"Ya Betcha!" Gilmore Fans in Minnesota (as well as anywhere else in the Midwest)
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 01, 2014, 02:48:20 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
475981 Posts in 1571 Topics by 101022 Members
Latest Member: rgaecjwr41

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  International Discussion
| | |-+  "Ya Betcha!" Gilmore Fans in Minnesota (as well as anywhere else in the Midwest)
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] Print
Author Topic: "Ya Betcha!" Gilmore Fans in Minnesota (as well as anywhere else in the Midwest)  (Read 187223 times)
the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #1950 on: April 19, 2009, 05:27:46 pm »

Helloooooo!

I miss this place. I really do. I remember when it would be so busy that on the games thread that you had to fight to get your post in before someone else's. =(

on to happy things-

I only have 33 days left of school before I graduate! I cannot wait. I cannot believe that high school is finally over. I will be going to Ball State in the fall, so I am staying pretty local. Right now, my tentative major is Math Education, but I'm considering switching it to social work. I've applied for the Honors program and I am waiting to here back about that. There is a lot going on right now. I'm also trying to plan a trip for the winter. I may be going to Paris, London, and Amsterdam. It's through EF College Break, I'm really excited.

Sooks- congrats on the engagement!! That's amazing. I'm very happy for you. And congrats on being an aunt verrrry soon! That's just around the corner. =)

Ugh. I'd love to ramble more, but I have to run.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: April 27, 2009, 10:00:42 am »

J, WOW, really getting close to graduation, that is great.  Have you heard back from Ball State regarding the Honors program?  You really do have a lot going on right now, graduation from high school, getting ready for collage and planning a winter trip, which sounds amazing no matter which place you pick.  I hope it all falls in place soon so that you will be able to breath and enjoy it all.  I wish you the best with it all. 

Melissa, I haven't been around much and just noticed your new sig with new pics of Andrew.  He is such a handsome little guy. 
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 10:07:36 am by cherilee13 » Logged

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: May 20, 2009, 09:21:34 pm »

I'm here! I'm here!

How's spring going for everyone?

It seems not many come around much anymore...I can't talk because it's been what, 2 months since my last log in. I couldn't take it any longer...I had to come back and see how things were going here. Seems quiet...

I'm an aunt - my little adorable, beautiful, amazing, sweet, precious, lovely niece was born April 20, 2009 at 12:38 PM. She's sooooo tiny! She's one month old today! That time went fast! I can't stand to be away from her but she's got superb parents who are doing a WONDERFUL job! She's in great hands! I get to spend some time with her this weekend and cannot wait!

It's about 4 months until the big day...there's lots to be done but yet, quite about has been accomplished. It's the little details now...the things that I keep putting off and putting off. I'll get there....we'll get there! Smiley

I finished the first semester of my graduate coursework and I'm ALIVE! haha! I'm onto my second semester and it's going pretty well, better than it was at this time of my first semester. We live and we learn! I'm eager to move on with my degree and am happy to be in my next semester! I did pretty well for the three classes in my first semester, ended up with a 4.0 GPA...first time ever in my life! I was pretty stoked!

Still livin' and lovin' and hope to be around again within the next two months! Hope everyone is doing well and having a great spring!

Cheers~

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #1953 on: May 22, 2009, 02:00:13 pm »

Oh, how about a quick update?

I've only got eight more days of school! I am almost done with high school, thank god. I will be going to Ball State and I will be part of the Honors Program. I am still tentatively going for math education. I think I am more likely to get a job quickly if I do that. We shall see how it goes after I get started.

I really don't have anything else exciting going on. I am trying like mad to go on that trip this winter. It's all a matter of money. Maybe my open house will take care of that, or partly at least.

I'll stop back soon. =)

**EDIT**
To add to all the college fun, today I found out that I will be getting a $20,000 scholarship. College is totally paid for now! Woohooo!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 07:03:43 pm by the_real_paul_anka » Logged
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: May 28, 2009, 09:42:00 pm »

That is great that school is almost out and you will be done with high school.  It is also great that you got into the Honors Program at Ball State.  I'll bet you are really excited.   I hope that you will really enjoy it there.

Where is it that you are planning on going this winter?  I sure do hope that you will be able to go.

WOW, that is really amazing that you got the scholarship and that College is totally paid for.  Congratulations. 

the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #1955 on: May 28, 2009, 10:00:22 pm »

I am hoping to go on a trip through EF College Break. The one I want to go on is 11 days and you go to Amsterdam, Paris, and London. It's about $1500, but I'm hoping that between my open house and working this summer, I will be able to go.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: May 31, 2009, 01:53:43 pm »

Sounds like a lot of fun and a great experience.  Sounds like a lot of ground to cover in just 11 days, but still sounds great.  I am sure that you will be able to come up with the money.  At least you don't have to worry about working it around coming up with money for school since it is wonderfully taken care of. 

MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 593

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: March 20, 2012, 06:44:02 am »

Ah, yes the Minneofa thread!  We always had fun here too,

I'm Melissa and here's my son.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B Fan Club/ HonOURary Australian/
*Katie*
Diner Regular

Community Points: 303

^ Taken by me! ^

View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: March 21, 2012, 04:27:42 pm »

I'd say this is where I spent a majority of my time on the ORG. Smiley

Celebrate Find a reason to celebrate! Celebrate
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 593

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: March 22, 2012, 08:05:02 pm »

And owe I just noticed my typos in my most recent post.  I need to get used to this iPad keyboard.  I will go back through he eventually. 

I'm Melissa and here's my son.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B Fan Club/ HonOURary Australian/
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: