GilmoreGirls.org Forum
January 25, 2020, 04:34:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 463
  Print  
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 2109278 times)
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2007, 04:18:41 am »

Kimberley, I personally think that's awesome.  It's heartfelt and personal and supports our cause.  Do make sure you add the banner - we need them to relate to the campaign as much as possible to ensure its success.

Go for it girl and if you like, even start with the emails as they are the easiest.  Well done Kimberley

Anybody else got their letter to share?

Caryn Smiley

Please read Forum Rules
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2007, 10:20:51 am »

Well done, Caryn and Kimberly, on sharing your letters!   Smiley  Hopefully, this gives people a ton of ideas of what they can put in their correspondence to all of the addresses that Heidi left us.  Come on, everyone!  Get those letters and e-mails rolling to show what an incredible fanbase this show has and how much we would love to see another season of it.  Tell all of your friends!  Ask your significant others and family members if they'll do it to!  Let the fans truly be heard!!!

the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2007, 11:46:20 am »

thanks to inspiration from Caryn and Kimberly, I just finished my letter to Dawn Ostroff. i used some parts from both of your letters, I hope that's okay. here it is:

Dear Ms. Ostroff,

I have thoroughly enjoyed seven years of what I consider the best show on television, and it deeply saddens me to think that this could indeed be the last season of Gilmore Girls. I stumbled upon this show during season five but feel like I have been there since the beginning thanks to the DVDs.

I write this letter in hope that it could possibly bring about an eighth season. I, and many others, have watched these quirky, remarkable, and beloved characters mature, learn, and love. There have been many ups and downs these past seven years, but the loyalty and devotion of the fans has not wavered.  I hope that said loyalty and devotion will suffice to ensure an eighth season, but I know that there are other determining factors.

This brings me to the ingenious campaign of a wonderful fan site that I am a member of, gilmoregirls.org. This site is filled with thousands of women and men that flock to their computers to talk with other fans about all things Gilmore. We want to get our voices out there in order to rally support for the Great8Mandate cause. Our hope is that by contacting you we may be able to show you that there are so many of us that love the show for so many reasons, and that we are very determined to see another season of the show that brings us together. I support this initiative whole-heartedly, as I believe we need more time. There are so many wonderful things to explore from this point on, and after seven years of waiting for certain relationship outcomes for our Girls, I for one would love for this to play out over time. I hope that our efforts will not be in vain, but at least we can say we tried.

In closing, I am thankful for seven years of laughs, tears, and smiles, but I am not ready to let go of Tuesday nights at eight o’clock. It is my hope that our voices will be heard and convince The CW and all those involved with Gilmore Girls to sign on for an eighth season.

Please, please, please let us continue to be glued to our television sets every week to follow our Girls and the other characters on their journeys. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
   Laura from New Jersey
« Last Edit: February 11, 2007, 11:47:28 am by the girls4ever » Logged

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
lukesgirl
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 42

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2007, 12:06:21 pm »

the girls4ever it sounds great, im glad i helped you on your way.

can anyone tell me the curent fan mail address for the GG's?

is it

actors name
"Gilmore Girls"
c/o The CW Television Network
3701 Oak St.
Building 34R
Burbank, CA 91505
USA

i know this isnt a direct contact but i think they will get them, i read it can take up to 3 months to get a reply though.

xoxox
Kim
Support the Great 8 Mandate

[/size]
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2007, 12:10:30 pm »

I would like to quickly thank everyone who has taken time recently to write Great8Mandate support letters.  Additionally, many thanks to those of you who have been kind enough to share those letters to help inspire others.

Long live Gilmore Girls.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
ckiddings
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

I support a Gilmore Girls Movie!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2007, 12:17:08 pm »

Below is what I have posted onto myspace as well as sent out in emails to friends and fellow Gilmore Girl fans. I borrowed pieces from different posts from all of you, consolidating important points in the hopes of making it easy for people to copy and pass along.

HELP SAVE THE GIRLS
CW is considering canceling the Girlmore Girls after this season (Season 7). If you have enjoyed watching Gilrmore Girls and would like them to be around for at least one more season, if not more, join us in the GREAT8MANDATE!

Please copy the letter below and e-mail it to the CW & TV executives also listed below. Be sure to follow up with a printed version that you mail in the snail mail. The more mail they receive the better. The next few days are the iimperative! Please Feel Free to add the graphics to your correspondence as well.

It has been said that one piece of snail mail equates to the views/opinions of one-hundred viewers. GilmoreGirls.org and the ORG Forum have tens of thousands of visitors each day. If just a fraction of those people participate in the Great8Mandate , it would be considered a success.
Let's Get Busy and SAVE THE GIRLS!!!!!

Copy the letter and graphics below. Email, print and mail to the addresses listed! Don't delay, do it today! Your letter can make the difference!

Dear (Insert Name:)
I am one of the many Gilmore Girls Fans and also a member of www.GilmoreGirls.org
Sadly though, I come to the point of my letter which is to say that I have heard talk that season seven may be the last we see of the Girls.

I hope that this isn’t true and that we will at least get to see the Gilmore Girls continue on for another season to help us see their and all of the town folk's stories come full circle.

Gilmoregirls.org is a fantastic site that so many people just like me get together to discuss all things Gilmore. We discuss each episode, our feelings about characters, as well as everything in between.

Currently a large part of our conversations cover the hopes of a season 8. To that end, we have created the Great 8 Mandate!

Our hope is that by contacting you, we may be able to show you how many love the show and that we are equally determined to see another season of our favorite characters, in our favorite little corner of the world.

So we ask that you let the Girls continue. Let them make us smile, laugh, cry and even some times yell hysterically at the TV. Let us follow there ups and downs, if only for one more season to give all the cast, characters, and story lines enough time to have the fantastic ending this wonderful show derseves.

Sincerely,
(Insert Your Name Here)

Contacts at The CW

Ms. Dawn Ostroff
President of Entertainment, The CW
3300 West Olive Ave.
Third Floor
Burbank, CA 91505

Ms. Dawn Ostroff
President of Entertainment, The CW
11800 Wilshire Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90025

If e-mail is more your thing, you can try [email protected] and [email protected]

Other important contacts include:

Pamela Morrison
Vice President, Publicity and Talent Relations
3300 West Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505

Paul Hewitt
Director of Publicity
3300 West Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505

Kristine Glockler
Coordinator
3300 West Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505

Entertainment Reporters

Michael Ausiello from TV Guide: [email protected]

Kristin Veitch from E! Online: [email protected]

Amy (TV Gal) from Zap2it.com: [email protected]<br><br>

Here are some Great8Mandate graphics you can add to your correspondence!

kamakazedeer
Diner Owner

Community Points: 71

Emily Gilmore Life Ruiner- she ruins peoples lives

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2007, 12:57:05 pm »

I just created a facebook group for the Great8Mandate. So if you have a facebook account please join. Here's the link:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2236824820

Thanks!!

ckiddings
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2007, 01:08:27 pm »

I just created a facebook group for the Great8Mandate. So if you have a facebook account please join. Here's the link:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2236824820

Thanks!!

I looked and joined! Good job!

reallifegilmore
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2007, 01:32:52 pm »

thanks from me too! this is all great8!
lukesgirl
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 42

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2007, 02:20:09 pm »

so very exiting, i have just printed up my letters and envelopes,
i have a letter for all the listed addresses as well as one for-
Lauren Graham
Alexis  Bledel
Keiko Agena (Lane Kim),
Kelly Bishop (Emily Gilmore),
Sean Gunn (Kirk),
Edward Herrmann (Richard Gilmore),
Melissa McCarthy (Sookie St. James),
 Scott Patterson (Luke Danes),
Liz Torres (Miss Patty),
 Yanic Truesdale (Michel Gerard) ,
Liza Weil (Paris Geller) ,
Jackson Douglas (Jackson Melville),
Emily Kuroda (Mrs. Kim),
Sally Struthers (Babette Dell) ,
David Sutcliffe  (Christopher Hayden),
Michael Winters  (Taylor Doose),
Matt Czuchry  (Logan)

i think my envelopes look pritty what do you think?

xoxox
Kim
Support the Great 8 Mandate

[/size]
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2007, 02:46:25 pm »

i think my envelopes look pritty what do you think?

Fabulous!  Love them!   Smitten

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2007, 04:14:20 pm »

Great idea with the logo on the envelope lukesgirl, I might add it to mine as well when I print them out later.

Please read Forum Rules
GGgirl4life
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

Ryan Ross <3

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2007, 06:17:39 pm »

Hey everyone,

I sent an email to the president of the CW, Michael Ausiello, and Kristen Veitch. Message me if there is anything any of you want me to do. I'm totally up to helping the Great 8 Mandate. Has anyone tried writing the actors themselves? That would help a lot, I think.

Quiti

LORELAI: Pass.
RORY: Why?
LORELAI: Because I'm not Anna Nicole Smith. Next.
ckiddings
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2007, 07:56:10 pm »

Do we have email or mail addresses to the actors? They may have already been posted and I just missed it.

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2007, 08:02:00 pm »

Do we have email or mail addresses to the actors? They may have already been posted and I just missed it.

I don't have e-mail addresses, but we should be able to reach them through snail mail at the following address:

Actor's Name Here
c/o Gilmore Girls
Warner Bros. Television
4000 Warner Boulevard
Burbank, CA 91522

Thank you!

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 463
  Print  

Jump to: