7.09 - Knit, People, Knit!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 23, 2014, 10:35:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 118382 Members
Latest Member: DTew

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 7
| | |-+  7.09 - Knit, People, Knit!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Print
Author Topic: 7.09 - Knit, People, Knit!  (Read 65836 times)
zeddie
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 45

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2006, 06:03:49 pm »

TJ - is perhaps the most annoying person on the face of the earth.  sometimes i have to put my fingers in my ears and make the funny silly sound, like when you are a kid and want to get the last word in and you are not listening to the reply.

Lukes soliloquay (sp?) was excellent.  HEY - is it cool to do this?  It must be.  So the LA crowd just stays away?

mela489 - i am with you on the knitting thing.  STUPID.  but i think in real life he may have ASKED Lorelai if he should do it, not just do it.  Writers do whatever they want, regardless of how loony it is.  I mean, not even Christopher is that stupid, is he?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 06:06:33 pm by zeddie » Logged

Lorelai: Please Luke, please please please.
Luke: How many cups have you had this morning?
Lorelai: None.
Luke: Plus--
Lorelai: Five.  But yours is better.

"Liberté, égalité, fraternité, ou la mort!"
IN OMNIA PARATUS
GG602

Community Points: 15

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2006, 06:04:48 pm »

I knew that Luke and Anna were going to be at odds over April.
Good for Luke!  I have been saying all along that I can't believe Anna hid a child from him, and has the nerve to not allow him to make decisions in her life.  

« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 06:06:51 pm by GG602 » Logged

I would give you a proper hug, but my pockets are full of Applejacks.
Ggirlfan

Community Points: 90

Watch it all over again at the Viewing Party!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2006, 06:05:18 pm »

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY!!!!  I am soo happy Luke spoke his mind to Anna!  April is his daughter too!  I was so mad from the very beginning at Anna not only by stripping Luke of everything he missed with April as a baby, but telling Luke what he could and could not do when SHE was the one who decided not to tell him about April in the first place...

Luke is absolutely right, HE has rights too!  Its nice to see him fight for something.  Hopefully this is just the beginning and a turning point and now he will fight for Lorelai!!!

~KRISTIN~
nicccarl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2006, 06:06:50 pm »

I must say that this writer has won me over just by virtue of the inclusion of knitting into the community of stars hollow (I'm obsessed!).  Maybe I have sold out too quickly, but I really really liked this episode.  I liked it for other reasons besides knitting.  Everything I ever wanted to happen is happening.  I am part of the few, the proud, the Lorelai and Christopher fans!  And also, I always really liked Marty and mourned his loss in season 6.  The whole Gilmore world is turning out the way I want it to!  And yay Luke with his authoritative fatherlyness kicking in.  I miss kirk and lulu though.
j3zzzi
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2006, 06:08:45 pm »

I swear, I feel like my brain is melting every time I hear those Aerie girls talk. "Man date" "Mandate" ... Wasn't that the point? Do you think you're smart now?

I wanns see Laine! and what will happen between Luke and Anna. His last words really showed some character.
This episode was bearable - it was better than the other ones, in my opinion.
I hope the season continues this way!
mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 307

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2006, 06:10:24 pm »

Okay.. I'm going to mute my TV so I don't hear the Aerie girls' mindless chatter. I'll add my rant tomorrow when everyone's seen it.
IM EXCITED FOR NEXT WEEK! Grin

haha yeah. stupid.... I KNOW!!!!!! LOL  I'm SOO happy because this is the 1st time in like a YEAR where I am actually excited about and looking foward to and can't wait for next weeks episode!!!! Cheesy  haha, I would definitely have to say its the best this season.
I knew that Luke and Anna were going to be at odds over April.
Good for Luke!  I have been saying all along that I can't believe Anna hid a child from him, and has the nerve to not allow him to make decisions in her life. 

I'm guessing its next episode, especally because they have been showing Chris and Luke's fight for the past 2 episodes and its happening next week on the last episode this YEAR!  wow...haha still excited.  looks gooood!! hehe, can't wait.
I'm actually liking think not being able to wait stuff...long time since i've felt this way.

Yeah, I'm also glad Luke is finally steping up --probably holding Liz and TJ's new baby had something to do with it.  Anna was being so stupid.  But it was just like she was with Lorelai, so it wasn't just lorelai, well...we shall see.

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
rorylovesjess
Diner Regular

Community Points: 52

Plz call me Maddie...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2006, 06:11:06 pm »

Wow...you know I think I'm actually liking this season better than the last.

First off, I loved every moment of Luke. I know a lot of Luke/Lorelai fans are begging for Anna and April to be shipped off to New Mexico, but I like April and I hope whatever Luke does it brings them closer together. Like Jess, she adds dimension to Luke's world. I do hope he and Lorelai get back together though, and I throughly enjoyed Christopher's rejection from the town.

Now, onto Rory. I also think Lucy and Olivia bring dimension to her world and I unusually (seeing as I haven't been a fan of Rory for a while now) enjoyed her in this eppy. And who else thought Paris and Doyle dancing hip-hop in the background while she's on the phone as one of the most hilarious things ever? But Marty. The writers say he's carrying a torch, but I see it more as a burning building. I love Marty as a person, and I'd rather see her with him then Logan, but it's so obvious she doesn't carry those feelings. Something bad is going to bubble between them, Lucy included. I mean, who else cringed when he said "and your just as beautiful as ever". I just feel so sorry for him. Embarrassed  

I wanna see me a mandate! Loved the eppy!

banner made by unseen_shadows

Literati~JavaJunkie~Hamburger Hater~Flyswatter
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2006, 06:11:40 pm »

I thought that the epsidoe ended kind of awkwardly! I don't know why, it just didn't feel 'right' to end like that. I totally understand where Luke is coming from and how he feels, and he's right, April IS his daughter as much as she is Anna's. It was Anna's choice to not tell Luke of her existance in the first place. I really hope Anna thinks again about what her decision has been and keeps April there. I think April and Luke will be much happier! It's so awesome to see their bond and relationship and how it's grown! I never thought Luke would be such a good Dad! He's really surprised me lately, in a good way, a wonderful way!

I'm interested to find out how the wedding party will turn out. Knowing Emily and Richard, a huge ordeal will be had! I don't know that the people of Stars Hallow would go to the party even if Lorelai had wanted them to come. Sookie and Jackson will always support Lorelai - but even they seem a bit leary of the whole situation! I don't think Chris will last in Stars Hallow.

Rory seemed to have fun and I'm so glad that things between her and Marty got patched up! That drink Rory asked for sounds like a dosey! haha Paris was on fire tonight! Way to dance the night away! At least she let loose I guess!

I like how Lorelai keeps reminding Chris about what Stars Hallow is and what things mean to the people of Stars Hallow. I really like Chris in some ways and then others, I really don't get him. I don't like how he's come into all this money and now thinks that it can save him in any situation! A reflection of Emily and Richard in a way. I'm disappointed in the short knitathon! (But I'm totally going to learn how to knit now! I'd been wanting to for a long time now, this just motivates me to do it!)

I did find the whole knitting theme to be interesting though...knitting things together to make a beautiful work of art...knitting people together, knitting the town together, knitting is a good word for almost a metaphore for something more indepth. I can't put my finger on it right now, been a long day! I just started thinking about that.

I'm really disappointed in the episodes this season. This one was actually one of the best! However, they aren't what they used to be and I'm trying to stay and upbeat and positive about things as I can! I still watch and I still love! I just had to be honest...

Looking forward to hearing what others feel and have to say~

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
nicccarl
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2006, 06:12:54 pm »

They should have gotten REAL gilmore girls fans if they were going to do this "aery tuesday" thing right (or however you spell the stupid thing)
LGLDandRGLH4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

It's over....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2006, 06:13:13 pm »

Okay, first off.....wow. What the hell was Chris thinking? I mean, sure people gripe. But it's part of the fun. Yes, it's odd. But oh well. The Knitt-a-thon is a fun way to spend the day with your fellow towns-people complaining and freezing your butt off. A bit weird? Yes. The truth? Yes.

Christopher, man-date? Pppsssh.

Aerie girls? Get a life. No one likes you.

Anna? BURN. She's always so "Ooooh look at me! My name's Anna and I'm April's mom so I get to decide whatever happens to her and Luke just has to deal!" BURN MISS PRISSY. BURN! Luke did a great job standing up to her.

The new kid's name? Weird. Then again, it is Liz and TJ..........

Michel, Paul-Anka, and Lane? Not there. That reeks.

Paris and Doyle dancing? Very funny.

Marty? Get over Rory. She loves LOGAN. And so do we. (Logan.....*Drool*...)

Lucy? Odd party theme. But hey, at least you had fun.

Logan? Hunny, you should've ditched the party. But I understand you have to work. He looked EXTREMELY fine tonight. And I mean EXTREMELY FINE. Mmmm. Smiley

Lorelai? Hunny the town says so. We say so. The Lord says so. No one likes Christopher. You belong with Luke. It's not that hard. I mean, he got a CLEANING WAGON for God's sake.

I will always love Rory and Logan......

I can't believe it's over.

Gilmore Girls
11/5/2000 - 5/22/2007
           R.I.P

You will be missed,
But never forgotten.......
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2006, 06:15:38 pm »

FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY!!!!  I am soo happy Luke spoke his mind to Anna!  April is his daughter too!  I was so mad from the very beginning at Anna not only by stripping Luke of everything he missed with April as a baby, but telling Luke what he could and could not do when SHE was the one who decided not to tell him about April in the first place...

Luke is absolutely right, HE has rights too!  Its nice to see him fight for something.  Hopefully this is just the beginning and a turning point and now he will fight for Lorelai!!!

YES!! Remember when Lorelai was talking about how he doesn't think fast enough, how he takes too long to ponder over things and doesn't speak his mind? This is a perfect example of how he's come further - he spoke his mind, he stood up for himself and how he felt about something without coming off just a grumpy mean ol' man! I was so proud of him and thought that what he did had a lot to say for his relationship with April and how he felt about her. As I've said before, I really hope Anna takes a look at things and changes her mind about moving them to NM.

I'm totally in agreeance with those that miss Lane! I would hope that they show her at least one more time before she's having her new baby!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Tanna
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2006, 06:19:49 pm »

Not sure what I think of this episode.   I agree JT is very annoying.  Chris went over the top with his donation.  I assume that he thought he was helping but he should have asked Lorelai.  I'm glad that Luke went and told Anna how he was feeling.  But I kept thinking she was going to look at him and say that he wasn't April's father.  I have no idea why but that idea kept going through my head.  Thas was some gift from the elder Gilmore's!  I kept wondering what it was and now Im wondering where they will put the picture.  A place of honor I'm sure.  

Tanna

bookfreak
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2006, 06:21:37 pm »

I've hated most of this season, but I liked this episode a lot more.

I liked the Wolf Girl and Lorelai's message at the beginning. But what about the present Emily decided to keep after Lorelai and Max broke up? Shouldn't she have had that and not had to "fly" to find a random drawing? I wish DR had followed up on that. I feel kind of bad that there will be 400 people at the party though. If it's being forced on Lorelai and Chris, they could at least do it to their preference. Side note: AB's eyes looked very blue and pretty in the intro scene.

Chris is an idiot. I knew what he was going to do as soon as that scene came on. Why couldn't he have waited until the end of the knit-a-thon, then (quietly) made up the difference? It would be a lot cheaper for him. He had to have had some idea that his donation wouldn't go over well.

I was glad that Marty final cooled off or warmed up or whatever. I liked that he and Rory could have the friendly banter again. And when he said she was beautiful, I really wished that she wasn't with Logan anymore. I feel like she actually feels some attraction this time around. Maybe it was just the annoyed/jealous look she gave when he started making out with Lucy. Was anyone else surprised that Olivia was so short when she walked in next to Lucy?

I liked Luke a lot tonight, especially with the baby. I know his interactions with her (the baby) were supposed to remind him of all he'd missed out on with April, but at first I thought it was supposed to show how much he would have liked to have kids with Lorelai and how good a dad he'd be. Oh well. Even if they get back together (not a spoiler, just a hope), it's probably too late for that storyline.

And wow, Aerie girls, you are SO deep to point out a coincidence ("mandate") that Rory already mentioned in the episode! Congrats on being able to regurgitate dialogue! Oh, you know what? I bet Jackson talking about farming was a metaphor for Lorelai! Am I deep now too? (sarcasm)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 06:23:12 pm by bookfreak » Logged

Need another good show? Watch Arrested Development on FOX! www.saveourbluths.com
nicccarl
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2006, 06:22:00 pm »

I know this is only semi related but... does anyone out there actually knit?  If so, can you tell me what a "Selvage stitch" is?  This pattern I'm working on now calls for it but I don't know what it is exactly.  Any help would be great, thanks!  

Okay, so to make this not completely off topic, (for which I thoroughly apologize, I'm just desperate) I don't really like Rory's new friend anyways and I don't think that she will keep in touch with them after college so I think if she had a falling out with them over marty that would be a-okay with me!
Ggirlfan

Community Points: 90

Watch it all over again at the Viewing Party!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2006, 06:29:42 pm »

YES!! Remember when Lorelai was talking about how he doesn't think fast enough, how he takes too long to ponder over things and doesn't speak his mind? This is a perfect example of how he's come further - he spoke his mind, he stood up for himself and how he felt about something without coming off just a grumpy mean ol' man! I was so proud of him and thought that what he did had a lot to say for his relationship with April and how he felt about her. As I've said before, I really hope Anna takes a look at things and changes her mind about moving them to NM.

Interesting point.  Luke thinking fast enough.  He does usually need time to ponder things, and in a way, he did here too, but at least came to his senses quickly enough before Anna left! At first he was fine with Anna taking April, then he felt bad only because of April's reaction and wanted to help April out.  Then finally he realized he deserves to be treated like April's father!

I liked Luke a lot tonight, especially with the baby. I know his interactions with her (the baby) were supposed to remind him of all he'd missed out on with April, but at first I thought it was supposed to show how much he would have liked to have kids with Lorelai and how good a dad he'd be. Oh well. Even if they get back together (not a spoiler, just a hope), it's probably too late for that storyline.

Another interesting point!  That didn't dawn on me right away.  His interaction with Liz's and TJ's baby (Doula) is what probably made him think about April and what he missed.

~KRISTIN~
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: