GilmoreGirls.org Forum
October 26, 2021, 10:28:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 64
  Print  
Author Topic: Karma - Abused or Used?  (Read 236474 times)
roryg fan
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 78

in omnia paratus (after a coffee fix)

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 19, 2005, 09:36:38 pm »

I have no athletic or musical ability, either. I just don't retain information.
Well, we all have different talents.  Undecided  And, reach different levels for various skills.  I have always been able to do well in many skill areas, but it annoys me that I have never been outstanding or best at one skill. It makes it hard to decide what to be when I  grow up.

@ skf from texas - what major did you pick?

Java , Chocolate , Reading & Gilmore Girl addict
skftex
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 287

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 19, 2005, 09:47:53 pm »

Since I've been working with computers for over 20 years, I'm sticking with that and going to get a Computer Science Engineering degree.

BodhiG
Diner Regular

Community Points: 91

Ozma Lambchops

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 20, 2005, 05:20:27 pm »

You know, I was thinking about the karma thing.† It occurred to me that all the people who are being mean and snarking unnecessarily are going to have bad karma in real life.† I think that's kind of funny.

"Why is it that when you miss somebody so much that your heart is ready to disintegrate, you always hear the saddest song ever on the radio?"

"Where's the baby?† THERE HE IS!"

Janich was my first.† Who says distance is a hindrance?
dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 20, 2005, 06:10:23 pm »

It's making me a little mad that I come on almost every day and I have -more and more karma every day and I don't know what I do??? Angry (evil face) Although it is intertianing.(sp?)

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
leebeasy
Town Resident

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 21, 2005, 02:23:01 am »

I think you mean entertaining?

I know how you feel, I am feeling ,more and more frustrated when I look at my karma, I know it is harmless fun and I do try to just think of it in that way.
I personally cannot see the problem with my posts but if anyone could suggest why I seem to be as popular as decaf coffee I would much appreciate it.

roryg fan
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 78

in omnia paratus (after a coffee fix)

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 21, 2005, 02:34:47 am »

I know how you feel, I am feeling ,more and more frustrated when I look at my karma, I know it is harmless fun and I do try to just think of it in that way. I personally cannot see the problem with my posts but if anyone could suggest why I seem to be as popular as decaf coffee I would much appreciate it.
Cheesy ...as popular as  decaf ... Cheesy  I pretty stick you for making me laugh!  Seriously, I will take a look at both your posts and see what I can tell. I will PM you, but, I will need a day to check out your posts.   Undecided

Java , Chocolate , Reading & Gilmore Girl addict
leebeasy
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 21, 2005, 04:05:16 am »

I much appreciate that roryg fan!   Cheesy

I nearly had a heartattack when I looked at my Karma, both me and dancer1012 have amazingly gone up to positive numbers. Thanks guys!

White Onyx
Town Selectman

Community Points: 247

Buried under a lot of Schoolbooks

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 21, 2005, 07:24:18 am »

You know, I was thinking about the karma thing.† It occurred to me that all the people who are being mean and snarking unnecessarily are going to have bad karma in real life.† I think that's kind of funny.

Yeah that's usually the case. They tend to make others feel bad (who do have good karma). But in the end their karma sucks and everybody gets what's coming to them. So what does that make the mods? And our admin?† Grin

I love the DIRTY emoticon....perfect for the FSC thread! [/color] 

LORELAI: Oh, donít be embarrassed Snuffy, Iím just teasing. Itíd be a Mets cap.
LUKE: Could you possibly leave me and little missus alone for just a minute?
Luke: Got a handful of Barbie.

BodhiG
Diner Regular

Ozma Lambchops

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 21, 2005, 03:58:18 pm »

My dad is Buddhist and he always says karma is a boomerang.  For all of you who keep getting snarked and don't know why, I think the important thing to remember is that the karma on this forum is all pretend.  But the act of snarking willy-nilly is hurtful and will therefore lead to negative karma for those people in real life.  Does that make sense?  And yet, isn't it weird how something so small as make believe bad karma can make you feel so bad?  Just try not to let it bother you.  You know you're a good person (and I know it, too Wink) and that's all that matters.

"Why is it that when you miss somebody so much that your heart is ready to disintegrate, you always hear the saddest song ever on the radio?"

skftex
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 287

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 21, 2005, 05:11:51 pm »

I like that BodhiG so I'm going to pretty stick you! <---Look only one exclamation point, I can be trained.  Wink

Sharon

gilmore24
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 21, 2005, 05:18:55 pm »

I like it too, BodhiG - and if I could, I would prettystick you too Grin

Rory to Paris: You're like a pop up book from hell.

Emily to Lorelai: Walk as you babble please.

Richard: Look at this! I'm walking around, and I'm still on the internet. Emily, I'm going to google you.
Emily: You are certainly not going to google me!
BodhiG
Diner Regular

Ozma Lambchops

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 21, 2005, 06:55:29 pm »

I like it too, BodhiG - and if I could, I would prettystick you too Grin

It's the thought that counts, right.† That's the whole point-the fact that you have made a positive expression means that you have racked up some good karma (the real kind).† I would pretty stick you if I could, too Wink

*ETA*  Ooh, look!  Now I can! Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 07:07:03 pm by BodhiG » Logged

Lis
Town Resident

Community Points: 45

lily

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 21, 2005, 07:47:27 pm »

BodhiG, Congrats at reaching 100 posts.

White Onyx, glad to see you back, your abscence on the board was noticed, glad you are back  Smiley.  By the way, the dirty emoticon is courtesey of Krisleigh & Alice.

I think everyone is taking pretty and snark too seriously. But, it is fun to hit people with the pretty stick when they post something thoughtful, helpful, funny, or pretty.  Cheesy 

Java Junkie - Noddie - Foodie - Spoiled
BodhiG
Diner Regular

Ozma Lambchops

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 21, 2005, 10:13:13 pm »

BodhiG, Congrats at reaching 100 posts.

White Onyx, glad to see you back, your abscence on the board was noticed, glad you are back† Smiley.† By the way, the dirty emoticon is courtesey of Krisleigh & Alice.

I think everyone is taking pretty and snark too seriously. But, it is fun to hit people with the pretty stick when they post something thoughtful, helpful, funny, or pretty.† Cheesy

Thanks! Grin  It feels pretty good.

I think everyone is taking the karma too seriously, too.  The thing is, even though it doesn't really mean anything in the big picture, it still affects how you feel.  One point up or down can make or break your day.  It's sad, but true.

leebeasy
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 22, 2005, 02:49:53 am »

BodhiG and Lis. I totally agree, I am trying to take karma less seriously but it is hard to not take it personally. At the end of the day it is just people's opinions.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 64
  Print  

Jump to: