GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 22, 2022, 11:20:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 516
  Print  
Author Topic: Singles Thread - Because we want more forum weddings :)  (Read 1372166 times)
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6945 on: August 16, 2007, 11:31:33 pm »

Hahah, B I like that you need to have tangible proof of that. I Think you should tell us all about him again Tongue

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
flex151
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 255

she's a wonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6946 on: August 16, 2007, 11:42:56 pm »

I'm terribly jealous of him Qweenie Wink.

Hi-ya Kate!

I'm just dropping by to share my bizarro Gilmore moment. This morning my mother was hit by a deer on her way to work. I'm not kidding! The car coming the opposite way hit the deer, and it careened into the front of her car and left a nasty dent. She called me right after it happened, and we even had the Rory-Lane, "You hit a deer?", "No, I got hit by a deer!" conversation! The funny Gilmore parallel helped us deal, as not only is the car's front bumper trashed, but even worse the deer did not survive the accident Cry. Anyway, the entire morning was Twilight Zone-y (or Outer Limits-y, etc. etc.).

*Kate's Stalker*

What the snap, crackle, and pop is going on?!
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6947 on: August 16, 2007, 11:51:08 pm »

Wow,that's quite a moment!! That's so sad about the deer!!
How are you Shary-pie?
I haven't talked to you for ages, you've been AWOL!!!!! I miss youuuu, I'm considering recruiting someone to stalk me in your stead, so I feel that order has been restored

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
flex151
Diner Waitress

she's a wonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6948 on: August 17, 2007, 12:01:55 am »

A substitute stalker! That would be very modern of you Cheesy. I have been working non-stop at the hellhole that is Chico's. Every day I go to work I am convinced the devil has his hand in the land of retail. But on the brighter side, this semester's college registration was eerily problem free! Not only did I get every class I wanted, in the time slot I wanted, but for the first time EVER the financial aid office did not try to screw me out of my loan! In fact, I had money left over for a $300 bookstore voucher, so I don't have to kill myself trying to come up with money for vulgarly expensive textbooks! I would be thrilled if I weren't still wondering what the catch was...it's all too good to be true Hidden.

*Kate's Stalker*

talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #6949 on: August 17, 2007, 12:11:06 am »

Hmm, with the missing posts due to the near death of the forum I better sing this out loud and clear so that for history's sake it is still around:

IVE GOT A BOYFRIEND, IVE GOT A BOYFRIEND! GO ME!!!!

B xxx

ahh how sweet...you are very very excited

well congrats B  Wink

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6950 on: August 17, 2007, 12:14:49 am »

Ooh my god, aren't textbook prices atrocious!!!?? It's so bad Luckily I borrowd most of the semester ones from people who took the papers a couple of  years ago, which was awesome, but I still had to fork out quite a bit. Congrats on all your class-gettings!! Thats pretty awesome, something the scheduling can make or break a class, which reminds me I have a midterm in less than a week Eeeeek.
Yeah, retail is horrible, I've vowed never to work in retail again iff I can possible avoid it, it's gotta be one of the worst job choices!!
What classes are you takin'?

MiniPink
flex151
Diner Waitress

she's a wonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6951 on: August 17, 2007, 12:25:49 am »

My dream course load!

Legal Writing
Criminology
Law & Literature
Political Science: Foreign Relations
Theatre Production

My ultimate goal is law school, but I've been trying to get my paralegal certification since freshman year, and the classes are always full! You have to complete 4 different courses in order to be certified, and Legal Writing is the first. I've been trying to get into it for 2 years and it's always been either full or not offered that semester. I almost did a cartwheel when I finally got in! Dance

*Kate's Stalker*

Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6952 on: August 17, 2007, 12:30:20 am »

My friend's doing law!! She's sitting with me right now. She's done the first year, and she's gotta wait and see if she gets into the second year, that'swhere they make the big cut, and not many people get in
I'm doing all sciency stuff. Criminology sounds cool, let me know how it is!!

MiniPink
flex151
Diner Waitress

she's a wonder

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6953 on: August 17, 2007, 12:36:14 am »

Law school terrifies me. I'd be interested in talking to your friend about her experience, I can't imagine it's much different in New Zealand than it is in the U.S. (though it may very well be). Hey, what did Qweenie mean by "the near death of the forum"?

*Kate's Stalker*

Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6954 on: August 17, 2007, 12:42:13 am »

I think it might be, cuz med school is really different here tha n in the US, for law here you have the first year, wher eyou have 2 papers, and then you  need another major, cuz they only take 300 people into the second year. Out of 3000. So you need another major, to fall back on. And you take those other 6 random papers, and then find out if you're in. Then in the second years there's 6 law papers, and 2 other papers of your choice. Then there's 2 more years after that.

MiniPink
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #6955 on: August 17, 2007, 01:06:38 am »

I almost did a cartwheel when I finally got in! Dance

i totally understand that

i am currently applying to 5 different universities in the Uk...
i hope my favourite ones take me

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #6956 on: August 17, 2007, 08:47:53 am »

Over here, anyone can get into any university... If you pass your finals of course  Grin

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6957 on: August 17, 2007, 09:00:03 am »

Here you need University entrance, that'll get you into a basic  BA or BSc, if you want to do other stuff like law, medicine, biomed, nursing, etc, you don't necesarily get in. UE is basically a certain amount of credits in each of your final 3 years

MiniPink
steph_
Inn Owner

Community Points: 212

summertime!

View Profile
« Reply #6958 on: August 17, 2007, 03:30:35 pm »

Hmm, with the missing posts due to the near death of the forum I better sing this out loud and clear so that for history's sake it is still around:

IVE GOT A BOYFRIEND, IVE GOT A BOYFRIEND! GO ME!!!!

B xxx

congrats B!

ily nega, myra, narium and angela (L)
call me dybbi lmao nega and myra and narium Wink
my name is stephanie !

you know you love me.
lozman
Inn Manager

Community Points: 198

laura, yep thats me

View Profile
« Reply #6959 on: August 17, 2007, 04:54:21 pm »

not posted in a while; but i wa reading through and i noticed all the stuff about universities and all that and had to pipe in with the fact that im about to start my first semester of uni in september and it is quite possibly the most frightening thing ever lol; though i think it is very different to the way it is done in the US and most likely New Zealand also; here we choice one subject (or 2 sometimes for joint honours) and study it, rather than a lot of different ones; from the way it seems from different posts...i am doing film and tv production (yay) lol and yes...text book prices ARE atrocious!!! im quite disgusted!  Tongue hehe

and B yay! congrats, now you must brag to all  Cheesy im not single anymore either, but had to pipe in...hehe sorry  Wink

L xxx

JavaJunkie...Lieterati...Noddie...Flyswatter
F.A.I.T.H 
sig by monicakeller!
no season 8 makes me SMAD
Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 ... 516
  Print  

Jump to: