7.08 - Introducing Lorelai Planetarium
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 23, 2014, 03:23:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
475985 Posts in 1571 Topics by 109890 Members
Latest Member: JBentham

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 7
| | |-+  7.08 - Introducing Lorelai Planetarium
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Print
Author Topic: 7.08 - Introducing Lorelai Planetarium  (Read 69804 times)
Carmicone
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

Usagi-chan ~*I Love Gilmore Girls*~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #255 on: December 06, 2006, 10:21:17 am »

This episode hasn't aired in Mexico yet, but I just read the recap from TWoP and I hated how Christopher was unable to see that Rory was upset with the two of them getting married, how can he be so insensitive?
Also, I didn't understand why Lorelai said she didn't want to be "Lorelai Haydn PlanetariumHuh What's that about? (sorry for my ignorance)

"Love is a desire for that lost half of ourselves"
[/b]

*Random pretty sticks, aaah, to give and receive...*
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 06, 2006, 10:31:04 am »

This episode hasn't aired in Mexico yet, but I just read the recap from TWoP and I hated how Christopher was unable to see that Rory was upset with the two of them getting married, how can he be so insensitive?
Also, I didn't understand why Lorelai said she didn't want to be "Lorelai Haydn PlanetariumHuh What's that about? (sorry for my ignorance)

Hayden Planitarium:

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
Carmicone
Town Resident

Usagi-chan ~*I Love Gilmore Girls*~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: December 07, 2006, 08:09:48 am »

Oooooh, thank you very much for your reply conradv! I didn't knew there was a Planetarium named Hayden, everything makes so much sense now... And, I gues this planetarium is really famous, right?

"Love is a desire for that lost half of ourselves"
[/b]

*Random pretty sticks, aaah, to give and receive...*
GilmoreGal16
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 07, 2007, 09:14:29 pm »

I loved Luke in this episode! He is learning to be a great father. Maybe this is something that he needed. I also loved that they used the clip from the Philadelphia Story. It gives us all hope that this whole lor/chris/luke mess will be over soon!

FEMALE STUDENT: Is it raining?
PARIS: No, it's National Baptism Day. Tie your tubes, idiot.
mhmm
Town Resident

Community Points: 32

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 08, 2007, 12:19:01 am »

I feel a need to jump in and defend Christopher over the room redecorating thing, even though I know most people will disagree.  I'm looking at things from Chris's perspective.  First, he turned his whole life in Hartford upside down to move in with Lorelai, which presumably is further from his work and would probably involve changing Gigi's school (when she returns).  He's also moving into a house that has always been just Lorelai's and Rory's, which is awkward enough, plus the house clearly was decorated by two women. The only things he asks are for a flat screen TV (ok I'm not a fan of big TVs either, but he's a guy!) and a room for his kid.  This sounds pretty reasonable to me.  I mean the house only does have 2 bedrooms, where would people have Gigi sleep? I don't think it's fair to Gigi that her room be a shrine to Rory.

I concede that perhaps Chris went about it the wrong way and should have spoken to Rory first, but he's still feeling his way through this new relationship with Rory and Lorelai and is bound to make some errors in judgment.  Plus, Rory and Lorelai aren't helping him much by still treating him as an outsider (i.e. when they didn't tell him that Rory was unhappy about the elopement).  He can't make things right if he doesn't know something is wrong in the first place. 

The other thing I was thinking about is that the exact same issue would have come up had Lorelai and Luke lived in the house together, because they would have needed Rory's room for a future baby.  Getting married and living together are complicated things, especially when grown children and step children are involved.  I think Chris should be cut a little slack.  And perhaps they might consider purchasing a 3 bedroom house in Starrs Hollow!

While I'm not a huge fan of Chris and have defintiely dumped on him, I do agree that he wasn't out of line in wanting to add his own touches to the place, he just didn't go about it in the right way.  And to add to you're post...I don't know if Chris knew, but Luke had work done on the house to make it a home for Lorelai and himself, which might make Chris even more uncomfortable/jealous, I think (if he knew, but again, not sure if he did).
Southern Lorelai
Diner Owner

Community Points: 77

Hi! I'm Ashlee, and I'm from Louisiana... I'm 21.

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 09, 2007, 02:48:55 pm »

I think that as her husband, Chris has a say so; however, I do not like him. He ruins everything, and always just pops up at the most inopportune times. Lorelai belongs with Luke.

I hope that she has some kind of epiphony soon.

Logan: Thank you for being who I want to get out of hospital for.
I love Amber, Brenda, and Dayna!
I only like coffee with my oxygen.
MaRcOPoLoxxx
Town Resident

Community Points: 34

*Java Junkies*

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: February 07, 2007, 06:45:25 pm »

just wondering is this the building that emily and richard were building for rory for the donation to yale and is this a pic of it

thanks lukesgirl for the awesome siggy

*Literati*
*Java Junkie*
*Religous Rebelions*
DownWithChris11
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

"Quick Bob, get the kids into the minivan!"

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 12, 2007, 05:23:21 pm »

hmmmmm i dno

"No Windows!"
SD_love24
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

Not a Newbie anymore! Right??

View Profile WWW
« Reply #263 on: February 12, 2007, 05:52:34 pm »

That's a huge planetarium. But I'm not sure if that's the one.

~Shevi~

gglover12
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 10, 2007, 12:33:25 pm »

lorelia should have married luke chris is a but head Angry
steph_
Inn Owner

Community Points: 212

summertime!

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 18, 2007, 02:55:50 pm »

well- no offense to balcony buddie fans- the important thing is that theyre broken up and luke an lorelai can now be together

ily nega, myra, narium and angela (L)
call me dybbi lmao nega and myra and narium Wink
my name is stephanie !

you know you love me.
gilmore2972
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

Gilmore Girls isn't just a show, it's a life style

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 21, 2007, 02:09:58 pm »

love luke and lorelai together
GET THEM TOGETHER
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: April 19, 2009, 02:55:01 pm »

If marrying BABY DADDY  was such a great thing, why did Lorelai look like somebody died most of the episode?  Roll Eyes

something isn't right about this. Embarrassed
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #268 on: June 17, 2009, 03:41:57 pm »

This was better than the last one but not by much.

OK, obviously the writer of this episode hadn't seen much of the show. 

There's 2 things wrong that really irked me in terms of its continuity and relations to past episode.

1. Lorelai can't cook worth a damn and that had been obvious from the very beginning.

2.  She's cooking snails?  Wait a minute, didn't Lorelai hate eating snails dating back to episode 4.16-The Reigning Lorelai?

That lack of research and lazy writing is really upsetting.

I did like the Rory-Logan story arc which showed Rory still angry and such about the news of her parents' elopement.  She was unfair to Logan and it was a double-standard of sorts.  Yet, I think Rory saying to mother that she's happy for her is really Rory just not wanting to get into any conflict though she's cautious still aware of her father's history in hurting her mother.

Then there was the Luke-April stuff which I thought was really good which shows Luke just being a father.  When April said he sucks as a dad, that was hurtful but he got through it because he was concerned for her.  Then he had to rush her to the hospital, though I'm sure in an offscreen shot, he called Anna. 

Then came that scene where Lorelai accidentally showed that wedding ring on her finger.  When she told him that she slept with Christopher.  That was bad.  This however, was a million times worse and he looked so hurt and heartbroken and how she reacted to it, it's clear she isn't happy about what she did.  She hurt him in such a bad way, it's likely she can't forgive herself but has to move on because she's married to Christopher.  That last scene of Luke watching that film to me shows that he is still in love with Lorelai and is now understanding that he screwed this up.

It was getting dusty in that room when I was watching this episode. 
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: