, 2007, 12:54:46 pm »

Hey, has anyone gotten any more responses lately?  [[Prefferably from people from the CW]] I have sent 8 snail mails, and 4 emails, and still... Nothing.
I don't know if you saw the posts I have copied below or not. They were posted it a few pages ago.  Smiley Very Encourging!

Mr. Kronke (aka The Mayor of Television) of the L.A. Daily News is GilmoreGirls.org's new favorite journalist.

In an ongoing effort to try and garner media attention for The Great8Mandate, a few GilmoreGirls.org members sent Mr. Kronke heartfelt letters urging him to help promote our efforts ... and he did.  His article ("Four more years! Well, at least one...") features excerpts from our letters and outlines both the pros and cons of a possible season eight.   
http://www.insidesocal.com/tv/2007/02/four_more_years_well_at_least.html

~Heidi

Be sure to take a moment to not only read the article, but Mr. Kronke has also given us Gilmore Girls an opportunity to voice our opinion about whether there should be a season 8 or not. After the article, you can add your two cents worth. Two Cents Don't miss this  opportunity to further The Great8Mandate! [/color]
http://www.insidesocal.com/tv/2007/02/four_more_years_well_at_least.html
 Sleepy Cloud What Fight Coffee Coffee Smitten

I just got the email below from from David Kronke. Although the note may seem to have a negative tone to it, it also is positive in that he is forwarding the comments on the blog to the show's publicist! This is good. Everyone needs to visit the site and make a comment NOW! A few hundred comments should knock their socks off.  Fight

Dear Constance:
Thanks for leaving a comment at the blog. I pointed the show's publicist in its direction so she could see fans' thoughts, and she said that while she personally hoped the show would return, they honestly don't know whether it will or not.

David Kronke

Keep Sending those emails and letters. This is proof positive that it is working!

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: