7.12 - To Whom It May Concern
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 25, 2014, 08:36:27 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 114495 Members
Latest Member: ThomasSex

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 7
| | |-+  7.12 - To Whom It May Concern
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] Print
Author Topic: 7.12 - To Whom It May Concern  (Read 95153 times)
gilmore2972
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

Gilmore Girls isn't just a show, it's a life style

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: September 21, 2007, 02:20:47 pm »

i feel bad for rory
she is the sweetest and she really really feels bad
monsoon
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 30, 2007, 10:24:49 am »

Hi, I am new. (See my intro in the intro thread).

Just saw this episode on DVD. I finally felt like the season regained some of the familiar intensity of the better seasons. The dialogue came out fast and natural, and the end of the episode was dramatic - something that was missing in all the previous episodes.

Lauren Graham finally gave us some of those complex-emotion expressions that she's so good at, and I didn't feel like saying "cut-to-the-chase", for the first time this season.

Nuttmegg015
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 26, 2008, 06:40:35 pm »

I think that the note for luke was amazingly well written and a very nice thing to do.  Luke could not have picked anyone better
kimono
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 29, 2008, 08:37:34 am »

This was the episode with the muffin tops and the cutest classic moment/convo about muffin bottom pie! I just love it. Also - Kelloggs started making Mini muffin tops for the toaster - they are like 4 small muffin tops in the shape of a piece of toast/waffle,, they are sooo yummy - surely not healthy, but what's a Gilmore girl to do! I highly recommend them - and my local Walmart has boxes on sale currently for $1.50!
^---goes great with coffee Coffee

Nikki Coyote
« Reply #424 on: March 29, 2008, 10:58:25 am »

I figured Sookie was pregant as soon as she walked in the door but this episode's main strong point is the Lori-Luke thing.
I ALWAYS hated Chris and like everything he does in this episode underlines it. He married Lorelai not that long after she broke up with Luke then throws it back in her face. How could he expect her to just never talk to him, mention him, look at him ever again!!!!!!!
I really can't watch him on sceen Angry

I still feel this Season is a more disjointed than the others, but this time it wasn't quite as bad.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2008, 10:59:30 am by Nikki Coyote » Logged
mrs.lexie lou lou
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

i love the word copperboom!!

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 30, 2008, 06:45:55 pm »

i loved lorelai's letter it was so heartfelt and you could tell that thier fiendship was really strong in a way that goes beyond love.

mrs.lexie lou lou
LoveMe011
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 104

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: September 20, 2008, 02:32:57 pm »

I hate to admit this, but I definitely cried a little bit when we finally got to hear what Lorelai wrote in her Not-A-Letter-Character-Reference. Watching Luke's face as he sat at the table while the judge read the letter was amazing...I think Lorelai did an amazing job of explaining why Luke deserved to have April in his life, and why April deserved to have Luke in hers. When we first met Anna in season 6, I liked her...I could see the similarities between the Anna/April relationship and the Lorelai/Rory relationship. However, as time passed, I changed my mind. It is 100% Anna's fault that Luke wasn't involved in April's life for the first 12 years, and Anna's lawyer keeps talking as if it was Luke's fault. The truth is, Anna made a bad move as a mother when she decided not to tell Luke that he had a daughter. Luke would have made an amazing father through those first 12 years, just like he does after he finds out April is his daughter. I really don't like Anna too much at this point, I think she's selfish and a little overconfident in her mothering ability, and she shouldn't be.

Poor Christopher. For 20 years he's always wanted things to work out with Lorelai, and just when we think it's going to, he finds this character reference Lorelai wrote and is thinking it's a love letter. (Though, common sense should have told him that a love letter from Lorelai to Luke wouldn't begin "To Whom It May Concern.") I have mixed emotions about Chris's reaction. I'm a Java Junkie all the way, but even I don't think this character reference was reason to freak out YET. It was Christopher's freaking out and pointing out to Lorelai that she still has feelings for Luke that ultimately led to the demise of the Chris/Lorelai marriage. No doubt, the marriage would have ended one way or another regardless, but Chris sped up the process with tis little hissy fit he throws in this episode. I wanted to shake him and tell him to grow up. Just like he says when he and Lorelai decide to split up, HE PUSHED LORELAI into a relationship/marriage to him as soon as she and Luke were over. Lorelai was single for months after her breakup with Max, what in the world made Christopher think a marriage he pushed her into that quickly was going to be a healthy one?  As much as the Chris/Lorelai relationship seems to be ideal, considering they're Rory's parents, anyone can see that, as Lorelai says in the next episode, it just wasn't right.

[Cassy]
-Literati.
-Java Junkie.

Rory:I love you, mom.
Lorelai:Aw...kid, you have no idea.
billmask92
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: September 21, 2008, 06:53:25 am »

I hate to admit this, but I definitely cried a little bit when we finally got to hear what Lorelai wrote in her Not-A-Letter-Character-Reference. Watching Luke's face as he sat at the table while the judge read the letter was amazing...I think Lorelai did an amazing job of explaining why Luke deserved to have April in his life, and why April deserved to have Luke in hers.

I have to say this made me cry a bit too, it was so sweet and it showed Luke and Lorelai actualy how they still care for each other. Im Java Junkie all the way but did feel a bit sorry for Christopher having to find out that way.

100% Java Junkie
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 25, 2009, 08:27:37 am »

FINALLY!

A great GG episode, perhaps the show is getting back on track now.

If not for Lorelai's letter, Luke would've lost that custody battle.  Anna Nardini is a BIG OLE BITCH, it didn't have to come to that.

Christopher was already insecure about L/L, if not that letter it he would've had a hissy fit over something else anyway. Roll Eyes

He slighty pouted over Sookie bringin her coffee from Luke's at the start of the eppy.

For all his stuffiness, Richard seems like a really cool Professor  and i hated what happened in the final scene. Cry

Paris is awesome, loved how she took charge and called out Lucy for ignoring Rory.
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #429 on: June 24, 2009, 03:18:52 pm »

I think this is probably the best episode this show has done I think in a very long time.

Anna had to say those things about Luke's relationship with Lorelai and all of that stuff.  Man, she didn't make herself look good and Luke almost seemed desperate.  Then came that character reference and, it got dusty.  Luke looked like he was about to cry in hearing those words from Lorelai.  I think in some ways, it revealed that Lorelai still loved him and probably forgave for all of those things he had done to her.  Hearing Luke calling Lorelai like that, he hadn't sounded this enthused or that excited in years.  The Luke Danes we all know and love is coming back.

I also liked what Paris did for Rory.  Taking charge and being the great friend for Rory.  Settling everything with Lucy and getting Rory ready for the real world.  Paris is da bomb!

Jackson, you didn't snip himself, oh man.  And poor Sookie, having another kid and such.  Oh, little Davey got big and wow.  Oh man, sucks there's no Season 8 because I think the Belleville kids would be a hoot. 

And then... tick-tick-tick-tick-tick, BOOM!!!!!!!!!  The character reference also served as the grenade that killed the Lorelai-Christopher marriage.  Christopher definitely revealed some truths about Lorelai's feelings for Luke as well as the fact that the marriage is a rebound marriage.  I kind of feel sorry for him for being in that kind of position.  The fact that he was 2nd choice to Luke was kind of insulting considering that he waited more than 20 years to be with Lorelai.  Now, that isn't going to happen at all and a lot of it is his fault.  One, he broke an unspoken rule.  You don't sleep with someone's woman, especially if she is engaged to someone.  Plus, he rushed things with Lorelai to get married and now, everything is crashing down.  The thing that I found upsetting was that he made the letter more about himself than about Rory.  That reference was about Luke's relationship with Rory and how much he was there for her.  For Chris, it is a slap in the face of all of those years he wasn't there for Rory and how this "diner guy" managed to be the one to make an impact into his daughter's life.  He also dissed Luke's coffee.  What a douche! 

Then there's Lorelai, who I think right now is a mess.  Her husband just walked out on her because of the letter.  She should've been more honest about writing it but then again, she had reasons for hiding it because things weren't going well.  That phone call she got from Luke and hearing how happy he is in his voice.  I think she suddenly realized that she's not over Luke and she is still in love with him.  Now she's torn.  She is in love with the guy who she felt, rejected her and yet is devoted to the person she's married to but has now walked away.  It really sucks to be Lorelai.

And now, things got worse to see Richard Gilmore have a heart attack.  Oh man, he seemed like a fun, cool professor and then this.  And Rory had to watch all of that and she must've known how scared her grandfather was.  Damn....
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: