7.15 - I'm a Kayak, Hear Me Roar
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 30, 2014, 11:56:05 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 115161 Members
Latest Member: DToRot

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 7
| | |-+  7.15 - I'm a Kayak, Hear Me Roar
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Print
Author Topic: 7.15 - I'm a Kayak, Hear Me Roar  (Read 68791 times)
LGLDandRGLH4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

It's over....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #240 on: February 24, 2007, 05:47:18 pm »

Sorry to interupt the heavy Logan discussion but I just have to post this.

I crack up laughing everytime I see it.

I will always love Rory and Logan......

I can't believe it's over.

Gilmore Girls
11/5/2000 - 5/22/2007
           R.I.P

You will be missed,
But never forgotten.......
trickyiu
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #241 on: February 24, 2007, 05:57:56 pm »

Sorry to interupt the logan discussion as well just wanted to clear this up for JavaJunkiee.

I was wondering if anyone else noticed...

If you watched the promo for next week's episode: Will you be my Lorelai Gilmore? If you did, did you notice that Luke is wearing his blue hat that Lorelai gave him in the first season again!!?? I went back and watched it many times to make sure I was right, and I'm pretty sure I am. Check it out here: http://cwtv.com/video/?vid=102

The thing we have been waiting for (sort of) this season is finally happening!! THE HAT IS BACK!! Cheesy

Yes it is the blue hat but the scene in the promo is from season 6.  They tricked us into thinking he put the hat back on.  Under the java junkies thread someone noticed it was an old clip.   Sad

Java Junkie always!  SSS, love to the sisters  Cool
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 24, 2007, 06:03:50 pm »

Well, I was thinking of a common ground. Dani and I already had this debate about Logan last year, only our respective alignments were reversed.

My point about Logan and his father's approval was that getting his father's approval would be such a long road with so little return (considering what Mitch approves of) that it would turn him into a Jason. The way he remarks bitterly about anything "Mitch's approval" related goes to that point.

But (getting to the 'common ground' bit) this is Logan, not Lorelai or Jason. What would be a happy medium between those two reactions to parental overmanipulation? He can't just take his medicine and go back to his 9-to-5, anymore than he can run away from home until his father gets his head on right.

Maybe Richard and Trix had it right- Richard accepted her help when he needed it, regardless of her personal feelings about his rebellion or his. Logan has shown a lot of patience (read: stoicism) with Mitch's approval 'vacuum.'. One problem: Trix and Richard never found a happy compromise about their respective attitudes.

Of course, I'm still voting for "The company can be saved at a smaller profit." Turning his back on the Huntzberger plans for him (risking, maybe not causing a family feud) is not the same animal as it was a year ago when he had no  ambitions, goals, or personal interest in a career.

PS, no worries, LGLDandRGLH4evr, I love that picture! He's a gwonka in a bonkekwonk!
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 06:11:50 pm by lessa » Logged

Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 24, 2007, 07:46:23 pm »

Hey, when it comes to a conversation between me and lessa about Logan, you all had better just jump in with any different topics you want and don't worry about apologizing for the interruptions.  Just shove us aside and start in on any other topic.  We'll be too busy carrying on the debate to mind.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
lessa
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 24, 2007, 08:45:50 pm »

Like Luke and Lorelai? Cheesy I remember something about a mod falling asleep while holding a bucket of water...

I guess we should come with a warning: Verbiage ahead.

So, how about the way Lorelai/Emily compared to Logan/Mitch? Emily was aware of the fact that Lorelai is okay as a strong independent woman, but she can't bring herself to approve of Lorelai's unwillingness to conform or stabilize. Maybe Mitch feels the same way: he secretly wanted Logan to rebel successfully, but he can't admit he thinks Logan has it in him to succeed on his own when he's sober. When Mitch is sober, I mean.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2007, 08:50:56 pm by lessa » Logged

brianmolko1981
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 25, 2007, 12:34:35 am »

Does anybody of you know, whats this song is on the start of this episode (Where Lorelei goes to Rory, and saw Paris and her boyfriend).

This song is so Amazing....

Please help me

(Sorry for my bad english)
The Gilmore Guy
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 25, 2007, 06:28:05 am »

To the pictures above... there is no rear view mirror. Haha that is dangerous!

Grin Cheesy

Yeah I saw that too when I post the picture.
Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 25, 2007, 08:33:36 am »

If Luke is drunk when he finally openly confesses himself to Lorelai, I'll be disappointed in the extreme.

Finally, something on the show I can complain about!

I fully agree with you there; if L/L are going to get back together (and they SOOO should) they should both be sober...Luke is funny at being drunk, though Wink

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 25, 2007, 08:35:43 am »

anonnymouse , your penguin video is halarious (sp?) and amazing!!! Where did you find it?!

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
LovesToRead
« Reply #249 on: February 25, 2007, 08:40:46 am »

So, how about the way Lorelai/Emily compared to Logan/Mitch? Emily was aware of the fact that Lorelai is okay as a strong independent woman, but she can't bring herself to approve of Lorelai's unwillingness to conform or stabilize. Maybe Mitch feels the same way: he secretly wanted Logan to rebel successfully, but he can't admit he thinks Logan has it in him to succeed on his own when he's sober. When Mitch is sober, I mean.

I see a very strong comparison there and I think you bring up an interesting point.  The only time that we've really ever seen Mitchum compliment Logan was when he and Rory were alone on an elevator at the end of the season 6 finale (telling Rory he thought Logan was talented), we never see him compliment Logan to his face so it's possible that like Emily, he would need to be drunk to do it.
lessa
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 25, 2007, 09:24:52 am »

Well, I don't like applying alcohol to yield honesty. But when he came around with Rory, Mitch mentioned in an interview that he'd known all along that she had it in her, even claiming he 'discovered' her. Maybe it will go the same for Logan before Mitch sees his admirable qualities.

gilmoregirl0034
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

ABC family at 5 and CW tuesdays at 8!! my favorite

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 25, 2007, 10:13:27 am »

ROry and Mitchum was just plain WEIRD!!! I didn't understand that at all. Very Very Strange.  To me it was like that Mitchum thought that Logan is going to marry Rory or something which i would die if that happened.  I still think Rory and Marty belong together

"I have absolutely no intrest in changing myself in order for people to like me more.... I'm in a very good, healthy place.  I've got an amazing family.  I have a wonderful job, and people aren't sick of me yet."
04/16/2003 -Shannen Doherty
CRUSADERS
Not ready to say Goodbye to Gilmore Girls!!!
steph_
Inn Owner

Community Points: 212

summertime!

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 25, 2007, 01:46:14 pm »

I actually thik Rory and Logan belong together, but that may as well be how i feel to every boy she dates

ily nega, myra, narium and angela (L)
call me dybbi lmao nega and myra and narium Wink
my name is stephanie !

you know you love me.
Gilmore_Luver_08
Diner Owner

Community Points: 158

Name is Emily i LOVE gg!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: February 25, 2007, 03:44:17 pm »

ROry and Mitchum was just plain WEIRD!!! I didn't understand that at all. Very Very Strange.  To me it was like that Mitchum thought that Logan is going to marry Rory or something which i would die if that happened.  I still think Rory and Marty belong together

I agree! Exept for the marty thing,Im a Literati 100%! But Mitchem was weird..and obnoxiose!

Brenda- "It's Not A Sundae... It's A Banana Split."
Imy- "Do You Need A Crazy Corner?"
Duz, Pri, Sharon, Spencer- "Did You Ever Know That Your My Hero....... Lol! Love Ya Guys!"

One Tree Hill is the bomb.
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 643

View Profile WWW
« Reply #254 on: February 26, 2007, 01:13:15 am »

Screencaps are online.  Enjoy.

http://www.gilmoregirls.org/screencaps/episode715/index.html

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Print