7.09 - Knit, People, Knit!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 24, 2014, 09:08:33 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 114276 Members
Latest Member: Danyhat

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 7
| | |-+  7.09 - Knit, People, Knit!
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Print
Author Topic: 7.09 - Knit, People, Knit!  (Read 65083 times)
ync
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

i am a martian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #285 on: December 20, 2006, 02:32:59 pm »

dunno if someone has already pointed this out, i didn't really want to...read through 19 pages of posts but..yeah, gonna run this one out

back when lorelei and max were going to get married, but lor broke it off the night before, she went to tell her mom that the wedding was off, and emily said she would have to return her wedding gift...then after lor persisted emily about what it was, emily said she would put it away until lor really got married

so i'm wondering if the gift that emily and richard got lor and chris for their wedding, was the gift that they had saved from the lorXmax thing
or if the new gilmore girls guy completly forgot the whole idea of the lorXmax gift

conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 20, 2006, 02:34:30 pm »

dunno if someone has already pointed this out, i didn't really want to...read through 19 pages of posts but..yeah, gonna run this one out

back when lorelei and max were going to get married, but lor broke it off the night before, she went to tell her mom that the wedding was off, and emily said she would have to return her wedding gift...then after lor persisted emily about what it was, emily said she would put it away until lor really got married

so i'm wondering if the gift that emily and richard got lor and chris for their wedding, was the gift that they had saved from the lorXmax thing
or if the new gilmore girls guy completly forgot the whole idea of the lorXmax gift

Yeah, it's been mentioned before, but no one really knows.  I think that the new writers forgot about the L/M gift.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
ync
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

i am a martian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #287 on: December 20, 2006, 02:36:43 pm »

ah, good then
glad to know i wasn't the only one bugging about it

thank youu

laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 20, 2006, 02:40:11 pm »

I think ASP might have forgotten too then because near the end of Season 6 Emily revealed they were going to buy L/L a house for their wedding gift.  And that definitely couldn't have been the same thing beacuse all of Season 6 we see them lurking around SH only to find out later that they were house shopping for L/L.
Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 22, 2006, 01:03:05 pm »

I was just watching season 2 where Paris tries to find the "seedy underbelly" of stars hollow, and asks rory where the nearest bar is in Stars Hollow. Rory tells her that the nearest bar is in Woodbridge. So I was just wondering if the man date did take place in woodbridge? Or if they just made a mistake?

August 6th! 
bribribooboo
Town Resident

Community Points: -8

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 22, 2006, 01:51:17 pm »

do u no what ep is one next tuseday

yo
ms. meg
« Reply #291 on: December 26, 2006, 01:36:35 pm »

Chris tryed, but why did he have to donate money, that just took away the fun in the knit-a-thon!

I <3 Gilmore Girls!
LM225
« Reply #292 on: January 10, 2007, 09:19:20 am »

Yeah, it's been mentioned before, but no one really knows.  I think that the new writers forgot about the L/M gift.

I kind of just thought that Emily was joking about saving the gift for when Lorelai does get married. I don't think the new writers forgot about it...I just don't think it's that big of a discrepancy.
Simply Cynical
Diner Regular

Community Points: -32

Can you please tell me why you're snarking me?

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: January 10, 2007, 10:03:31 am »

Chris tryed, but why did he have to donate money, that just took away the fun in the knit-a-thon!

I don't think he just took the fun away... It threw everything off kilter...

It was like he broke Stars Hollow... And, geeze, Lorelai's face... *frowns*

Southern Lorelai
Diner Owner

Community Points: 77

Hi! I'm Ashlee, and I'm from Louisiana... I'm 21.

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: January 10, 2007, 03:01:22 pm »

I personally think that is when Lorelai started to kind of second guess her marriage to Chris. I mean, she lives for those silly fundraisers put on by Taylor to "better" Stars Hollow. All Chris did was ruin her fun.

Logan: Thank you for being who I want to get out of hospital for.
I love Amber, Brenda, and Dayna!
I only like coffee with my oxygen.
amerikan_dreamer28
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 71

Gilmore Girls Addict

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: January 13, 2007, 10:40:15 pm »

Chris didn't understand that the working torward a goal is half the fun! He shouldnt have donated so early. Maybe later on as it was getting late.

Sig made by Audra (not registered)
JAVA JUNKIE / F.A.I.T.H. *flyswatter*
MiloVentimiglia

WE NEED GILMORE GIRLS SEASON 8!!!
HBW
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: January 25, 2007, 11:22:42 am »

I just got around to watching this epi on You Tube.  I've seen lots of references to the fight between Anna and Luke and people saying that Luke was sort of out of control.  I actually thought that he made all great valid points.  His demeanor only spoke to how passionate he is about being April's dad.  He didn't seem violent or out of control at all.  Plus he was totally in the right.  Maybe legally Anna has a right o make decisions for April without Luke's input or without considering him, but the minute she brought April into Luke's life, she lost the moral right to do that. 

So I was glad that Luke stood up to her and don't see how his approach could be seen in a negative light.  After all he said "I will fight to make sure these decisions are made together."  He didn't say he would fight Anna to take her rights away.

Anyway i know I'm like 8 weeks late, but just had to put my two cents in.
ella
« Reply #297 on: January 28, 2007, 06:38:34 pm »

I was thinking about this episode, and I know the writers like to throw in "anvils" every so often (or hints about the future, whatever they're called.)  I have my own thoughts about a lot of them, some of which seem spoilerish, but so far my interpretations about the ones I've noticed have been confirmed. 

Like "third time's a charm"--the swim teacher said that during Luke's date.  Well, Chris proposed to Lorelai for the third time in his life in 7.07, and she accepted.  We know Lorelai's performed wedding vows twice now (in Paris and at the wedding party, which presumably took place.)  Does this mean that once she makes wedding vows the third time (I suspect with Luke), they'll stick? (Ugh, that's a horrible way to treat wedding vows but I think it might be the intention of the writers.)

Plus, I've noticed the episodes seem to come in groups of three.  7.01-7.03--Lorelai broken up with Luke and single.  7.04-7.06--dating Chris.  7.07-7.09--married to Chris and working out problems without much tension.  7.10-7.12--tension in their marriage.  I'm betting (not from spoilers but on speculation): 7.13-7.15, Lorelai will be broken up with Chris and single.  7.16-7.18, dating Luke again.  7.19-7.21, married to Luke?  7.22--final episode focusing on Lorelai and Rory, with a break from Lorelai's love life drama (finally!)

But anyway, I thought there were three major foreshadowing things in this episode: Lorelai tells Chris "9 more days to endure with the wedding planner."  Nine more episodes after 7.10=7.19.  That's why I think she'll have another marriage (with Luke this time) in 7.19.  Then, Liz's baby is 11 days old and weighs 11 pounds.  11 episodes after 7.10 = 7.21.  Is Lorelai going to be pregnant in 7.21? 

Then she told Rory, when she was counting towels, that she was at 143.  The 143rd episode was apparently 7.11 (or so I've read), and in text messaging (again, so I've heard) 143 means I love you.  In 7.11, I think she realized she loved Luke.

I could be totally wrong about these things, but I think it will be interesting to see.
c-chick
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 14, 2007, 06:19:06 pm »

I sort of feel bad for chris.  He wants to be involved and lorelia really wants the town to like him but they are trying to hard.  Chris should of only donated a little just to get the ball rolling more.  instead he didn't and we saw how that turned out to be!!!

c-chick Huh
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 06:20:55 pm by c-chick » Logged

!~C-CHICK~!
Lucie
Inn Owner

Community Points: 947

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 12, 2007, 06:42:58 pm »

c-chick, I totally agree with you! I felt so bad for Chris. I wish people were nicer to him. He really truly cares about Lorelai. I love it when he told her I'm going to be here loving you (or something like that) Hearts

I'm Shelby Cheesy
ILY Zija + Mel + Amber + Spencer + Maggie!

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: