7.14 - Farewell, My Pet
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2014, 09:37:35 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 118457 Members
Latest Member: LAlbertso

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 7
| | |-+  7.14 - Farewell, My Pet
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] Print
Author Topic: 7.14 - Farewell, My Pet  (Read 100808 times)
javajunkie93
Town Resident

Community Points: 35

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: December 01, 2007, 06:11:03 am »

No, I feel like that wave definitely happened before...I don't know when, though.

I actually really like this episode! However much I detest Lorelai and Chris, it really is a heart-wrenching breakup scene. It's like Lorelai's crying because she realizes now she's right back at square one, and the idea of Luke again scares her, I think. I find it ironic that only in this episode is Chris actually the perfect husband, when he's saying, "I know, I know..." there, he's great.
And don't laugh, but I cried during the dog funeral. I'm a dork, I know, but it was sad! Not that the dog was dead, but the look on Lorelai's face while Zack is playing guitar is heark-breaking.

monsoon
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 01, 2007, 11:29:21 pm »

No, I feel like that wave definitely happened before...I don't know when, though.

I actually really like this episode! However much I detest Lorelai and Chris, it really is a heart-wrenching breakup scene. It's like Lorelai's crying because she realizes now she's right back at square one, and the idea of Luke again scares her, I think. I find it ironic that only in this episode is Chris actually the perfect husband, when he's saying, "I know, I know..." there, he's great.
And don't laugh, but I cried during the dog funeral. I'm a dork, I know, but it was sad! Not that the dog was dead, but the look on Lorelai's face while Zack is playing guitar is heark-breaking.

OK, then I guess I can't recall the scene.

And yes, and the episode was good - good enough, strangely to end my Season 7 DVD viewing-marathon - I think I was looking for the episode that would finally put my mind to rest, so was watching four or 6 episodes per day for 2-3 days. Now, I can go back to a leisurely pace, and actually savor every episode, rather than simply getting through them and having my mind go numb.

The dog scene was definitely very sad - and I am not a dog person. I loved the acoustic guitar rendition of My Heart will go on...and yes, the close up to Lorelai's face was heart-breaking.

Tucker
Town Resident

Community Points: 22

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 03, 2007, 05:18:01 pm »

why couldnt lorelai program her speed dial? lol .... she programmed luke's speed dial in season 5... does someone just forget how to do that?  Undecided   terrible continuity

kaylarox
Diner Regular

Community Points: 7

Rory is one of my favorite characters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #423 on: December 19, 2007, 06:42:59 pm »

I kinda felt bad for Zack when he had to play my heart will go on. poor boy.

Nuttmegg015
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 26, 2008, 06:46:32 pm »

POOR MICHEL! I remeber when he got the dogs it was right after the independence inn burned down. It stinks he was in love with those dogs and it is one of the few things that Michel really Loved!
kathioy
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 28, 2008, 12:41:26 pm »

I love this episode and the entire season 7!! I have all the years and watch them over and over!  I am so sorry that the series ended Cry  I even watch the reruns each morning (even though I have the discs!)  All my friends think I'm CRAZY!  and you know what?  I really don' care!
Copperboom619
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: March 28, 2008, 07:24:10 pm »

I think that lorelai really (as much as i hate to admit it) wanted things to work out with Chris she reallyl oved him or at least wanted to. Like in the kitchen and then in the inn she really wanted it to work she was all in like she said at least thats what i got from the eyes.  However i think as soon as sookie said something about if luke was never there would it be chris it made her realize that she can't force it to work.  And then you could tell how she was thinking about it all day she wasn't sad b/c of the dog it was about waht sookie said. The end was so sad i was crying not because i like chris but because i could tell how much lorelai was hurting.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 07:31:59 pm by Copperboom619 » Logged
forfun
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 07, 2009, 06:54:21 pm »

I just hope that they do make it

Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 25, 2009, 10:38:56 am »

I agree with the above post, both LG and Sutcliffe did a great job with the break-up scene.

She will always love Christopher, but is IN L0VE with Luke.

it was nice to hear him admit to pushing Lorelai into this hasty marriage.  Along with her admitting  share of the blame, by foolishly

jumping into it with Chris.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 10:40:49 am by Gilmore Gyrlie » Logged
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #429 on: June 26, 2009, 03:15:10 pm »

It's over.  And all I can think of is... relief.

I maybe a Java Junkie and a full-on Luke-Lorelai supporter.  Yet, that was probably the saddest thing Lorelai has ever done.  These past few years was the worst period in her life.  She lost Rory for a while.  Then she lost Luke.  Then she loses herself in hopes to have someone want her and be with her.  Instead, the emotional baggage over her break-up with Luke still loomed and I think after all of the problems that Christopher brought finally just came crashing down.

There are some flaws about Luke.  Yes, he was distant and uncommunicative.  He did want to marry her but he found himself in a mess that he tried to fix and lost sight of things.  The idea of cutting Luke out of Lorelai's life for the sake of her marriage proved too much.  If she cuts Luke out of her life for good.  That means having to leave Stars Hollow.  Having to leave the Dragonfly to run another inn in some other town.  And find herself in a place that she doesn't know where she is.  Stars Hollow was the place that gave her something and provided a home for her and Rory.  It was the place where she didn't feel lonely.  I think in breaking up with Luke and having gone through all of that mess.  She lost herself and then when she married Christopher.  She lost more of herself and everything.  I think what she expected from Christopher is a sense of nostalgia in reliving their youth.  The problem is that, all of that was a long time ago.  She's changed and grown up and Christopher after all these years, hasn't grown up. 

Christopher, I think to his credit, wanted the marriage to work but realized he made a mistake in having Lorelai just jump and rush into the marriage like that.  He didn't give her enough time and he took advantage of her when she was very emotional.  He thought he had his shot in getting Lorelai back but ended up stealing another man's woman.  I think him giving up was just a step of him realizing that it might not work.

I think what Sookie said to Lorelai about what if Luke had never existed really made Lorelai question everything.  After all, who would be the person to give her coffee and make food for her all the time?  Who would be the person to help in business matters and give her money to help her dream?  Who would be the person that would as a father figure of sorts to her own daughter?  Who would be the person that mattered to all of the people in her life?  Michel even.  He went to eat a burger at Luke's and Luke probably told him to have a big run to lose the taste and weight of that burger. 

I think in the end, Lorelai did what she had to do and that hurt.  She never meant to hurt anyone but she did hurt a lot of the people around her when she married Christopher.  Christopher, I think did the right thing in just admitting guilt and he is the man she wants to want.  In a way, he is the love of her life but so is Luke.  That was something she realized and I think in just ending this marriage to Christopher is her reclaiming herself.  In doing that, she can start all over.  Take one day at a time to pick herself up, eat a pop tart, get some coffee, and just be Lorelai Gilmore again.  For her to be with Luke again, that will have to wait because neither of them seem to be ready to talk to each other at this point.

This was a great episode and I must commend the performances of Lauren and David Sutcliffe for that last scene.  There was a bit of humor in the Chin-Chin funeral scene, that was sad though.  I did like seeing the dogs at the funeral.  Rory's little crush was fine though I do understand why she has a thing to mess herself up.  I'm glad she was honest to Logan about that.  I would've love to see Paris do a belly-dance.  That would've been a hoot.  I also loved that opening scene with Emily and Richard and noticed how committed Emily is to her husband.  Something Lorelai couldn't do with Christopher.  It is a very sad episode.  I'm not happy that she and Chris broke up.  In fact, I think they never should've gotten married or be together like that.  It was just two people putting themselves in a very ugly mess when one person is still in love with someone else.  Now, they just have to have time to realize that they could never be together and weren't right for each other. 
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: