6.01 - New and Improved Lorelai
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 24, 2014, 04:05:36 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 118421 Members
Latest Member: QnPIFotuxC

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.01 - New and Improved Lorelai
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print
Author Topic: 6.01 - New and Improved Lorelai  (Read 31545 times)
mooey93
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2007, 12:00:34 am »

this epsiode was good yet bad. i thought that it was good with continuing it on and at making it sad but it was bad because it was a sad episode.
I loved it when luke said yes!! and then when they went to get beer "chick beer" that was funny. I thought that rory was feeling the strain of being away from lorelai yet i think that this was a chance for her to see how lorelai used to live. Rory was being a spoilt rich kid in this episode as the jusge said, although she didn't want to go with that angle in her defense she still acted like a spoilt kid as she did go with that way of pleeding to the judge. However I was glad that she started to do the communtiy servise and getting a bit more rory-like.

Rory to Paris:"oh god your like a scary pop-up book!"
Lorelai:"shall I put a mirror in front of you so you can have this conversation with yourself?"

Maddy
ChocolatGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2007, 09:40:58 pm »

Everything I wanted to say has already been said.  But it's so funny how Kurt keeps popping up with hidden stashes of money and jewelry.  Smiley

{Daisy Duke. Java Junkie. Literati. Closet Case.}
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2007, 01:50:27 pm »

The final scene was sad.

And I agree this whole episode was sad...even the happy parts were.  It wasn't as funny, even the "funny" lines.  It was just sad, because Lorelai and Rory were fighting. 

Yea I agree, all the scenes that were suppost to be happy (i.e. Lorelai and Luke getting engaged) just depressed me cause Rory and Lorelai were fighting Cry

The last scene was soooooooo sad Cry Cry Cry Cry I wanted to bawl!!! I hate when these 2 fight!!

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 09, 2007, 06:46:00 pm »

The only parts I liked in this episode were the Lorelai/Luke moments, when Michel let Emily into Lorelai's house but she wasn't there and Emily flipped out, and then when Lorelai dropped off Rory's stuff and used the "Paper Moon" reference (GREAT movie, BTW). Other than that I fast forward through most of it. Sad huh? I think I watch more parts in 7.01 than 6.01 ditto with 7.02 vs 6.02.

I think my favorite scene in this entire episode was Luke's "kids" talk in the bed while Lorelai was trying to sleep. He was all nervous and cute she didn't react much to it but she reacted to the fact he bought a house for them. Ah unpredictable Lorelai, I love that. Then the next morning Luke is all happy and bouncing around the diner like a rabbit  Kiss Aww it's so cute to see him so sappy happy like that  Hearts Smitten

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
turn.it.up.
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2007, 09:11:08 pm »

The final scene was sad.

And I agree this whole episode was sad...even the happy parts were.  It wasn't as funny, even the "funny" lines.  It was just sad, because Lorelai and Rory were fighting. 

Yea I agree, all the scenes that were suppost to be happy (i.e. Lorelai and Luke getting engaged) just depressed me cause Rory and Lorelai were fighting Cry

The last scene was soooooooo sad Cry Cry Cry Cry I wanted to bawl!!! I hate when these 2 fight!!

i fully agree!
absolutely and totally with this post!
gilmore_lover347
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

Lorelai Rules!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2007, 07:40:54 am »

as much as I love loreali and Luke together, I got a feeling the proposal won't last very long. probably that idiot Chris will come in a ruin everything, and lorelai will just give him ANOTHER chance. Smiley
Jess Fan
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2007, 07:14:26 pm »

I think this was the juiciest season ever. It has alot of twists and turns. I think it wasn't good for Rory to drop out of Yale just because someone put their own true but mean perspective on her writing, thanks to Mitchum Huntzburger. She got a "D" on her at Chilton, she was behind in Chilton, she behind on the Yale Daily newspaper after spending her time in Europe with her grandmother for the summer. My point is, she should bounce back from this she's dealt with worse things in her life and basically Mitchum Huntzbuger is just one person. How can she take his critisism to heart if Mitchum Huntzbuger is only one, but powerful person? Huh I don't get this. Also, why did she move in with her grandparents anyway, does she hate her mom for not backing her decision that much. Huh
Jess Fan
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2007, 07:17:55 pm »

Not to mention Richard and Emily they're so minipulative! It's too bad Rory can't see through their scheme trying to make Rory like the daughter they "never had." Being trapped in that hell house and all.
katie_lou

Community Points: 34

In Omnia Paratus

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2007, 12:53:25 am »

Also, why did she move in with her grandparents anyway, does she hate her mom for not backing her decision that much. Huh
Rory probably felt trapped and with no options. Lorelai had already said that she wasn't allowed to come home if she dropped out of Yale, so her options were probably Lane's couch (except the band were on tour), Logan's place (way too early in their realtionship to move in together and he's in Europe) or her Grandparents house and since season one she's almost always had a great relationship with them, especially her grandfather. She would go over even when her mom was fighting with them. So I think it was more because it was right for her, rather than to hurt her mother. Plus Rory quitting Yale isn't that big a deal, thousands of college students do that all the time. There's so much pressure and you're so stressed and usually confused about what you want to do for supposedly THE REST OF YOUR LIFE! Anyone who's been to university will know what I'm talking about. Here in Australia 30% of first year university students will drop out and how academic they were in high school is no indication of who will leave. She just needed time to breath and re-prioritise.
Actually listing where everyone was has drawn to my attention just who she could talk to about her decision. She tried her mother - she didn't support her. Her boyfriend and best friend are both away. Paris never took it seriously (even in the next few episodes she was like "hurry up and help us put a deposit on the apartment for the semester" even when Rory repeatedly said she wasn't going back) There's no one else she's remotely close to. Maybe her father - though he was noticeably absent during the whole season 6 crisis. And her grandparents. Her Grandfather offered the only sympathetic ear she had, so no wonder she moved into the pool house.
murfinator
Inn Manager

Community Points: 211

Australian Fan who is "all in" :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2007, 12:10:31 am »

Yeah that's true. I actually thought that Lorelai was really harsh not letting Rory move back home. For goodness sake the girl just needed a break. Even if she was acting a bit rashly, she would have made a better decision if Lorelai had let her come home

I am a Java Junkie
F.A.I.T.H

katie_lou

Community Points: 34

In Omnia Paratus

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 01, 2007, 08:25:35 pm »

In my opinion, Lorelai would have been better off saying you can take a semester off and get a job at a real newspaper to remind yourself why you want to do this and that Mitchum Huntzberger's opinion is not the be all and end all. Trying to force her to stay at Yale seemed a little combative.
gimoregirls1992ab
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

Oy with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2007, 08:05:02 pm »

I love the whole proposal...its cute, but weird that lorelai proposed, not luke

It's hard to wait around for something that you
know might never happen but its even
harder to give up especially when its
everything that you ever wanted....
gilmore2972
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

Gilmore Girls isn't just a show, it's a life style

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2007, 10:01:49 am »

love the toast
GGfanemma

Community Points: 80

Literati~Java Junkie forever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2007, 06:47:36 pm »

I just hope that LL stay together!! I cannot stand Chris, and I hope Lorelai goes with the real man!!!

*No SPOILERS anyone!!! SPREES!*

Member of the Planless People Club!
Member of the I'm Not a 50 Year Old Man Club!
Member of The People Who Get Hurt A Lot Club!
Member of the Easily Addicted To TV Shows Club!
mtflover101
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2007, 02:43:35 pm »

One of my favorite episodes because of all the LL stuff. Luke being all happy in the morning. His hair is amazing this episode for some reason. The way he parted his hair this episode is so pretty!

L/L R/J
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: