7.13 - I'd Rather Be in Philadelphia
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 26, 2014, 08:14:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 118805 Members
Latest Member: FRoper

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 7
| | |-+  7.13 - I'd Rather Be in Philadelphia
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 Print
Author Topic: 7.13 - I'd Rather Be in Philadelphia  (Read 96930 times)
lorelover09
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

"I ate the fuzzy certs, it tasted like keys,"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #375 on: October 28, 2007, 03:03:49 pm »

I agree Chris is a jerk like majorly and i really loved this eppie it was soo good i know, seriously how is i that logan did everything in his power to be there with himj and lorelai's own hunbanddidnt even care enough to try and get there imean seriously! ICBD rockss. Cheesy

Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 29, 2007, 01:49:20 pm »

Except "Lorelai's own husband" wasn't even aware that anything was wrong.  If the issue is that he had his cell phone off (which I still don't think is unforgivable) when he should have had it on, that's one thing.  But, it's not accurate to say Christopher didn't care enough to try and get there.  I'm sure there's some crisis going on somewhere that I don't know about, but my not attempting to provide whatever help I can doesn't indicate a lack of caring, it indicates a lack of information.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1266

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 02, 2007, 02:46:31 pm »

Chris did nothing wrong, but in such an emotionally charged situation the mere fact of his ultra late arrival was bound to make things worse. In Lorelai's state of mind over Richard, and with things already bad between her and Chris, it's not surprising that she would think the worst about Chris. All she could think is that she needs him and he's not there, period. Maybe that wasn't fair of her, but in those circumstances "fair" is unfortunately almost besides the point.

And what is it with Luke when he is around Emily? He always gets that deer-caught-in-the-headlights look on his face. I'm never sure if he is trying to be respectful and keep the peace for Lorelai's sake or if he is intimidated by Emily.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 04, 2007, 06:58:32 am »

I don't think he's afraid, he's just uncomfortable around her, because she makes him feel less than he really is...

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 04, 2007, 09:32:26 am »

Chris did nothing wrong, but in such an emotionally charged situation the mere fact of his ultra late arrival was bound to make things worse. In Lorelai's state of mind over Richard, and with things already bad between her and Chris, it's not surprising that she would think the worst about Chris. All she could think is that she needs him and he's not there, period. Maybe that wasn't fair of her, but in those circumstances "fair" is unfortunately almost besides the point.

Yes, Lorelai has a valid excuse for not being able to see the reality of the situation.

Carrie Ann
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 28, 2007, 07:04:57 am »

From a married woman's perspective: I don't think it's acceptable in any situation, no matter how bad the fight is, to have your cell phone shut off. Not only does he have a wife to be responsible to, but he also has a 4-year-old daughter! I'm not sure where he was during his time away. Was he with Gigi? Or was she with her grandparents? What if there was an emergency with Gigi? Christopher still acts like he's a teenager and has no responsibilities. You can do that when you are single, with no kids, but once you become a parent and a husband, you answer to a higher calling, or you can see yourself through the door. Keep the cell phone on, no matter how mad you are!
Carrie
Una
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: January 04, 2008, 04:50:28 pm »

I just have to say,although being a HUGE Literati-I can't ignore the fact that Logan is being just a perfect boyfriend. Seriously. He has time just for Rory,he listens to everything she has to say carefully and patiently, she came there with a chopper for God's sake. I hate that I have to admit it.

Jess: Are you sure you want me to go? Cause maybe this whole thing can be solved between me and Dean if we just sat down, had a little heart-to-heart, he could tell me his issues, Iíll tell him mineÖ
Rory: Jess!
Jess: I promise Iíll speak slowly.
Miranda
Town Selectman

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: January 08, 2008, 09:02:26 am »

I just have to say,although being a HUGE Literati-I can't ignore the fact that Logan is being just a perfect boyfriend. Seriously. He has time just for Rory,he listens to everything she has to say carefully and patiently, she came there with a chopper for God's sake. I hate that I have to admit it.
Lol, I know how you're feeling... I almost fell in love with him after seeing this episode!
I hated Chris though, djeez, how much of a jealous idiot can you be? Poor Lorelai, I really feel for her...Sweet of Luke to come, it should have been Chris of course, since he's married to Lorelai, but at least now we know for sure that L&L are made for each other.

Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: January 08, 2008, 02:36:51 pm »

This is what I don't get.  I get feeling he was wrong for turning off his cell phone (although I wonder how much flack he would have gotten if turning off the cell phone hadn't coincided with a family emergency -and if he was a different character).  What I don't get is the idea that he's an idiot to be jealous.  Unless I'm reading that wrong.  Wouldn't he be an idiot to be jealous if Lorelai and Luke weren't meant to be?  In this case, isn't his jealousy more perceptive than idiotic?

Miranda
Town Selectman

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: January 08, 2008, 10:01:46 pm »

At the end of season 6 and the beginning of season 7 I was definitely rooting for Chris, but he just didn't understand that Lorelai and Luke run into each other because they live in a small town. Chris never gave Lorelai a chance, he was jealous from the start and always felt second choice, although Lorelai never acted as if he was a substitute for Luke. Chris being jealous made him lose Lorelai and it's not as if Lorelai runs off to Luke right after Chris left.

Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: January 09, 2008, 10:46:50 am »

I don't think Lorelai had to immediately run to Luke to make Christopher's jealousy valid.  Either they're meant to be and there was cause to be jealous, or there wasn't.  And, Christopher was very understanding when Lorelai took the time to go see April in the hospital.  So, I don't think he never gave her a chance.  And, Lorelai admitted that there were feelings for Luke, and I don't think she meant the "old buddy" type feelings. She said the marriage wasn't right, but she also didn't deny that her feelings for Luke were a factor, once they got down to airing things out.  On a situational level, he didn't have a reason to think her running into Luke around town wasn't innocent.  Although, I don't think he ever implied that it wasn't.  He wasn't saying he believed that Lorelai did anything with Luke while she was married to him (Christopher) just that she was still emotionally attached.  And, she admitted she was.  So, overall, I still think Christopher had reason to be jealous.  If I had a husband, and even if he never talked to someone he had been involved with, I'd still feel the marriage had problems if I suspected that he was still harboring romantic feelings for another person.  There's no room for a romantic emotional attachment to a third party in a relationship. 

But, do you think things would have gone fine if he had never expressed any doubts or jealousy?  They might have stayed married if he squashed down his feelings, but the underlying cause would still be there.  And, being the wide-eyed romantic that Christopher was (which is why I also don't get the general belief around the fandom that the weakness between them was on Lorelai's side) when it came to her, he initially thought he'd either be okay with her being divided emotionally or that the division would go away after a time and he'd be fine with holding out until then.  But, he found he wasn't.  And, like I said, I wouldn't be either.  That's why (going way back) I can't fault Dean for being jealous of Jess back when he was living in Stars Hollow, because no matter how much Rory said she chose Dean, she did have feelings for Jess back then.  So, I can't think either of them were idiots in those cases.

Miranda
Town Selectman

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: January 09, 2008, 09:21:29 pm »

See, I get your point now (I watched more episodes yesterday, thanks to my new DVD box) but I didn't know all of that when I made my initial post. To me, it didn't seem as if Lorelai was still emotionally attached to Luke, to me it looked as if she was all in for this marriage.

I'm sorry, I know most of you saw all the episodes already, but over here, they're still at episode 3 of season 7, luckily I got the DVDs for CHristmas, so, I can catch up. But I won't post anymre until I've seen all of them.  Smiley

roryshmory
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 30, 2008, 01:35:50 pm »

FINALLY!!  Someone who thinks as I do about Dean having a right to be jealous.  Anyway, back to what this episode is about...I also don't just fault Lorelai for having a weakness for Christopher.  Sure it takes two, but I think he took advantage of her the night of her breakup with Luke.  And Christopher shouldn't have asked Lorelai to marry him.  Sure she could have, and possibly should have, said no.  But Christopher was going to have a problem with Luke no matter what the truth was.  He didn't trust Lorelai. (And she didn't trust him much, either.)
calbomm
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 31, 2008, 08:12:46 pm »

Chris sleeping with Lorelai the night she broke up with Luke was wrong.  She was vulnerable and he took advantage of it, which is sleazy and dishonest.  He never articulated any guilt about it and he should have been punched out more than once by Luke.
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1266

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 01, 2008, 11:38:45 am »

I will say a few words on behalf of Christopher:

We do not know what happened between the time Lorelai showed up at Christopher's door and the next morning when we saw them in bed. For all we know, Christopher tried to resist her and she was the one who pushed the idea of sex. For all we know, she told him that she and Luke had just broken up, which from his point of view made her available. Lorelai was in a vulnerable state but she chose to go to his house immediately after her failed ultimatum to Luke. She is a grown woman and should be held accountable for what she chose to do. After she walked away from Luke she could have gone home, she could have gone to see Sookie, she could have done any number of things, but she chose going to Christopher.

Also, i consider the episode that followed (7.1), when they wake up the next morning. Christopher perceived their night together as the start of a fresh relationship and wanted them to continue as a couple. That indicates he had good intentions and was looking for more than a one night romp. Lorelai was the one who wanted to forget it happened and told him nothing more would come of it. That does not make her look very honorable, almost as though she was using Christopher for the one night, or simply went to him as a crutch in her emotional state.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: