GilmoreGirls.org Forum
November 30, 2020, 02:45:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fun and Games Board/Overall Organization  (Read 57160 times)
1orelai
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 22

I am here for you and your sexy beard Taylor

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 04, 2006, 10:08:36 pm »

I was thinking that the world series of gilmore culture and the fact game are taking on some very similar characteristics.  Do we really need both of them?

Co-Creator of the Middies

logansLover
« Reply #91 on: October 19, 2006, 11:20:22 am »

What aboyt all those hit of flops. Could we merge the tv one and the movie ones together. they are veryclose in genre. I mean tv.....tv movies......movies. Aren't they all the same anyways?
gilmoreren
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 36

Fairtrade Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2007, 10:33:21 am »

I had a suggestion that I left on the Fun and Games suggestion thread and no mod has replied yes or no - can someone get back to me please? Thank you.

--
I'm a C19 girl

Gilmoreren an aunty soon...
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 648

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2007, 03:04:17 pm »

Hi gang,

As you've probably noticed, I'm doing my best to clean things up around the Forum and have started with the Cast and Characters board. 

In an attempt to make everything a little more orderly, we now have the following 'child boards': Appreciation Threads, Relationship Threads, Unappreciation Threads.  What's a child board?  It's very simple ... basically, it's just a sub-category.  Therefore, if the Cast and Characters board has child boards, those child boards should be related to Cast and Characters topics.  Still with me?

Now, I've only just begun this summer cleaning effort, so there are bound to be misplaced topics.  I'll do my best to get things straightened out soon, but feel free to point me in the right direction if you notice anything.

Additionally, I'm going to be renaming some of the threads.  I realize that many of you like the extra flair and pizzazz that some of the thread titles have, but in the long run proper thread titles help to greatly reduce duplicate topics.  With that said, I am okay with leaving a little pizzazz in the titles, as long as things are easy to understand.  For example, in my humble opinion the following is a good topic:  Java Junkies (Luke and Lorelai) - 'Cause we all love the chick beer!

Comments, questions, suggestions?  Please let me know ... and feel free to chime in with your thoughts about what certain topics should be renamed to. 

Thank you.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2007, 08:24:57 pm »

Hey Heidi

Well I've just gone and had a little peep at what you've been doing and I have to say that is a lot easier to find the threads you want when they are arranged like this.  So thanks a bunch for your efforts!

And I agree that the renaming of some of the threads is in order.  A lot of the more obscure ones end up getting duplicated because people don't understand the titles.  And whilst some do have a lot of flare, I find it very frustrating when there are duplicate threads, as I'm sure a lot do.

Thanks again Heidi, and if there is anything I can do......if you want opinions etc., I'm in.

Kiss

Please read Forum Rules
PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

Community Points: 354

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2008, 09:09:31 am »

Sorry I haven't been on much lately.  But I think the new child boards that Heidi has made look great!  Organizing those really helps when you are trying to look for something.  Thank you so much Heidi!!

My New Website
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: