6.08 - Let Me Hear Your Balalaikas Ringing Out
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 22, 2014, 05:12:34 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475985 Posts in 1571 Topics by 109657 Members
Latest Member: XKJC

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.08 - Let Me Hear Your Balalaikas Ringing Out
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print
Author Topic: 6.08 - Let Me Hear Your Balalaikas Ringing Out  (Read 55752 times)
GilmoreAddict7899
Diner Chef

Community Points: 399

in Omnia Paratus...

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 27, 2007, 07:11:54 am »

Yeah. It would be really cool if they had it in stores. Even though Milo didn't write it, it would be cool if they had a book called that and about what Jess would have putten in it.
oh my gosh I know i have totally always thought that!! I think amy would be able to write that. perhaps a really talented fanfic writer would be able to write like a chapter or something!

OMG! That would be amazing. When I first saw this epii I looked "The Subsect" up on the internet and got nothing  Undecided I was sad. I would totally read it. Just the thought makes me sooo happy!  Cheesy

Java Junkie-Litliner.....Kim =)
tranquilsquall
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 02, 2007, 02:34:52 pm »

I just saw this episode, really liked it.

I think in terms of the whole Logan/jealousy deal, I really felt like maybe Logan was not the only one jealous. When Logan showed up at the Gilmores and Rory says the word "boyfriend" it felt like Jess' heart kind of sank. While it appears as if Jess has matured A LOT, and I don't think he was planning on springing another "run off with me to... Philly!" I think he obviously still feels a lot for her. But what amazing composure he handled himself with! I know he kind of tells Logan off, "yeah, I'll send it to the blonde dick at Yale" but at this point it's completely justifiable, I think the old Jess would have been far more sarcastic from the onset and probably punched him in the eye. Not to mention when Rory and Jess talk afterwards, he doesn't lose his temper really, he's frustrated at whatever is going on in her life because he really cares about her but doesn't act irrational and just shut her off, he even leaves the invitation open that they should meet again on better terms, instead of say running of to California and refusing to deal with it. I think he's grown up a lot. And him writing a book is very cool!

I've been liking Logan less but not really due to this episode. I feel like some of his initial charm is wearing off, and like Rory says she doesn't just want to party all the time, she wants to be striving towards something. The main thing I don't like is his elitist attitude sometimes, like when he gives her the purse and he's like why don't you talk to my sister about how to use it. I felt like it was somewhat insinuating that he at least partially agrees with his family that she's not really apart of his class, yet by giving her a gift like that he wants her to be. Maybe I'm reading too much into that.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 02:36:48 pm by tranquilsquall » Logged
iloveggirls
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 26

Just looking for something to shut you up

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 02, 2007, 03:29:12 pm »

i didnt really see it that way but i understand what youre saying

I've been liking Logan less but not really due to this episode. I feel like some of his initial charm is wearing off, and like Rory says she doesn't just want to party all the time, she wants to be striving towards something. The main thing I don't like is his elitist attitude sometimes, like when he gives her the purse and he's like why don't you talk to my sister about how to use it. I felt like it was somewhat insinuating that he at least partially agrees with his family that she's not really apart of his class, yet by giving her a gift like that he wants her to be. Maybe I'm reading too much into that.

thanks amber!

I'm Nina_ grey's and gilmore lover_ java junkie~literati~noodie
gracelandia
Town Selectman

Community Points: 220

{GrAcE}

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: November 23, 2007, 04:18:56 pm »

hoo ha for Jess! 

opposite of hoo ha for logan!!!

short but sweet

AT LAST A MEMBER OF THE CRAZIEE CLUB
I don't look a day over 89 years and 364 days!
Me and Lexie love pink lemonade!!
ilovegilmore101
Town Resident

Community Points: 35

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: November 23, 2007, 04:30:07 pm »

Yeah. It would be really cool if they had it in stores. Even though Milo didn't write it, it would be cool if they had a book called that and about what Jess would have putten in it.
OMG! That would be amazing. When I first saw this epii I looked "The Subsect" up on the internet and got nothing   I was sad. I would totally read it. Just the thought makes me sooo happy! 

There is a book called "Subsect" by James Armstrong ( i had to read it once for school)but it has nothing to do with Jess's Subsect

Will you be my Edward Cullen??

^ made by mel. Pleased]

Dream Team For President!!

~October 5, 2000-May 15, 2007~
~March 10, 1997- May 19, 2003~
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: April 25, 2008, 04:18:25 pm »

This is a great, great episode.

Rory, now trapped in her own aimless, dreary, repetitive world of being surrounded by Emily, drinking with Logan and his cronies, running D.A.R. events, and not going anywhere.

Then came the return of Jess.  Reformed, grown-up, and actually accomplished something.  It was great of Jess to return to show Rory what he had done, wrote a short novel and getting it published, working at a publishing house, and giving Rory credit for what she's done for him.  Then wanting to talk again, Logan shows up.  Now Logan has already overwhelmed and outwitted the likes of Dean and Marty.  Now he faced his biggest challenge in Jess and... loses.  The old Jess would've beaten the living crap out of him and gotten himself in trouble.  The new Jess, more subtle, laid-back, and tends to read things mentally at Logan.  He shot an insult and walked away.  Making Logan look stupid. 

Jess' wake-up call to Rory was definitely needed.  She tried to throw out her excuses and he wouldn't hear it.  She then realized, he was right and finally lost it.  She got angry at Logan.  Logan isn't entirely at fault.  He didn't make her quit Yale and do all the things she's doing.  Yet, he's kind of enabling her to party and do crazy things.  Plus, Jess made him look like a coward.  He has opportunities given to him yet he's too scared to do them while not rebelling against his father.  Lorelai has more guts than him.

Rory, finally standing up to Emily, who is repeating the same mistakes she did with Lorelei all those years ago.  How she said things and then said, "wait till your father gets home" and Rory says, "you mean my grandfather".  Emily is losing it.

So is Lorelei, concerned over Paul Anka and then breaking down in Rory's room with the dog.  Luke comforting her and she believes it's all her fault that she drove Rory away from her.  It was good of Luke to be with her.  The stuff with the soccer girls, scary.  Loved that Sam Peckinpah reference.  Great director too, not for everyone. 

iatmyhome
Town Troubadour

Community Points: -5

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 16, 2009, 07:07:22 pm »

I think is so cool how Jess Points out to Rory that she had made a mistake but dropping out of school and also that Logan was a Jerk. I should never stand Logan and I really like Jess and he had changed because of Rory and you could really tell in this espiode.
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 11, 2009, 03:14:40 pm »

never liked Jess, but he was SP0T 0N in his observation of Rory's life.

especially about Logan being a D*CK.

The scene when Lorelai breaks down was so sad, it was more about Rory than the dog.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: