GilmoreGirls.org Site Updates
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 05:46:09 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  GilmoreGirls.org
| |-+  Announcements
| | |-+  GilmoreGirls.org Site Updates
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: GilmoreGirls.org Site Updates  (Read 11829 times)
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« on: January 26, 2007, 01:06:54 am »

This will be edited and explained later. Wink

~Heidi

------

January 24th, 2006 ...
Want to chat about last night's episode? Or perhaps you want to know what other fans thought? Visit the Santa's Secret Stuff discussion thread to interact with Net's best Gilmore Girls community. Screencaps and Show Spoilers will both be updated by the end of the day. Update: Screencaps are now available!

January 23rd, 2006 ...
GilmoreGirls.org would like to congratulate Melissa McCarthy and husband Ben Falcone on expecting their first child! Check the Show Spoilers for the latest and greatest information and then head over to the GilmoreGirls.org Forum to chat with other fans about tonight's new episode. Screencaps will be added as soon as possible.

News time:
- Exclusive: Lauren Graham on Gilmore Girls
- Lauren Graham Discusses Evan the "Almighty"
- Gilmore Girls' Sally Struthers Tackles a Hallmark Love Story
- From 'Gilmore Girls' boyfriend to 'Heroes' star
- Krysten Ritter: Death Becomes Rory Gilmore's Gal Pal
- Amy Sherman Palladino's "The Return of Jezebel James"

December 6th, 2006 ...
Screencaps from Merry Fisticuffs are now online. Look for the Show Spoilers to be updated later in the day.

News links:
- Gilmore Girls and Its Undervalued Dialogue
- Gilmore Girls executives find rhythm
- An Unsolicited Letter To...Gilmore Girls

December 5th, 2006 ...
Thoughts about tonight's episode? Whether you loved it or hated it, share your opinions on the GilmoreGirls.org Forum. Screencaps from tonight's show will be posted within the next day and the Show Spoilers will also be updated.

November 30th, 2006 ...
'Two for Tuesday' nights are heating up ... "Over on The CW, Veronica Mars (3.5 million, 1.6/4) hit series high ratings in adults 18-34 and tied its highest adults 18-49 demo rating. Gilmore Girls (4.8 million, 2.2/6) had its highest-rated episode of the season in adults 18-34."

Check out the Show Spoilers for new information regarding upcoming episodes and then stop by the GilmoreGirls.org Forum to chat about what you've learned.

November 29th, 2006 ...
Are you kidding me with the aerie girls? Enough already. After being treated to one of the best TV scenes all year (Paris and Doyle 'saving the last dance'), I had to endure another aerie mandate. Who is approving this drivel? Somewhere Amy Sherman Palladino is wanting to poke her eyes out. Sure, those advertising dollars probably had everyone seeing green at the time, but when an ad campaign creates such a negative fan response I think it's safe to say that things have gone south. Shall we sample my inbox? Let's.

"Sorry, but the girls on your "commercials" have to go. They just don't look like or sound like true Gilmore fans. How old are they anyway? Do they live in California? Shop in Santa Monica? They are not Gilmore Girls. When the aerie girls come on, I pause the VCR (so we don't have to watch) and go get some chocolaty dessert. That's true Gilmore style. At first hearing of your new "aerie" brand I liked the name and the clothes, but it occurred to me that there may have been a pun intended when you chose it. After all those girls are 'air'-y." -Bonnie, Ohio

Dawn Ostroff are you listening?

Gilmore Girls + Veronica Mars - aerie girls - Chris + Luke + seasons eight and four (respectively) = happy fans.

Oh, yea, screencaps from Knit, People, Knit! and Introducing Lorelai Planetarium are now online. And if you haven't already, check out the new Gilmore Girls/Star Hollow wallpaper. It's knit-astical! Now, go chat in the GilmoreGirls.org Forum.

November 28th, 2006 ...
Chat about tonight's episode (Knit, People, Knit!) with Gilmore fans from around the globe! It'll be knitastic!

November 25th, 2006 ...
GilmoreGirls.ORG loooves a good time (kind of like your Uncle Charlie after he's had too much to drink). Even more so, ORG loves to party (again, like Uncle Charlie) ... and what's better to celebrate than your own birthday? Seriously, celebrating your birthday is awesome. You get to say, "Hey world! Look at me! I've survived and triumphed another year!"

Today, November 25th, 2006, GilmoreGirls.org is lucky enough to declare, "Hey Interweb! Check me out! Six years later and I still have my girlish figure. Forum crashes, hard drive failures, error messages, and countless spammers later ... I'm still online and kicking."

In honor of this special day, ORG would like to invite all its visitors to a free [virtual] slice of cake. Enjoy!

But wait, there's more!

In all seriousness, the last six years have been equally fantastic and rewarding. When I founded ORG way back then, I could have never imagined that the site would grow into its own little online community. GilmoreGirls.org has given me the opportunity to meet some first-rate people and gain invaluable friendships. Whether you're someone who has visited the site for six years or six days, I sincerely thank you for making GilmoreGirls.org a part of your Internet experience.

As token of appreciation, ORG would like to share the following fantastically fantastic Gilmore Girls/Star Hollow wallpaper. It's so alarming well done that you might want to mentally prepare yourself before giving it a view. Special thanks to Drew (aka Copperboom!) for being its creator and mastermind. His Graphic Wonder-ness never ceases to amaze those that know him.
[800x600, 1024x768, 1280x800]

Again, THANK YOU to everyone and HAPPY 6TH BIRTHDAY GILMOREGIRLS.ORG!

November 22nd, 2006 ...
In last night's episode, there was a scene that took place between Lorelai and Rory in which Lorelai explained her recent marriage to Chris and the fact that she's keeping her Gilmore surname. That was Lorelai Gilmore.

That's the Lorelai Gilmore the show is built around. The Lorelai who has a great relationship with her daughter. The Lorelai who values her friends, worked hard to open her own inn, and is the charismatic and funny lady that we all love.

The Lorelai that gives me hope for the rest of season seven.

Agree? Disagree? Please do tell.

(As a note to all Los Angeles Gilmore fans that didn't get to watch Introducing Lorelai Planetarium due to the Clippers/Lakers showdown, please set your TiVos or VCRs for Saturday at 8:00pm at which time you can catch the 'new' repeat.)

November 21st, 2006 ...
Chat about tonight's new episode, Introducing Lorelai Planetarium, in the GilmoreGirls.org Forum. You know you want to.

November 18th, 2006 ...
Now that Lorelai + Christopher = <3 are you eager to learn where the rest of the season is headed? Not to worry, I have an easy three step program for you.

1. Check out the Show Spoilers
2. Read Michael Ausiello's recent exclusive with David Rosenthal
3. Discuss your Gilmore thoughts with fellow fans on the GilmoreGirls.org Forum

Letters from the inbox ...
"Lorelai marrying Chris is a betrayal of immense proportions. A pox on you for your lack of imagination and your destruction of Star Hollow, and it residents." —Hank

"As a fan of this show from the beginning, my only question to you is this: Has the new writer ever watched all of the original years of the show or did he just catch a few episodes? After all these years and all the enjoyment, I feel like I've lost dear friends and I'm not the only person who feels this way." —Elaine

"I have been a huge fan of the Girls since its conception so I'm happy to have found this site. However, the new season is NOT the girls we know and love! Do you think that the producers will get the original writers and creators of the show to come back? After being a faithful, diehard watcher of this show, I cannot take the new Lorelai." —Rosemary

November 15th, 2006 ...
Screencaps from French Twist are now available online for anyone who wants to relive the 'magic' of last night. More site updates to come later, but in the meantime I suggest checking out the GilmoreGirls.org Forum and participating in our Birthday Contest. You could win a season six DVD set. Oh the excitement!

November 14th, 2006 ...
Chat about tonight's new episode (French Twist) before, during, and after the show. The GilmoreGirls.org Forum is home to thousands of fans from around the globe who are always ready to share their Gilmore opinions.

Additionally, drop by the Show Spoilers for info. about upcoming episodes and check out the Show and Cast Member News to read the latest show gossip (including a new article from the National Post titled If anyone knows of any reason she isn't marrying Luke ...).

November 8th, 2006 ...
Update: GilmoreGirls.org has just posted photos and video of Lauren Graham signing autographs for fans after her Jimmy Kimmel Live appearance. (Special thanks to my friend, Kevin, for being the awesome guy that he is and providing the video clip from his super high end digital camera.) Additionally, the Images & Photos section has been updated with screencaps from last night's episode.

Random rant: I really didn't think it was possible for 'aerie Tuesdays' to get any worse. I figured that by putting the aerie girls on mute that I could save myself from enduring their nonsense. Sadly, I was mistaken as the latest aerie installment featured thought bubbles that included deep insight into the minds of the aerie girls (such as 'Luke & me?').

As a friendly note to American Eagle (sponsor of aerie Tuesdays), I would just like to say that putting your support and advertising dollars behind two of the best shows on TV was a great move (and as a fan, I thank you). However, the whole aerie concept has failed miserably. Speaking as someone who is in your target demographic, until aerie has gone kaput, I not only refuse to buy any of your product line, but will go out of my way to ensure that others don't as well. Happy holiday shopping.

November 7th, 2006 ...
Don't forget! Tonight holds a new episode of Gilmore Girls. The GilmoreGirls.org Forum is available for chatting before, during, and after the show. However, if you're just dying to find out what's in store for our Gabmore Girls, head on over to the Show Spoilers. Plus, check back tomorrow for photos and video of Lauren signing autographs during her recent Jimmy Kimmel Live appearance!

With the new year just around the corner, Lauren Graham is preparing to shine on the big screen in 2007. 'Because I Said So' featuring Lauren, Diane Keaton, Mandy Moore, and Piper Perabo will be released in February and 'Evan Almighty' featuring Lauren and Steve Carell releases in July. You can view the respective trailers here and here.

News links:
- A Series Changes Horses, and the Ride Gets Bumpy
- Graham Cracks Deal
- GilmoreGirls.org Birthday Contest: Win a DVD Set!

October 31st, 2006 ...
Happy Stars Hollow-een to all of GilmoreGirls.org's visitors! What's that, you say? You didn't get enough candy this year? Head on over to the recently updated Show Spoilers section to spoil yourself rotton. In other news, season three's Episode Guide has also been updated and all the cool kids are hanging out in the GilmoreGirls.org Forum. You should too. Peer pressure. Do it.

October 29th, 2006 ...
I don't think my Dad has ever watched an episode of Gilmore Girls the whole way through. That's not to say he doesn't like the show; it's just not his thing. However, because he knows I've always been a fan he occasionally likes to ask me how things in Stars Hollow are going. The following is an actual conversation.

Dad: How is Gilmore Girls this year? Fading fast?
Heidi: What?
Oh Noes Are a lot of people still watching?
H: Yes, for the most part. It's just that the mom—
Oh Noes Lorelai.
H: Recently broke off her engagement to the guy who owns the diner—
Oh Noes Luke.
H: Right. And she's begun to date someone else ... which makes most fans unhappy.
Oh Noes Then maybe they should get Luke back fast and ratings will skyrocket.

My Dad's a pretty smart guy.

Want a chance to win a season six DVD set and celebrate GilmoreGirls.org's birthday at the same time? Head over to the GilmoreGirls.org Birthday Contest thread to find out how.

News links:
- Gilmore Girls is beginning to lose it mojo
- Beloved show's on verge of being dumped
- Who I Was Then (Kelly Bishop)

Flame    Flame
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 07:59:57 pm »

February 14th, 2007 ...
Happy Valentine's Day from GilmoreGirls.org! It's not too late! Participate in the GilmoreGirls.org Valentine's Day Project and send virtual valentines to all your loved ones. With cards that feature nearly every main Gilmore character, there's sure to be something for everyone. What could be better than receiving a card starring Luke and the phrase "Truly, plaidly, deeply - I want you to be my valentine!" If you're more of a Lorelai and Chris fan, how about "Eiffel for you hook, like, and sinker!" No one brings the punny like GilmoreGirls.org.

Once you've shared a Gilmore valentine with your sweetie, stop by the GilmoreGirls.org Forum to chat about last night's episode. Some fans are calling it the best episode all season. Agree? Disagree? Let you opinion be known! And don't forget to read our exclusive interview with Rory's new hottie TA. Cameron Bender talks about what it's like to be on the Gilmore Girls set and shares his opinions on the future of Rory and Logan.

February 13th, 2007 ...
During Gilmore Girls' seven season run, Rory Gilmore has had no shortage of potential suitors. Dean, Tristan, Jess, Logan, and Marty were all captivated by the studious blue-eyed beauty, with some having better luck at wooing her than others. But what happens with the tables are turned and Rory finds herself drawn to someone new? Tonight's episode marks the debut of teaching assistant Tucker Culberston, played by Cameron Bender. While Richard Gilmore recuperates from surgery, Tucker fills in as professor for Richard's economics class and quickly charms Rory.

Does this mean the end of Rory and Logan is near? Will Jess and Dean fans everywhere rejoice? GilmoreGirls.org sits down with Cameron to get the inside scoop about his time on Gilmore Girls and acting plans for the future.

February 11th, 2007 ...
GilmoreGirls.org has a big week planned, with a couple of surprises in store for our loyal visitors! To find out exactly what's up, keep checking the site.

February 6th, 2007 ...
Don't forget! Tonight holds a new episode of Gilmore Girls. The GilmoreGirls.org Forum is available for chatting before, during, and after the show. However, if you're just dying to find out what's in store for our Gabmore Girls, head on over to the Show Spoilers.

Will it stay or will it go? With the show's future beyond season 7 in limbo, GilmoreGirls.org created The Great8Mandate to get the word out that fans are very much in support of season 8. If you'd like to show your enthusiasm for a new season and/or help participate in the Mandate, please visit The Great8Mandate information thread.

In other news, screencaps from 'I'd Rather Be in Philadelphia' are now online and the Show Spoilers have been updated. Don't forget to stop by the GilmoreGirls.org Forum to chat with thousands of other fans and stay tuned for the planned surprises.

February 1st, 2007 ...
Screencaps from To Whom It May Concern are now online, the Show Spoilers have been updated, and everyone is invited to participate in the GilmoreGirls.org Forum for some stimulating chat.

January 30th, 2007 ...
Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattle snake, monkey monkey underpants! Watch tonight's new episode and then chat about it in the GilmoreGirls.org Forum. Everyone's doing it. You should too.

January 25th, 2007 ...
When you run a fan site for six years, you get a lot of e-mail. A lot. Lots. A great quantity. And you know what I've learned? Trust the GilmoreGirls.org inbox. It knows all. Well, maybe not all, but it definitely knows a great deal.

When Lorelai and Rory weren't talking, the inbox was flooded with tears. When Luke accpeted Lorelai's marriage propsal, the inbox filled with happiness. When Lorelai slept with Chris, the inbox imploded ... then exploded ... and anything remaining spontaneously combusted.

But that's old news. The past. It's time to move forward and seek advice from the inbox regarding episode 7.11 aka Santa's Secret Stuff. And ... success! The inbox is happy. Probably the happiest it's been all season. Now in a good place, the inbox is excited about what's to come in Stars Hollow. Oh those crazy Gilmore girls. What type of fast-talking trouble will they get into next?

For the latest season 8(?) developments, be sure to read 'Will Gilmore Girls Go On? Get the Inside Dish' and don't forget to leave your comments in the ORG Forum.

Flame    Flame
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 05:55:28 pm »

March 17th, 2007 ...
Happy St. Patrick's Day from GilmoreGirls.org! Use a little bit of that luck o' the Irish and participate in the Great8Mandate to show support for Gilmore Girls season 8. GilmoreGirls.org is using St. Patrick's Day to help spread the season 8 love. Stop by the GilmoreGirls.org Forum for information on how you can save your favorite show.

March 16th, 2007 ...
Happy birthday to television's hottest Mom!

Join other Gilmore fans in celebrating Lauren Graham's birthday on the GilmoreGirls.org Forum and then stop by the Great8Mandate to help support season 8. Everybody wins!

March 12th, 2007 ...
Going, going, gone!?

E! Online's Kristin Veitch reports, "It's not looking good for an 8th season of Gilmore Girls. Sources tell me that show-runner David Rosenthal has been taking meetings with other studios, looking for a new job for next season and word is Alexis Bledel is saying she won't do another year and Lauren won't do it without her."

Can't live without your Gilmore? Take action! Participate in the GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate to show support for season eight! Viva la Gilmore!

March 6th, 2007 ...
Chat about tonight's new episode with thousands of other Gilmore fans ... here!

February 27th, 2007 ...
Join us in the GilmoreGirls.org Forum and chat about tonight's new episode, Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore?. The whole gang's there.

February 25th, 2007 ...
Hundreds of screencaps from last week's episode, I'm a Kayak, Hear Me Roar, have been added to the Images & Photos. What's more fun than watching your favorite scenes frozen in time?

For the latest scoop about the show, read up on the Show and Cast Member News and most importantly, if you'd like to see another season of our Girls participate in The Great8Mandate.

February 22nd, 2007 ...
Our support for season 8 is not going unnoticed! The Great8Mandate has recently been mentioned by TV Gal of Zap2it.com and David Kronke of the L.A. Daily News. If you don't want season 7 to be the end of your favorite show, join us and participate in The Great8Mandate. Lorelai totally wants you to. Babette and Miss Patty overheard her talking about it and now the whole town is involved. Everyone's doing it. You should too.

February 20th, 2007 ...
Don't forget! A new episode of Gilmore Girls airs tonight! ...But what if it didn't? What if season seven marks the end of all things Gilmore and come September, when shows are debuting their new seasons, there's no fast-talking witty banter to be found? Admit it; you'd be crushed. Don't let that happen! Participate in The Great8Mandate to show your support for season 8!

Screencaps for last week's episode are now online for your viewing pleasure and the Show Spoilers have been updated. Additionally, anyone who is interested in receiving updates about the show or about GilmoreGirls.org, please sign up for the GilmoreGirls.org Mailing Listing.

Flame    Flame
gilmorerocks
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 07:23:34 am »

this are the result from the page of eonline..
Save One Show

(0%) 30 Rock
(0%) The Class
(0%) Close to Home
(1%) Crossing Jordan
(0%) Friday Night Lights
(39%) Gilmore Girls   Grin Cheesy Shocked
(0%) How I Met Your Mother
(0%) Jericho
(0%) Medium
(0%) The Nine
(16%) One Tree Hill
(0%) Scrubs
(0%) Six Degrees
(2%) Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
(7%) Supernatural
(33%) Veronica Mars
(2%) What About Brian
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 12:38:29 am »

May 25th, 2007 ...
Alexis Bledel will appear as a guest on tonight's edition of the Late Show with David Letterman. She'll be promoting her upcoming film "I’m Reed Fish" which hits theatres in limited release on June 1st. The movie also stars Jay Baruchel, Schuyler Fisk, DJ Qualls, and Katey Sagal. Here's hoping that we get a little Gilmore scoop.

May 22nd, 2007 ...
Gilmore. Girls. Reunion. Movie. Could it be?!? TV Guide's Michael Ausiello reports that Amy Sherman-Palladino hopes to make a two-hour Gilmore Girls TV-movie that ties up the show's loose threads. Ausiello also contacted Lauren Graham, Alexis Bledel, and Scott Patterson regarding the news, who all stated they would be willing to consider the prospect of doing a Gilmore movie. To read more details and share your own thoughts click here.

May 19th, 2007 ...
As a small reminder, both GilmoreGirls.org and the Forum will remain online and active even after the show's conclusion. When I launched the site nearly seven years ago, I never imagined it would (or even could) grow into its own little community.

GilmoreGirls.org visitors are among the most loyal and dedicated surfers on the Net and for that I'll always be grateful. If you keep the site as part of your Internet experience, I'll keep it updated with Gilmore-related content. Whether you're a fan who has watched from day one, someone who became hooked after seeing a rerun, or a DVD enthusiast ... GilmoreGirls.org will be here for all your Stars Hollow needs. Viva la Gilmore(Girls.org).

May 16th, 2007 ...
Screencaps from last night's series finale are now online for viewing enjoyment. In the event anyone missed its original showing or simply wants to watch it again, The CW will re-air Bon Voyage Sunday night. As always, the GilmoreGirls.org Forum is your home to rant, share, vent, and chat about everything in the Gilmore world.

May 15th, 2007 ...
Lorelai and Rory, we're going to miss you. Gilmore Girls will end its illustrious seven season run TONIGHT, and Tuesdays will never be the same. Happy, sad, excited, confused, dejected ... whatever you're feeling about the show's final episode, share your thoughts and opinions with other fans in the GilmoreGirls.org Forum.

How to contact The CW ...
For fans who are interested in sharing their thoughts about the demise of Gilmore Girls, please use the following contact information.

E-mail: [email protected]
Viewer comment line: 818-977-6878

Snail mail:
Ms. Dawn Ostroff
President of Entertainment, The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

May 13th, 2007 ...
For years we watched as Lorelai and Rory worked to find their place in the world. We delighted in the show's vibrant characters, followed the girls through their ups and downs, and researched obscure pop-culture references. Every week we felt like residents of Stars Hollow and as the credits began to roll we were always left wanting more. Once the Gilmore Girls are in your life, they're in your life forever. To relive favorite Gilmore moments, check out the Episode Screencaps to view images from seasons one to seven.

May 11th, 2007 ...
GilmoreGirls.org would like to wish Melissa McCarthy and husband, Ben Falcone, congratulations on the arrival of their new baby girl born earlier this month! To share your own well wishes, visit the Sookie St. James/Melissa McCarthy section of the GilmoreGirls.org Forum.

May 10th, 2007 ...
For fans who simply can't wait until Tuesday's series finale, check out the Show Spoilers for a little scoop regarding what will happen during the last Gilmore episode ... ever. Screencaps from 'Unto the Breach' are now online and for those of you who want to contact The CW to show your season 8 support, please see yesterday's site update (posted below).

May 9th, 2007 ...
After last night's episode my inbox has been FLOODED with e-mail from Gilmore fans inquiring how to save their favorite show from extinction. For those that still hold season 8 hope near and dear to their hearts, you can send Gilmore support letters to the following contacts:

E-mail The CW at [email protected] or send snail mail to the following address.

Ms. Dawn Ostroff
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

More network contacts and addresses for Lauren and Alexis can be found on the GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate thread. Update for Los Angeles area Gilmore fans: KTLA will re-air Unto the Breach this Saturday night at 8:00.

May 8th, 2007 ...
Update: For Gilmore fans located in the Los Angeles viewing area who are having the show pre-empted due to KTLA's coverage of the Griffith Park fire, I will post information as to when the show will re-air as soon as I get it.

It's a BIG day my friends!

- Tonight is the second to last Gilmore episode EVER. Watch. Chat.
- Lauren Graham appears as a guest on today's Ellen DeGeneres Show.
- Because I Said So, co-starring Lauren, makes its DVD debut.
- TV Guide has released a few more tidbits from Lauren's recent interview.
- After tonight's episode, check back for screencaps and the latest gossip.

May 6th, 2007 ...
For the latest news on our Girls saying 'goodbye', read Michael Ausiello of TV Guide's recent interview with Lauren Graham.

May 5th, 2007 ...
Daisies anyone? Daises?

May 3rd, 2007 ...
Gilmore ... gone. Grab your kleenex and prepare to say your goodbyes. Our Girls won't be back for an eighth season. A joint statement from the CW and Warner Bros. reads: "The final season of Gilmore Girls is truly a sad moment for everyone at the CW and Warner Bros. Television. This series helped define a network and created a fantastic, storybook world featuring some of television's most memorable, lovable characters."

According to TV Guide, "Multiple sources confirm that Warner Bros. recently made one final offer to Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel that included sizeable salary bumps for both in exchange for a shortened 13-episode season. As is now obvious, that offer was rejected."

Can't stand the news? Don't feel hollow just yet! Join thousands of other Gilmore fans and participte in the Great8Mandate to keep hope alive. We're not stubborn, just persistent.

May 2nd, 2007 ...
Gilmore no more? Gilmore be gone? Gilmore on the rocks? A couple of weeks ago TV Guide's Michael Ausiello made it sound as if season 8 was in the bag, but just today released some unsettling news. Ausiello's Gilmore source revealed, "It's anybody's guess what's going to happen. There's no deal in place at this point, and there may never be. This is probably going to come down to the wire. Now it's a game of chess," whispers the spy. "It could go either way."

Oh snap! Just think, if season 8 doesn't come about, there are only two Gilmore episodes left in all the world ... Don't let that happen! There's still time to make your voice heard. Stop by the GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate to find out how you can make a difference.

Was last night's show the best episode all season? A lot of people are saying yes. What do you think? Share your thoughts in the episode discussion for Lorelai? Lorelai?.

Also, don't forget to stop by the Images & Photos section to check out recent screencap additions. And finally, most importantly, join the Great8Mandate to show your season 8 love.

May 1st, 2007 ...
Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattle snake, monkey monkey underpants! Watch tonight's new episode and then chat about it in the GilmoreGirls.org Forum. Everyone's doing it. You should too. Check back soon for updated screencaps and don't forget to participate in the Great8Mandate!

April 25th, 2007 ...
Hundreds of screencaps from last night's episode, It's Just Like Riding a Bike, have been added to the Images & Photos. Look below for a couple of gems, but don't forget to check out the entire gallery!

Season 8 slipping away? According to Michael Ausiello from TV Guide, "The 13-episode deal [for season eight] should’ve been signed, sealed and delivered by now. Something’s obviously holding up the works." To help show your season 8 love, join other fans and participate in the GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate.

April 24th, 2007 ...
Chat about tonight's new episode, It's Just Like Riding a Bike, in the GilmoreGirls.org Forum! Share your comments, questions, and suggestions with thousands of other Gilmore fans and then head back over to GilmoreGirls.org for the latest Show Spoilers and Episode Screencaps.

April 18th, 2007 ...
Season 8?!? Could it be!? According to TV Guide's Michael Ausiello it sounds as if we might get 13 to 16 episodes next season. "At the show's wrap party Sunday night, everyone and their sister was talking about a short order as if it was a done deal. The only sticking point appears to be the number of episodes. I'm hearing 13, but I imagine the CW is trying to stretch that to at least 16. An official announcement is imminent."

April 17th, 2007 ...
The Show Spoilers have been updated here. Chat about tonight's new episode here. Help bring Gilmore Girls back for an eighth season here.

April 16th, 2007 ...
Gilmore fans! Your wait is nearly over! A new episode of Gilmore Girls airs tomorrow night. Stop by the GilmoreGirls.org Forum before, during, or after the show to chat with other fans about all the latest Gilmore happenings.

In other news, I apologize for the lack of GilmoreGirls.org updates recently. While out of town for the Easter holiday I learned that my Grandma has an intracranial hematoma (bleeding in her brain) that resulted from a bad fall, and once I made it back home I ended up with a bad viral infection that sent me to the emergency room. (Very Lindsay Lohan of me, I know.) The good news is that my Grandma is being well taken care of, I'm starting to feel better, and hope to have more updates online in the next day. Thank you to everyone who sent concerned e-mails inquiring about my MIA status.

Oh, yea, we won the E! Online 'Save One Show' poll! @#$%^&*()! Congrats to us and thank you to everyone for their participation!

April 6th, 2007 ...
The following Gilmore haiku was sent in by Jay M. (aka The Hollow Man) to encourage everyone on this last day of voting for the E! Online "Save One Show" poll.

Make time in your day
Rock the vote for season eight
For Gilmore glory!

It's not too late to make your vote count! Vote once or vote often ... and the Show Spoilers have been updated too.

Vote Vote Vote Vote Vote Vote Vote Vote

April 5th, 2007 ...
There are only two days left to vote in E! Online's "Save One Show" poll! We already know that Gilmore Girls is in [at least] the top five, but let's get out the vote, see if we can pull off a win, and support season 8! Be democractic and vote. It's the Gilmore thing to do.

April 1st, 2007 ...
Congrats Gilmore supporters! Prelimary results from E! Online's "Save One Show" poll have Gilmore Girls is in [at least] the top five! Voting closes on April 6th, so it's important that we keep voting until then. Remember, every vote counts!

News links:
- CW Announces New 'Aerie' Reality Show
- SOS: Save Our Shows
- Evan Almighty Trailer to Debut During The Office

March 26th, 2007 ...
Participate in the Great8Mandate Fan Photo Campaign!

1. Grab your digital camera or webcam
2. Take a photo that displays your season 8 support
3. Post it on the GilmoreGirls.org Forum or send it via e-mail
4. In about a week's time I'll print out each submission, bind things together nicely, and mail the package to executives at The CW

In other news, the Show Spoilers have been updated. Once you've read what's coming up for season 7 head over to the ORG Forum to chat about things with other fans.

March 23rd, 2007 ...
Get your vote on! The time is now to participate in E! Online's "Save One Show" fan campaign. Help Gilmore Girls achieve season 8 by placing your vote to save the show! It takes less than 10 seconds to vote and the whole town of Stars Hollow thanks you (even Taylor).

March 20th, 2007 ...
Do your part! Show your season 8 love by sending letters of support to the following people. Letters don't need to be lengthy (unless you want them to be); they just need to be personal and heartfelt. Simply explain that you love the show and want it to stick around for another year.

Ms. Dawn Ostroff
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

Mr. Peter Roth
President, Warner Brothers Television
300 Television Plaza
Burbank, CA 91505

If 'snail mail' isn't your thing, you can e-mail support letters to [email protected] and [email protected]. For additional ways to support Gilmore Girls season 8 or for help writing your letter, please visit Great8Mandate headquarters.

Flame    Flame
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 11:47:43 pm »

July 30th, 2007 ...
GilmoreGirls.org's recently launched "Where You Lead" Contest gives fans the opportunity to win copies of Carole King's 2-CD deluxe edition of her acclaimed album Love Makes the World. Participants who wish to enter simply need to visit the GilmoreGirls.org Forum and explain how the Gilmore Girls theme song makes them feel and/or what the theme song means to them. Enter today!

July 24th, 2007 ...
DVD7Good news: GilmoreGirls.org regular updates will commence immediately. Better news: In the near future (sometime this week), GilmoreGirls.org will launch a contest complete with prizes. Best news: The DVD set for Gilmore Girls season seven is now available for pre-order via Amazon.

June 21st, 2007 ...
GilmoreGirls.org apologizes for the lack of recent updates. I'll be out of town until Tuesday with only sporadic Internet access. Until our 'regularly scheduled programming' resumes, I urge everyone to visit the GilmoreGirls.org Forum as it is always home to avid Gilmore fans. Thank you. ~Heidi

June 13th, 2007 ...
Screencaps from season six episodes The Real Paul Anka and I Get a Sidekick Out of You have been added to the Images & Photos section.

For anyone who missed Lauren's recent Tonight Show appearance, watch the video over on the Lauren Graham Appreciation Thread and discuss the interview with other fans.

June 12th, 2007 ...
Lauren Graham will appear as a guest on tonight's edition of the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. She'll be promoting her upcoming film, Evan Almighty, which hits theatres June 22nd. The movie also stars Steve Carell, Morgan Freeman, John Goodman, and Wanda Sykes.

June 10th, 2007 ...
The premiere for Lauren's new movie, Evan Almighty, was held earlier today at Universal City Walk in Hollywood, California.

The photo on the left was taken by GilmoreGirls.org as Lauren was walking down the press line. Other celebrities in attendance included Steve Carell, Wanda Sykes, Adam Sandler, Paul Rudd, Eddie Murphy, and cast members from The Office, Heroes, and Knocked Up. From what I saw, there were no other Gilmore actors at the premiere.

Are you a Lauren Graham fan? If so, stop by the Images & Photos to check out additional Lauren photos or visit the GilmoreGirls.org Forum to chat with link-minded fans!

June 9th, 2007 ...
Continuing with the screencap theme, caps from season six episodes Driving Miss Gilmore and Partings are now available for viewing enjoyment. As always, the GilmoreGirls.org Forum is a great place to meet and chat with other Gilmore fans. Dissect episodes, analyze characters, or simply partake in fun and games. It's all there.

June 6th, 2007 ...
Screenaps from Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore?, Gilmore Girls Only, and Hay Bale Maze have been added to the Images & Photos section. With those additions, all season seven episodes have been fully capped by GilmoreGirls.org. Each episode now features nearly 400 different screencaps. Epsiodes from season six will be capped and added to the site in the coming days.

May 30th, 2007 ...
Amazon and Best Buy both currently have Gilmore Girls DVD sets on sale for $19.99 each. Amazon offers free shipping on orders over $25.00 and Best Buy's deal is good online and in stores.

May 28th, 2007 ...
'Luke and Lorelai: a journey of their kisses' is a must-see video for Java Junkie fans. Have comments, questions, or suggestions about the Lorelai and Luke relationship? Share your opinions with like-minded fans in the Java Junkie discussion thread.

Flame    Flame
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: