7.14 - Farewell, My Pet
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2014, 10:17:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 113710 Members
Latest Member: duvetehqac

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 7
| | |-+  7.14 - Farewell, My Pet
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29 Print
Author Topic: 7.14 - Farewell, My Pet  (Read 99726 times)
bethany
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 03:46:27 pm »

I swear to you, if the last 15 seconds of the episode are of Lorelai saying to Chris "we need to talk" and it cuts out, I would seriously go bonkers. I'm much comforted after the interview I just read. Smiley

Thanks to Simply Cynical for the sig!
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 643

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 03:48:07 pm »

I swear to you, if the last 15 seconds of the episode are of Lorelai saying to Chris "we need to talk" and it cuts out, I would seriously go bonkers. I'm much comforted after the interview I just read. Smiley

Anyone who reads the interview has my thanks.  I hope you enjoyed it.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
LovelyLaura
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

Eight years...

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 03:48:41 pm »

I can't wait for tonight!    Grin

Ew, Lukelais is just weird.  Really weird.  

And you people are right...if the episode ends on a freakin' cliffhanger -- Chris and Lorelei sitting there, everything still up in the air, unresolved -- I'll be severely pissed off.  I can't live on cliffhangers forever Rosenthal.  Throw me a bone!

Lorelei::
"Tom, I'm lovin' you like a two-dollar whore...Terrific, I'll tell the wife"

Kirk::
"My room at my mom's house used to be a bomb shelter.  Really cold but GREAT for raquetball."

Lorelai:: "I didn't know peanuts grew underground."
Rory:: "Mom, trust me.  I'm a college graduate."
Burtnnator07
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2007, 04:11:46 pm »

Amen!

Britney

"I ate the fuzzy certs....they tasted like keys!!!!"~Lorelai[/color]
april-rain
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2007, 05:04:37 pm »

Ok, so this episode just finished airing here.

Chi Chi's funeral was remarkably sad, even for a dog. Michele was his usual horrible self, but when he said he was going to eat a hamburger in memory of his doggie, I cried a little.

Lorelai finally breaks down and tells Chris he isn't the right one for her - and he said something along the lines of "It took me 20 years for you to say yes, I should've known" or something along these lines. The ending made me swoon and cry! I totally adore Chris, but I know that Lorelai doesn't belong with him.

Rory and Logan are most definitely getting married, I see that somewhere in the future. I hope, anyway. This new teaching assistant is just a "crush", which she fully talks to Logan about.

omgz yo!

Because I love you, you idiot!
LovelyLaura
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

Eight years...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2007, 05:21:38 pm »

"When you weren't there, part of me wasn't surprised."

OUCH Christopher Hayden.  OUCH.   Tongue

Lorelei::
"Tom, I'm lovin' you like a two-dollar whore...Terrific, I'll tell the wife"

Kirk::
"My room at my mom's house used to be a bomb shelter.  Really cold but GREAT for raquetball."

Lorelai:: "I didn't know peanuts grew underground."
Rory:: "Mom, trust me.  I'm a college graduate."
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2007, 05:23:57 pm »

Crickey -- give the guy a break. Just because he doesn't know all the Gilmore Girls lingo doesn't mean you have to get all bent out of shape. Him not knowing what a java junkie is doesn't make him any less of an actor. It was a good interview to read. He took time to partake in it and as a supposed fan, you should be thankful that someone involved with the show -- at whatever capacity -- is kind of to interact with a fansite. Plus Lukelais is a fun wood anyway. You should do like Cam said and chillax.

-MK

Well said, MonkeyKid. I agree - definitely give the guy a break. The fact that he took time to give this site an interview is very cool and I loved reading what he had to say. As far as the terms Rogan and Lukelais, try to be really fair to him because I HAVE seen those terms used on other sites and articles (not necessarily forums). We use java junkies and headliners on the org, but he's here as a guest and should be considered respectfully as such.

I agree completely.  And what a guest he is!  Congratulations Heidi on yet another remarkable piece you have attained for us Org'ers.  He really went into detail and appeared to be happy to give responsive answers as opposed to some you read, whereby the answers are short and uninformative.

Was it just me, or did anybody else get the impression that the Powers That Be may very well have suggested to him there could be future episodes for Tucker.  I kind of got the feeling that maybe if a season 8 was to oocur, we might see more of him.  He kept saying Headliners had nothing to worry about....for now   Undecided.

Again thanks for the great efforts Heidi - it was a great read  Kiss

Please read Forum Rules
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2007, 05:31:44 pm »

Did i hear this right? Did Chris just say he took advantage of Lorelai?!?  Shocked   Huh

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
zeddie
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 45

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2007, 05:35:38 pm »

WARNING: SPOILER.

Yeesh.  I am hating this whole breakup thing dragging out.   Wall GET IT OVER.  I almost wish Chris would DIE - then we would not have to hate him.  

If this entire breakup is made to be CHRISTOPHER'S FAULT then that is BOGUS. I am hating Lorelai definding herslelf claiming, "Oh, i am perfect - you are the problem!"  That is BOGOSITY. After all, she hid that letter - she should have TOLD HIM. She still has feelings for Luke, RIGHT? Ah, it has to be YES, otherwise, how do they get back together??

Ok, show back on...

Lorelai: Please Luke, please please please.
Luke: How many cups have you had this morning?
Lorelai: None.
Luke: Plus--
Lorelai: Five.  But yours is better.

"Liberté, égalité, fraternité, ou la mort!"
IN OMNIA PARATUS
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2007, 05:36:59 pm »

You're sig is fantastic the girls4ever.  You just brought a huge smile to my face Grin

Please read Forum Rules
gilmoregirllvr4eva

Community Points: 4

My Doggie Ginger!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2007, 05:37:56 pm »

OMG i really really hope that lorelai and chris DIVORCE!!!! Michele is annoying...BTW LORELAI BELONGS WITH LUKE........

My Siggy Was Made By LukesGirl....She Is A Wonderful Siggy Maker....So If You Want A Siggy Made Ask Her...Thank You LukesGirl
trickyiu
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2007, 05:40:21 pm »

Lorelai looks really sad throughout this episode.  I really hate how she is telling Rory that everything is ok between her and Chris.  I feel like she is defending Chris's actions. 

Java Junkie always!  SSS, love to the sisters  Cool
trickyiu
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2007, 05:42:02 pm »

Oh my God did she just say she wanted to cut Luke out of her life!!! NOOOOO

Java Junkie always!  SSS, love to the sisters  Cool
gilmoregirllvr4eva

Community Points: 4

My Doggie Ginger!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2007, 05:45:02 pm »

OMG sookie just said if luke was outta her life if loreli would choose chris NOOOOO!!!!! Lorelai belongs with luke!!!!! Chris get offa the show we all hate you dont we??? If any one has links to pics i can have for my siggy please pm me i really want onle plz and thx

My Siggy Was Made By LukesGirl....She Is A Wonderful Siggy Maker....So If You Want A Siggy Made Ask Her...Thank You LukesGirl
zeddie

Community Points: 45

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2007, 05:46:27 pm »

I was TICKED OFF that Rory is having the hots for her teacher and like FANTASIZING ABOUT HIM (oh, and Googling him) at the drop of a hat. She isn't even all the way in love with Logan yet.

What is it with these darn kids?  If her head can be turned that fast, she will be doomed to a life of casual encounters, if not careful.   Logan has BEEN THERE for her, and here she is openly flirting and encouraging this guy.  Ok, i am bummed out now.  Can't ONE RELATIONSHIP be ok on that show?  Oh, maybe Sookie and Jackson -NO there was lying and deceit there too.

crap.  Smash Wall Fight

Ok, GOOD, Rory came clean. But i am still "worried" - she sure seemed taken with that guy - she Googled him.  That ain't good.  When i was in love with my husband and married, i can honestly say i never did that kind of thing.  I didn't think about other men during - you know.  You have to COMMIT - ya know? In your mind, heart and soul.

I am underwealmed.  While the last scene was somewhat touching - it left me cold, depressed - it felt awkward - like the whole storyline was one big bogus detour.  Sorry if i am being to cynical, but... her "explanation" at the end was - blah.  It did not fit into the other six seasons somehow.  In my opinion, with their history, if she had WANTED to love him, she could have.  I am old enuf to know how you can learn to love someone - Love is a verb.  I think it IS LUKE - not just that Chris is not the right guy.  Why?  Because for a woman who SO DESPERATELY was "ready for marriage" she sure didn't put much soul into it.  She was ALL TALK but no action.  She sabotaged it in her heart, then cried wolf.  Whatever.   i am just GLAD this chapter is over now.

At this time, i am not even that excited about Luke and Lorelai coming together again, becuase i smell some more BAD WRITING around the corner. I hope not. I hope there will be some GOOD WRITING for the reconcilliation. Ok, i suppose i wil be unpopular on this.  I am just being a hard realist here. Thanks for allowing me to express myself.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 06:07:26 pm by zeddie » Logged

Lorelai: Please Luke, please please please.
Luke: How many cups have you had this morning?
Lorelai: None.
Luke: Plus--
Lorelai: Five.  But yours is better.

"Liberté, égalité, fraternité, ou la mort!"
IN OMNIA PARATUS
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: