GilmoreGirls.org Forum
August 03, 2020, 02:05:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Forum Spam Problem  (Read 9402 times)
louise
Diner Regular

Community Points: 59

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2007, 12:31:14 pm »

Thanks Heidi!
*pretty sticks*

this is the first time i've been on this thread but, this was a serious problem.

And i hope this will stop it.

and i wonder of all the crazy places i have been, will it ever be as good as sitting here just with a friend?
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2007, 02:59:51 pm »

Yeah, I'm glad...I think that will make a difference.  I hope it will hope, I always feel bad everytime I notify you about the spam I see....I feel like I'm buggin you, but I know that you don't want that junk on the boards either!

I can understand a little negative feedback at first by changing the registration process, but I do think it's well worth it.

Thanks again to you Heidi! 

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2007, 11:55:19 pm »

I have to say that I never really thought it was that bad.† I mean, sure there are a few spammers, but most of them are taken care of pretty quickly.

To be honest a great majority of the spam threads are very noticeble by either the thread name or the user name, and if you just dont open it, it ceases to be a problem.† Somebody of a more laid back nature, such as myself, just enters the thread and hits the report to moderator button and as soon as possible its all gone.

Whilst I can understand everybody's desire to have a clean site, when you consider the age of the site and the amount of hours that a spammer can have access to it, the comparitive junk that is posted is quite minimal.

Kudos to you and your team Heidi for all your continued efforts in keeping this site of the highest quality.

Caryn
xxx
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 11:56:32 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
White Onyx
Town Selectman

Community Points: 247

Buried under a lot of Schoolbooks

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2007, 03:25:34 pm »

Yeah the spamming sucks, and as a mod ya just can't work against it. It would mean ya would be de-spamming the board 24/7. I'm just to buzy to do that. A bit of spam to clean up I don't mind, but those nasty 'you guys seriously need to see a shrink' kinda spamming. Those I think are a problem. We have small kids online and that is one hair away from being a streaker or something. It's purely done to shock people. But seriously they don't see that they don't shock people, they just make people feel seriously sorry for whomever is doing this cause clearly he/she doesn't have a life and needs some serious attention to feel like he/she is alive. It's sad really. But personly I have no problem cleaning up after him/her cause I'm Dutch, I see worse sex ads on TV after midnight. But clearly the person doing this feels that sexuality is something that needs attention. Poor person, he or she has some serious problems with his own sexuality. Trust me, I met a person who was all in my face about his manhood when I was little.....I saw him last year and he's gay now. So instead of getting mad about that person, realise that he or she must be going threw some mental issue's and this is his or her way of venting that. Sooner or later he will wake up and see a shrink and we'll ALL be beter of for it.†(to be completely clear, I'm pro gay people. My uncle is one so that was in no way shape or form about gay people).
« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 03:27:06 pm by White Onyx » Logged

LORELAI: Oh, donít be embarrassed Snuffy, Iím just teasing. Itíd be a Mets cap.
LUKE: Could you possibly leave me and little missus alone for just a minute?
Luke: Got a handful of Barbie.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: