7.10 - Merry Fisticuffs
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2014, 08:44:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 114058 Members
Latest Member: XDods

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 7
| | |-+  7.10 - Merry Fisticuffs
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37 Print
Author Topic: 7.10 - Merry Fisticuffs  (Read 104975 times)
haileyerin
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2006, 05:04:55 pm »

I hate that house.
angel92403
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2006, 05:06:12 pm »

Yay it's on, I am hoping Lor and Luke get back together.. Not a big fan of Chris either.. Nor am I big fan of Logan.. Liked Jess better.. Lol.. But Jess and Rory won't be happening I dont think.. Geez.. Roll Eyes
jayde
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2006, 05:18:00 pm »

Man, that fight...the Christmas display.. the twinkly Christmas music! I gotta admit the bizarreness of it all made me laugh.

For a while there it seemed like the type of fight where they guys beat each other up and then hug because they are now best buddies. "I respect you now!" Well, we know that's not going to happen. They just didn't seem very angry with each other after. It's kind of like when two animals have a fight, realize there is no one distinct winner and then give each other distance.

Someone mentioned it before and I didn't believe it at the time but Logan is more mature than Chris. Pretty scary.

I liked the episode but I feel like my feelings are being manipulated blatantly by how the characters are being written. Viewer marionette time. I know Chris is immature, but he was showing more signs of being over a lot of his immaturity earlier in the season when the goal was to get more people in favor of Chris and willing to at least acknowledge Lorelai's connection with him. Now it's clear we're moving the other way, getting ready to oust Chris for good, and so he's being a total nimrod. I understand some mild jealousy of Luke but this was over the top. Lorelai was cooing over Luke's niece, not cooing over Luke!

Emily is right. I rarely agree with Emily but her discussion about compromise and not always winning the fight is true. I guess I'm feeling disappointed all over again because this marriage won't work (because it can't for the L/L union to be the end goal). It's just sad Lorelai is going to have a failed marriage in her history. Having a marriage fall apart usually brings about a lot of soul searching on how to make relationships work etc which is a recurring theme with Lorelai. I just feel there isn't time in the season to really deal with that. It's just going to be rushed into a suddenly very optimistic relationship with Luke, where all previous issues are somehow "okay". I wonder if I'm going to find the rest of this season believable.

I'm siding with Logan concerning the whole issue of Rory and Marty hiding the truth from Lucy, but it would have been better for them to skip supper until Rory had a chance to tell Lucy alone. Lucy really did get humiliated there. Logan will leave again and it won't affect his life, but Rory has (at least temporarily) lost her friend group. His motives may be right but the timing was all wrong. Marty needs to freaking grow up.
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2006, 05:20:18 pm »

Well, the party planning seems to be going...well it's going! Lorelai, gotta love her, mentioned my FAVORITE musical...RENT! I thought that was so awesome that they were speaking of La Bohem and then good ol' Lorelai put a bit about RENT in there! What a great wedding party that would be - all RENT style! Smiley haha It was be SO Lorelai - that's for sure!

Well, I'm back to my television set...I'm all set for whatever happens between Luke and Chris! I wouldn't say it's not Gilmore Girls, Gilmore Girls can be whatever it wants, right? Smiley I would say that it's great that they are getting some good hand to hand action in there, definitely something that would happen in a small town. A shooting would seem a little out of place, don't ya think?! (NOT that it would ever happen in Stars Hallow!) I think it's good that they keep us fans guessing what's around the corner!

Glad that Lorelai stuck with staying in Stars Hallow! I really hope Chris isn't just saying he's alright with staying there, it's not really his type of place to be, it doesn't seem. We'll see I guess.

It's back on....
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 05:33:34 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
alexisx3
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2006, 05:25:08 pm »

Commercial break!
Lorelai mentioned Rent! That's my favorite musical, too!  Wink
Aw, the Lorelai and Luke scene is was so adorable. Doula's going to be a little pick-pocketing pianist, aw.  Smiley Christopher is going to overreact, I can just sense it. That was quite a dirty look he gave them.
I'll add more to my post when I see more of the episode.

Ew. Christopher never fails to disturb me. He's so desperate and pathetic. He deserves to get in the fight with Luke. Why is he mad at Lorelai because she doesn't want to go so fast? I mean seriously!  Wall Ugh!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 05:33:25 pm by alexisx3 » Logged
jayde
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2006, 05:34:16 pm »

Seems like the show airs earlier where I am than anywhere else! I probably need to wait an hour after the show is over here to post at the time it finishes up for the rest of you.  Lips Sealed
zeddie
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 45

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2006, 05:36:42 pm »

i'm sorry, but did the cast suddenly go to Mars?  What was that bed discussion.  Huh  Who would talk about that subject in such a junvenile manner - the show is losing me.  i can't stand to see Lorelai on eddshells for the entire show.  i thought the house was nice, actually, what i saw.

i am likeing the Rory-Logan thread better.  Someone save poor Lor.  Cry

Ok, i make that, someone save poor Christopher before this latest break.  This is just not believable, unless you are Brittany Spears in the role of Lorelai
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 05:43:21 pm by zeddie » Logged

Lorelai: Please Luke, please please please.
Luke: How many cups have you had this morning?
Lorelai: None.
Luke: Plus--
Lorelai: Five.  But yours is better.

"Liberté, égalité, fraternité, ou la mort!"
IN OMNIA PARATUS
jayde
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2006, 05:40:08 pm »

i'm sorry, but did the cast suddenly go to Mars?  What was that bed discussion.  Huh  Who would talk about that subject in such a junvenile manner - the show is losing me.

This is my point! Chris is immature but not that clueless. The writers are just priming the audience for the inevitable C/L break up (not that the majority of the audience needs much priming). Chris is like a Jekyl/Hyde personality it seems, depending on what his current role needs to be.
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2006, 05:40:25 pm »

Commercial break!
Lorelai mentioned Rent! That's my favorite musical, too!  Wink
Aw, the Lorelai and Luke scene is was so adorable. Doula's going to be a little pick-pocketing pianist, aw.  Smiley Christopher is going to overreact, I can just sense it. That was quite a dirty look he gave them.
I'll add more to my post when I see more of the episode.

Ew. Christopher never fails to disturb me. He's so desperate and pathetic. He deserves to get in the fight with Luke. Why is he mad at Lorelai because she doesn't want to go so fast? I mean seriously!  Wall Ugh!

OK I had to comment on your sentance about Luke and Lorelai looking adorable together. They looked not only adorable, but they looked..."right" and meant to be when they were standing outside the store and Lorelai was holding Dula. (Wasn't that baby a little big for only 11 days old? Just a thought I had when seeing Lorelai take her out of the stroller.) Luke and Lorelai have always seemed to just connect perfectly and look as though they just, belong together! (That's just how I see it right now!)

Chris is disturbing - especially when he was acting all weird about Lorelai not wanting another child rignt now. I realize he just saw her with Luke holding a baby, but he was just rubbing me the wrong way tonight! I wish that Lorelai could act comfortable and at ease with Christopher...but I don't see that happening anytime soon, unfortunately! He's always in such a rush and quite pushy at times...he says he understands where Lorelai is coming from and all but really...does he? And he really needs to stop using money to entice (sp?) Lorelai! It doesn't seem like something that she's ever been in favor of or held important to her before, I don't know why he'd think it was now. If he really knew her, he would know that...among other things! UGH!  Wall

Logan seems to be quite "Logan" tonight...it whole Marty thing is weird too - it would be quite awkward for them to have dinner I would imagine. I'm thinking it's just Logan's way to make sure there really isn't anything there between them. Interesting.

The 'fight' hasn't broken yet so I'm back to the TV so I don't miss a thing! I just had to comment on a few things during commerical! Smiley

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
zeddie

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2006, 05:45:00 pm »

First Chris is a dork, then Lorelai is a dork, why don't they just say it, "Hey, we hate each other now, so let's call the whole thing off" (set to music) so Lorelai can marry Luke and the show can end.  I am getting sick of it, sorry kiddies.

Lucy bothers me.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 05:48:25 pm by zeddie » Logged

IN OMNIA PARATUS
jayde
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2006, 05:51:01 pm »

Lucy needs some iron or something. Poor girl is pale as snow. Then again black hair accentuates the pale. I wonder how long it'll take for her and Rory (and Olivia) to patch things up.
alexisx3
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2006, 05:54:56 pm »

Lucy's very bothersome. How was Marty attracted to the girl? She's a regular pain. And yes, she needs a tan. Also, the red lipstick doesn't exactly do wonders for the girl. Rory and Logan fighting? How predictable.
Christopher is just pushy, pushy, pushy. Another attraction that I don't understand. God, idiot, she doesn't want to be married to you!
Fight time!  Shocked Luke hits Chris across the jaw and he falls to the ground! That seemed like a first punch to me. And the no talking thing? Am I the only one who was creeped out by that? It was eerie.

AERIE GIRLS... SHUT THE :Censor: UP ALREADY! Loreai-Christopher-Lorelai-Luke-Rory-Logan-Rory-Christopher-Luke-Logan-Lorelai-Dean-Christopher.
WHO'S MORE OBNOXIOUS?  Angry

Otherwise, the episode was okay, but all of the characters have seemed to change. Except for Christopher- he's always been obnoxious and idiotic.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 06:02:43 pm by alexisx3 » Logged
jayde
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2006, 05:59:25 pm »

No talking. Just fighting, destroying the Christmas decorations in the process, and twinkly Christmas music to add to the weirdity.
zeddie

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2006, 06:00:30 pm »

Emily saved the show for me, by saying what i wanted to say to her. I mean, if the marriage is going to fall apart, let it be because they are not right for each other, not because she is a selfish child who has to win EVERYTHING.  Lorelai is just too selfish to be in ANY marriage.   If she does not change, she should remain single, cuz no man will put up with that for long, not Chris, not Luke, not the Stay Puft Man.

I was NOT creeped out by the no talking fight - men are doers, not talkers, and they knew exactly what the fight was about - no words necessary - not for me.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 06:03:48 pm by zeddie » Logged

IN OMNIA PARATUS
iTsNowOrNever
Diner Owner

Community Points: 61

It's Now or Never...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2006, 06:03:03 pm »

so that was a pretty good episode, i definetly called the fight being in the last 5 minutes haha. but it was so pathetic! i thought there was going to be yelling and stuff, but nothing, just a drunken Chris and a frustrated Luke..
And I feel sooo bad for Rory!

i<3 brenda.britney.gena.duz!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: