The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 05:48:15 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1730620 times)
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #375 on: February 27, 2007, 03:16:07 pm »

Hey, do you think there has been more traffic around here since the word has gotten out a little bit? I'm curious to know because of your mention in the OffTopic thread.

Yes, yes I do. Wink

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 77

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 27, 2007, 03:23:48 pm »

OH MY GOD. READ!!!!
Does anyone else get the Daily News?
Because today in the U section of the Daily News on page 14 there was a whole article on whether or not there is to be an 8th season.
AND A GOOD 3 PARAGRAPHS discussing the Great8Mandate cause and a few GG.org members!!!!!!

"...directed me to a fansite determined to help the show continue behind an initiative called the Great8Mandate. It includes the names and addresses of CW executives, cast members, and even some journalists."

If you don't get the Daily News and want to read the article you can look for "David Kronke's blog" on www.dailynews.com.

But wow I just freaked out and was like OMG we got mentioned!! Word is spreading and I know these people!

xoxoxox
Jenny

EDIT: And yes, I'm aware I need a new signature.

<333 WATCH THIS--It'll change your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 .ONE LOVE.
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 27, 2007, 03:29:24 pm »

I am new here, but I would like to do anything that I can to help out! I am already getting started on my letter! But, I was thinking, it would also be great if we could also write to David Rosenthal, since he is the show's front-runner. Does anyone know anyway we could get an address that could reach him?

Hi lorelai614 and welcome.  Here is an address Heidi has previously posted for DR

David Rosenthal
c/o Gilmore Girls
Warner Brothers
4000 Warner Blvd.
Burbank, CA 91522

Thanks for your support!!

Please read Forum Rules
ckiddings
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

I support a Gilmore Girls Movie!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #378 on: February 27, 2007, 03:36:50 pm »

EDIT: And yes, I'm aware I need a new signature.

No Worries, It takes time to heal from broken relationships!  Wink

LGLDandRGLH4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

It's over....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #379 on: February 27, 2007, 03:41:54 pm »

Horray! I finally have some money so I'm giving it to my mom and asking her to buy me a package of stamps! That way I can snail mail letters aswell as e-mail and not have to be a stamp theft! Because my parents are easily annoyed by that.

I will always love Rory and Logan......

I can't believe it's over.

Gilmore Girls
11/5/2000 - 5/22/2007
           R.I.P

You will be missed,
But never forgotten.......
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #380 on: February 27, 2007, 03:43:07 pm »

Because today in the U section of the Daily News on page 14 there was a whole article on whether or not there is to be an 8th season.
AND A GOOD 3 PARAGRAPHS discussing the Great8Mandate cause and a few GG.org members!!!!!!

"...directed me to a fansite determined to help the show continue behind an initiative called the Great8Mandate. It includes the names and addresses of CW executives, cast members, and even some journalists."

If you don't get the Daily News and want to read the article you can look for "David Kronke's blog" on www.dailynews.com.

But wow I just freaked out and was like OMG we got mentioned!! Word is spreading and I know these people!

xoxoxox
Jenny

Wow!  Again, what exciting news for us!  I was aware that Mr. Kronke had written about The Great8Mandate in his blog, but had no idea that it would appear in print as well.  I'm going to have to try and grab me a copy!

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 27, 2007, 03:49:21 pm »

Go HERE for an article that I found on BuddyTV.com.  Heidi was gracious enough to move it to the News.

Be sure to add your comments at BuddyTV.com!

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
flex151
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 255

she's a wonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #382 on: February 27, 2007, 03:54:25 pm »

I just read it, and that's incredible. You should all be very proud of yourselves. Cool

Was the fan from Australia who was "buttering him up" Caryn? Something about the snippet he included made me think of her.

*Kate's Stalker*

What the snap, crackle, and pop is going on?!
x_ch0c0
Inn Chef

Community Points: 492

xxx Pri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #383 on: February 27, 2007, 04:58:40 pm »

Jenny- That's awesome! Does the Daily News go around nation wide? Sorry, I suck at knowing this stuff. I'm gonna try to look for one!

||Never say good-bye, because good-bye means going away, and going away..means forgetting.||

Don't worry, I'm not forgetting. Smiley Bye bye, ORG.
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 27, 2007, 05:34:43 pm »

Pri, it's the LA Daily News.  So perfect area for the entertainment type and LA is a good sized city! Wink

Also, Gilmore_Lover, I can help you in the sig department if you're interested PM me. 

Yeah to David Kronke for actualy turning his blog into print media!  Right now he is my favorite reporter!

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
x_ch0c0
Inn Chef

Community Points: 492

xxx Pri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #385 on: February 27, 2007, 06:19:53 pm »

Okay, so I finally found the time to post this up!

Dear ____________,

Hello! My name is Priscilla (Illinois, USA) and I am a HUGE fan of Gilmore Girls! Huge in the sense of ‘big, gigantic, enormous!’ I don’t even think there’s a word to describe it!

Anyway, I am a participant of the Great8Mandate from the infamous gilmoregirls.org. Our goal is to send as many letters or emails to the wonderful people who are involved in Gilmore Girls for support of the making of an 8th season.

Gilmore Girls is a big part of our lives. For example, whenever I’m sad or upset, I watch reruns of my favorite episodes because it makes me happy and feel warm inside. Whenever this sacred show is on TV, it’s a time to relax, or in other words, ‘me time’. An 8th season can really make a difference in the members of the ORG’s lives.

We would really appreciate if you could get the word out there, or do something to get everyone’s attention on this matter. With your help, we can make a difference. We’re hoping that you can make this worldwide, I’m sure that someone with your intelligence wouldn’t have a problem with that! J

For more information on the Great8Mandate, please go to http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6630.0.

Thank you for all your support!

Sincerely,
                          Priscilla

I know, compared to everyone else's this isn't very good but letters just aren't my thing!

||Never say good-bye, because good-bye means going away, and going away..means forgetting.||

Don't worry, I'm not forgetting. Smiley Bye bye, ORG.
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #386 on: February 27, 2007, 06:54:05 pm »

Good news Great8Mandate team ...

Earlier today I e-mailed someone very involved with publicity for Gilmore Girls and The CW in general regarding the status and likelihood of season 8.  I also inquired as to whether or not The Great8Mandate was making an impact and being seen by the right people. 

I received a reply just a little while ago and the gist of things was very positive.  My personal favorite line of the response was "Hello Heidi -- We are very aware of the Great8Mandate here at The CW and we appreciate everything you're doing in support of the show."  I have to say, that feels pretty good.

In reference to season 8, my contact said, "Rest assured we are definitely working on it."  A season 8 decision will be made public no later than May 17th (as that's when the network announces its fall schedule at the upfront in New York).  However, if the show gets an early pickup it's likely that we can expect an announcement before then. 

We were also encouraged to keep up our efforts.

What does everyone think?  I have to say, that response was more detailed than what I was expecting.  Just the fact that someone at The CW has typed 'Great8Mandate' made me excited.  Positive news.  Grin

~Heidi
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 06:57:18 pm by Heidi » Logged

Flame    Flame
trickyiu
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #387 on: February 27, 2007, 06:58:24 pm »

This is great news  Smiley Thanks for keeping us updated.  All this hard work is paying off.  I don't know if I can wait until May 17th, though.  I am going to send more letters tomorrow!

Java Junkie always!  SSS, love to the sisters  Cool
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 27, 2007, 07:03:02 pm »

CelebrateThat is incredible news, Heidi!!! Celebrate  How wonderful of them to answer you so directly.  It definitely sounds like the network is working hard to have a season 8 and that is very good to hear!!!  More e-mails and snail mail everyone!  Our efforts are being heard!   Nod  Heidi and everyone else who sent out a letter or e-mail should be very proud.  Way to go team!   High Five

the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 27, 2007, 07:06:39 pm »

Celebrate Whoo hoooo Celebrate  It's exciting to hear about responses people are getting! Hopefully Ausiello will mention something in his column tonight....and if not I'm gonna have to take matters into my own hands  Fight   Wink

I don't have any stamps here at school, but I'll be going home next week and I'll be sure to send more stuff when I do some stealing from my mom  lol

Could someone direct me to snail mail I could send and who would be good people to send it too (e-mail and regular mail) Thanks!  Smiley

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: