6.01 - New and Improved Lorelai
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 20, 2014, 10:16:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 113710 Members
Latest Member: duvetehqac

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 6
| | |-+  6.01 - New and Improved Lorelai
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print
Author Topic: 6.01 - New and Improved Lorelai  (Read 31299 times)
TheHumanCoffeePot
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 58

Full-on Poltergeist voice: I'm baaaaaack.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 16, 2005, 04:21:14 pm »

Luke answers Lorelai's proposal in the affirmative and they begin making plans for their future.  Lorelai, still hurt over Rory's decision to drop out of Yale and move in with the elder Gilmores, does not attend Rory's trial, much to the disappointment on Rory, Emily, and Richard.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2005, 07:15:57 am by TheHumanCoffeePot » Logged

...JavaJunkie above all else...Noddie...Foodie...Logan-Loather...closet Literati...Lauren fan...
nikki
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 37

Come check out the Great8Mandate!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 03:01:24 pm »

Did anyone else recite the passcode to the panic room along with Emily as she told it to Rory?  As soon as she said the first 1, I chimed in with the other four 1s (correct pause and all).  Dave looked at me in awe and said “how did you know that!?”  I smiled and said “they made a big deal out of it another episode” but the real answer is “pure obsession, my dear.”  Grin

When Luke and Lor were on their way out to the diner to find something to celebrate their engagement with, Lor said “I just really want to be happy right now.”  Some people (including TWoP) have read this as “oh great, so the only reason she proposed is because she was feeling too sad about the Rory business and just wanted to do something to make her feel happy.”

I disagree.

I agree with the people who read the expression on Lor’s face during the Luke-rant as a realization of how great and supporting a man Luke is and realized she wanted to marry him.  I think her “I just want to be happy” comment was simply in response to Luke wanting to finish the Rory discussion.  I believe all she meant was “Two things are happening right now.  One is sucky, the other is happy.  I’d like to focus on the happy one right now and deal with the other one later.”  Now, I’m not saying that’s the right thing to do, I’m just saying it’s not a reflection of why she proposed.  Just why she wants to drop the Rory subject.

Those are my lingering thoughts until I review the episode again (which I probably won't get around to).

Click here to become part of the Great8Mandate!
chadwicked
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2005, 01:41:08 pm »

Did anyone else recite the passcode to the panic room along with Emily as she told it to Rory?  As soon as she said the first 1, I chimed in with the other four 1s (correct pause and all).  Dave looked at me in awe and said “how did you know that!?”  I smiled and said “they made a big deal out of it another episode” but the real answer is “pure obsession, my dear.”  Grin

When Luke and Lor were on their way out to the diner to find something to celebrate their engagement with, Lor said “I just really want to be happy right now.”  Some people (including TWoP) have read this as “oh great, so the only reason she proposed is because she was feeling too sad about the Rory business and just wanted to do something to make her feel happy.”

I disagree.

I agree with the people who read the expression on Lor’s face during the Luke-rant as a realization of how great and supporting a man Luke is and realized she wanted to marry him.  I think her “I just want to be happy” comment was simply in response to Luke wanting to finish the Rory discussion.  I believe all she meant was “Two things are happening right now.  One is sucky, the other is happy.  I’d like to focus on the happy one right now and deal with the other one later.”  Now, I’m not saying that’s the right thing to do, I’m just saying it’s not a reflection of why she proposed.  Just why she wants to drop the Rory subject.

Those are my lingering thoughts until I review the episode again (which I probably won't get around to).
correct-a-mundo
daddysgirl
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2005, 02:56:17 pm »

Happy Halloween everybody! When do you think Luke and Lorelai will actually GET MARRIED???
GiGi
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 6

Gilmore Girl forever.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2005, 08:53:43 pm »

Happy Halloween everybody! When do you think Luke and Lorelai will actually GET MARRIED???

Goddess I sure hope so!!!

I could lose 20 bucks!
lol

^ ^
=o=

Karlene
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2005, 09:14:28 pm »

I loved the Mennonite reference that was made in this episode.  It was done when Emily was adjusting Rory's outfit in the courtroom and Emily said to Rory, "It looks a little more Mennonite than I would like it to be."  I grew up Mennonite, so I found that hilarious, especially since it seems that no one knows what a Mennonite is...but it was mentioned in my favorite show of all time!

good stuff

I also think L/L took way too long to kiss after the proposal.  It was bothersome to me.
Gg_fan
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2005, 08:50:07 am »

i'm so happy he said yes!!!!!

i <3 gilmore girls!
Krisleigh
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2005, 12:26:00 pm »

Karlene - One name: Menno Simmons
Karlene
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2005, 11:09:58 am »

Karlene - One name: Menno Simmons

haha YES!
So someone else actually understood that reference also.
That's awesome that you know about mennos Wink

I wondered how many people watching Gilmore Girls would understand what Emily was talking about.
Dolce
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2006, 09:41:14 pm »

Well regarding the Trial and Lorelai not being there I really think Rory deserves all that's happening to her, including her mother's support being taken away, she was selfish and did not show any sign to care about her mother's feelings, I mean Lorelai has always supported her in everything she wanted and just because she's feeling rebellious doesn't mean she can walk all over Lorelai's feelings, leaving Yale was like the stupidiest thing she could do. And being affected by Logan's father stupid commentary is plain immature. I'm starting to hate her... She shouldn't be invited to the wedding  Angry ok that's a little extreme  Tongue ... whatever I was even more angry when Richard and Emily back stabbed Lorelai to protect Rory, those two are unbelivable, and Lorelai was right on money to get upset and yell at them, what kind of parents are they? Poor Lor, that chapter had me screaming at the screen and wanting to grip onto Richard, Emily and Rory's neck. Really.  Angry

Dolce.

"I step outside my minds eyes for a minute, and I look over me like a doctor looking for disease, something that could ease the pain, but nothing cures the hurt you bring on by yourself, just remembering how we were"
landalookalike
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2006, 11:38:24 am »

Well regarding the Trial and Lorelai not being there I really think Rory deserves all that's happening to her, including her mother's support being taken away, she was selfish and did not show any sign to care about her mother's feelings, I mean Lorelai has always supported her in everything she wanted and just because she's feeling rebellious doesn't mean she can walk all over Lorelai's feelings, leaving Yale was like the stupidiest thing she could do. And being affected by Logan's father stupid commentary is plain immature. I'm starting to hate her... She shouldn't be invited to the wedding  Angry ok that's a little extreme  Tongue ... whatever I was even more angry when Richard and Emily back stabbed Lorelai to protect Rory, those two are unbelivable, and Lorelai was right on money to get upset and yell at them, what kind of parents are they? Poor Lor, that chapter had me screaming at the screen and wanting to grip onto Richard, Emily and Rory's neck. Really.  Angry

Dolce.
totally!!! except i think it was good and understnadable of loreli to hold off on the wedding..... rory has to b there!!

I LOVE GILMORE GIRLS!!!!!!
unionroxs
Town Resident

Thank God for Tuesday Nights!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2006, 05:34:52 pm »

Dolce.
totally!!! except i think it was good and understnadable of loreli to hold off on the wedding..... rory has to b there!!

I soo totally agree with everything you just said uh..er.. typed! Smiley

Claudia
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2006, 06:19:29 pm »

I really would like to see Lorelai and Luke marry each other because he's in love with her for so long and that's such a wonderful thing. Lorelai deserves to be happy and Luke is the right guy.

Life is short, so talk fast Smiley
howie_#7
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2006, 08:36:12 pm »

This post has been edited for using inappropriate language.

~Heidi
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 12:37:44 pm by Heidi » Logged
Blondie_locks67
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2006, 08:51:52 pm »

Howie ur not supposed 2 swear in chatrooms u dickhead

(*~Isabelle~*)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: