The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 01:11:45 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732405 times)
the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #270 on: February 22, 2007, 03:57:38 pm »

the m&m idea is AMAZING. that's so cool good joB!!
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: February 22, 2007, 03:59:44 pm »

I'm a big supporter for this compaign however, I believe the problem lays in the actor's hands not the production of it. If the actors aren't in it all the way very little an executive can do to change their minds. Money means alot but it doesn't mean EVERYTHING. So if letters are being sent I think they should be directed to the actors in question. Do some research and maybe you can get an "In Care of..." address for the actors. That way our feelings could truly reach those who might be waivering. Other than that I'm with you guys.

This is just my opinion, I'm just concerned for the mission that's all. I honestly believe that there will be 8th season because I think they can put up with just one more year and one more year can change everything about the show.

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: February 22, 2007, 04:06:54 pm »

The addresses for the "Girls" have been posted as well.

It is important that letters are sent to both really.  There is very little value in just directing mail to the actors and trying to sway their minds, if the network has no idea for the demand for the show out there.  And I guess the same could be said for vice versa.

For all those people posting saying "I'm in, what can I do?"  Start writing letters and sending them to the addresses that have been provided.  It really is imperitive that letters are received from as many people as possible for this to have the desired effect.

Long live Gilmore Girls

Cheers
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 04:20:01 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
kamakazedeer
Diner Owner

Community Points: 71

Emily Gilmore Life Ruiner- she ruins peoples lives

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: February 22, 2007, 04:07:36 pm »

Well, this might not be as big as a ferris wheel, airplane or giant pizza but I sent AB and LG a pack of m&ms (along w/ a letter) and personalized them (you can put your own text on them), they say "Season 8 please" and "great8mandate" on them.

Everyone is so creative! What a cool idea! Cool That might be something we can do that isn't very expensive. Do you know How long does it take to get them sent?

I ordered them two days ago and they said the estimated arrival date was March 5th.

ckiddings
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

I support a Gilmore Girls Movie!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: February 22, 2007, 04:13:14 pm »

Well, this might not be as big as a ferris wheel, airplane or giant pizza but I sent AB and LG a pack of m&ms (along w/ a letter) and personalized them (you can put your own text on them), they say "Season 8 please" and "great8mandate" on them.

Everyone is so creative! What a cool idea! Cool That might be something we can do that isn't very expensive. Do you know How long does it take to get them sent?

I ordered them two days ago and they said the estimated arrival date was March 5th.

Did you order them online? If you did, can you post the link so those who would also like to send Alexis and Lauren some personalized M & M's can? Thanks Wink

JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: February 22, 2007, 04:23:12 pm »

Where? Huh There were too many posts for me read and I got bored so I skipped over the last post.  Tongue

It is important that letters are sent to both really.  There is no point just directing mail to the actors and trying to sway their minds, if the network has no idea for the demand for the show out there.  And I guess the same could be said for vice versa.

From what I've heard the execs. seem to really want an 8th season I mean they were pursuasive enough to make Lauren a Producers of the show and there have been quotes where they seem to be negotiating with the actors. There's very little they can do if the actor is as dead-set not to as what is seems to be. However, I'll agree that it wouldn't hurt to send letters there either. I also think perhaps if the WRITING has better PLOT ideas for certain characters to allow developement, then maybe it would be easier to them to decide to stick around for another year. I think by the time everyone comes back from summer break before shooting that the writing should be reasonable enough and could possibly ALMOST match the previous seasons.  Is there a contact for DR or one of the head writers?

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: February 22, 2007, 04:28:33 pm »

Where? Huh There were too many posts for me read and I got bored so I skipped over the last post.  Tongue

Try these ... both should work. Wink

Gilmore Girls Cast Members

Cast Member's Name
Gilmore Girls
Warner Bros.
4000 Warner Blvd.
Building 2222
Burbank, CA 91522

Cast Member's Name
Gilmore Girls
The CW Television Network
3701 Oak St.
Building 34R
Burbank, CA 91505

~Heidi
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 04:33:11 pm by Heidi » Logged

Flame    Flame
SassyPaws
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: February 22, 2007, 04:54:21 pm »

The address to send mail to Scott Patterson is:

Evolution Entertainment
C/O Scott Patterson
901 N. Highland Ave.
Los Angeles, Ca. 90038
kamakazedeer
Diner Owner

Community Points: 71

Emily Gilmore Life Ruiner- she ruins peoples lives

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: February 22, 2007, 05:10:16 pm »

the website for the m&ms is www.mymms.com

the only issues I had was you have to have a phone number for the receiving party. Two ways around this: put in your own number or have them sent to you and then re-send them. It wasn't a big deal for me so I just re-sent them, that way I could attach my letter. You can also select a personalized message to attach to the candy but they're mainly just for holidays or major life events, so unless you want to wish Alexis and Lauren a happy saint patrick's day, I'd just send the candy by itself.

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: February 22, 2007, 09:56:16 pm »

Mr. Kronke (aka The Mayor of Television) of the L.A. Daily News is GilmoreGirls.org's new favorite journalist.

In an ongoing effort to try and garner media attention for The Great8Mandate, a few GilmoreGirls.org members sent Mr. Kronke heartfelt letters urging him to help promote our efforts ... and he did.  His article ("Four more years! Well, at least one...") features excerpts from our letters and outlines both the pros and cons of a possible season eight. 

REASONS “GILMORE GIRLS” MIGHT RETURN

* Lauren Graham was recently given a producer’s credit, which clearly is a step towards luring her back for another year.

* The CW needs it more than it needs The CW. Even with its lower ratings, only a handful of other shows on the network have a higher viewership. “Reba’s” gone, “Veronica Mars,” “Seventh Heaven” and “One Tree Hill” are on life support, and its Monday sitcom lineup is hurting. That’s a lot of prime-time real estate for a network with a modest development budget to renovate, so The CW might be willing to pony up to keep a solid audience and critical favorite on the schedule. Even a diminished "GG" is better than most CW programming.

* My correspondents are correct – rushing Luke and Lorelai’s rekindling of their romance would kind of stink.

http://www.insidesocal.com/tv/2007/02/four_more_years_well_at_least.html

GilmoreGirls.org would like to sincerely thank Mr. Kronke for taking the time to feature The Great8Mandate.  As 'The Mayor of Television' he gets our vote.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Billie
Town Resident

Community Points: 39

It definitely has to be Luke!!!

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: February 23, 2007, 12:10:59 am »

Hi everybody,

I'd like to share with you my try of "Viennese Stationary" (personal letter comes on reverse page) - please feel free to commend (keeping in mind that I'm "old" and not sooo good with computers...  Wink )

..... BUT I can't find the button to "browse" so I can't attach my file! HELP!!! (I already read the help-topic "attachment" but it's not really helping...)

I did tell you I'm not so good with computers, didn't I???  Huh

SORRY!

Billie

Good morning, everyone (well, guess it's midnight for the most of you....  Wink )

Thanks to Heidi  Kiss I can now share with you my "Viennese stationary" - as said before, comments are welcome.  http://www.gilmoregirls.org/other/great8mandate/vienna.pdf
I really hope it helps when they get mail from Europe, too!!!!!

Have a nice day (after a good night, that is),
regards from sunny Vienna,
Billie

Lauren-Junkie
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

GG, Golden Retrievers,books- That's me!

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: February 23, 2007, 02:36:10 am »

I can help!  I really wanna help!   Cause  I'm dying to get another season of our favourite girls!

But how can I help?

Smiley

LIFE IS SHORT
TALK FAST!

GILMORE GIRLS WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY HEART!
Jocelyn
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

Oy with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: February 23, 2007, 05:08:31 am »

Hey All, I've recently discovered this site and think the Great8Mandate's awesome - if only more shows put in such an effort... Although if they did this wouldn't have as much of an impact, so yay!

I'm in Australia, so have emailed so far, and am hoping to send hard copies of letters to the cast over the next week.  If anyone's looking for a template?  I thought I'd offer the one I put together, to try and help:

---------------------------------------------------

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing to you as a concerned Gilmore Girls fan, to express my support for an eighth season of this fantastic show.

From the first season of Gilmore Girls I have been one of the multitudes of fans amazed by its quality.  The attention to detail, in particular, makes and has always made this show one of the finest and most consistent on television.  It’s no secret that Amy Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino had been widely acclaimed as one of the finest writing teams in recent times, and season seven is fast establishing David Rosenthal and his team in the same tradition.

I am certainly not alone in recognising the actors in Gilmore Girls as such fine talents that they are always delightful to watch.  The stunning Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Scott Patterson and Melissa McCarthy deserve particular mention for their ability to pull the viewer in and make them completely a part of their lives, and of Stars Hollow.  This is not, however, to discount the wonderful supporting cast, including but not restricted to Liza Weil, Matt Czuchry, Keiko Agena, Kelly Bishop, Yanic Truesdale, Sean Gunn, and Edward Hermann.  Just the fact that these characters and their portrayers have integrated themselves so flawlessly into viewer’s hearts for the past seven seasons could be enough justification for an eighth.

The fantastic writing and characters are not the only reasons for this show’s unique, unwavering quality, however.  Stars Hollow has created a magic of its own in its ability to make the viewer feel like this is a place they want to be.  As mentioned above, the attention to detail is what really sets Gilmore Girls apart from the mass, and the town of Stars Hollow is one prime example of this.  Every character, whether we meet them for an episode, a season or just for a minute, has a legitimate place in the lives of the Gilmores.  From Kirk and his desire to work in every capacity possible, to Mrs Kim and her extended Korean family, the smallest character role is rounded out more convincingly than many leading characters’ on other shows.

Such superiority in every aspect of the show speaks for itself, but as an avid supporter of the Girls, I felt the need to speak up on the show’s behalf as well.  The characters that we have come to know and love, the places we feel a real connection with, should be given the opportunity to fully finish their stories, and for this they need more time.  For their stories to be properly finished they need an eighth season.

Gilmore Girls deserves to be brought back for a stellar eighth season.

Christopher: “This town is like one big outpatient mental institution.”

Long live Stars Hollow!

Yours sincerely,

Long live Stars Hollow!
ckiddings
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #283 on: February 23, 2007, 07:39:15 am »

Hey All, I've recently discovered this site and think the Great8Mandate's awesome - if only more shows put in such an effort... Although if they did this wouldn't have as much of an impact, so yay!

I'm in Australia, so have emailed so far, and am hoping to send hard copies of letters to the cast over the next week.  If anyone's looking for a template?  I thought I'd offer the one I put together, to try and help:

---------------------------------------------------

To Whom It May Concern,

I am writing to you as a concerned Gilmore Girls fan, to express my support for an eighth season of this fantastic show.

From the first season of Gilmore Girls I have been one of the multitudes of fans amazed by its quality.  The attention to detail, in particular, makes and has always made this show one of the finest and most consistent on television.  It’s no secret that Amy Sherman-Palladino and Daniel Palladino had been widely acclaimed as one of the finest writing teams in recent times, and season seven is fast establishing David Rosenthal and his team in the same tradition.

I am certainly not alone in recognising the actors in Gilmore Girls as such fine talents that they are always delightful to watch.  The stunning Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, Scott Patterson and Melissa McCarthy deserve particular mention for their ability to pull the viewer in and make them completely a part of their lives, and of Stars Hollow.  This is not, however, to discount the wonderful supporting cast, including but not restricted to Liza Weil, Matt Czuchry, Keiko Agena, Kelly Bishop, Yanic Truesdale, Sean Gunn, and Edward Hermann.  Just the fact that these characters and their portrayers have integrated themselves so flawlessly into viewer’s hearts for the past seven seasons could be enough justification for an eighth.

The fantastic writing and characters are not the only reasons for this show’s unique, unwavering quality, however.  Stars Hollow has created a magic of its own in its ability to make the viewer feel like this is a place they want to be.  As mentioned above, the attention to detail is what really sets Gilmore Girls apart from the mass, and the town of Stars Hollow is one prime example of this.  Every character, whether we meet them for an episode, a season or just for a minute, has a legitimate place in the lives of the Gilmores.  From Kirk and his desire to work in every capacity possible, to Mrs Kim and her extended Korean family, the smallest character role is rounded out more convincingly than many leading characters’ on other shows.

Such superiority in every aspect of the show speaks for itself, but as an avid supporter of the Girls, I felt the need to speak up on the show’s behalf as well.  The characters that we have come to know and love, the places we feel a real connection with, should be given the opportunity to fully finish their stories, and for this they need more time.  For their stories to be properly finished they need an eighth season.

Gilmore Girls deserves to be brought back for a stellar eighth season.

Long live Stars Hollow!

Yours sincerely,

Thanks so much for joing our efforts! That would be great if you would follow up with letters this week. The sooner the better. The Great8Mandate is gaining momentum and the sooner your letters are sent the more impact they will have!

So EVERYONE send those emails and letters. If you already sent them once, why not send another batch out?!? It can only help. Grin

ckiddings
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: February 23, 2007, 09:15:13 am »

Mr. Kronke (aka The Mayor of Television) of the L.A. Daily News is GilmoreGirls.org's new favorite journalist.

In an ongoing effort to try and garner media attention for The Great8Mandate, a few GilmoreGirls.org members sent Mr. Kronke heartfelt letters urging him to help promote our efforts ... and he did.  His article ("Four more years! Well, at least one...") features excerpts from our letters and outlines both the pros and cons of a possible season eight. 

~Heidi

Be sure to take a moment to not only read the article, but Mr. Kronke has also given us Gilmore Girls an opportunity to voice our opinion about whether there should be a season 8 or not. After the article, you can add your two cents worth. Two Cents Don't miss this  opportunity to further The Great8Mandate! [/color]
 Sleepy Cloud What Fight Coffee Coffee Smitten
« Last Edit: February 23, 2007, 09:16:29 am by ckiddings » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: