7.07 - French Twist
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 31, 2014, 07:51:43 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
475988 Posts in 1571 Topics by 115294 Members
Latest Member: eyimcosag

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Episode Discussion
| |-+  Season 7
| | |-+  7.07 - French Twist
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] Print
Author Topic: 7.07 - French Twist  (Read 79563 times)
sinem
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #345 on: April 29, 2007, 10:56:23 am »

ı can not believe that lor and chris married.ı want luke back
gilmore2972
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

Gilmore Girls isn't just a show, it's a life style

View Profile
« Reply #346 on: August 01, 2007, 07:36:54 pm »

i agree that i want luke back the marriage was a huge mistake! Thats why i dont like the 7th season, lorelai messed everything up. Even though i love her, she made the worst mistakes!
gilmore2972
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

Gilmore Girls isn't just a show, it's a life style

View Profile
« Reply #347 on: September 21, 2007, 02:02:55 pm »

ok big mistakes and sad rory
but good episode
Tucker
Town Resident

Community Points: 22

View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 27, 2007, 06:57:07 am »

I'm from australia and I'm just watching season 7 episodes for the 1st time... and it's totally bumming me out.

The show is so different in season 7... It's like Im not even watching the same show anymore. I dont know.. maybe it's because I read all these things on the net before actually watching the episodes and It changed my perspective or my expectations... it's just not the same.

and it's not just the writing... even the acting is worse. In the scene in paris with chris and lor ... lauren was so over the top it was terrible  Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: November 27, 2007, 03:08:29 pm by Tucker » Logged

monsoon
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 29, 2007, 10:51:10 am »

Hi, This is my first post. I am from India (probably the only Gilmore Girls Fan over here). Been a lurker here for 3-4 months, which is when my gilmoreaddiction began. Took me a few months to view all the seasons, and now am on Season 7.

I can really relate to what laya-05 says here. I have truly invested myself emotionally in this show, talked about it incessantly with friends and family, and now, have to suffer through this season. If I wasn't hopelessly addicted (like all on this forum are!) I would simply stop watching (from Season 6 itself). And yes, I don't blame DR - ASP really set everything up to fail.

Uh oh  Undecided I'm scared to watch. I dont wanna watch a different show. I wanna watch the Girls. Why does this suck so much?!

I've only invested myself in one show emotionally (uh, sans Friends. But that show was just so Goddamn funny that even the serious moments were nice and light-hearted. Thanks a lot, Gilmores. Way to stop being funny.) and then, just like that, its falling apart.

If we're loosing our momentum this fast Season 6 should have gone a different direction (cough..Gilmore-Danes Wedding.. cough.. a different, perhaps better GilmoreSquared storyline..Achoo.. ) and been the last season

Its nearly painful to watch this once amazingly intelligent, witty show with colorful plot lines, sprinkled with teary-eyed humour, and intense, serious moments turn into a Days of Our Lives wannabe. Let's face it, kids.. the show - unless it picks up - has nearly gone to the crapper.

Angry

Painful it is! It is like seeing a loved one becoming sick. I love it, so I can't bring myself to really hate it either. It's just sad.

Now that I've vented a bit, I wanted to make some comments - triggered by this episode, but  not necessarily about this one, so forgive me if I am posting on the wrong thread.  I haven't been able to go through all the posts, not sure if others have already said this.

I think one of the biggest problems with the show post-Season 4 was the lack of a strong goal for the protagonists to be achieved. In the first 4 seasons, the writers could come up with a variety of storylines, with the main theme being Rory's quest for Harvard and Lorelai's quest for establishing her own inn. Chilton was a virtual goldmine of stories (they never exploited Yale as well as Chilton) and so was the Independence Inn.  Rory graduated in Season 3, so there was no Chilton, but the Dragonfly quest along with L&L's storyline made Season 4 an edge-of the-seat season.

It was after that, that the entire show became a bit "lost". I am not a big fan of Season 5 either, and it goes incredibly downhill from there. Season 6 onwards, we can tell that the stories are contrived, that there a roomful of writers scratching there heads on what complication they could come up with, to keep the story going.  Rory's travails and triumphs with the newspaper is all they could come up with in Season 5/6 and as for Lorelai - there was nothing. So they had to cook up the ridiculous storylines of Rory's dropping out and of April. I wish they could have come up with a "professional" complication - something to do with the inn.

As can be seen from the first 7 episodes of Season 7, now that even Yale's coming to an end, the Dragonfly is  successful, there's nothing to write about! - The exclusive theme of every single episode is the romantic entanglements of the Gilmore Girls.

I used to like the show because it was about so much more than this.

If it was a movie, it would have simply ended in Season 4, and we would have only had happy memories.

Now, I am counting down, 7 done - 15 to go, till I get Season 7 out of my system, so that I can go back to repeated watching of the 87 riveting episodes of Season 1 - 4, and pretend that Season 5-7 never happened.

(Of course, die-hard fan that I am, I won't lose hope that the upcoming episodes of Season 7 will make me change my opinion!)

xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #350 on: December 16, 2007, 06:52:53 pm »

Now, that I've properly been able to watch this episode; I can safely say: "This is the worst episode of Gilmore Girls known to man." I cried. Yes, I cried. And man, did I cry a lot. The episode was so cheesy, and the only thing I could think throughout the entire thing is: "Man, why didn't they have this fluff with Luke and Lorelai?". It made me mad that we only got romantic stuff with Chris and Lorelai, and Rory and Logan. Never with Luke and Lorelai. Maybe the occasional cute scene but never anything much. The 'I love you' s heard from the couple were nauseating [sp?]. Especially, because we all know that Lorelai was lying. I was so convinced throughout the entire thing Lorelai was picturing Chris as Luke. And when he proposed I was ready to faint. I knew already what was going to happen, but I crossed my fingers anyway and reminded Lorelai of how he wasn't the man for her and how Rory wasn't there. But, she betrayed my request. When they got home, and Christopher said: "Welcome home, Mrs. Haden." I was furious. But happy when I saw Lorelai's fake smile and face when he left the room.

As for Rory, I can't blame her for freaking out like that. That must have really sucked. Not knowing where you are going? Man, that stinks. The whole thing with Marty was confusing and disappointing for me. I had always wanted Marty and Rory to hook up and well, that didn't help anything.

~ September. Santa

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
Una
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 03, 2008, 01:02:35 pm »

I HATE THIS!!
" I looove you"
-"I looove you too"
"Oh,this Paris thing is sooo perfect,it's like nothing ever changed"
-" I knooow"
"I love you Lor"
-"...I love you too Chriiis"
and with the room,and the park bench,and the Paris...AAAAGH! It's just too much! Why can't Lorelai just accept the fact that she still loves Luke!? I can't believe she would just get over it, push it aside and just like that say "I love you" to chris,when months before she was convincing luke she loves him and she has never loved anyone like that before.She also forgot all the plans about the wedding, the june 3rd, the perfect dress, the perfect chucrh, the perfect guy...for cryin' out loud, she still sleeps in the extended bed room Luke made ready just for two of them when they get married,THEIR bedroom!! Almost feels like cheating.And she just lives in it few months later with another guy,claiming she loves him?... how could they write a script like that,like things with Luke never existed?! I'm deeply disappointed.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 04:38:12 pm by Una » Logged

Jess: Are you sure you want me to go? Cause maybe this whole thing can be solved between me and Dean if we just sat down, had a little heart-to-heart, he could tell me his issues, Iíll tell him mineÖ
Rory: Jess!
Jess: I promise Iíll speak slowly.
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 07, 2008, 09:00:44 am »

This episode sucked... Pfffff, Christopher who pays all that money for that restaurant to open at 5am  Shocked omg, I mean, get a life! I wouldn't like it if a guy did that for me, I would feel horribly akward.
And then the fact that they keep portraying French people as rude people. Ok, not all of them are nice, but do you really have to be so negative about them?  Huh Angry

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
byrd
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #353 on: April 15, 2008, 06:17:58 pm »

I'm with you guys, I didn't think too much of this episode but what I hate more is Lorelai marrying Chris.. I mean, Chris? Come on.

Poor Luke, he's ten times more awesome and more of a man than Chris. :/ If by the end of the season they haven't introduced some new character for Luke to marry I'll be quite annoyed.

Oh, and I'm most likely alone here but I don't mind Lucy (One of the 'Tweedles').. but that's mostly because she has a strange cuteness to her.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2008, 06:24:11 pm by byrd » Logged
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 19, 2009, 06:18:19 pm »

"Welcome Home Mrs. Hayden?" Huh

B00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000!
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #355 on: June 16, 2009, 03:10:27 pm »

OK, I've been a fan of this show for about two years now.  Having watched the show from its first 6 seasons, reading fan fiction, and even delving into the world of the post-series Virtual Gilmore Girls series.  I also read the transcripts of the 7th season and this was the episode I was dreading.

The transcipt and dialogue was only a teaser to the debacle that this episode. 

There were 2 decent storylines involving Rory and Lane, seperately.  I thought it was bit well-handled though some of the dialogue invovling Rory leaving the Yale Daily News and the stuff with Olivia and Lucy wasn't that great.  The Lane-twins stuff was much better but I wanted more and they only showed Luke in just one scene.  The writing was all right but it wasn't enough. 

Then there was the Lorelai-Christopher thing in Paris and ugh...

I remember reading the transcripts and was amazed at how bad the dialogue was.  It was bad enough that some of it was leaning toward sentimental drivel like "I love you Lor", "I love you Chris".  Never in my life did those words sound so bland.  I know I'm a Java Junkie and tried not to be biased.  Yet, it felt you were being beaten in the head to believe that Lorelai belongs with Christopher.  I agree with the way they portrayed the French was false and unkind.  Then came that proposal and it's clear about Christopher.  When it comes to Rory, he always puts her second in front of Lorelai.  He's nothing more than a selfish bastard who cares more about re-living some childhood fantasy instead of thinking what his own daughter is thinking. 

The ending showed Lorelai obviously like "what the hell?" and I think I can echo the sentiment of every Java Junkie, hardcore fan of the show in one word.

[size=666pt]NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/size]

This is truly indeed, the worst episode of the series ever.  Sorry Balcony buddies but Mr. & Mrs. Hayden suck!
calbomm
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 17, 2009, 02:58:59 pm »

The first half of season 7 sucked.  I didn't like the Lorelai/Chris storyline.  There was not any sizzle to it nor was there any chemistry between the actors.  Chris taking advantage of Lorelai right after she broke up with Luke was low.  He knew she was vulnerable away from home and took advantage of her again by getting her to marry him. Clearly, she was not thinking clearly and reality hit her when she returned home. 
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: