Lane or Paris
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 01:05:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  Cast and Characters
| | |-+  Lane or Paris
Poll
Question: Who you prefer?  (Voting closed: November 20, 2005, 11:20:29 am)
Lane - 10 (66.7%)
Paris - 5 (33.3%)
Total Voters: 15

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Print
Author Topic: Lane or Paris  (Read 82652 times)
klynn
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 20, 2007, 02:43:24 pm »

I perfer lane but I like paris..
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 20, 2007, 07:58:22 pm »

Some of my favorite Gilmore moments consist of interaction between Paris and Lane. There weren't many but the few that happened were priceless! Gotta love their distinct personalities!

Paris displayed one of her rare self-depracating moments when she first met Lane at Madeline's party. When Lane went off to dance with Henry, Paris moaned that she has never had a boyfriend and Lane found one in two minutes. I also loved earlier in that scene, after Lane got a taste of Paris' personality and told Rory she had not been exaggerating about her, and Rory replied that with Paris no exaggeration is necessary!

Yes!!! Yes! Indeed a classic moment for all involved. And it's so true, Paris needs no exaggeration for sure! I also really like when Lane was staying with Rory and Paris in their dorm suite and they interacted a little. Lane and Paris couldn't be more opposite about things and yet, they both have great qualities that compliment each other wonderfully! Two very strong characters that had so much to the show and to Rory's life! Smiley

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 20, 2007, 08:06:44 pm »

... I also really like when Lane was staying with Rory and Paris in their dorm suite and they interacted a little. Lane and Paris couldn't be more opposite about things and yet, they both have great qualities that compliment each other wonderfully! Two very strong characters that had so much to the show and to Rory's life! Smiley

That was an oddball situation! Poor Lane wouldn't go home and face Mrs. Kim and was so desperate to stay in the dorm that she would bring Paris her morning coffee. I would have preferred she threw the coffee in Paris' face.  Cheesy It was also a rare time when all the roommates agreed on something, that Lane needed to go. But Paris was not overly snarky to Lane that i recall. She basically told Rory in no uncertain terms that Lane needed to leave.

I think one way that Lane and Paris are so different is that Paris is someone who must dominate other people and situations, while Lane prefers to be part of a cooperative effort, her band being a perfect example. Living with Zach and Brian was another example, she being the one who would try to hold them all together.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
shinkeiko
Town Troubadour

Community Points: -17

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 24, 2007, 06:48:31 pm »

I like paris better because she takes control and is not a wuss like lane.

*im awesome*
iloveggirls
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 26

Just looking for something to shut you up

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 26, 2007, 09:29:32 pm »

amen, sister but lae is a really good friend, one of those people you could be friends with 4ever

thanks amber!

I'm Nina_ grey's and gilmore lover_ java junkie~literati~noodie
carman_h92
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 27, 2007, 06:57:44 pm »

I would pick Lane. I love Paris to death, but I have to go with Lane.
iloveggirls
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 26

Just looking for something to shut you up

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 30, 2007, 04:55:10 pm »

pretty stick to you carman. rock on!

thanks amber!

I'm Nina_ grey's and gilmore lover_ java junkie~literati~noodie
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 30, 2007, 06:43:52 pm »

I think one way that Lane and Paris are so different is that Paris is someone who must dominate other people and situations, while Lane prefers to be part of a cooperative effort, her band being a perfect example. Living with Zach and Brian was another example, she being the one who would try to hold them all together.

I really like what you said here. It sure does show what a team player Lane really is, living with two guys that you're in a band with...that says enough right there. And they made it work for the most part! I think that Lane is much to gentle to even think about dominating someone else, as well, I think Lane realizes that by dominating someone else, it won't necessarily get you what you want or where you want. I think Lane's the smarter one in this area for sure. She's a smart one, with a good balance of book smarts and street smarts and combines that with a great splash if humor, compassion, and the passion to do something different and be her own person! My kinda girl!

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 30, 2007, 08:20:18 pm »

... I think that Lane is much to gentle to even think about dominating someone else, as well, I think Lane realizes that by dominating someone else, it won't necessarily get you what you want or where you want. I think Lane's the smarter one in this area for sure. She's a smart one, with a good balance of book smarts and street smarts and combines that with a great splash if humor, compassion, and the passion to do something different and be her own person! My kinda girl!

I think Lane's combo of intelligence and street smarts was used for different purposes, including the secrecy of her alternate life from Mrs. Kim's watchful eyes. That combo contributed to the complexity of Lane's character over the years and was the kind of personality that Rory could easily relate to. I think Rory and Lane both had an inner toughness that was not immediately obvious, in comparision with Paris. For all her cooperative spirit, Lane was never one to be stepped on. That was part of her balance: let's work together, but don't take advantage of me.

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 01, 2007, 09:18:47 pm »

You know, thinking about what you've just said, Jim. I wonder if Lane and Rory ever secretly wished they had the other's mother? I would think that Rory, being a teenager, may just want her mother to go away at times. No matter how close she is to her. She's a teenager and there's just some times where you wish your mom didn't know you so well. And I've no doubt that Lane wished Lorelai was her mom. There's no need to explain that.

I like what you said about Rory and Lane being complex and understanding each other. That makes sense. I think it's awesome that Rory has such different people to relate to and to have relationships with. Lane, Paris, her mother and father, her grandparents, Logan, Jess, the people that are connected to Rory and share a relationship of any sort definitely bring something different and great to the table.

I wonder what would happen if Lane and Paris were locked in a room together for 8 hours, what would the outcome be? It would depend upon the season or the time this took place. But saying that it's in seasons 6 or 7. What would happen? Would one of them not come out a alive? It might be surprising, the outcome?!

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 02, 2007, 10:06:54 am »

You know, thinking about what you've just said, Jim. I wonder if Lane and Rory ever secretly wished they had the other's mother? I would think that Rory, being a teenager, may just want her mother to go away at times. No matter how close she is to her. She's a teenager and there's just some times where you wish your mom didn't know you so well. And I've no doubt that Lane wished Lorelai was her mom. There's no need to explain that.

...I wonder what would happen if Lane and Paris were locked in a room together for 8 hours, what would the outcome be? It would depend upon the season or the time this took place. But saying that it's in seasons 6 or 7. What would happen? Would one of them not come out a alive? It might be surprising, the outcome?!
Lol – I’m sure Lane would have liked to try out Lorelai as a mom and i think she regarded her at times as a second mom. But I can’t imagine Rory would want to go to Mrs. Kim!! I think Rory wanted her mom to “go away at times” when boys were involved. She was not keen to share when she was involved with Dean, even though Lorelai liked Dean. With Jess and Logan she was also reluctant to share and Lorelai gave her a hard time about those relationships.

I’m not sure anyone would survive being locked up with Paris, except possibly Emily and Mrs. Kim. But you reminded me of season 5's ep, “To Live and Let Diorama”, where Rory, Lane and Paris got drunk together on Miss Patty’s punch. Lane and Paris were each having boyfriend problems (real or imaginary) and they showed signs of sisterly bonding under the influence of alcohol.  Perhaps if they were locked up together for 8 hours and had Miss Patty’s magical punch, they would emerge arm in arm! (though I would not bet on it).
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 10:08:09 am by bingbong » Logged

LoveMe011
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 104

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 12, 2007, 11:32:27 am »

lol that is a very good point. for anyone to survive being locked up with paris for eight hours, alcohol would pretty much be a necessity.

i prefer lane's character because, though rory and paris are "best friends" in college, lane is the friend rory turns to when she faces problems and really needs to vent. almost anytime rory speaks to paris it is with sarcasm or in the form of a reprimand. paris is the friend who is very stressful to be around and it must be nice to have a friend like lane who, though she has had her share of drama, is usually drama free and always willing to listen and help as much as she can.

[Cassy]
-Literati.
-Java Junkie.

Rory:I love you, mom.
Lorelai:Aw...kid, you have no idea.
iowagilmore
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: March 02, 2008, 06:36:40 pm »

I would pick Lane over Paris.  Paris was just too intense most of the time.  Smiley
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #253 on: March 03, 2008, 01:27:43 pm »

I'm more of a Paris dude.  She's intense, funny, and very opinionated.  She has a very kooky, neurotic personality that's fun though very controlling.  Lane seems like the better friend since she's more laid-back, a total audiophile.  Both have opinions about art and such as well as things.  Yet, they're both great for Rory.  Isn't Paris a law-student of sorts while doing medical?  She could be useful for Lane and her band, in case they need a legal advisor for contracts and such when they get a record deal. 
katlyn13579
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 18

Happy Birthday Lauren!!!

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: March 07, 2008, 10:01:35 pm »

paris is kinda weird so i say lane she is like a sister to rory.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: