6.01 - New and Improved Lorelai
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
August 20, 2014, 05:38:11 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
475981 Posts in 1571 Topics by 104408 Members
Latest Member: qzjbmvnhmp

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.01 - New and Improved Lorelai
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print
Author Topic: 6.01 - New and Improved Lorelai  (Read 30811 times)
LoveMe011
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 104

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2007, 11:43:06 am »

Did anyone else recite the passcode to the panic room along with Emily as she told it to Rory?  As soon as she said the first 1, I chimed in with the other four 1s (correct pause and all).  Dave looked at me in awe and said “how did you know that!?”  I smiled and said “they made a big deal out of it another episode” but the real answer is “pure obsession, my dear.”  Grin

When Luke and Lor were on their way out to the diner to find something to celebrate their engagement with, Lor said “I just really want to be happy right now.”  Some people (including TWoP) have read this as “oh great, so the only reason she proposed is because she was feeling too sad about the Rory business and just wanted to do something to make her feel happy.”

I disagree.

I agree with the people who read the expression on Lor’s face during the Luke-rant as a realization of how great and supporting a man Luke is and realized she wanted to marry him.  I think her “I just want to be happy” comment was simply in response to Luke wanting to finish the Rory discussion.  I believe all she meant was “Two things are happening right now.  One is sucky, the other is happy.  I’d like to focus on the happy one right now and deal with the other one later.”  Now, I’m not saying that’s the right thing to do, I’m just saying it’s not a reflection of why she proposed.  Just why she wants to drop the Rory subject.

Those are my lingering thoughts until I review the episode again (which I probably won't get around to).

i TOTALLY agree with this post. i think the point when lorelai decided to propose to luke was when luke gave his rant about getting rory back into yale and back home. at that point, she realized that her daughter was about as important to him as she was to her, and that means a lot to a mother. at that point, she knew that luke would take rory in as a daughter should she ever marry him, and we all watched him wait for her throughout the entire show, so the fact that luke cared about rory so much was the deciding factor for her.

[Cassy]
-Literati.
-Java Junkie.

Rory:I love you, mom.
Lorelai:Aw...kid, you have no idea.
Tucker
Town Resident

Community Points: 22

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 13, 2007, 05:17:30 am »

Did anyone else recite the passcode to the panic room along with Emily as she told it to Rory?  As soon as she said the first 1, I chimed in with the other four 1s (correct pause and all).  Dave looked at me in awe and said “how did you know that!?”  I smiled and said “they made a big deal out of it another episode” but the real answer is “pure obsession, my dear.”  Grin

When Luke and Lor were on their way out to the diner to find something to celebrate their engagement with, Lor said “I just really want to be happy right now.”  Some people (including TWoP) have read this as “oh great, so the only reason she proposed is because she was feeling too sad about the Rory business and just wanted to do something to make her feel happy.”

I disagree.

I agree with the people who read the expression on Lor’s face during the Luke-rant as a realization of how great and supporting a man Luke is and realized she wanted to marry him.  I think her “I just want to be happy” comment was simply in response to Luke wanting to finish the Rory discussion.  I believe all she meant was “Two things are happening right now.  One is sucky, the other is happy.  I’d like to focus on the happy one right now and deal with the other one later.”  Now, I’m not saying that’s the right thing to do, I’m just saying it’s not a reflection of why she proposed.  Just why she wants to drop the Rory subject.

Those are my lingering thoughts until I review the episode again (which I probably won't get around to).

i TOTALLY agree with this post. i think the point when lorelai decided to propose to luke was when luke gave his rant about getting rory back into yale and back home. at that point, she realized that her daughter was about as important to him as she was to her, and that means a lot to a mother. at that point, she knew that luke would take rory in as a daughter should she ever marry him, and we all watched him wait for her throughout the entire show, so the fact that luke cared about rory so much was the deciding factor for her.

and it was the deciding factor again in season 7.

gracelandia
Town Selectman

Community Points: 220

{GrAcE}

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: December 05, 2007, 09:08:04 am »

This is pretty unimportant but did anyone else notice how from the season five finale to this episode (which is supposed to be the next day) Rory's hair grew at least an inch?  I thought that was funny.

AT LAST A MEMBER OF THE CRAZIEE CLUB
I don't look a day over 89 years and 364 days!
Me and Lexie love pink lemonade!!
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2008, 05:39:06 pm »

Great way to open season 6.  Luke and Lorelei getting married and drinking Zima... totally uncool drink.

The two planning their future though Luke is still concerned about Rory.  Funny stuff involving Babette, Miss Patty, and Kirk.

Paris, upset at Rory dropping out.  Turning to Lorelei for help.  Though Paris' reasons for wanting Rory back in Yale may be her own, selfish reasons.  At least she's right in the fact that Rory should be in Yale. 

While I know Logan is trying to comfort Rory and his friends are all happy at Rory's criminal misdeeds.  He is definitely regretting it a bit because he kind of felt it was his fault and he looks guilty in the way she's seeing her party.

The way Richard and Emily thought they could buy their way out of Rory's trouble was a deserved slap in the face for them.  Sure, Rory's punishment is extreme but she broke the law and she did what she had to do. 

I don't think Lorelei hates her parents.  She's just angry for letting Rory drift off from her dreams and Lorelei's anger was overwhelming because she lost Rory.  So she's letting her parents give them what they wanted from Lorelei all along.  Plus, in some ways, it was Lorelei teaching Rory a lesson of sorts.  Yet, she is still saddened by the fact that her relationship with her daughter has become fractured and now has to turn to Luke for comfort and support. 
roryshmory
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2008, 01:50:51 pm »

Okay this has been absolutely driving me bonkers and I can't believe no one else has said anything (that I have found)!  DID LOGAN NOT GET ANYTHING FOR STEALING THE BOAT??  They didn't show him going to court, and there was no indication of him ever receiving a sentence or anything!!  THEY SHOULD HAVE INCLUDED IT!!!  AAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!
katie_lou
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 34

In Omnia Paratus

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2008, 03:20:00 am »

Logan would have gotten off scot free. His father's lawyers were already used to stuff like this (remember as Finn said Friday night in gaol is vintage Huntzberger). But us seeing Logan recieve no punishment would have made people mad, both at him and how people with money usually get off scot free.
(A short aside - why is it called "scot free"? Does it have anything to do with Scotland?)
As for Rory, the writers had her get an incredibly tough judge. Given her history, her age, her character and the fact that community service is the last step before gaol (and you saw the other people who got community service!) There is very little chance she would have gotten that many hours. Her lawyer was right in his expectations of a light sentence of only a few hours and we all saw how the young DP folded incredibly fast when faced with a lawyer that rich and experienced. It was only that the judge sought to make an example of her (read that the writers wanted her story to act as a warning that stealing a boat is an incredibly dumb thing to do) that she ended up with 300 hours.
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2009, 04:48:26 pm »

glad the judge was stern with Rory.

A  Felon Party, I truly can't stand Logan and his BUTTWIPE friends.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: