Who's character you don't like and why?
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 22, 2014, 04:04:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 122710 Members
Latest Member: Akdgboi

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Unappreciation Threads
| | | |-+  Who's character you don't like and why?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print
Author Topic: Who's character you don't like and why?  (Read 52023 times)
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1266

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: August 19, 2008, 10:41:41 pm »

Ok so i dont agree with you on Lucy. Olivia yes. But on Lucy i thought she had a great spunky quirky attitude which i luved but i felt olivia was just her little sidekick.

I give you a lot of credit for finding a distinction between the two. They were interchangeable to me, except that the taller one dated Marty.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 19, 2008, 11:35:42 pm »

LOL I still don't know which is which  Huh

Please read Forum Rules
tennischic
Diner Chef

Community Points: 47

No one can make u feel inferior without ur consent

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 20, 2008, 02:14:52 pm »

Ok so i dont agree with you on Lucy. Olivia yes. But on Lucy i thought she had a great spunky quirky attitude which i luved but i felt olivia was just her little sidekick.

I give you a lot of credit for finding a distinction between the two. They were interchangeable to me, except that the taller one dated Marty.

Why thank you  Cheesy it wasnt really hard lucy had more air time than olivia so i got to see her personality more. Olivia was always just there for me and personally i felt she copied and envied lucys nerve and confidence.

~ playin till dawn ~
*Berkley*

gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: August 31, 2008, 04:53:45 pm »

I SUPER HATE LUKE AND JESS!!!! THEY ARE VERY SIMILAR ...INFACT LUKE WAS A FREAK AND HE RUINED HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH LORELAI ....AND JESS BAILED ON RORY 3 TIMES!!!!!!!! THEY REALLY NEED TO GROW UP!!!!
P.S. i loooove chris and logan they are the best and they right 4 lorelai and rory!!!!

Omg u think how i think!!!!! GO CHIRS AND LOGAN!!!!!!!!!! Grin Celebrate Celebrate

tennischic
Diner Chef

Community Points: 47

No one can make u feel inferior without ur consent

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 31, 2008, 06:07:44 pm »

-ick-  Tongue

~ playin till dawn ~
*Berkley*

Anna-wa
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

It says this is the definition of a perfect moment

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 01, 2008, 08:23:58 pm »

Okay, I don't like Jess. For several reasons:

1. The most obvious reason (for me): He got in the way of my favorite pairing; Narcoleptic.
2. He was only nice to Rory. (Yeah, I know that can also be a good thing. But it's a bad thing too.)
3. He always stole things from other people, and had to be talked into giving them back. (And sometimes he never did.)
4. All he did was run away, not caring at all.
5. He wanted to have... umm... well... I probably shouldn't say that, but I think you know what I mean... with Rory, when she felt most uncomfortable with doing that.
6. He was always skipping school. And when he wasn't, he was getting into a lot of trouble.
7. He got Rory hurt with his driving 'skills'.
8. He made Rory skip school. Rory never skipped school before, but he somehow made her skip.
9. He always seemed to want to get rid of Dean. (I know that would probably go along with reason 1, but still.)

I could probably think of more later, but those are my main reason.

Your hair, your eyes, your old levies, when we kiss I'm hypnotized. You make me laugh, you make me cry. But I guess that's both I'll have to buy.

Rory♥Dean
JazzedPotato
Town Resident

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 29, 2008, 02:57:53 am »

Hmm think I have seen and responded to a similar topic somewhere here but anyway here goes..  Wink

Hate is a big word, but maybe severely dislike, in differing degrees..  Tongue

1. Mitchum Huntzberger & his wife. In every scene I saw this man I just wanted to smack him.. Selfabsorbed, arrogant, shallow, dumb, sad really. The only scene I liked was the one where Emily was telling Shira off at the DAR thing Rory organized, showing exactly how pathetic they were, regardless of their great fortunes. Plastic and phoney..

2. Logan. He did redeem himself somewhat in time, getting a little more considerate and less self-absorbed, but somehow I just don't like him. He still seems selfabsorbed and shallow most times. He occasionally has some introspection/ insight into himself and even some self relativation and self-loathing as per consequence. Somehow that doesn't ever seem to make him to evolve & grow, but instead getting into the next stupid fiasco. A few examples: that trip to Costa Rica where he could easily have died, or his 'break' with Rory where he managed to sleep with several bridesmaides to his sister's wedding, and spinning it like Rory was the one being unreasonable, he really didn't cheat on her and why didn't she forgive him already etc. That I find very hard to forgive, could you ever truely trust anyone who pulls stunts like that...?  Undecided Angry
Yes he's generous with money, well he can afford to be because he'll always have a fallback on his family fortunes anyway. So to me that doesn't actually count for much. Apart from that he's a shallow not too interesting character on the show I think. He always shows his more endearing traits in terms of comforts and what luxuries money can buy (eg offering the limo for Rory to see her mom, buying her a birking bag or sharing his valentine gifts for rory with Luke). Sometimes to me this seemed more like a bribe than anything else, trying to buy people' s affection, love, respect. Simple gestures that cost nothing but mean much more, because they show you care such as eg remembering your girlfriend's birthday, or respecting her enough not to sleep with x-many other women even if you do believe you just broke up, were never his thing...
At the very same time these more endearing qualities are nullified by how reckless he is with money (the fate of his internet adventure eg..) which his family then always helps to solve-  or even worse showing off his most unlikeable traits where he uses his money to try to impress or yield power over people, intimidating them just like his dad, which he claims to hate, and which makes him a hypocrite imho.
You saw this very clearly in eg how he treated Marty, and again with his asshole attitude when Jess came to visit Rory. He seems to regard Rory as something of an accesory sometimes, more than an actual person, and gets possesive if someone else gets in his way. Sorry but even with some redeeming and 'attenuating' circumstances, I still really dislike Logan, because his character is too tied with money and all the effects it has (which he keeps using inspite of all the socalled dislike he has of it and his family), and he just hasn't the personality to break loose from that it seems.

3. Finn and Collin. Basically continuing what is written above. Useless characters imho, just there to set the bratty spoilt stupid rich kids- stereotype & scene at Yale. I agree I didn't care much for Rory since she was at yale, and maybe that is also why I don't like all these characters, possibly. But these two just annoyed the hell out of me with their socalled smartass remarks that in fact were mostly stupid, drunken and immature.

4. Rory at Yale. I like Rory as a person on the whole but I hated who she was becoming, how easily influenced she turned out to be (I thought she had more character than that but she didn't turn out to be her mother's daughter in some respects..) and I hated the rift between her and Lorelai.

5. Digger/ Jason Styles. What can I say, but ewk. I still don't understand how Lorelai could have been with this guy anyway. Total mismatch, and well an asshole. Fits into Richards world perfectly and for that reason alone it seems incredible to me Lorelai was attracted to him in any universe or reality.. Undecided

6. Max Medina. Not so much him as well the combination with Lorelai. It just was illmatched. He was so bland and colourless, that would just have never worked I think

7. Nicole Lahey. Another bland person , illmatched to Luke, no real personality  plus how she and Luke ended, not so pretty..

not too keen on the troubadour either seems a little useless but I guess he just got to be part of Stars Hallow and this is what SH made SH and GG to be GG as someone in this thread said before, same with eg Taylor, Michel etc. They add to the charm and do make me laugh more than annoy me though sometimes it´s a toss up...  Grin The one person I could never ever hate though is Lorelai...  Cheesy
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 09:55:45 pm by JazzedPotato » Logged

Rory: I am dancing, I can not control where my glance goes, and when I can control it, my glance goes to Dean.
Jess: So you can't control it when you look at me, but you have to force yourself to look at him. [to Dean] Sorry man, that's cold
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: November 30, 2008, 12:02:56 pm »

Well, that list inspired me to make my own but as a top ten list:

1. Mitchum Huntzberger

Calling him a "jerk" is an understatement.  In truth, he's an *sshole.  Everything JazzedPotato described is true because he only used Rory just to crush her.  He told Richard Gilmore right to his face that Rory didn't have what it takes.  He's more of a businessman than an actual newspaper guy.  He treats Logan like crap and never gave him the chance to really explore things for himself.  He's an *sshole, pure and simple.

2. Sherry Tinsdale

She's a phony.  She's too perky, upbeat, and manipulative as she makes Lorelai very uncomfortable.  Then when she leaves Chris and Gigi for a big job opportunity in Paris, that was a real low point as she really became a crappy mother to Gigi.  She doesn't even bother to come back to the U.S. to even see her daughter. 

3. Dean Forrester (via Seasons 4 & 5)

He used to be a very good character and likeable because he cared about Rory.  Then when he was unable to keep up with her love of books, deal with her feelings for Jess, and be sympathetic to her confusion.  He ended up making some really stupid decisions to be with Lindsay, marry her, treat her like crap, and then cheat on her to be with Rory.  Then when he got back together with Rory in the fifth season, they were in 2 different worlds as he's back working at Doose's and has become pretty dishonest with Rory.  Plus, he was too unstable and not taking responsibility for his actions.  The final nail in his coffin was those harsh words he said to Luke about dating a Gilmore Girl. 

4. Francie Jarvis

For trying to split Rory and Paris for her own political gains and manipulate Paris into believing that Rory is plotting against her.

5. Nicole Leahy

Why did Luke marry her?  They obviously come from different worlds while she definitely didn't like Lorelai very much.  Plus, she was trying to change Luke with his menus and having him live somewhere that isn't Stars Hollow.  Then, she cheated on him.  Why couldn't Lorelai beat the crap out of her?

6. Tristan DuGrey

I thought of him as a bland, uninteresting pretty boy who like Logan, was rich, but unlike Logan, had no ambitions.  He simply tried to annoy Rory and then get himself into trouble all the time where finally, he got himself kicked out of Chilton and went away for good.

7. Straub Hayden

The man who never accepted Rory like a granddaughter and even thought about getting the baby aborted while saying awful things that made Richard angry over what Lorelai and Chris did when they were 16. 

8. Shira Huntzberger

She was simply some ugly, mutant cocktail waitress who thinks she's all that with all of her money and such.  Once she insulted Emily Gilmore, Emily gave her that good ol' Gilmore smackdown.  Emily Gilmore rocks!!!

9. Christopher Hayden

For his sporadic history of showing up and not showing in Lorelai and Rory's life.  His attempt to break up Luke and Lorelai.  Taking advantage of an emotionally distraught Lorelai only to get punched in the face by Luke.  His pushiness to marry Lorelai and cluelessness to how Rory will feel about the elopement.  Being completely immature, angry about Luke, and then not showing up to the hospital when Richard suffered a heart attack. 

10. Anna Nardini

For not telling Luke about April in the first place.  Making him feel insecure about being with April and then threatening to take April away for good after his suggestion about her move to New Mexico.  Plus, she obviously felt threatened by Lorelai (though Lorelai knew where she's coming from) and definitely felt way overprotective for April. 

JazzedPotato
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: November 30, 2008, 10:24:21 pm »

Well, that list inspired me to make my own but as a top ten list:

1. Mitchum Huntzberger

Calling him a "jerk" is an understatement.  In truth, he's an *sshole.  Everything JazzedPotato described is true because he only used Rory just to crush her.  He told Richard Gilmore right to his face that Rory didn't have what it takes.  He's more of a businessman than an actual newspaper guy.  He treats Logan like crap and never gave him the chance to really explore things for himself.  He's an *sshole, pure and simple.
Grin Glad to see I am not the only person severely disliking the Mitch for abovementioned reasons..  Wink
3. Dean Forrester (via Seasons 4 & 5)

He used to be a very good character and likeable because he cared about Rory.  Then when he was unable to keep up with her love of books, deal with her feelings for Jess, and be sympathetic to her confusion.  He ended up making some really stupid decisions to be with Lindsay, marry her, treat her like crap, and then cheat on her to be with Rory.  Then when he got back together with Rory in the fifth season, they were in 2 different worlds as he's back working at Doose's and has become pretty dishonest with Rory.  Plus, he was too unstable and not taking responsibility for his actions.  The final nail in his coffin was those harsh words he said to Luke about dating a Gilmore Girl. 

As for Dean..kinda sad how that character evolved not unlike other characters.. Still, you and many others condemn him for cheating on his wife (understandably) but I am not sure why not more people condemn Logan for similar things? Ok they were not married and ok the situation was in limbo a little but did that justify what he did? Why is Dean cheating on his wife with his ex who he clearly still loved a worse thing than Logan running around any p*ssy (xcuse the word) he could get hold of just being out of the relationship -not even having cleared if they (Logan & Rory) were off, or taking any time to find out where they stood... He didn't waste any time there did he..? And yes marriage vowls are sacred I am not challenging that but really why is what Logan did there any less reproachable than what Dean did to his wife?
I agree it is not so enchanting, but to me both of these are equally condemnable...?? The reasons Logan gave for these actions to me just seemed like a total cover-up/ excuse. If he were married to Rory, what would it take for him to do something similar maybe a few years down the line with an equally lame excuse, 'Yeah babe we fought so I figured we broke up and it was ok for me to f*** these women..'? Sorry but hey why condemn Dean for this when Logan seems to get his bases covered on all ends, now or let alone in future..?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 11:41:20 pm by JazzedPotato » Logged

Rory: I am dancing, I can not control where my glance goes, and when I can control it, my glance goes to Dean.
Jess: So you can't control it when you look at me, but you have to force yourself to look at him. [to Dean] Sorry man, that's cold
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: December 01, 2008, 11:30:14 am »

Unlike Dean, Logan at least admitted to Rory what happened and admitted he screwed up.  Though he did sleep with those girls, he assumed that he and Rory had broken up.  Logan wanted to apologize and wanted Rory to forgive him but she really didn't until he got into an accident. 

Dean, never took responsibility for his own actions in the dissolution between him and Lindsay.  Plus, he was very dishonest to Rory when she asked if he would've still left Lindsay if she hadn't read that letter. 
JazzedPotato
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 01, 2008, 06:05:09 pm »

Unlike Dean, Logan at least admitted to Rory what happened and admitted he screwed up.  Though he did sleep with those girls, he assumed that he and Rory had broken up.  Logan wanted to apologize and wanted Rory to forgive him but she really didn't until he got into an accident. 
Hmmz well it's not like Logan admitted this of his own insight/volition did he..?  Wink I mean he only confessed to this when Rory confronted him, after him letting her walk into a room full of women he recently slept with (was Logan just being really stupid there , or really didn't care at all if Rory found out?). Of all people he could find to **** (and sorry who is to say he did not with more women..?) he had to pick those that were bound to run into Rory, provided they would ever get back together again because of Honour's wedding. As for apologies, sorry maybe we differ in perspective here  Wink I never heard one from Logan for his behaviour, all I remember is that he said he thought they broke up, so it was ok for him to be whoever he wanted to be with. Which in and of itself is not a great testimony for strength of character but there you go...I am sure he was sorry Rory interpreted that differently but I am not sure he was actually sorry for what he did.

He seemed more preoccupied with telling her about alledged humiliations and all he suffered from her not taking this crap from him, guilttripping her into forgiving him - especially with his Costa Rica drunken-jumped-off-a-cliff-hanger... That just totally showed how much he cared for, and took her opinion into consideration didn't it..?  Undecided .. And after that the 'incident' (if it was that) never got mentioned again by the cathartic realization she might have lost him (way to go on the drama..), being all victimlike in his hospitalbed. He says he never was untrue to her when they were together, but that doesn't seem to stick with how quickly he got over their breakup and slept with other women, without even a moment to pauze, reflect, even talk to eachother see if they could resolve things. Makes me wonder what happened in London, far away, maybe on a day he thought him and Rory were not so '' together'..? I mean, where are the boundaries, exactly? Sorry but to me that just says he might find any old excuse to pull similar stunts in the future..  Undecided

What makes me very uncomfi is that Logan’s messing with Rory’s head and boundaries imho. Pretending to own up whereas he had no intentions to tell her, first rooking/ forcing her into forgiveness, and when that doesn’t pan out his way (ito love-intimacy) accusing her, guilt-tripping her especially after the fall in Costa Rica – where he was being very immature and irresponsible, not just not taking her feelings/ thoughts into account but just being plane-wide irresponsible & careless after anyone could have pointed out the flaws of this plan.

What bothers me is the way Logan manipulates Rory into agreeing to something she wouldn’t want to agree with, and afterwards spinning it to seem like she was agreeing, therefore consenting, therefore accepting to all the stupid and painful consequences being hers too, like she asked for it..
Rory needs to be stronger and stand up for herself against such behaviour, yes. However I believe Logan to be at least his father’s match in terms of manipulating people, both emotionally as well as through money/ power yielded through money and all that comes with materialism..

Dean, never took responsibility for his own actions in the dissolution between him and Lindsay.  Plus, he was very dishonest to Rory when she asked if he would've still left Lindsay if she hadn't read that letter. 

Please don't get me wrong  Smiley I am not condoning what Dean did, far from it in fact - and the same goes for Rory to the effect as she was just as much involved and a conscenting adult. But I don't see that Logan took a lot more responsibility for his actions than Dean did, as a matter of fact I think he would have never told Rory about the 'incident' because he did not seem to think anything was wrong about it. Of course marriage vows are there for a reason and what Dean intentionally did with Rory was wrong on both their parts. But I seriously don't see why Dean gets more criticism than Logan for having cheated. Rory regarded it as such and personally I think it was, yes.  For Dean I have some understanding as he cheated with the girl he loved, how ever wrong it was. Logan just getting off with any girl he could get his hands (who he couldn't care less about but still had his casual sex with) on to me is at least equally repugnant / repulsive in his actions as is Dean..
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 08:06:47 pm by JazzedPotato » Logged

sid
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 02, 2008, 11:33:31 am »

Oh who don't I like and why???

Rory when she is in a relationship (not Rory dealing with Paris or her grandparents or talking to Lane or Rory making pro con lists) - but Rory when she is with her boyfirend because when said bloke is around she one of the following:

a) passive, self centred, treating who she is with as a convient thing to play with when she wants to - with Dean playing him along when she was into Jess and then when she started liking Dean again even though he was married and she knew that Lindsay didn't like him hanging around him (and before people start I'm not condoning the whole him cheating on his wife, I'm not.  He was wrong and out of order and personally I think it was a wasted storyline that somebody anybody (ie Luke) didn't make more of an effort to stop the boy getting married and ruining his life in the first place.)

What I am trying to say is that Rory wasn't exactly not giving off signals that she was interested in him before she jumped into bed with him.  And too me it was that everybody was saying that she had spent her first year at Yale without a boyfriend and hey Dean had been nice to her and obviously still had feelings for her, she had feelings for him - isn't he convient, stuff the wife part, it's not like it is a secret that they are having problems that aren't being help by her continued presence in his life - he's Rory's Dean. 

As for Dean not being sure if he would have left Lindsey if Rory hadn't sent the letter - it didn't stop her asking him to visit to her place for a booty call did it, which in the end that is what their relationship turned into.  She also made him break up with her twice and you are suppose to feel sorry for her and that he was evil for doing it to her, even though both times their relationship was dead in the water and he was doing it a favour for both of them by killing it.  Also the first time even though it was public and humiliating you can't exactly say that she was completely innocent of what he was going on about and both times she wasn't exactly cut up for too long after he walked out on her.

Then when she needed someone to use to get back at Logan - she runs to Jess, with a half a mind to sleep with him even though she still 'loved' Logan.  Though he had some self repsect not to let that happen.

or

b) a complete doormat who has something shiny dangled infront of her and she will take almost anything dished out to her - Jess was nice to only her and made her feel special, then when they were going out he'd let her hang by the phone - but then he bought tickets and she didn't pick him up on how he was treating her.  He is in a permenant funk with her and everybody else but hey it is Jess and that is the way he is so she doesn't pick him up on it.  He runs out on her and yes she ends it on the phone but if he had turned up at that point and been willing to stay she would have probably found some reason to excuse his behaviour.  Fine, they don't get back together and he reappears time to time - but to me the only reason she actually turned him down about going to New York with him was because five minutes before she had been standing outside her dorm door with Dean who at that point she is more interested in. 

Logan slept with with anything in a skirt while they were apart for five minutes - and then when they got back together didn't warn her that she would be walking into a room with the women he had slept with.  Which to me is the more unforgivable part of what he did - he should have told her that he had been with other people when they were apart (even for 5 minutes)  not let her walk into a room and be hit with it in the face.  She goes off in a huff (understandably - she should.  Personally I think she she have physically hurt the boy) and then five minutes later he convinces her to come home with him.  Then he goes on about all the stuff that Jazzed potato said and she goes along with it - why?  She is bright, capable and he isn't that great a catch anyway so why did she let him do that to her?

c) or she turns a seemingly nice bloke... well into Marty.

You can agree or disagree it is up to you.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 12:07:59 pm by sid » Logged
Gerry
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 03, 2008, 09:17:21 am »

Taylor and Kirk get on my nerves they just moan and don't do anything to help anyone out. I guess they are meant to be amusing but it does not come across. And TJ the husband of Luke's sister.So that's the men.

The women? Well Emily of course and Rory for her immaturity but hey that's the plot and why we love the programme.

moonservant
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 13, 2009, 01:32:35 pm »

Hi! I'm brand new! Anyway, I've just finished the second disk of season 4. All of the characters have their flaws but I don't like Christopher(surprise, surprise), Jason, and Nicole.

Christopher: I dislike him because he's... well... he's not Luke! He was Lorelai's teenaged love, Luke's Lorelai's adult love. Face it, Chris was never there for Rory and who was at Rory's graduation? Lorelai, Sookie, Jackson, Emily, Richard, LUKE and not Chris. He's okay, I just hate him with Lorelai.

Jason: He's rude, unattractive, stupid, manipulative, icky, slimy, not Luke and awful. (As you can tell I'm a Luke fan.)  :-P

Nicole: All I have to say is why? Nicole is a lawyer. She's all wrong for Luke. They have no chemistry. Nicole should just fall into a pit of nothingness, depression and darkness for the rest of eterinty, MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: