We are the SPREES! - The Spoiler Free Thread
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 15, 2014, 02:35:55 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475984 Posts in 1571 Topics by 108427 Members
Latest Member: Mirelot

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  We are the SPREES! - The Spoiler Free Thread
Poll
Question: How much of a Spree are you?
I watch the promos.
I read the summaries for the new episodes.
I watch the promos and read the summaries.
I neither watch promos nor read the summaries.

Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 Print
Author Topic: We are the SPREES! - The Spoiler Free Thread  (Read 633096 times)
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 448

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #11730 on: February 19, 2009, 09:40:55 pm »

My heart is sunk and I can't take it anymore. How will I cope? One of my favorite radio stations (one of L.A.'s only great radio station) will be no more as of 5pm, February 20th. KLSX 97.1 Talk FM. Sad Adam Carolla had the morning show, my heroes Frosty, Heidi, and Frank were from 10am-2pm and the classic Tom Leykis went from 3-8. Frosty/Heidi/Frank and Leykis were the only two shows I listened to and they're amazing. On my days off (including every Friday), I was always so excited that I had FHF to listen to. They are amazing hosts, hilarious, and make all weird/freaky/creepy news stories not so bad to hear about. Love the show to death and it was the only way I actually heard about crazy news. Tom Leykis is either loved, hated, or both. Gives males advice on not to marry/have a girlfriend.. etc. But he makes sense a lot of the time. But he talks about other important issues as well! Leykis was what I would have on while eating, studying/doing homework. Couldn't go wrong.

After my morning class today I was browsing the net while waiting for my next class to start and saw the story at a message board I lurk. I was in shock the rest of the school day (still am). Apparently 97.1 is going to become yet another top 40 music station for Los Angeles. I'm frigging sad! I can't believe that come next Monday, I won't be listening to Tom Leykis when I get home. I won't be listening to Frosty, Heidi, and Frank on Fridays and while on school breaks. The station will just be music and that just doesn't feel right. Sadly, I know that's how things go (especially with radio). Still.. it's quite a huge change for us listeners. Tomorrow I'm leaving 97.1 on all day until the change, and I can imagine how sad it'll be to listen to the shows for the last time. I've heard long time radio hosts leave their home station before and it sucks when everyone is chocking up and trying not to cry on the air.

I'm so sad already. Sad I had to make a post since I've been full of this news and sadness since 10:30 this morning. I'll do an update post next time and respond to the last few posts, guys!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 09:44:46 pm by kamibeaR » Logged

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
thelostgilmoregirl
Diner Chef

Community Points: 124

~Missing the Girls~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11731 on: March 02, 2009, 01:44:55 pm »

Guess whos backkkkkkkkkkkkk RINA thats right here I am.  I have missed this site and now  back forever I swear I never forgot the site I have just been sooo busy that I haven't come here.  I was watching my Gilmore Girls DVD's last night and now here I am! Man I have alot of catching up to do I have missed you all!

~JavaJunkie~Narcoleptic~Noodie~Foodie~
iatmyhome
Town Troubadour

Community Points: -5

View Profile
« Reply #11732 on: March 30, 2009, 07:06:19 pm »

I love gilmore girl show!
iatmyhome
Town Troubadour

Community Points: -5

View Profile
« Reply #11733 on: April 14, 2009, 01:23:41 am »

good i love the show
I LUV JESS~!!
Inn Chef

Community Points: 598

Hey

View Profile
« Reply #11734 on: May 31, 2009, 02:51:18 am »

This thread on the second page? That just won't do. I am here to revive it.

Kam- Ah, Amp Radio. Have you adjusted or is it still a little painful? Seen any movies lately?

It's been so long since I've posted last. I miss you guys.
Graduation is approaching. I actually just went to Grad Night on Wednesday and it was so much fun. My school went to Six Flags and we usually go to Disneyland. There's a big difference between the two; at Disneyland you dance all night and at Six Flags you get on the rides. So me and my friends danced for a total of ten minutes and then jammed. Cheesy There were practically no lines for all of the rides (and it will never be like that again!) and there was still no time to get on everything. The park is huge!
Oh, I'm a little bummed. I went to Comic-Con for Twilight last year, as you know, but I won't be attending this year. It's SOLD OUT! I didn't know when the panel for New Moon would be so I didn't know what day to register for. Now look what's happened. Roll Eyes Damn the lack of publicity!

I should crash, it's late. Hearts

Brenda Hearts
xSPREE[total Literati![recenetly converted Java Junkie[M.M.M.[B Fan[Twilight Hearts x

Laura's my boo!
LAKERS/DODGERS FAN![/b
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #11735 on: June 02, 2009, 02:52:43 pm »

Glad you rescued the thread from page two Brenda.  You're right, it is very wrong!!!

Have you seen the trailer for New Moon? What do you think of it?  The trailer alone shows a few departures from the book itself - I hope they get it right.  Looks good though.

Please read Forum Rules
I LUV JESS~!!
Inn Chef

Community Points: 598

Hey

View Profile
« Reply #11736 on: June 02, 2009, 07:36:58 pm »

I have seen the trailer and it looks good. I'm definitely excited to see the differences between Catherine and Chris' directing. I love Laurent's look in the trailer, too. His eyes are sick! And Taylor is ripped. *swoons* What do you think of Jake's transformation at the end?

Brenda Hearts
xSPREE[total Literati![recenetly converted Java Junkie[M.M.M.[B Fan[Twilight Hearts x

Laura's my boo!
LAKERS/DODGERS FAN![/b
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #11737 on: June 03, 2009, 03:53:47 am »

Yeah I'm excited for the different director.  I wasn't overly fond of Catherine's.  Don't think she quite hit the mark - but then it was always going to be hard to get that particular book right in my opinion.

Taylor was looking mighty buff, wasn't he!  I'm impressed with his efforts in such a short time.  Sadly Rob is still towering above him height wise though and Jake is supposed to surpass him in this novel.  But that is pretty minor I think.  His transformation was well done, from I saw (need to watch it again), but he didn't look big enough at first glance.

And Laurent is per-fect!!

Please read Forum Rules
1giantGGfan
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 253

Hen+Chicken=4ever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11738 on: March 19, 2012, 05:26:11 pm »

This place is pretty dead and this thread is rather irrelevant now (I think the only ones who are SPREES anymore are those who haven't seen the show).. but I miss you guys! You guys were my life for a long time! Glad to have met you all! <3

Angela

^Thnx Melissa!
Just say, "Yes M.A.M.M"
Always a PTS @ Hearts 
I Hearts Rachel, my TJS!
Currently Located: In Janich's Dreams! Kiss (1 lucky girl!)
Marlies' biggest photo fan!
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 558

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #11739 on: March 19, 2012, 08:12:57 pm »

Bang!

Lets breathe some life into this poor biatch!

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 593

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #11740 on: March 19, 2012, 08:20:55 pm »

Ah my sigs!   I still am a SPREE with other shows too though.  Once a spree ... Always a spree!

I'm Melissa and here's my son.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B Fan Club/ HonOURary Australian/
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #11741 on: March 19, 2012, 08:26:40 pm »

Okay, so I was never a spree (I love spoilers), but HIIIIIIIIII!!!  I just wanted to say thanks to Angela for organizing our little reunion on facebook.  It was lovely and hopefully we can all keep in touch better.  Smiley

1giantGGfan
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 253

Hen+Chicken=4ever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11742 on: March 19, 2012, 08:33:32 pm »

Haha I am definitely not a SPREE for my other shows, but I made a very good effort with GG! I couldn't help it! I wanted to be part of the SPREES soo bad, they were the cool people after all! Wink Not going to lie, I remember when I wasn't liked very much because I had the bad habit of spam posting. But I was given a second chance and I'm so glad, everyone has always been so nice to me here! <3

Angela

^Thnx Melissa!
Just say, "Yes M.A.M.M"
Always a PTS @ Hearts 
I Hearts Rachel, my TJS!
Currently Located: In Janich's Dreams! Kiss (1 lucky girl!)
Marlies' biggest photo fan!
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 558

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #11743 on: March 19, 2012, 08:40:45 pm »

Changed my sig, feel more like myself in this one!

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #11744 on: March 19, 2012, 08:54:42 pm »

B - that's the sig I remember you having.   Smiley  Kudos to all who have a MasBYUgal creation!

Pages: 1 ... 781 782 [783] 784 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: